Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,040 members, 7,810,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Naija Webdevelopers And Java - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Naija Webdevelopers And Java (1104 Views)

Webdevelopers For E-commerce Website Needed. / Why I'm Starting To Hate Web-development A.k.a. If Architects Were Webdevelopers / Webdevelopers Needed For A Good Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Webdevelopers And Java by Chimanet(m): 12:12am On Oct 28, 2010
Am a young developer(to be) with java knowledge (servlets and jsp, little of jsf)but yet to undertake a project but i have found out that most naija web developers dont use java technologies so right now am confused weather to continue in the java paths or switch to asp.net or even php(but php is too strange for me with java knowledge),so please folks am asking for your advice if should switch or continue,but if i should continue,which framework do java dev guys in niaja use mostly? becouse am a kind of far from programmers in this my location.Most of the things i have leant, i tought myself!
Re: Naija Webdevelopers And Java by Mobinga: 12:59am On Oct 28, 2010
Chimanet:

Am a young developer(to be) with java knowledge (servlets and jsp, little of jsf)but yet to undertake a project but i have found out that most naija web developers dont use java technologies so right now am confused weather to continue in the java paths or switch to asp.net or even php
Thats true. Very few do especially when it comes to credit card (https://mpi.valucardnigeria.com/mpirun.jsp?action=mpi) ish

(but php is too strange for me with java knowledge),so please folks am asking for your advice if should switch or continue,but if i should continue,which framework do java dev guys in niaja use mostly? becouse am a kind of far from programmers in this my location.Most of the things i have leant, i tought myself!

Multi-Task na. Java would soon become hotcake grin. But in the main time ditch java
Re: Naija Webdevelopers And Java by Chimanet(m): 2:48am On Oct 28, 2010
@mobinga
i have tried to combine it with asp.net(since csharp is like java) but it seems like i cant really concentrate on one and also i have come to notice that most naija websites are done with php,so right now am a kind of confused
Re: Naija Webdevelopers And Java by Youngichou(m): 7:04am On Oct 28, 2010
Hmmmmm my friend
truly speaking i understand your feeling. This reminds me of when i was on python programming language but i wanted using it on the web and that was a problem because many sites in 9ja dont use python so you know i decided going for PHP. And its really simple because Python is very similar to the Php. Now am on Php/MYSQl. NOT untill some few days i came across the first 9jarian site uses Python and that is Seun second site Nairalist.com the site had a database error connection so it displayed some error of which i get hold off and i saw it was a cms. I checked the company's details just for me to see that they use Python.
My advice to you is go to Php and not Asp.net because asp is not open source besides Php is and in nigeria here it will be difficult and expensive studying Asp. But if your out of 9ja then go for Asp.net but know that Php rules the world.
@MOBINGA how do you think java would soon become hot cake. I dont see that ever working. I have a friend of mine who is on java he his very good, when i mean good he his very good he creates network applications viruses desktop applications but 3days ago he told me he wants to move to PHP and this i think is because Java is not making any wave in the Market. Though he is a young boy of 18.
Re: Naija Webdevelopers And Java by DualCore1: 7:22am On Oct 28, 2010
Java never worked for me. Infact it was the "home" language through out my studies. It just wasn't working. If you have been drilled in Java then PHP will be like one of your warm up sessions for your Java drill. No matter how good I get in PHP I still have some feeling of guilt that I ran away from Java and for this reason I cant call myself a programmer. Donpuzo talk sey we be developers (not like I disagree with that).

Meanwhile, do you know how data from a MySQL database on a remote server can be fed into a Java frame? Working on a side project with my dude and its a fusion of Java and PHP.  He's stuck at the Java end while I am smiling (waiting for him) at my PHP end. He's looking at me for a solution and my look is like. . . "WTF dude, java is your ish not mine! you're the Java instructor at a fly ICT firm"
Re: Naija Webdevelopers And Java by Chimanet(m): 7:23am On Oct 28, 2010
@youngichou
   thanks for your candid advice,umh! starting with php mehn no go easy oh
Re: Naija Webdevelopers And Java by Youngichou(m): 8:07am On Oct 28, 2010
It would be if you read well. And use good ebooks
Re: Naija Webdevelopers And Java by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 28, 2010
@Youngichou. Try and be more professional. For many reasons, disclosing your finding about Nairalist's back-end may not be too prefect.

I have also been secretly trying to know the technology behind it. By Brother, it's a great site. About the greatest in Nigeria.

But you may have just soled a to-be-paid-for info to a useless hacker!
Re: Naija Webdevelopers And Java by Slyr0x: 9:53am On Oct 28, 2010
[Quote]i came across the first 9jarian site using Python [/Quote]

Dont be too sure bro. U seen this b4 python.org.ng ??

(1) (Reply)

Is Yookos A Dead Site Now Or What? / Help Please: Review This Site Www.queenccollections.com / Apart From Designing, Whats The Cost Putting A Website Up On The Internet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.