Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,253 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Help Needed With Appeal "vicjustice" - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help Needed With Appeal "vicjustice" (3145 Views)

Appeal To The Nigerian Embassy In UAE / I Was Given Appeal At The Finnish Immigration Coz Of My Weac / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed With Appeal "vicjustice" by jt2010: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2010
Vicjustice & other NL,

Please help with this appeal process.

Here is the link to the documents that i submitted:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-501048.0.html

The Refusal Letter:

The directorate of immmigration regrets to inform you that the visa application has been rejected.

The request for a visa has been refused because you do not satisfy one or more of the conditions under section 10 of the immigration act. The reasons for refusal are also listed in article 32(1) of the Schengen Community Code on Visa (visa Code) which is implemented in the immigration regulation.

According to the immigration act section 10 second paragraph and article 32(1) letter b in the visa code, an application for a visa may be rejected if considered necessary due to immgration regulatory considerations.

Where our and the local schengen cooperation's experince with specific groups and nationalities indicated that many fail to leave Norway or the schengen area upon expiratyion of thier visas, it has become our pratice to issue a visa only in exceptional cases.

Probability of return is assessed individually and important is attached to both emigration potential in the applicant's country of origin and to the individual factors regarding the applicant.

We have noted that the applicants comes from a country with a great potential for emigration due to its social and economic situation. in our experience, many applicants from Nigeria wish to resettle in other countries.

The applicant is unmarried ands has no children. He is said to be engaged in regular employment as an information technology expert. however, the directorate does not give this decisive weight.  Reference is made to our experience that many applicants consider job and income prospects in norway or another country in the schengen area as more attractive compare with those of his country of origin.

After considering these aspects of the application, the directorate of immigration finds that the applicant lacks the necessary ties to his country of origin.

The directorate of immigration does not consider there to be sufficiently welfare reasons to justify tyhe issueing of a visa. We refer to the fact that the purpose of the visa is only tourism, and that he hoes not have any reference in norway.

The decision can be appealed, cf. the public administration act section 28 first paragraph. the appeal has to be sent to the directorate of immigration or the foreign service mission. the directorate will review the case, if the directorate does not find any reason to reverse its decision, the case will be sent to the immigration appeals board.
Re: Help Needed With Appeal "vicjustice" by Vicjustice: 1:26pm On Oct 28, 2010
jt2010:

i have an interview with norway embassy in nigeria for Spetember 14, 2010 for a tourist visa and i need advise/tips to ensure the success of this application. Here are the documents i intend to submit.

1) Letter of introduction from my Office
2) Letter of grating of leave
3) 3 months payment slip
4) Bank statements (with reference letters from the bank)
5)Air ticket reservation
6) Hotel Reservation
7) Travel Insurance
cool Letter of employments, promotion etc
9) stock statements
I will be including two statements of account (Salary Account and Personal Statement) to the application because i always transfer my salary after been paid into my personal account.

any body with tips or advice should contribute.
jt2010:

Vicjustice & other NL,

Please help with this appeal process.

Here is the link to the documents that i submitted:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-501048.0.html

The Refusal Letter:

The directorate of immmigration regrets to inform you that the visa application has been rejected.

The request for a visa has been refused because you do not satisfy one or more of the conditions under section 10 of the immigration act. The reasons for refusal are also listed in article 32(1) of the Schengen Community Code on Visa (visa Code) which is implemented in the immigration regulation.

According to the immigration act section 10 second paragraph and article 32(1) letter b in the visa code, an application for a visa may be rejected if considered necessary due to immgration regulatory considerations.

Where our and the local schengen cooperation's experince with specific groups and nationalities indicated that many fail to leave Norway or the schengen area upon expiratyion of thier visas, it has become our pratice to issue a visa only in exceptional cases.

Probability of return is assessed individually and important is attached to both emigration potential in the applicant's country of origin and to the individual factors regarding the applicant.

We have noted that the applicants comes from a country with a great potential for emigration due to its social and economic situation. in our experience, many applicants from Nigeria wish to resettle in other countries.

The applicant is unmarried ands has no children. He is said to be engaged in regular employment as an information technology expert. however, the directorate does not give this decisive weight.  Reference is made to our experience that many applicants consider job and income prospects in norway or another country in the schengen area as more attractive compare with those of his country of origin.

After considering these aspects of the application, the directorate of immigration finds that the applicant lacks the necessary ties to his country of origin.

The directorate of immigration does not consider there to be sufficiently welfare reasons to justify tyhe issueing of a visa. We refer to the fact that the purpose of the visa is only tourism, and that he hoes not have any reference in norway.

