Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m (6387 Views)

BIU Student Threatens Tab-Thief With Madness (Snapshot) / First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. / Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by violent(m): 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2010
buzugee:

what do i recommend ? have the common sense to know when you have been licked and keep it moving. COMMON SENSE is not so common. trying to take a stand on a non-issue demonstrates lack of common sense.

what a daft head! shocked shocked . . .i wonder what kind of father you'd make. . . tell your kids, "when someone tramples over you, just shut the hell up and drag your arse home"

well sir, I ve got news for you, some of us are not like that. . .we were taught to learn to take a stand. . .if someone throws the dung at you, throw the shít right back in their face!
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by buzugee(m): 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2010
violent:

so the computer wired 9 billion into some dude's account. . .the dude was able to withdraw 20k from it. . .the ATM machine issued a receipt and stated in account balance. . . .and a day later, the computer corrected itself. . .and his happened in only one account of over a million account held by first bank in Nigeria?

. . .and you couldn't pick any holes in this, besides blaming it on computer error?,  . .you sir, are too dumb to be real. . .I'm convinced I'm actually arguing with a really dumb robot.
would it surprise you to know that this is a very common computer error that happens in the banking system ?
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by violent(m): 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2010
buzugee:

would it surprise you to know that this is a very common computer error that happens in the banking system ?

Let's assume for a minute it's actually a computer error, whose fault is that?. . .the bank's fault!. . .i don't give three fúcks about what kind of computers you've got, my account is my responsibility, you had better train your computers not to credit and debit at will!
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by buzugee(m): 4:34pm On Oct 29, 2010
violent:

what a daft head! shocked shocked . . .i wonder what kind of father you'd make. . . tell your kids, "when someone tramples over you, just shut the hell up and drag your arse home"

well sir, I ve got news for you, some of us are not like that. . .we were taught to learn to take a stand. . .if someone throws the dung at you, throw the shít right back in their face!
yeah i hope you do not have kids because your philosophy in life is warped. you are just an angry and belligerent nigerian living in london. tell us why you really mad ? they stopped your giro payments ?
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by buzugee(m): 4:36pm On Oct 29, 2010
violent:

Let's assume for a minute it's actually a computer error, whose fault is that?. . .the bank's fault!. . .i don't give three fúcks about what kind of computers you've got, my account is my responsibility, you had better train your computers not to credit and debit at will!
once again you display your below-par level of intelligence. so because the bank made a mistake, you feel it is within your rights to capitalize on this mistake ? if you are a thief, admit that you are a thief. i aint mad at ya. be proud of who you are. i got nothing against hustlers, thieves and shysters but i got something against a thief claiming to be full of pride and morals.
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by folem: 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2010
violent:

so the computer wired 9 billion into some dude's account. . .the dude was able to withdraw 20k from it. . .the ATM machine issued a receipt and stated in account balance. . . .and a day later, the computer corrected itself. . .and his happened in only one account of over a million account held by first bank in Nigeria?

. . .and you couldn't pick any holes in this, besides blaming it on computer error?,  . .you sir, are too dumb to be real. . .I'm convinced I'm actually arguing with a really dumb robot.

[size=16pt]Illegal transfer: Poly student wrongly credited with N9.3bn is a crook — FirstBank[/size]

written by Lanre Adewole Monday, 25 October 2010

As the nation continues to serenade a student of The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Durojaiye Adeyemi Job, who reportedly returned N9.3 billion wrongly credited to his account by FirstBank Plc, a new twist has crept into the saga with the bank authorities accusing him of being a fraud, while calling on Nigerians to stop feting him as a national hero.

The bank in a memo dated October 6, 2010 to the Chairman of Oyo State ANCOR, the volunteer arm of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), the bank claimed that information available to it showed that Job wanted to withdraw more than N20, 000 that he eventually returned but for the quick rectification of the computer error that credited the billions of naira to him in the first place.

The memo was a response to the one earlier written to the bank by the ANCOR boss, seeking clarification from the bank before writing to anti-corruption agencies for official recognition of Job’s reported honesty as well as asking the bank to compensate him in order to encourage more Nigerians to embrace honesty.

Replying the anti-corruption campaigners, the bank in a three-page memo signed by Chief Internal Auditor, Ademola Adewale, and Akindipe. C.O of the Internal Audit Department, stated that: “On Friday 13/08/2010 between 6.36pm and 6.53pm, there was an incident where ATM displayed N9.3 billion on all FirstBank ATM cards.”
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by violent(m): 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2010
buzugee:

yeah i hope you do not have kids because your philosophy in life is warped. you are just an angry and belligerent nigerian living in london. tell us why you really mad ? they stopped your giro payments ?

