Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin (24655 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin by maxicollins: 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
seyibrown:

[b]1 Corinthians 7:4 (King James Version)

4The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

The Woman has the same authority to over what her husband does with his body as the the man has over her. If he requires that she should keep herself from other men; she can require him to keep himself from other women.
Sleeping with another woman apart from your spouse is you committing adultery against her and breaking the covenant of marriageĀ  that you made. The man is supposed to love his wife as Christ loved the church which is to the extent that he laid his lfie down. A man who loves his wife will not consider another woman(concubine or 'new unlawful wife') at all. Adultery is not a woman only sin. It applies to both men and women and stems from uncontentment with what you already have and lust. A man who truly loves his wife will lay his life down rather than betray her(expose her to life-long rivalry and STDs).[/b]

I think we both need the mind of God and not the mind of Men influencing our lives. All religions are founded upon solid reason -but when the reason is not explained, the religion loses its authenticity and becomes mere belief, dogma, or tradition, easily
contradicted, forgotten, or abandoned.
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin by locuu40: 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
Emade: marrying more than one wife a sin.if yes were is it writing in de bible.god help us.

my brother wether is written or not,
i don't support man to marry more than one wife, cos the children is the ones that sufferes
it at last, the children of both women can never love themselves,
they will only pretend to love each other
it did not work well for racheal and lear, sarah, and her maid etc, so i beg is not adviceable
Re: Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin by tpiander: 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... / 10 Things That Happen Every Christmas Day / Enoch Adeboye Pictured With Ban Ki-moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.