Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa (9112 Views)

Any Help With Eu Countires To Hustle , And Study PT... / Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Busybody2(f): 9:21pm On Oct 29, 2010
@ justwise

I beg to differ, the OP's question is neither silly nor dumb, he only made a genuine error with the topic. Clearly he wants to cross over to the UK permanently, hence reason he thought he might need a visa to start the initial process, and there is nothing wrong with asking if one is not sure, WHICH WAS WHAT THIS DUDE WAS TRYING TO DO. So like Vicjustice rightly deduced, his query is in line. cool Pele pele di owo yin cool

@EHOST247

What you need depends on you or your family's EU citizenship status, how you acquired it and the Country which granted it.

If you are a citizen of Bulgaria or Romania, you need permission to work.For rights of family members not of EEA extract, see next paragraph below.

If you are a citizen of Czechoslovakia, Estonian, Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Slovakian or Slovenian national, you will need to register under the Worker Registration Scheme.  Your family members who are not EEA nationals cannot apply for a residence card until you have continuously been employed in the UK for 12 months,but they can apply for a family member residence stamp.

If you are from anywhere else in the EEA or Switzerland, and you are working or self-sufficient, you have right of residence, your family(wife/other, children, grandparents) can join you in the UK too. You can request for a Registration certificate if you wish,but it is not compulsory. Other dependants who are not EEA nationals who can prove they are "dependent" on you, can join you too, but would need to apply for a Family Permit in their home Country or the UK Embassy wherever they are, and if successful would be issued a residence card when they get to the UK.

After you have lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years, not being absent for more than 6 months each year, you can apply for confirmation of your permanent residence. You will need to have been in employment, self-employment, studying or self-sufficient in the UK throughout the five-year period, then you would be issued your permanent residency document, whilst your family member who are not EEA nationals will be endorsed with a 10 years endorsement on their passport.

You can opt out of work and equally choose to study or go on benefits too, its your prerogative cool  

SUMMARY -YOU DON'T NEED A "VISA" TO COME AND STAY IN THE UK, HECK YOU DON'T EVEN NEED A VISA TO COME AND VISIT LIKE YOU ALREADY KNOW wink AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOUR ENGLISH, BRITAIN IS THE DXLEXIA CAPITAL OF THE WORLD, ABOUT 6 IN 10 GRADUATES LEAVE UNIVERSITY UNABLE TO SPELL COHERENTLY, MORESO US NIGERIANS FOR WHOM ENGLISH IS NOT OUR MOTHER TONGUE, NOTHING DO YOU cool
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 9:23pm On Oct 29, 2010
mi 2010:

@funnkybaby. will u insult any of this guyz when meet them in real life? backside hole!!!! when i was in Uni i know how to treat likes of u that comes from dyfunctional family. i pity your husband!!

@ justwise. with due respect i have for u as most interlligent officer (FBI)we have in this forum, is now cut short for supporting this secamsamabalism funnkybaby. I have no respect to u anymore.

Seriously guys, i'm beigning to wonder where this is heading to. yes she called the poster dumb and  i agreed with her, you just called her backside hole, called her family dyfunctional, come on! if you think calling the poster dumb is wrong then you shouldn't rained abuses on her cos you doing exactly the same dam thing.

I'm sorry u lost the respect u have for me b4 but then again you have the right to do that just as i have to right to agree with her.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 9:25pm On Oct 29, 2010
@ Busy_body

The poster changed his question AFTER funkybaby's comment, the question u see now is not the original question, sadly nobody quoted the original question.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by funkybaby(f): 9:39pm On Oct 29, 2010
justwise:

The poster changed his question AFTER funkybaby's comment, the question u see now is not the original question, sadly nobody quoted the original question.

the poster has edited both the title of the thread and the question.

good to know that my comment finger.ed his brain  grin grin and made him rephrase his question.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2010
funkybaby:

the poster has edited both the title of the thread and the question.

good to know that my comment manipulated his brain grin grin and made him rephrase his question.

. . . and he edited the comment he made after ur post but i quoted him.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Busybody2(f): 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2010
justwise:

@ Busy_body

It is going to be 5 years next month that i have been frequenting the Travel section on NL, so trust me when i tell you there is no trick in the book anyone such as posters like this can throw that would sway me, i have seen it all wink

LET ME SUMMARISE THIS FOR YOU
I saw the original post. The subsequent ones he modified it to, did nothing to cover his tracks too. The bottomline though is that it is obvious he wasn't enquiring about[i] "visa to visit" aka "leave to enter"[/i] but "visa to stay" aka "leave to remain", more examples include "visitor's visa to visit temporarily"/spousal visa to stay permanently, all in all, visa na visa, hence reason i said the problem was with his choice of the word - VISA wink Hence he has not said anything wrong in either the original post or the modified one to warrant these insults cool
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 10:03pm On Oct 29, 2010
Busy_body:

It is going to be 5 years next month that i have been frequenting the Travel section on NL, so trust me when i tell you there is no trick in the book anyone can throw that would sway me, i have seen it all wink
LET ME SUMMARISE THIS FOR YOU
I saw the original post. The subsequent ones he modified it to, did nothing to cover his tracks too. The bottomline though is that it is obvious he wasn't enquiring about[i] "visa to visit" aka "leave to enter"[/i] but "visa to stay" aka "leave to remain", more examples include "visitor's visa to visit temporarily"/spousal visa to stay permanently, all in all, visa na visa, hence reason i said the problem was with his choice of the word - VISA wink Hence he has not said anything wrong in either the original post or the modified one to warrant these insults cool

Come on! Busy_body, you don't think his original question and the edited one are dumb? Seriously?
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Busybody2(f): 11:02pm On Oct 29, 2010
justwise:
Come on! Busy_body, you don't think his original question and the edited one are dumb? Seriously?

What is dumb in mistaking a "resident permit" for a "resident visa"?

What is dumb about asking questions about his right as a EU permit holder seeking "leave to enter/remain" in UK? 

What is dumb about seeking greener pastures and wanting to cross over permanently to the UK from Europe?

If you are perfect and have never made any mistake with words nor sought greener pasture elsewhere in life, feel free to respond cool
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 11:13pm On Oct 29, 2010
Busy_body:

How can any EU citizen ask this question: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa ?

An EU citizen looking for visa to visit another EU country? Even when i provided the homeoffice link to him he still want to know how to go about it.

This is not about "resident visa, leave to remain" in UK or cross over permanently to the UK from Europe.

I never claimed to be perfect and will never do, but when i ask a dumb question feel free to call me one.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 11:14pm On Oct 29, 2010
Justwise, Please!
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 11:20pm On Oct 29, 2010
Vicjustice:

Justwise, Please!

Done!
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 11:25pm On Oct 29, 2010
justwise:

Done!
   Thanks man.

Now let me clarify things. The poster never mentioned that he's an EU citizen, i have record of his first post. He wrote just two words to follow up his main question which was the original title of the thread and it went thus (unedited):

How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Ireland and Us Visa

"Please comment"
   With this post, i understand the poster is a Schengen residence permit holder who desires to relocate to any of these countries; the UK, Ireland or the USA, and he wanted to know how easy it is for him (a holder of a Schengen Residence permit) to get migrant visa for these country. No where did he say that he's an EU citizen.
   Honestly, i feel sorry for him for the unfair treatment that he received for wanting to know what he didn't know.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 11:31pm On Oct 29, 2010
Vicjustice:

Thanks man.
Now let me clarify things. The poster never mentioned that he's an EU citizen, i have record of his first post. He wrote just two words to follow up his main question which was the original title of the thread and it went thus (unedited):
Sorry i have to come bk to this but he did claimed to be an EU citizen, look at it here or check my first post on this thread, i quoted him.

Quote from: eghost247 on Yesterday at 08:00:43 AM
Thats how u go about saying Thrash
Why would u Call it Dumb
[b]and for your info i do have
a eu residence permit[/b]but i am kinda newso i want to know with the drill is
i know about Amending your permit to the Uk and all that
so dont just post rubbish
just becausesomeone is tryna get answers from other people
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Busybody2(f): 11:40pm On Oct 29, 2010
justwise:

How can any EU citizen ask this question: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa ?

An EU citizen looking for visa to visit another EU country? Even when i provided the homeoffice link to him he still want to know how to go about it.

This is not about "resident visa, leave to remain" in UK or cross over permanently to the UK from Europe.

I never claimed to be perfect and will never do, but when i ask a dumb question feel free to call me one.

Like i have been saying if you can get over yourself for once and pay attention, all you have to do is swap the "visa" in the topic to "permit" and hey presto, the matter is solved. Mind you, the link you provided in your advice below is for people who wants to join their families in the UK which is in no way applicable to this case, HENCE YOUR ADVICE IS WRONG.

And if you cannot deduce the "need" in the OP's post that what he wants is to cross over to UKto get his Resident Permit and cannot give the correct advice based on this, but rather instead insult them, then perhaps you should stick to what you are good at - fishing out scammers cool

justwise:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 11:42pm On Oct 29, 2010
justwise:

Sorry i have to come bk to this but he did claimed to be an EU citizen, look at it here or check my first post on this thread, i quoted him.