The decision can be appealed, cf. the public administration act section 28 first paragraph. the appeal has to be sent to the directorate of immigration or the foreign service mission. the directorate will review the case, if the directorate does not find any reason to reverse its decision, the case will be sent to the immigration appeals board.
   Thank you for considering me helpful in this occasion.
   It is remarkable that Norway gives tourist visa applicants the rights of appeal, something most country do not give. But since it is a tourist visa, you really have to take some things into consideration in making the decision to appeal it.
   Actually, observing the documents that you presented to support your application, i think you did well except that you went a bit too far by making air ticket reservation (something that is an outdated requirement) which usually results in loss of money when the expected visa is refused.
   Now, remember that it would take a good while for your appeal to come up, the hearing date to be fixed and the the decision to be reached. So, you have to consider your circumstances which will likely change and become invalid to support your purpose and arrangements for your tourist trip. For example:
*The "letter of introduction from your office/the letter of granting of leave" of which the date might become incompatible with the purpose and duration of your tourist trip.
Also, consider these factors:
*The "Air ticket reservation" Though it was a mistake in the first place, yet the ticket might become invalid before the appeal is decided. The same problem goes with your *"Hotel Reservation",*"Travel Insurance" and even the *"Letter of employments, promotion etc".
   These said, appeal doesn't guarantee success except of course, you would have the chance to prove that you're a genuine tourist and that you have strong ties and responsibility, something that must convince the tribunal judge that you'll return to Nigeria in due time. But if you do have that, and considering the time sensitivity of your documents and arrangements, i think you'd be better off making a fresh application addressing the only issue that affected this refused application.
   Actually, you didn't really mention what help you require.
Re: Help Needed With Appeal "vicjustice" by jt2010: 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2010
Many thank for your time to reponse to my humble request.

I really need your help on how to write a convincing appeal letter and how to demostrate to them that i will be returning back to Nigeria. As per the compability of my documents, i can revalidate all the said doucments to meet up the time requirements for the appeal. I need your help on how to convince them that i will be returning to Nigeria after the visit. My intention is to return back to Nigeria after the visa validility period.

Please note that base on the letter, the appeal process will be determind between 30 days of received of my appeal.

Please i need all help that i can get.

Many thank.
Re: Help Needed With Appeal "vicjustice" by Vicjustice: 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2010
You see, it would be difficult to advise on how to write a convincing letter since i have no idea of what material or obligations that are actually associated with you to convince the judge or visa officer.
   Now, talking about the compability of your documents (which you said you'd re-validate), i will humbly advice you from experience that this measures might not work because, you intended to use your denied visa for a given period and duration, and you are appealing the refusal of the visa sought. So now,  "re-validating" the dates might not go well with an appeal, but still, everything depends on the personal discretion of the judge. But if i were you, i'd gather proof to convince them that i'm a genuine tourist who will definitely return home after my trip, then, i will re-apply for the visa.
   If you don't mind answering, these questions can help accessing it all:
  What is your marital status, any kids?
   What age group do you fall in?
(Say a group if you don't feel comfortable to specify your age; ie 25-30)
   What kind of job do you do, and what income level?
   How long have you been working with your company?
   How's your savings like, (the balance matters too)
   Have you ever travelled outside Nigeria before?
Re: Help Needed With Appeal "vicjustice" by jt2010: 4:02pm On Oct 28, 2010
Here are my answer to your questions:

1) What is your marital status, any kids? Single with no kid(s). It is stated in the refusal letter also.
2) What age group do you fall in? (Say a group if you don't feel comfortable to specify your age; ie 25-30) - Am 31
3) What kind of job do you do, and what income level? Information Technology Expert - 200K Stated also on the refusal letter.
4) How long have you been working with your company? 3 years plus
5) How's your savings like, (the balance matters too). about 1.5M and 1.500 thousand USD but have landed and stock assets also.
6) Have you ever travelled outside Nigeria before? No

As per my documents, what i mean by revalidating is that: I can get my office to reschedule my leave period toward december because of the diffcults of getting the visa.
Re: Help Needed With Appeal "vicjustice" by Vicjustice: 12:15am On Oct 29, 2010
Thanks to your clarification, i didn't seem to fully understand the King James Version English in which the Norwegian authority wrote your visa refusal letter. Now, given the nature of your job as an Information Technology Expert on a monthly salary of 200 thousand Naira and the documents that you have presented to support same together with your company's back-ups, i think the decision to refuse you the visa in the first place was very, very unfair, you should have been given the visa without issues as your job alone is enough proof of home ties, an enviable obligation to return home for.
   Now that i fully understand the contents of that letter, and have managed to access your worth, i think you were unfortunate to have had your application treated by a biased visa officer who seemed to have generalised Nigerians rather than treat individual in his/her own merit. However, you do stand a good chance whether you make a fresh application or you appeal the refusal, If you don't have any other ties or obligations, You can make a written declaration capitalising on your enviable job which is good enough obligation to come back for: make them understand that you would never compromise the job for anything, not even the Norwegian passport.
   Honestly, with your job, your monthly income and all the measures you took to apply for that visa, there shouldn't have been this talk of appeal, it's very silly and arrogant for a visa officer to accord a person earning monthly salary of 200 thousand Naira in Nigeria as one who would travel to Norway and become an illegal resident.
   Anyway, write a typed letter (with the aid of Microsoft Word) and address the Home ties issue by capitalising on your lucrative job which is good enough to represent an obligation to return home for: and also the number of years that you have served your company is enough to guarantee that your job is secured. Capitalise on your job and capitalise on your job and capitalise on your job: that should see you through.
Please, if you need further assistance or you wish to get things clearer, don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers
Re: Help Needed With Appeal "vicjustice" by dancewith: 7:31am On Oct 29, 2010
jt2010:

