Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed (55828 Views)

Top Gabonese Government Officials Stand Under Rain To See Their President Off / Xenophobia: South African Has Gone A Step Futher To Sack Foreign Medical Workers / Xenophobia: South African President Blasted For "Catching Cruise" On National TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by DonBenny77(m): 10:18pm On Sep 15, 2019
Too late to apologise
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:46pm On Sep 15, 2019
lets forget aboutthis media gra gra.....this attacks will happen again..the southafrican just wnt people to come and rebuild what was burnt dats all

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Nobody: 2:26am On Sep 16, 2019
I will be the first to stone him if he comes to Nigeria for Buhari's burial

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Kokaine(m): 9:18am On Sep 16, 2019
Tobinrobin:
Campaign after election. You don’t know the extent of the damages the xenophobic attacks perpetrated by your people have gone. Sending Envoys won’t solve anything. You guys are now on your own. I just wish our government could do what’s necessary , stop been greedy and make this country work. Why would people need to go to South Africa �� for greener pastures? It’s so sad
they'll be lucky if those envoys are not stoned and booed out of the mentioned countries.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by nogragra: 9:23am On Sep 16, 2019
GboltNG:
The South African government are now begging Zimbabweans to forgive them over the recent xenophobic attacks on foreign nationals in their country, Igbere TV reports.

This comes barely 24 hours after the country’s President, Cyril Ramaphosa, was booed by a crowd of Zimbabwe mourners at the funeral service of Robert Mugabe over the attacks.

“I stand before you as a fellow African to express my regret and apologise for what has happened in our country,” Ramaphosa had said while apologizing for the development in his condolence speech at the Zimbabwe National Sports Stadium.

In a show of remorse for the attacks in their country and resultant reprisals, South Africans have staged a peace walk and asked for forgiveness from other African nations.

Photos and footage in circulation on social media, obtained by Igbere TV, show thousands of South Africans marching in parts of the country to call for an end to attacks on foreign nationals.

The march is coming after hundreds of foreign nationals – including Nigerians and Zimbabweans – were forced to leave the country over the recent xenophobic attacks.

Meanwhile, following the humiliation he suffered at the hands of Zimbabweans during Mugabe’s funeral on Satruday, Ramaphosa has now taken steps to address the negative image the citizens of other countries currently have about South Africa.

A statement published on the official website of South Africa’s presidency on Sunday said Ramaphosa has appointed a special envoy to heads of African governments to convey his regret concerning the widely condemned attacks.

The statement obtained by Igbere TV, read;

“A team of Special Envoys appointed by President Cyril Ramaphosa have begun their assignment yesterday, 14 September 2019, and departed South Africa to deliver messages of solidarity to several Heads of State and Government across Africa,” the statement said.

“The team, comprising of Mr Jeff Radebe, Ambassador Kingsley Mmabolo and Dr. Khulu Mbatha, will visit Nigeria, Niger, Ghana, Senegal, Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Zambia.

“The Special Envoys will deliver a message from President Ramaphosa regarding the incidents of violence that recently erupted in some parts South Africa, which have manifested in attacks on foreign nationals and destruction of property.

“The Special Envoys are tasked with reassuring fellow African countries that South Africa is committed to the ideals of pan-African unity and solidarity. The Special Envoys will also reaffirm South Africa’s commitment to the rule of law.

“The Special Envoys will brief governments in the identified African countries about the steps that the South African government is taking to bring a stop to the attacks and to hold the perpetrators to account.”

http://igberetvnews.com/993856/xenophobia-please-forgive-us-south-africa-begs-zimbabwe/
Medicine after death. I currently leave in South Africa, Not all South African are xenophobic but a large proportion of them are while some fair percentage are in support while a few are totally against this. In the Bible God delayed the destruction of Sodom and Gommora because of lot and house hold. I think all Africans must forgive them on account of these few, but they (South Africans) must come out resolutely in a statement that such dastardly act must never happen to Africans in African soil ever again. All damages and compensations must be fully paid by South African government as they are responsible for the actions of their people.

