Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa (9111 Views)

Any Help With Eu Countires To Hustle , And Study PT... / Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Busybody2(f): 10:32am On Oct 30, 2010
justwise:

Yes he did said its for family members. Read it here:

People on here
are funny
i am new
my permit has only been reading for 4years
six months
sides that does not stop me from asking
from people who have applied
before
how easy it was
and i searched the Uk immigration website
i couldnt find much on Eu family memebers
so if u cant answer the Question
just dont say nothing  

I don't know why you keep dredging up posts as if i didn't see them in the first place. By the way, the link you provided was for people of other nationalities who wants to come and join their family members in the UK, not an EU person that wants to come and join their family, which the OP is enquiring about, ENTIRELY TWO DIFFERENT THINGS cool

justwise:
You have to remember my initial comment was based on his initial post and NOT on the edited or modified one. In that case, somebody holding an EU
residence permit does not need a visa to come to the UK, the issue of Schengen visa was your own interpretation. Yes on my own part i got the EU residence permit and EU citizen mixed up and i take the insult for that.

Our post is based on his initial response too, he is not an EEA national so if he wants to visit or join his family in the UK he needs to apply for an EEA family permit, which is a form of entry clearance (like a visa) that you are given, free of charge, so members of your family who are not EEA nationals can travel to the United Kingdom. If he is in Nigeria, he can apply for his from the Embassy there, and if he is already in Europe, he can apply from there. END OF cool

tigerpaws:
Oh shut up! I knew you would reply to my dumb enquiry within seconds  

I dont have ILR; I'm just sounding like the poster!

oops my bad, You are a dumbo too, so you couldnt figure it out

Of course i relish the idea of knocking commonsense into you however minute the case maybe, even if like you said "your enquiry is dumb" grin So you admit you make dumb enquiries which means that you are dumb yeah, i like you, your honesty is refreshing cheesy grin cheesy
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 10:35am On Oct 30, 2010
justwise:

Vicjustice, please can you provide any link to support that?
   Yes, please. Here is one, and i'm using German EU/Schengen residency as an example.

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/international_travel_information/visa_passport_information/index.jsp

/ 30OCT10 / 1026 UTC
National Nigeria (NG)           /Residence Germany (DE)
Destination United Kingdom (Great Britain) (GB)

United Kingdom (Great Britain) (GB)

Passport required.
- Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid
  for the period of intended stay.

Visa required.

Minors:
- When their names are registered in the passport of (one of)
  their parents or guardians, For details, click here
- Child Visit Visas For details, click here
- Pupils For details, click here
Additional Information:
- Flights between the United Kingdom and the Channel Islands,
  Ireland (Rep. of) and Isle of Man are treated as domestic
  flights, therefore are not subject to UK immigration
  control. 
Warning:
- There is no passport control on traffic between "Great
  Britain & Northern Ireland" and "Ireland (Rep. of)".
  For details, click here
- Non-compliance with entry/transit requirements (incl. forged
  documents) For details, click here

CHECK TINEWS/N1 - SOUTH AFRICA - TRANSIT VISA REQUIREMENT -
UPDATED INFORMATION

Timaticweb Version 1.3
30 October 2010
http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/international_travel_information/visa_passport_information/index.jsp
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by eghost247(m): 10:35am On Oct 30, 2010
clearly justwise
does not even know diffrence between being an Eu Reisdent
and being an  Eu citizen
your looking at as if
MY INTIAL POST WAS ASKING IF AS A EU/Schengen Resident permit Holder
does that make your chance of Getting A uK IRELAND OR USA VISA EASIER
PERIOD
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 10:43am On Oct 30, 2010
eghost247:

clearly justwise
and being an  Eu citizen
your looking at as if
PERIOD

Friend, there was absolutely nothing wrong with your post, neither the initial nor edited version, it was that troublesome mosquito that started all these mess and the silly name callings, and those who trust her to know everything followed. My sincere apology.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Busybody2(f): 10:49am On Oct 30, 2010
ehost247:
clearly justwise
and being an Eu citizen
your looking at as if
PERIOD

Why not wait the few more months to knack 5 years so you can get the chance to naturalise where you are, before jumping ship to UK? What Country are you in by the way? Do you have EU national family members in the UK already as this is the easiest route?
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 10:57am On Oct 30, 2010
Busy_body:

Why not wait the few more months to knack 5 years so you can get the chance to naturalise where you are, before jumping ship to UK? What Country are you in by the way? Do you have EU national family members in the UK already as this is the easiest route?
   Easy said. Actually, in some countries like Greece, staying five years with the Residence Permit does not guarantee citizenship, they have a system of delaying and frustrating aliens with their residence permit until they're fed up and quit hoping. Many people live with Greek Residence Permit for even up to 20 years.
   Greece has a system of issuing Bebeosi (pronounce Veveosi) after a residence permit expires, this is a system where by a long term residence permit holder is issued this official paper (Bebeosi) stating that the holder is waiting for the renewal of his or her residence permit, it waiting period can take up to 3 years before his Residence Permit is reissued and the Bebeosi collected. It's frustrating
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 10:58am On Oct 30, 2010
@Vicjustice

Thanks for the link but that was not what i was looking for.

