Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin (1252 Views)

Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) / How To Prepare Homemade Ewa Agonyin (Pictures) / Ewa Agoyin Stew: How To Prepare Nigerian Ewa Agoyin Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by amamkingchimex: 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2019
Forgive the fact that i dont know the english name for ewa agoyin but it is a style of cooking beans which is eaten mostly in the western part of nigeria. I always enjoyed it while in lagos, especially with bread but i cant enjoy it anymore due to my current location. I would like anyone who has the recipe to ewa agoyin to kindly share it with me.
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by amamkingchimex: 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2019
Thank you all, i have gotten answers.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by Mutemenot(m): 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2019
U should be asking for deliverance from ewa agoyin wink
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by delishpot: 8:49pm On Sep 24, 2019
If you don't find it here, use Google
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by mamajj17(f): 8:54pm On Sep 24, 2019
My dear check it out on YouTube.
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by amamkingchimex: 2:58am On Sep 25, 2019
Thank you all, i have gotten my answers from a previous thread which i didnt see while searching for answers in the food section.
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by amamkingchimex: 3:07am On Sep 25, 2019
Mutemenot:
U should be asking for deliverance from ewa agoyin wink
my love for ewa agoyin is like romeo and juliet but i cant get it anywhere here in the east.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by amamkingchimex: 11:02pm On Sep 27, 2019
delishpot:
If you don't find it here, use Google
i cooked it and it purged me o. Do u have an idea why it is so.
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by amamkingchimex: 11:04pm On Sep 27, 2019
mamajj17:
My dear check it out on YouTube.
the one i cooked purged me, I think i didnt do it right.
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by mamajj17(f): 11:25pm On Sep 27, 2019
amamkingchimex:

grin grin grin grin am so sorry dear, Practice makes Perfect! You might do it right again wink
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by delishpot: 11:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
amamkingchimex:
i cooked it and it purged me o. Do u have an idea why it is so.

What ingredients did you use? Does beans purge you naturally? Did you add akaun?
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by Mariangeles(f): 12:27am On Sep 28, 2019
amamkingchimex:
Forgive the fact that i dont know the english name for ewa agoyin but it is a style of cooking beans which is eaten mostly in the western part of nigeria. I always enjoyed it while in lagos, especially with bread but i cant enjoy it anymore due to my current location. I would like anyone who has the recipe to ewa agoyin to kindly share it with me.

Use my recipe : https://www.nairaland.com/5147525/food-diary#77766407
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by Mariangeles(f): 12:42am On Sep 28, 2019
amamkingchimex:
The best method :

To avoid purging from eating beans, what you do after picking your beans is to wash it about 2times, then you pour boiling water over your beans in a bowl, stir it with a cooking spoon and let it sit for like 20-25 mins, sieve out the dirty water, wash one last time, then cook .

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by amamkingchimex: 9:13am On Sep 28, 2019
delishpot:

What ingredients did you use? Does beans purge you naturally? Did you add akaun?
beans has never purged me. I used onions(a lot) red peppers, red oil and seasoning cubes with oil.
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by amamkingchimex: 9:14am On Sep 28, 2019
delishpot:

i didnt add akaun.
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by amamkingchimex: 9:15am On Sep 28, 2019
mamajj17:

grin grin grin grin am so sorry dear, Practice makes Perfect! You might do it right again wink
yea

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by amamkingchimex: 9:21am On Sep 28, 2019
Mariangeles:

Use my recipe : https://www.nairaland.com/5147525/food-diary#77766407
after going through your recipe, i think the reason i was purged is because i used white beans (patasco) instead of the honey beans and i cooked it till it was overdone.
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by Mariangeles(f): 9:29am On Sep 28, 2019
amamkingchimex:
after going through your recipe, i think the reason i was purged is because i used white beans (patasco) instead of the honey beans and i cooked it till it was overdone.
In cooking ewa agoyin, there's no such thing as "overdone"
The softer it is, the better...
Just follow my method of washing your beans before cooking...let's see how it goes
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by delishpot: 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2019
amamkingchimex:
beans has never purged me. I used onions(a lot) red peppers, red oil and seasoning cubes with oil.

Maybe the beans or 1 of the ingredients used was preserved with some kind of chemical which did not sit well with your system. Try presoaking the beans. I always soak my beans overnight before cooking.
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by Mariangeles(f): 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2019
delishpot:

Maybe the beans or 1 of the ingredients used was preserved with some kind of chemical which did not sit well with your system. Try presoaking the beans. I always soak my beans overnight before cooking.
Soaking beans overnight takes the sweetness out of the beans .
The beans becomes over soaked with water and does not soften .
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by delishpot: 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2019
Mariangeles:

Soaking beans overnight takes the sweetness out of the beans .
The beans becomes over soaked with water and does not soften .

Really? Wow, so I should just soak for a few mins then? I mostly doo moinmoin with mine. No wonder my beans no free done the last time oooo grin. Thank you
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by Mariangeles(f): 2:21pm On Sep 28, 2019
delishpot:

Really? Wow, so I should just soak for a few mins then? I mostly doo moinmoin with mine. No wonder my beans no free done the last time oooo grin. Thank you
30mins max is enough.
Plus, your beans cooks faster without the need to add potash and you save gas .
You're welcome smiley
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by delishpot: 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2019
Mariangeles:

30mins max is enough.
Plus, your beans cooks faster without the need to add potash and you save gas .
You're welcome smiley

Thank you. Omo that beans ehn, I cooked it for 2 days. The more I cook the harder it became grin it was a one off thing so I thought it must be the beans cos all along I never experienced such.
Re: Can Someone Help Me With The Recipe Of Ewa Agoyin by Mariangeles(f): 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2019
delishpot:

Thank you. Omo that beans ehn, I cooked it for 2 days. The more I cook the harder it became grin it was a one off thing so I thought it must be the beans cos all along I never experienced such.
Well, now you know. smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Alien Miss Road.. If You’re Home Alone And You See This Animal, Don’t Run. / Oat And Apples / Help Me, Nairalanders. It Is Urgent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.