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Duggedised12(f): 9:23am On Sep 16, 2019
Please someone explain to me who these south Africans think they are fooling? For over a decade they have killed and looted shops of black foreigners, so why the sudden remorse? I hope no one falls for this,cos all i see here manipulation.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 16, 2019
South Africans you are on you own.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 16, 2019
nogragra:

Medicine after death. I currently leave in South Africa, I think all Africans must forgive them, but they (South Africans) must come out resolutely in a statement that such dastardly act must never happen to Africans in African soil ever again.
You are still in South Africa? in that case the Xenophobic Attacks wasn't that bad then.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 16, 2019
grin
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Ruby97: 9:31am On Sep 16, 2019
Asking for forgiveness is not enough,We camtc trust you with our lifes!!!!mtchewws
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Omega30(m): 9:32am On Sep 16, 2019
Thank God BBN was not held in SA this year the House mates for hear am especially Tacha
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Tobinrobin(m): 9:33am On Sep 16, 2019
Kokaine:
they'll be lucky if those envoys are not stoned and booed out of the mentioned countries.

Sadly I’m sure the envoys would be grin treated very well especially here in Nigeria. They might even host them to good food lol

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by sirya: 9:34am On Sep 16, 2019
Who owns this Egbere TV grin
Should we Nigerians accept their apology?
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by hush15: 9:36am On Sep 16, 2019
GboltNG:
The South African government are now begging Zimbabweans to forgive them over the recent xenophobic attacks on foreign nationals in their country, Igbere TV reports.

This comes barely 24 hours after the country’s President, Cyril Ramaphosa, was booed by a crowd of Zimbabwe mourners at the funeral service of Robert Mugabe over the attacks.

“I stand before you as a fellow African to express my regret and apologise for what has happened in our country,” Ramaphosa had said while apologizing for the development in his condolence speech at the Zimbabwe National Sports Stadium.

In a show of remorse for the attacks in their country and resultant reprisals, South Africans have staged a peace walk and asked for forgiveness from other African nations.

Photos and footage in circulation on social media, obtained by Igbere TV, show thousands of South Africans marching in parts of the country to call for an end to attacks on foreign nationals.

The march is coming after hundreds of foreign nationals – including Nigerians and Zimbabweans – were forced to leave the country over the recent xenophobic attacks.

Meanwhile, following the humiliation he suffered at the hands of Zimbabweans during Mugabe’s funeral on Satruday, Ramaphosa has now taken steps to address the negative image the citizens of other countries currently have about South Africa.

A statement published on the official website of South Africa’s presidency on Sunday said Ramaphosa has appointed a special envoy to heads of African governments to convey his regret concerning the widely condemned attacks.

“A team of Special Envoys appointed by President Cyril Ramaphosa have begun their assignment yesterday, 14 September 2019, and departed South Africa to deliver messages of solidarity to several Heads of State and Government across Africa,” the statement said.

“The team, comprising of Mr Jeff Radebe, Ambassador Kingsley Mmabolo and Dr. Khulu Mbatha, will visit Nigeria, Niger, Ghana, Senegal, Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Zambia.

“The Special Envoys will deliver a message from President Ramaphosa regarding the incidents of violence that recently erupted in some parts South Africa, which have manifested in attacks on foreign nationals and destruction of property.

“The Special Envoys are tasked with reassuring fellow African countries that South Africa is committed to the ideals of pan-African unity and solidarity. The Special Envoys will also reaffirm South Africa’s commitment to the rule of law.

“The Special Envoys will brief governments in the identified African countries about the steps that the South African government is taking to bring a stop to the attacks and to hold the perpetrators to account.”

http://igberetvnews.com/993856/xenophobia-please-forgive-us-south-africa-begs-zimbabwe/

He should keep his special envoy cos Africans don't care . if SA wants to live in isolation, they are free but if I were Nigerian president, I will truncate anything South African till affected people get compensation and offer a true international apology

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Ipodisacriminal: 9:36am On Sep 16, 2019
Tobinrobin:
Campaign after election. You don’t know the extent of the damages the xenophobic attacks perpetrated by your people have gone. Sending Envoys won’t solve anything. You guys are now on your own. I just wish our government could do what’s necessary , stop been greedy and make this country work. Why would people need to go to South Africa �� for greener pastures? It’s so sad

Yes ooooo you said it all

Ordinary South Africa

To get their Visa you will spend over 200k

Flight 180

What a waste of funds

Nothing is there

People do got there to perpetuate their cyber crime

Due to stable power supply

Good roads

In terms of amenities it is as low as Ghana

If our foolish government could generate 247 power supply for her citizens.