The link i asked for is to clarify the idea that somebody with EU residence permit(not the schengen version) need a visa to visit the UK.

The link you provided did state whether the individual was holding  ordinary schengen visa or EU residence permit.

I'm asking for a link that will clarify ur statement here: Everyone irrespective of the nature or category of residence permit that he or she holds NEEDS AN ENTRY CLEARANCE (a visa) to enter the UK, except one holds an EU passport.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Busybody2(f): 11:21am On Oct 30, 2010
justwise:

I'm asking for a link that will clarify your statement here: Everyone irrespective of the nature or category of residence permit that he or she holds NEEDS AN ENTRY CLEARANCE (a visa) to enter the UK, except one holds an EU passport

fOR Family members who are not EEA or Swiss nationals

If your family members are not EEA or Swiss nationals and they are coming to live with you permanently or on a long-term basis, they will need to apply for an EEA family permit before coming to the UK. The EEA family permit is similar to a visa and is issued by visa services. Your family members should apply for an EEA family permit at their nearest British diplomatic post.

SOURCE: UKBA

[s]Hope this is not an attempt to nitpick though lipsrsealed[/s]
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by tigerpaws(f): 11:30am On Oct 30, 2010
Busy_body:

I don't know why you keep dredging up posts as if i didn't see them in the first place. By the way, the link you provided was for people of other nationalities who wants to come and join their family members in the UK, not an EU person that wants to come and join their family, which the OP is enquiring about, ENTIRELY TWO DIFFERENT THINGS cool

Our post is based on his initial response too, he is not an EEA national so if he wants to visit or join his family in the UK he needs to apply for an EEA family permit, which is a form of entry clearance (like a visa) that you are given, free of charge, so members of your family who are not EEA nationals can travel to the United Kingdom. If he is in Nigeria, he can apply for his from the Embassy there, and if he is already in Europe, he can apply from there. END OF cool

Of course i relish the idea of knocking commonsense into you however minute the case maybe, even if like you said "your enquiry is dumb" grin So you admit you make dumb enquiries which means that you are dumb yeah, i like you, your honesty is refreshing cheesy grin cheesy

i-d-i-o-t    grin

If this will make you sleep; Ok you win! Go to bed  tongue  grin
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 11:31am On Oct 30, 2010
@Busy_body.

This is the original post:  How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Ireland and Us Visa there was no mention of a family member visit here, and my first comment on this thread was based on that, not based on Schengen version of EU residence permit.

Like i said b4, i want a link to clarify Vicjustic's comment here: Everyone irrespective of the nature or category of residence permit that he or she holds NEEDS AN ENTRY CLEARANCE (a visa) to enter the UK, except one holds an EU passport
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 11:38am On Oct 30, 2010
eghost247:

clearly justwise
and being an Eu citizen
your looking at as if
PERIOD
Do you hold ordinary Schengen visa or EU residence permit, that is my question to you.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by tony13: 11:41am On Oct 30, 2010
VERY EASY IF YOU HAVE EU RESIDENT FROM EXPERIENCE

check this website for more information :http://www.immigrationboards.com/index.php?sid=8af6b86b58db78874590baf872192325

be blessed
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 11:43am On Oct 30, 2010
tony13:

VERY EASY IF YOU HAVE EU RESIDENT FROM EXPERIENCE

check this website for more information :http://www.immigrationboards.com/index.php?sid=8af6b86b58db78874590baf872192325

be blessed

Please can you check the link and post it again cos its not opening.