Why would u Call it Dumb
and for your info i do have
a eu residence permit[/b]but i am kinda newso i want to know with the drill is

Yes, he said he does hold an EU [b]residence permit
(which i understand to be from a Schengen state), but he never claimed to be an EU citizen: Residence permit is like Leave to Remain, it's not the same thing as citizenship. I took keen note of his very first post hence i was surprised to see someone called him dumb and others calling him silly. Poor man sad .
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Busybody2(f): 11:58pm On Oct 29, 2010
justwise:

Why would u Call it Dumb
a eu residence permitbut i am kinda newso i want to know with the drill is

vicjustice:
Yes, he said he does hold an EU residence permit (which i understand to be from a Schengen state), but he never claimed to be an EU citizen, i took keen note of his very first post hence i was surprised to see someone called him dumb and others calling him silly. Poor man

Exactly, the ones calling him dumb and silly are the ones who are wrongly concluding that the fact that he said he has EU residence permit means he is an EU citizen. Now who is silly and dumb and ignorant to boot and should be wiping the eggs on their faces in shame undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by eghost247(m): 5:48am On Oct 30, 2010
Vic justice
understand my point thanks Busy Body
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by oyewolejos(m): 7:45am On Oct 30, 2010
Busy_body:

Exactly, the ones calling him dumb and silly are the ones who are wrongly concluding that the fact that he said he has EU residence permit means he is an EU citizen. Now who is silly and dumb and ignorant to boot and should be wiping the eggs on their faces in shame undecided undecided undecided

Who is the bush meat, who is the hunter?
Calling people dumb and in reality u are the dumb person.
All this i too know attitude on Nairaland am sick of it.
People should read with their balls before replying shiiit
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by tigerpaws(f): 8:31am On Oct 30, 2010
Busy_body:

Like i have been saying if you can get over yourself for once and pay attention, all you have to do is swap the "visa" in the topic to "permit" and hey presto, the matter is solved. Mind you, the link you provided in your advice below is for people who wants to join their families in the UK which is in no way applicable to this case, HENCE YOUR ADVICE IS WRONG.

And if you cannot deduce the "need" in the OP's post that what he wants is to cross over to UKto get his Resident Permit and cannot give the correct advice based on this, but rather instead insult them, then perhaps you should stick to what you are good at - fishing out scammers cool

for your info i do ‘have’  ILR in UK. How easy is it for a person with ILR in uk to get a UK visa?

Serious comments only.
DISCUSS  undecided

Dumb!
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 9:38am On Oct 30, 2010
oyewolejos:

All this i too know attitude on Nairaland am sick of it.[/b]People should read with their balls before replying shiiit

Oh please get a grib of ur fragile life. The orginal post never mentioned anything about [b]Schengen visa
, he said EU residence and with that u do not need a visa to come to the UK.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 9:39am On Oct 30, 2010
@vicjustice

vicjustice i told you b4 that i'm done with this, but as u can see the insults are coming in, so sorry i have to respond to them.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Busybody2(f): 9:44am On Oct 30, 2010
tigerpaws:

for your info i do ‘have’  ILR in UK. How easy is it for a person with ILR in uk to get a UK visa?

Serious comments only. DISCUSS  

Dumb!

SMH undecided What an analogy undecided Quit making a JACKASS of yourselves, an Eu resident permit does not mean one is a EU National/Citizen. It is exactly what it says on the tin - RESIDENCE PERMIT. He could have gotten it as a result of being the dependant of someone in the EU, yet still has his nationality as Nigerian until he fulfils the necessary residency requirement to qualify for full citizenship. READ UP ON IT cool

And thanks for letting us know you have ILR, let us know further once you are done cashing it at the bank, then maybe it will give us too the incentive and spur us Yabaleft citizens to go and apply for visa with our Yabaleft passport cool

oyewolejos:
All this i too know attitude on Nairaland am sick of it.
People should read with their balls before replying shiiit

Oops sowwy Oyewolejos, my post was addressed to the wrong person embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 9:45am On Oct 30, 2010
Busy_body:

Like i have been saying if you can get over yourself for once and pay attention, all you have to do is swap the "visa" in the topic to "permit" and hey presto, the matter is solved. Mind you, the link you provided in your advice below is for people who wants to join[b] their families in the UK[/b] which is in no way applicable to this case, HENCE YOUR ADVICE IS WRONG.[/b]And if you cannot deduce the "need" in the OP's post that what he wants is to cross over to UKto get his Resident Permit and cannot give the correct advice based on this, but rather instead insult them, then perhaps you should stick to what you are good at - fishing out scammers cool

Yes he did said its for family members. Read it here:

[b]People on here
are funny
i am new
my permit has only been reading for 4years
six months
sides that does not stop me from asking
from people who have applied
before
how easy it was
and i searched the Uk immigration website
i couldnt find much on Eu family memebers
so if u cant answer the Question
just dont say nothing
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by eghost247(m): 9:49am On Oct 30, 2010
So Justwise
What are u tyna prove here?
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by tigerpaws(f): 9:51am On Oct 30, 2010
Busy_body:

SMH undecided What an analogy undecided Quit making a JACKASS of yourselves, an Eu resident permit does not mean one is a EU citizen. For further clarification, READ UP ON IT cool

And thanks for letting us know you have ILR, let us know further once you are done cashing it at the bank, then maybe it will give us too the incentive and spur us Yabaleft citizens to go and apply for visa with our Yabaleft passport cool

So its ok to call random strangers dumb. yet you can't take the heat and start spitting your dummy outta your mouth when the table is turned abi undecided  What is good for the goose is good for the gander, if you do't like it, feel free to take a walk off the nearest gangplank undecided

And is it not you people with your i-too-know[i]ism[/i] that led to your ignorant a.r.s.e.s abusing the poor chap, THAT BADLY NEEDS THE EDUCATION undecided Oku igbe oshi cool Dunno why i am even bothering to respond to an ignorant, garrulous, uncouth agbero like you sef, olodo jatijati, EMPTY BARRELS MAKE THE LOUDEST NOISE, HOW APT cool cool cool

Oh shut up! I knew you would reply to my dumb enquiry within seconds  grin

I dont have ILR; I'm just sounding like the poster!

oops my bad, You are a dumbo too, so you couldnt figure it out  grin    grin  tongue

eghost247:

Why would u Call it Dumb
a eu residence permit

but i am kinda newso i want to know with the drill is

Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 9:52am On Oct 30, 2010
Vicjustice:

Yes, he said he does hold an EU residence permit (which i understand to be from a Schengen state), but he never claimed to be an EU citizen: Residence permit is like Leave to Remain, it's not the same thing as citizenship. I took keen note of his very first post hence i was surprised to see someone called him dumb and others calling him silly. Poor man sad .

You have to remember my initial comment was based on his initial post and NOT on the edited or modified one. In that case, somebody holding an EU
residence permit does not need a visa to come to the UK, the issue of Schengen visa was ur own interpretation. Yes on my own part i got the EU residence permit and EU citizen mixed up and i take the insult for that.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 9:54am On Oct 30, 2010
eghost247:

So Justwise
What are u tyna prove here?

That ur INITIAL question was a dumb one.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by eghost247(m): 9:56am On Oct 30, 2010
so hold up
are saying that for the fact that one has an Eu Residence means that he cant be denied a Uk Visa?
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 10:01am On Oct 30, 2010
eghost247:

so hold up
are saying that for the fact that one has an Eu Residence means that he cant be denied a[b] Uk Visa?
[/b]

Clarify this now, when you said EU residence, do you mean Schengen visa ?
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 10:06am On Oct 30, 2010
justwise:

You have to remember my initial comment was based on his initial post and NOT on the edited or modified one. In that case, somebody holding an EU
residence permit does not need a visa to come to the UK, the issue of Schengen visa was your own interpretation. Yes on my own part i got the EU residence permit and EU citizen mixed up and i take the insult for that.
   Justwise, you're absolutely wrong here. Everyone irrespective of the nature or category of residence permit that he or she holds NEEDS AN ENTRY CLEARANCE (a visa) to enter the UK, except one holds an EU passport.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 10:23am On Oct 30, 2010
Vicjustice:

Justwise, you're absolutely wrong here. Everyone irrespective of the nature or category of residence permit that he or she holds NEEDS AN ENTRY CLEARANCE (a visa) to enter the UK, except one holds an EU passport.

Vicjustice, please can you provide any link to support that?
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 10:23am On Oct 30, 2010
justwise:

residence permit does not need a visa to come to the UK, the issue of Schengen visa was your own interpretation. Yes on my own part i got the EU residence permit and EU citizen mixed up and i take the insult for that.
Dear, Justwise,
  You seem not to understand what EU Residency means. . . Like i explain before, it is a Schengen version of the Idefinitely Leave To Remain or the Stamp4 (as Ireland has it). This residence permit (which some call the Green Card) is only valid for travelling freely within the Schengen states where the holder is entitled to stay for up to 3 months for visiting or tourist purpose, (you can't take a job in another country with it except in the very country that issued it to you). It does not entitle you to enter the UK or Ireland without an entry clearance or a visa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your Advice For Someone Visiting Lagos For The First Time? / Information For Those Who Want To Travel To The Carribean / Nigeria Is A Failed Miserable Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.