Angry?. . .at your dumbness?. .hell yeah!

more wishy washy wimps of your kinds in the gene pool means our leaders will continue to use us as door mats!. . . hell, you can't even stand up and fight for your right or the truth even if it is staring right in your nose!

I bet i can even come to your house and help myself to your wife while you watch like a dundee!

if someone stopped my giro payments and I'm well within my rights, i'd be making talking drums with their skin!
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by violent(m): 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2010
buzugee:

once again you display your below-par level of intelligence. so because the bank made a mistake, you feel it is within your rights to capitalize on this mistake ? if you are a thief, admit that you are a thief. i aint mad at ya. be proud of who you are. i got nothing against hustlers, thieves and shysters but i got something against a thief claiming to be full of pride and morals.

hehe. . .a mistake? that is only acceptable within the caber of lowly minded folks like you? . . what if it had been a business account within a multinational with large inflows and outflows?

Do you even realize what such a mistake is capable of resulting to?

Replying the anti-corruption campaigners, the bank in a three-page memo signed by Chief Internal Auditor, Ademola Adewale, and Akindipe. C.O of the Internal Audit Department, stated that: “On Friday 13/08/2010 between 6.36pm and 6.53pm, there was an incident where ATM displayed N9.3 billion on all FirstBank ATM cards.

Now this makes more sense and is clearly evident of a computer error. . .but some dolt telling me that a computer mysteriously wired over 9 billion naira into my account and just my account alone, of all the accounts held by the bank, with no traces of such the following day is also a computer error?. . . .hell no!
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by buzugee(m): 4:48pm On Oct 29, 2010
violent:

Angry?. . .at your dumbness?. .hell yeah!

more wishy washy wimps of your kinds in the gene pool means our leaders will continue to use us as door mats!. . . hell, you can't even stand up and fight for your right or the truth even if it is staring right in your nose!

I bet i can even come to your house and help myself to your wife while you watch like a dundee!

if someone stopped my giro payments and I'm well within my rights, i'd be making talking drums with their skin!

grin grin grin grin that was funny. i gotta give you that. you got jokes.  dude all i am saying is 'pick your battles' . no one here is a doormat but mr durojaiye is fighting a losing battle. that is a battle you ought to let go. your right was not trampled on. if anything, the bank had legal grounds to sue him.
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by beeman80: 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2010
I quite agree with u on that.I am sure he would have done worse.Some people do not just appreciate honesty and integrity.
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by buzugee(m): 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2010
violent:

hehe. . .a mistake? that is only acceptable within the caber of lowly minded folks like you? . . what if it had been a business account within a multinational with large inflows and outflows?

Now this makes more sense and is clearly evident of a computer error. . .but some dolt telling me that a computer mysteriously wired over 9 billion naira into my account and just my account alone, of all the accounts held by the bank, with no traces of such the following day is also a computer error?. . . .hell no!
like i said earlier, this is a very common mistake in the banking system. computers are fallible. the bank opened an account for you because they view you as an upstanding member of the community and they want to do business with you. now do your part by honoring and respecting the trust given to you. its a 2 way street.
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by buzugee(m): 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2010
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by buzugee(m): 4:58pm On Oct 29, 2010
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by buzugee(m): 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2010
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by beeman80: 5:01pm On Oct 29, 2010
llade:

The guy is a thief. He had only 3,000.00 and when he saw the huge moni in his account he withdrew 20k. He does not know that this amounts to stealing. If he likes let him allow his lawyer to deceive him by suing the bank.

This is preposterous.All u can say to someone who has done well?How do we encourage Nigerians who are trying to be honest?My dear u need a re-think.
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by buzugee(m): 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2010
PLEASE READ THIS CASE. THIS COUPLE WERE INDICTED BECAUSE THEY SPEN THE MONEY MISTAKENLY DEPOSITED IN THEIR ACCOUNT http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/03/north_canton_couple_accused_of.html
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by beeman80: 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2010
violent:

Please sink it into their ears.Someone in there should be querried.The guy should have been compensated.The bank is so stingy.
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by buzugee(m): 5:07pm On Oct 29, 2010
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100501112847AApdkL9

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090423142301AAn4tuc

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread511203/pg1

IF YOU READ ALL THE LINKS I HAVE POSTED, I HOPE YOU CAN SEE THAT IT IS AN UBIQUITOUS COMPUTER ERROR IN THE BANKING SYSTEM. not the bank using your account behind your back as some of you have purported. and yes the bank can sue you if you spend the money. case closed
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by Intrepid1(m): 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2010
The guy is a thief. He had only 3,000.00 and when he saw the huge moni in his account he withdrew 20k. He does not know that this amounts to stealing. If he likes let him allow his lawyer to deceive him by suing the bank.