Thanks.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by tony13: 11:48am On Oct 30, 2010
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by eghost247(m): 11:50am On Oct 30, 2010
did i ever make mention of schengen Visa in my posts
i said EU residence permit
IF SOME HAS AN EU RESIDENCE PERMIT
WHICH DOES NOT GO TO THE UK
DOES THAT MAKE HIS CHANCE
OF GETTING A UK VISA IF HE APPLIES FOR IT EASY
simple
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 11:54am On Oct 30, 2010
eghost247:

[b]did i ever make mention of schengen Visa in my posts[/b]i said EU residence permit
simple

Interesting, you did not mention that but you agreed with Vicjustic when he said you were talking about Schengen visa version of EU residence?
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by tony13: 11:57am On Oct 30, 2010
eghost247:

did i ever make mention of schengen Visa in my posts
i said EU residence permit
simple

if you are working ,you will get the visa.
fill the form at the embassy,
pay slips x 2
bank statement
and your passport with your residency.

you should be grand

if you need more explanation i can help you get info here,
where are you in Europe.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by eghost247(m): 11:59am On Oct 30, 2010
Your Mixing things up man
listen let me break it down
u have eu residence
it can go to everywhere in the schengen area
but it cant go to the uk
what am tryna say is that
if u apply for a uk visa
at least that respect will be there
that being an eu resident permit
holder
u probably wont overstay your visa
and all that
i mean visa application is all about convicing the embassy that ur worth the visa
so from my own conclusion i believe that if u have an eu resident permit
u have better chances of getting a uk
visa than someone who does not have an eu residence permit
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by tony13: 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2010
eghost247:

Your Mixing things up man
listen let me break it down
u have eu residence
it can go to everywhere in the schengen area
but it cant go to the uk
what am tryna say is that
if u apply for a uk visa
at least that respect will be there
that being an eu resident permit
holder
u probably wont overstay your visa
and all that
i mean visa application is all about convicing the embassy that your worth the visa
so from my own conclusion i believe that if u have an eu resident permit
u have better chances of getting a uk
visa than someone who does not have an eu residence permit

yes there is respect but you must be working or a student,
be ready for above document,
i am speaking from experience ,
also hotel reservation.
bye
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Busybody2(f): 12:08pm On Oct 30, 2010
justwise:

@Busy_body.

This is the original post:  How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Ireland and Us Visa there was no mention of a family member visit here, and my first comment on this thread was based on that, not based on Schengen version of EU residence permit.

Like i said b4, i want a link to clarify Vicjustic's comment here: Everyone irrespective of the nature or category of residence permit that he or she holds NEEDS AN ENTRY CLEARANCE (a visa) to enter the UK, except one holds an EU passport

FOR WANT OF GOING ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON, AGAIN I SAW THE ORIGINAL POST And my input on this thread is not about Schengen version either, only Vicjustice introduced that angle to the mix, AND EHOST247 STILL NEEDS AN ENTRY CLEARANCE (A VISA) BECAUSE he is not an EU national or citizen as he does not have long term residency yet, so his citizenship is determined by his passport not his country of residence, and his nationality NIGERIAN is one that requires a Visa to enter UK.

FURTHER SOURCE : http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexU

justwise:

Do you hold ordinary Schengen visa or EU residence permit, that is my question to you.

The answer still remains the same, regardless of what he holds, throw in the towel and stop your lame attempt at cheap point scoring please, its getting pathetic and lame and painful to watch, please fold your overplayed hand. Enough already abeg, no one has a monopoly on all the knowledge in the World, and that includes you and I cool Of course, this is just a friendly advise, so feel free to ignore cool

tigerpaws:

i-d-i-o-t  grin  

If this will make you sleep; Ok you win! Go to bed tongue grin

Yippee, glad for the feedback to let me know i hit a nerve. cheesy

Yay, glad to see i still haven't lost it cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Vicjustice: 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2010
justwise:

Interesting, you did not mention that but you agreed with Vicjustic when he said you were talking about Schengen visa version of EU residence?
  [size=15pt] That's incorrect, i didn't mention Schengen visa version, i said "Schengen Version of the Leave to Remain or Stamp4 (as Ireland has it)", No visa there.
Now, whether EU Family Member, Schengen R.P, or "EU Residence Permit" whatever; there exist no category of Residence Permit in the entire world that allows the holder to enter the UK without Entry Clearance (Visa), the same thing goes with Ireland. Everyone is required to obtain a visa except one holds an eligible passport.