Going to South Africa will never be an agenda for anyone

Ordinary power supply in Nigeria will create more jobs itself for everyone

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Ipodisacriminal: 9:38am On Sep 16, 2019
When will the white rule South Africa
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by AgencyReport: 9:39am On Sep 16, 2019
Gadafii:
Howfar when those special envoy dey enter naija,we wan greet them "specially"

With the "Ekweremadu treatment" grin grin grin
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Princedapace(m): 9:40am On Sep 16, 2019
Tobinrobin:

Yea, african leaders need to wake up to their responsibilities. Africans die a lot at the Mediterranean sea due to poor leadership. If the current poor leadership across many african countries are not addressed, migration will continue to happen and it will surely cause issues.

Even here in Nigeria, migration is causing problems for Lagos state.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Nasige(m): 9:41am On Sep 16, 2019
African president will be behaving like snail, when they are suppose to take proactive measures they will keep quiet, now he is sending special envoy to do what, will this action bring back those that lost their lives.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Tobinrobin(m): 9:43am On Sep 16, 2019
Ipodisacriminal:

Yes ooooo you said it all

Ordinary South Africa

To get their Visa you will spend over 200k

Flight 180

What a waste of funds

Nothing is there

People do got there to perpetuate their cyber crime

Due to stable power supply

Good roads

In terms of amenities it is as low as Ghana

If our foolish government could generate 247 power supply for her citizens.

Going to South Africa will never be an agenda for anyone

Ordinary power supply in Nigeria will create more jobs itself for everyone

You’re so correct! Our government just need to start doing more. Nothing is in that country that we can’t have in ours. But greed ehn! Smh sad

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by vineyardfarms: 9:43am On Sep 16, 2019
MR RAMAPHOSA PAY COMPERSATION TO ALL THE AFFECTED INDIVIDUAL BUSINESS, LOST LIVES, OWNER'S OF BURT SOUTH AFRICAN BUILDINGS HOUSING THOSE BUSINESS. THEN SEND YOUR BLACK SOUTH AFRICAN TO SCHOOL, SOME TO LEARN TRADE. AND STOP BEING JELOUS, LAZE, CRUEL, WICKED, EVIL, GREED LEOFAS, HOSTILE, THIEVES, CRACK HEADS. BRING SOME INDIVIDUAL EVIL, CRUEL SOUTH AFRICANS WHO BACK THEM UP TO JUSTICE.
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Sunsets: 9:45am On Sep 16, 2019
Who convoy epp? No be convoy we dey see on our road everyday? Ten cars convoy...haven't you seen Emoney's convoy?
GboltNG:

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Tobinrobin(m): 9:46am On Sep 16, 2019
Princedapace:

Yea, african leaders need to wake up to their responsibilities. Africans die a lot at the Mediterranean sea due to poor leadership. If the current poor leadership across many african countries are not addressed, migration will continue to happen and it will surely cause issues.

Even here in Nigeria, migration is causing
problems for Lagos state.

I honestly don’t know why it’s so hard for us to have stable electricity for years. It still baffles me. Why would I want to go to South Africa for ‘greener pasture’ if my country is okay? What do they have that we can’t ? We’ve a country full of potentials

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by maasoap(m): 9:46am On Sep 16, 2019
DSoj:
Useless man. He kept quiet throughout the violence.
He watched everything go down for a full week. Now he's sending yeye envoy to apologize.
Apology without compensation for victims is RUBBISH

I don't understand too. Like there was no government in South Africa while the attacks last.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by maasoap(m): 9:46am On Sep 16, 2019
J111333:
SA will go down for those attacks.
Many countries will cut ties with them soon, even non African countries.

I hope so

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Ipodisacriminal: 9:48am On Sep 16, 2019
Tobinrobin:

You’re so correct! Our government just need to start doing more. Nothing is in that country that we can’t have in ours. But greed ehn! Smh sad

I greet you specially

One trophy can for you
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Tobinrobin(m): 9:49am On Sep 16, 2019
Ipodisacriminal:

I greet you specially

One trophy can for you

Trophy can this early morning sir grin. Greet you too. Have a good week

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples / How Putin Has Amassed A Staggering 6 Thousand Nuclear Weapons / 70 Women Marry Dozens Of Trees In Bristol In Bid To Prevent Them Being Felled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.