If he wanted to steal it, why did he return the entire 20k on Monday morning?
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by chosen04(f): 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2010
Ephraimi:

All well meaning Nigerians must support dis guy. Deris loophole in d bank's system but dey stil have d audacity to accuse sb instead of tracing d problen in-house. Who knows if d money is not connectd 2 d  Oct 1 blast. How did such money find its way into a student's a/c & develop wings d following day? Its just mysterious.

Pls count well meaning people like us who can decode thieves from this. How can the dude claim the returned money that was never in his possession?
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by chosen04(f): 6:30pm On Oct 29, 2010
Intrepid!:

Cos after having the benefit of contemplation from Friday to Monday the dude decided to seek cheap attention and reap where he did not sow.
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by osifred(m): 6:32pm On Oct 29, 2010
dis is a two way thing.he could be innocent as well as guity so i reserve ma comment
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by udeze(m): 6:56pm On Oct 29, 2010
Hmm, that's a huge amount of money, anything could happen, who knows?
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by folem: 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2010
chosen04:

Cos after having the benefit of contemplation from Friday to Monday the dude decided to seek cheap attention and reap where he did not sow.

He only returned the money on Monday morning after seeing his account in N18,000 debit on Saturday morning.
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 29, 2010
This guy is a thief. He will loose the case. A friend that works in UBA mistakenly posted N500,000 into someones a/c, the fellow withdrew all,but was later arrested. The guy also used ATM small till the 500K was completely removed. The poly guy would have done same. Hes a thief. He&his solicitors will loose on this one.
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by buzugee(m): 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2010
Intrepid!:

let me break it down to you like a simpleton. hopefully everybody understands what went down here

1, the guy found this huge amount in his account

2, he withdraws 20,000 of that money (never mind he had 3000 in his account)

3, i will assume he is not a strong minded criminal because what a strong minded criminal would have done after withdrawing 20,000 and seeing that this money is for real. a strong criminal will walk into the bank and try to cash it all out. this mr durojaiye is a tentative criminal. 'trepidation' is his personality

4, the next day mr durojaiye goes to try to withdraw another large sum of money but unfortunately for him, the compluter has discovered the glitch and re-appropriated the money according, leaving mr durojaiyes account with minus 17,000 naira. this is another place where i know mr durojaiye is not a hardened crook because he panics. now me myself ? what i would have done in a situation like that will be to keep the money i have already withdrawn, ditch the account and go and open a new account with another bank. nigerian citizenry is not computerized so nobody will ever find him. but mr durojaiye panics and decides that if i go to the bank and try to explain to them that i saw this huge amount in my account, i think you have made a mistake bla bla bla, they would not come and arrest him. so he basically used the 'strike first before they strike' approach.

5, he should have heaved a sigh of relief and left it at that but now he thinks he can cash in (i am guessing he is getting bad advice from some greedy people )
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by andyanders: 8:30pm On Oct 29, 2010
MOST BANKS NOW DELIBRATELY CHARGE CUSTOMERS INTERNAL FEES THAT WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE. LIKE INTERCONTINENTAL BANK, THEY COLLECT N100 ANYTIME TO TAKE MONEY FROM YOUR PERSONAL SAVINGS ACCOUNT. I WONDER WHY. WHEN ASKED, THEY WILL SAY, YOU SHOULD TAKE ATM CARD. SAME ATM THAT WILL BE COMPROMISED.

LIKE THE STUDENT IN QUESTION, THE BANK HAD GONE TO THEIR BOARD ROOM AND HAD PERFECTED WAYS TO COUNTER HIS CLAIM.

NOW, HOW COME MONEY OF SUCH MAGNITUDE WENT INTO SUCH AN ACCOUNT. NOW, IF THE BOY WANTED TO FRAUD THE BANK, HE WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE FULL LIMIT FOR THAT DAY. BUT HE NEVER DID. THAT ALONE IS ENOUGH PROOF TO COUNTER THE BANK'S CLAIM AND NAIL THE BANK. SUCH AN AMOUNT TO AN ACCOUNT CAN NEVER BE SAID TO BE A MISTAKE BY THE BANK, RATHER SOMEONE WAS TRYING TO PLAY GAME.
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by tonn(m): 10:15pm On Oct 29, 2010
Well i think i am just getting different versions of the story. I was very infuriated with the bank on hearing the frivolous accusation of the bank. on a second thought i considered that First Bank is not known for such bad publicity and this propelled me to asked questions.