Anyway, now that we understand what the Ghost-man 24x7 said, lets correct our errors as i take the responsibility to apologise for everyone.
Eghost247, please, accept our apology.[/size]
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 12:21pm On Oct 30, 2010
Busy_body:

FOR WANT OF GOING ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON, AGAIN I SAW THE ORIGINAL POST And my input on this thread is not about Schengen version either, only Vicjustice introduced that angle to the mix, AND EHOST247 STILL NEEDS AN ENTRY CLEARANCE (A VISA) BECAUSE he is not an EU national or citizen as he does not have long term residency yet, so his citizenship is determined by his passport not his country of residence, and his nationality NIGERIAN is one that requires a Visa to enter UK.
FURTHER SOURCE : http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexU…The answer still remains the same, regardless of what he holds, throw in the towel and stop your lame attempt at cheap point scoring please, its getting pathetic and lame and painful to watch, please fold your overplayed hand. Enough already abeg, no one has a monopoly on all the knowledge in the World, and that includes you and I cool Of course, this is just a friendly advise, so feel free to ignore cool
Yippee, glad for the feedback to let me know i hit a nerve. :DYay, glad to see i still haven't lost it cheesy cheesy cheesy
Friendly advise? Thanks. Ur link doesn't work, yes i'm draging it cos i want to get to an informed conclusion.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Busybody2(f): 12:34pm On Oct 30, 2010
justwise:
Friendly advise? Thanks.  your link doesn't work, yes i'm draging it cos i want to get to an informed conclusion.

On a good day, you would not get any informed response by querying people's intelligence in such condescending and arrogant postulating manner. You so wanna be right you have become rude in your attempt and are refusing to take other people's opinion at face value. Another friendly advise you don't have to take nor sarcastically thank me for cool

As for the link, forget it, why bother, it is clear you can't wait to punch the air in victory and say we are wrong and you are right, so i would not wanna knock your hustle and would rather you be left free to keep wallowing in your ignorance, so feel free to continue, and leave us be to continue with our collective uninformed conclusion, its a free World, nothing do you cool
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2010
Busy_body:

Your insults taken in good faith.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Busybody2(f): 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2010
justwise:

Your insults taken in good faith.

Limp and lame to now try pass off my input as insult, but i am not surprised, it is usually an attempt utilised by drowning rats clutching at straws to keep afloat cool Nothing new under the sun cool
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2010
Busy_body:

Limp and lame to now try pass off my input as insult, but i am not surprised, it is usually an attempt utilised by drowning rats clutching at straws to keep afloat cool Nothing new under the sun cool

On a good day, you would not get any informed response by querying people's intelligence in such condescending and arrogant postulating manner. You so wanna be right you have become rude in your attempt and are refusing to take other people's opinion at face value. Another friendly advise you don't have to take nor sarcastically thank me for

As for the link, forget it, why bother, it is clear you can't wait to punch the air in victory and say we are wrong and you are right, so i would not wanna knock your hustle and would rather you be left free to keep wallowing in your ignorance, so feel free to continue, and leave us be to continue with our collective uninformed conclusion, its a free World, nothing do you 

Not an insult? Thanks as i said b4.
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Busybody2(f): 1:00pm On Oct 30, 2010
justwise:
Not an insult? Thanks as i said b4.

That is not an insult, it is to do with you feeling too big tobe corrected like a G and me just helpfully telling you to feel free in carrying on with your perceived height of intellectual superiority. And no need for your sarcastic thanks, save it, before someone comes along to tell you where to stick it cool
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2010
Busy_body:

That is not an insult, it is just me telling you to feel free in carrying on with your perceived height of intellectual superiority. And no need for your sarcastic thanks, save it, before someone comes along to tell you where to stick it cool

Yup, another thanks coming ur way. More?
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by eghost247(m): 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2010
Busy_Body Your Killing it Thumbs Up grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Busybody2(f): 1:12pm On Oct 30, 2010
justwise: Yup, another thanks coming your way. More?

You want more, sure i don't mind obliging.

I know there is something in that UK water that turns men into wusses, but man up, it will give you the strength you need to swim against the tide and save you from acting like a big girl's blouse who has to have the last word, especially with a female of the species, o ma shey o embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2010
Busy_body:

You want more, sure i don't mind obliging.

I know there is something in that UK water that turns men into wusses, but [/b]man up[/b], it will give you the strength you need to swim against the tide and save you from acting like a big girl's blouse who has to have the last word, especially with a female of the species, o ma shey o embarassed embarassed embarassed

Oh! are you?
Re: How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa by Busybody2(f): 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2010
justwise:
Oh! are you?

Won bi mi o, ta' le mi o bi lipsrsealed Yet more lame and pathetic comeback cool

ehost247:
Busy_Body Your Killing it Thumbs Up

Now, now, now don't you go indulging me tongue

Ok on a serious note, i just don't like people clearly in the wrong, yet remaining headstrong and turning themselves into bullies in the process undecided

By the way, why kain scary yeye username you get so of all the names in the world angry See as i dey remove the "g" and dey call you ehost247 as fear dey catch me cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your Advice For Someone Visiting Lagos For The First Time? / Information For Those Who Want To Travel To The Carribean / Nigeria Is A Failed Miserable Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.