Here are my answer to your questions:

1) What is your marital status, any kids? Single with no kid(s). It is stated in the refusal letter also.
2) What age group do you fall in? (Say a group if you don't feel comfortable to specify your age; ie 25-30) - Am 31
3) What kind of job do you do, and what income level? Information Technology Expert - 200K Stated also on the refusal letter.
4) How long have you been working with your company? 3 years plus
5) How's your savings like, (the balance matters too). about 1.5M and 1.500 thousand USD but have landed and stock assets also.
6) Have you ever travelled outside Nigeria before? No

As per my documents, what i mean by revalidating is that: I can get my office to reschedule my leave period toward december because of the diffcults of getting the visa.

I think Vicjustice has given you a good enough advice. Your best bet seems to be re applying, with a letter addressing the refusal decision

But you also need to show CLEARLY why you want to go to Norway. They mentioned you do not have any Reference in Norway so what are you touring for? You state that you have about N1.8m, how much of this are you expending for this trip?

Be clear on this. The problem may well be that they are not used to having Nigerian tourists who return. I also find it strange a Nigerian will chose Norway over UK, US, Canada, France, Spain and Italy for tourism whereas he does not have any 'reference' in the place. If you had applied to the UK you would have probably qualified for a visa but if I am the Norwegian visa officer I would certainly have serious doubts

Good luck

Re: Help Needed With Appeal "vicjustice" by Vicjustice: 9:21am On Oct 31, 2010
Thanks Dancewith, i appreciate your contribution, and i know the Poster will appreciate it too; in fact, you pointed out something that i forgot,
dancewith:
. . . But you also need to show CLEARLY why you want to go to Norway. They mentioned you do not have any Reference in  Norway so what are you touring for? You state that you have about N1.8m, how much of this are you expending for this trip? . . .
Well done.
Re: Help Needed With Appeal "vicjustice" by jt2010: 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2010
Vicjustice & Dancewith,

I do appreciate your time and effort. Am highly grateful. I have forward the Appeal to the Embassy. I will keep u updated on any development.

Thank
Re: Help Needed With Appeal "vicjustice" by wishlolia(f): 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2010
seems you already forwarded the appeal before asking for advise
Re: Help Needed With Appeal "vicjustice" by Chrisfred: 9:18am On Dec 17, 2014
How did the appeal go?..and how long did it take...i have forwarded mine also too and i have been waiting for three weeks now
Re: Help Needed With Appeal "vicjustice" by Kayhummer(m): 6:12pm On Dec 11, 2015
Greetings to you boss, please I will need your help, I applied for france tourist visa did the bio metric and submition 2 dec 2015 and I got a message my application was ready 7/23/2015, the only reason started on my denial was the information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and condition of the intended stay was not reliable, my intended date of traveling was 2/1/2016 and return 8/1/2016. The question now is should I appeal as I submitted all that was required, considering the time frame of appeal, would u advice me to appeal or just re apply and if I choose to reapply what time do you think is the best time to reapply, I hear some people say a month after or so, please clearify thanks and God bless you
Vicjustice:
   Thanks to your clarification, i didn't seem to fully understand the King James Version English in which the Norwegian authority wrote your visa refusal letter. Now, given the nature of your job as an Information Technology Expert on a monthly salary of 200 thousand Naira and the documents that you have presented to support same together with your company's back-ups, i think the decision to refuse you the visa in the first place was very, very unfair, you should have been given the visa without issues as your job alone is enough proof of home ties, an enviable obligation to return home for.
   Now that i fully understand the contents of that letter, and have managed to access your worth, i think you were unfortunate to have had your application treated by a biased visa officer who seemed to have generalised Nigerians rather than treat individual in his/her own merit. However, you do stand a good chance whether you make a fresh application or you appeal the refusal, If you don't have any other ties or obligations, You can make a written declaration capitalising on your enviable job which is good enough obligation to come back for: make them understand that you would never compromise the job for anything, not even the Norwegian passport.
   Honestly, with your job, your monthly income and all the measures you took to apply for that visa, there shouldn't have been this talk of appeal, it's very silly and arrogant for a visa officer to accord a person earning monthly salary of 200 thousand Naira in Nigeria as one who would travel to Norway and become an illegal resident.
   Anyway, write a typed letter (with the aid of Microsoft Word) and address the Home ties issue by capitalising on your lucrative job which is good enough to represent an obligation to return home for: and also the number of years that you have served your company is enough to guarantee that your job is secured. Capitalise on your job and capitalise on your job and capitalise on your job: that should see you through.
Please, if you need further assistance or you wish to get things clearer, don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers
Re: Help Needed With Appeal "vicjustice" by Ward2000: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2018
Please is this topic still up..I need urgent advice ..I know the post is old..

(1) (Reply)

Finally I Am Going To Travel To Lagos For The Very First Time In My Life. / Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? / How Can I Enter Greece From Turkey With Nigerian Passport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.