At this junture, i would like to note my findings. If the bank had accused him of wanting to make additional withdrawals the following day(saturday) before he realised that the amount had been reversed and have decided to go public with the infomation, then i would advice Mr. Durojaiye to thread carefully because such allegations dont go without clear facts. the question would be, "if he had noticed that the system payed him more than he had in his account and he was sure that the excess of N18,000 belonged to the bank, why did he want to make additional withdrawals when he already knew that the system had given him a balance that was clearly not his.
How would he defend such, "that he wanted to reconfirm that the money was stil there?

Secondly there is a high possibility of a system malfunction here. If the amount of N9.3 billion was not reflecting in his account statement, then there is a possibility that the system malfunctioned and gave Mr. Durojaiyes ATM card access to one of the banks suspense account. I suppose the error was rectified and that threw Durojaiyes account into Debit.

I would suggest that this matter be resolved amicably. I would advise Mr. Durojaiye to seek advise on what could have led to this error. Gather his facts first so that his good intentions are not portrayed in bad light.

"In the court room, it is not about what you thought was right, its about what evidences you've got, how well you can prove your case."
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 29, 2010
NA GOD CATCH THE GUY?

WHY HE NO CONTACT HIS LAWYER BEFORE GIVING BACK THE MONEY

ODE GUY
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by adanny01(m): 11:40pm On Oct 29, 2010
These banks can be funny.

MY CASE WITH UBA
I requested for an ATM and was given but it never worked. I reported and the lady took my details and promised to solve the problem. At that time i just graduated and left the town the next day. A week later i tried my ATM and it worked but the balance was not exactly mine. My bal was  about N1200 but i saw N1000. So i thought there might be differences from the system inside and outside the bank. It happened then my uncle promised to send my sister some money so i drove her to the same bank. She tried her ATM and found the min bal. I just decided to try mine and i saw N5000. I thought my uncle sent the money to my acc instead so we called him to confirm and he said he has not found time to go to the bank! She now asked me to borrow her N2000 b4 he sends his to her then we will replace after i find out what was going on. My sister gave me back the money the nxt day which i decided to deposit it back to the acc. Then i decided to try something. When depositing i used the acc no on the ATM receipt. The teller discovered that the acc no was not mine but someone else and told me the name of the person. They tried to understand it but couldn't. I went out to try the atm again but it was reported stolen and the machine seized the card. I went to get it but they said i should go back to my sch where  i opened the acc. On reporting there 2mnths later, the initial lady whom i reported my card trouble shouted "so you are the one stealing money from that guys acc". HELL BROKE LOOSE AS I COULD NOT CONTAIN MY ANGER.

MY MOTHER'S/200 OTHER PPL'S CASE WITH UNITY BANK
My mum went to the bank last month when salaries where paid. To her amazement N20,000 was debited from her acc and more than a 1000 others almost every worker or retiree who had been operating the acc in the branch since 2007. On inquiry they claimed that sometime in May, 2007 they withdrew the said amount which did not belong to them. Everybody asked for statement of acc which they gave and charged everybody. My mum asked me to help her as she is not good in maths. I and every body else discovered that the statement from Jan 2007 to Sept 2010 was missing of only one month. Guess! ''MAY 2007''. The case is in court!
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by IbrahimB: 12:10am On Oct 30, 2010
So did he return the N20,000? undecided
Re: Poly Student Threatens To Sue First Bank For N250m by mrofficial(m): 2:23am On Oct 30, 2010
[b]Who get time for all their rubbish.

2 years back, I went to a UBA ATM machine to withdraw some funds using my diamond bank card, on trying to withdraw, the machine debited my account without giving me the cash. Well i was told that it would be reversed within 24 hours, for days, the reversed didn't happen. I later went to my Diamond bank branch. I was given a retract form. few days later, I received a credit alert of 15k in my phone, I said good they've reversed it. On taking few steps, another alert of 15k came in. I thought it was just an error having received the text message twice, when i went to check my balance @ the ATM, it was confirmed that the cash had been reversed twice. I didn't even bother myself reporting anything, I just kept running my account as usual, that when they must have noticed the error, they would take back their 15k. Up till now, nothing! In fact the account is running on minus . I withdrew all the money in the account when i needed it. the most painful part was that, I suffered trying to get back my cash. So since it was their mistake, they too should crack their head and remove it. whether na computer error or human error, to hell with them.

God punish them!
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Read This Warning SIGN Pasted In Front Of A Popular Brothel... / What Does Credit Load, Credit Unit and Credit Hours Mean In The University? / Thread For Structural Engineering Students.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.