Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. (6188 Views)

I Weep For Nigerian M£N!!!!! / My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex / 4 Ex Girlfriends Left Me With The Same Story, I Am Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by excober080(m): 8:37pm On Sep 19, 2019
EACH TIME I REMEMBER THIS STORY, I WEEP.

George stinney Jr of African descent, was the youngest person to be sentenced to death in the United States

He was only 14 years old when he was executed in an electric chair.

During his trial he always carried a Bible in his hands claiming his innocence.

He was accused of killing two white girls, 11 year old Betty and Mary of 7,

The bodies were found near the house of the boy in which he lived with his parents.

At that time, all members of the jury were whites.

The trial lasted for 2 hours only and the sentence was dictated 10 minutes later.

The boy's parents were threatened and prevented from being present in the court room, and subsequently expelled from that city.

Before the execution George spent 81 days in prison without being able to see his parents, he was held in solitary 80 miles from his city, he was held alone without anybody to talk to.

He was electrocuted with 5380 VOLTS IN HIS HEAD, imagine all that amount of voltage in a teenager's head.

70 years later, in 2014, his innocence was finally proven by a judge in South Carolina. The boy was innocent, someone set it up to blame him

5 Likes

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by chris2face(m): 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2019
Oh my God am really crying here what did I just read

10 Likes

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by mamajj17(f): 8:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
Terrible Story indeed cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
Nawa oo

2 Likes

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by Alexaonfleek: 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
This is the second time I'm seeing this story.the first time I saw it I ended up crying and even now this story still got me tearyeyed.

The worst part is that over 50 years now we are still under the clutches of the white man lipsrsealed lipsrsealed sad cry cry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by ValCon888: 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2019
He was wrongfully accused of killing two girls.
Ruthlessly sentenced to death in a murder trial lasting only 2hours
Tortured psychologically by being kept in solitary confinement. Not only that, they prevented his parents from seeing him.
And after 81 days of being alone and waiting to die, he was gruesomely executed with 5380 Volts of electricity to the head.

Then 70years later to be found innocent.
What a life.

6 Likes

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by Godsfavour78: 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
Dats why some people have vowed to make them pay. lipsrsealed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by periphetes: 9:23pm On Sep 19, 2019
So sad sad Globally so many injustice to the innocents who are presently languishing in various prison for crimes they never committed...In our life time may we never become victims of circumstance. Amen cry

22 Likes

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by Kalashnikov102(m): 9:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
So sad bro..you would jv been a grown man by now..and all your kids be like poppa! and grand kids playing around! But I know you surely found peace in this crazy world we're today!

2 Likes

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by reubenobi(m): 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2019
excober080:
EACH TIME I REMEMBER THIS STORY, I WEEP.

George stinney Jr of African descent, was the youngest person to be sentenced to death in the United States

He was only 14 years old when he was executed in an electric chair.

During his trial he always carried a Bible in his hands claiming his innocence.

He was accused of killing two white girls, 11 year old Betty and Mary of 7,

The bodies were found near the house of the boy in which he lived with his parents.

At that time, all members of the jury were whites.

The trial lasted for 2 hours only and the sentence was dictated 10 minutes later.

The boy's parents were threatened and prevented from being present in the court room, and subsequently expelled from that city.

Before the execution George spent 81 days in prison without being able to see his parents, he was held in solitary 80 miles from his city, he was held alone without anybody to talk to.

He was electrocuted with 5380 VOLTS IN HIS HEAD, imagine all that amount of voltage in a teenager's head.

70 years later, in 2014, his innocence was finally proven by a judge in South Carolina. The boy was innocent, someone set it up to blame him
So touchy
Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by reubenobi(m): 9:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
This is the second time I'm seeing this story.the first time I saw it I ended up crying and even now this story still got me tearyeyed.

The worst part is that over 50 years now we are still under the clutches of the white man lipsrsealed lipsrsealed sad cry cry
True
Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by bayodele73(m): 9:57pm On Sep 19, 2019
This is really terrible, had to read up the story on Wikipedia and I can tell You, it's a terrible way to die.

1 Like

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by luvyaself95(m): 10:15pm On Sep 19, 2019
Alexaonfleek:

Hi alexa it been a long time
How have you been ?
Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by luvyaself95(m): 10:18pm On Sep 19, 2019
Without clean evidence they just kill innocent soul just like that this is very bad embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by nicepoker101(m): 10:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
We better join hands and strap Buhari to such a chair. grin

4 Likes

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by Sofistcatdmoron: 10:56pm On Sep 19, 2019
thunder fire the oyibo that killed this.boy
Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by dagabkins(m): 11:02pm On Sep 19, 2019
He Was The Youngest Person Put To Death In The Electric Chair – Then His Conviction Was Overturned. ... 14 year old George Stinney Jr. was forced into a confession by local police, given a 2 hour trial, and quickly sent to death row. ... The youngest person in the United States ever put to death on an electric chair

1 Like

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by Alexaonfleek: 11:35pm On Sep 19, 2019
luvyaself95:

Hi alexa it been a long time
How have you been ?

I'm fine.just God that has been keeping me going.
What about u
Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by bigpriik: 12:01am On Sep 20, 2019
one reason I don't blame yahoo boys karma is real

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by luvyaself95(m): 12:25am On Sep 20, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
I'm fine.just God that has been keeping me going. What about u
Am doing good here. but where have you been ?
Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by anonymuz(m): 1:53am On Sep 20, 2019
bayodele73:
This is really terrible, had to read up the story on Wikipedia and I can tell You, it's a terrible way to die.
i just did same. Very terrible. We blacks are own problems
Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by Igetmyown247: 2:04am On Sep 20, 2019
That’s not the boy in the picture, that scene is from a movie.

1 Like

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by Perufy(m): 2:45am On Sep 20, 2019
staledddd...runaway from here...stop disturbing us with ur remembrance
Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by ruggedtimi(m): 3:18am On Sep 20, 2019
Reminds me of the movie ''12 angry men''
Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by Nobody: 5:18am On Sep 20, 2019
Reasons I will forever hate whites
Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by Baller93(m): 5:39am On Sep 20, 2019
Speechless...
Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 20, 2019
Emmett Till
A 14 years old was also lynched in mississippi 1955 , acused of flirting with a white woman.
Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by NwaliE01: 5:53am On Sep 20, 2019
No be today dey begin dey do us and today, na we dey do ourselves pass.
Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by Anigreat: 6:23am On Sep 20, 2019
shocked

One of the saddest story i have read so far was that of stinney. Just because of his skin color he was accused for what he knew nothing about. On the day of execution Stinney had no one to looked up to, the parents ran for fear of being arrested, he had only his bible with him. What I'm happy is, even though many years had gone, his innocence was later proved, credit to George Frierson, who took it upon himself to reopened the case.

Stinney died a hero , while his accusers died a loser. Continue to rest on dear stinney George, your story is such a sad one, that even a strongest heart will cry when reading it. I hardly love but to you stinney, i love you.

4 Likes

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by legwa10(m): 8:45am On Sep 20, 2019
the truth can never be buried
Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by DMPaulSr: 9:01am On Sep 20, 2019
George stinney

Re: Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. by DMPaulSr: 9:02am On Sep 20, 2019
DMPaulSr:
George stinney

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lol Why Do Women Think Thier Education Degree Attracts A Man? / South Sudan Is Blessed / Can A Guy Love Two Women At The Same Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.