Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,420 members, 7,846,756 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

How Can I Find Love As A Disabled - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Find Love As A Disabled (23032 Views)

Dwarfs, Disabled: Wedding Photos Of People That Have Proven That Love Is Real / Jade Slavin To Find Love Because Of Her Height (photos) / My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by midnighter(f): 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
madgoat:

Then how do you type on nairaland or handle a fone to read msgs here? Just curious

I was wondering too, paraplegic means he only has an issue with his legs

Quadriplegic means arms and legs

So his case is much better

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by Opexzy: 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
Don't worry about finding love... Wait till love finds you.. Just be good to people and more importantly yourself, be happy and try not to exhibit inferiority in any form, finally, make money if your disabilities permits that...

MODIFIED

There is no disability that impedes greatness.. What can be worse than being deaf, dumb and blind at the same time... Helen Keller was one... But she eventually turned out to be one of the most respected lawyer and human rights activists in the US... You need to watch the movie, the miracle worker about this woman...

Indeed disabilities is truly of the mind and not of the body...

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by lyriclekidd(m): 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
emmyid:

They have arrive. Must you comment?

Go and ask your grandmother

Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by freeman1010: 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
Bless family �
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by thesmallgod(m): 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tantaliteweb2:
mine started when I was just 5years old . It was caused by polio . It only affected my Left leg and I am using wheelchair. But I can still use clutches
I've seen a guy during my Msc program. The same disability as urs. He's a computer scientist and a very versatile data scientist. He works for the school. He's happily married. Anytime I see him alighting from his Toyota Camry 2008, he's always assisted by his wife who always get the wheelchair from the boot of the car.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by Dpharisee: 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
You hardly see Igbo disabled begging (no tribalism meant), because they are hustlers and their families and friends don't even treat them as disable. They are always proud and full of themselves, they acquire degrees, learn trades and get good at it as shoe makers, tailors, shop owners etc

Go to major markets you will see them hustling hard in one trade or other and they have wives and kids. Their relations set them up in business, trade or employment and sometimes help them to find wives.
Disability is a thing of the mind, the only disabled person in Igboland is a poor person who can't take care of himself.

Relax, your woman will find you, just be cheerful, kind and Godly.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by qaulyns27: 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
Just be patient. You will meet the one that will love u.
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by Obodo999(m): 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
EmmBim:
There is a woman for every man and a man for every woman. If you are not paralyzed under there and you have source of income,you will surely find a good woman that would love and cherish you

From your answer, the 'good woman' will only give her Love when there are sex and money on offer. undecided
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by omomummy13: 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2019
I'm so sorry about your condition but TRUST me, you need to develop a skill and make a living off it.

Shoe making
Graphic design
Web development
Writing
Blogging
Motivational speaking etc.

That is a major factor that'll attract the opposite sex to you. They're not rejecting your offer because you're disabled, I'm sure their thought will centre around sustainability. Like, how is he going to maintain a family.

It's real, I mean responsibilities. Even if a lady will suffer with you, nobody wants to have the confirmation from the start. That's not attractive, it's not fair either.

Please forgive me, no offence intended.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by samyyoung1(m): 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
victorian:
Make money be rich and you will have a wife.

Even able bodied men are yet to find a wife, because they possibly do not have any source of income or they are broke and seriously single.

I know of a friend's friend who is disabled, as in. He doesn't walk. He's being moved around by an electronic wheel chair.
My friend just got back from UK, we hung out and he said babe! I want to introduce someone to you. You will be shocked when u see the guy and please control yourself when we get there o, pls. I replied ok. So we drove down to this stranger's place. The gate of this stranger was huge, fine and black.
A security guard opened the gate for us as my friend horned.
He drove in, staring at me was a massive white huge building . We parked, we sha entered the house and a guy greeted my friend warmly and said Boss is coming, we should have our seats.
We sat down I was admiring the decor and house. I shook my guy? Whats strange about this place? I don't understand.
He replied just chill.
Then lo and behold, a man with tiny polio legs, seated on an electric wheel chair drove into the sitting room, with three men walking by his sides holding files and all. My guy stood up went to greet the guy. Me sef greeted him. I was looking at this man in fascination.
The guys standing by him were speaking igbo. So I knew he's an igbo man.
Then later someone walked in briskly saying madam has just arrived from the airport. The disabled man mumbled OK.
We were still waiting for him o
Then few minutes his wife breezed in.
A tall fair beautiful thick shaped igbo lady. She was all smiles holding her bag while some men were carrying her luggage upstairs.
She walked to him, kissed his lips and they were speaking in igbo. She greeted us and went upstairs.
My friend said u see that disabled man, he's fucvking rich!
He owns alot of shops in Lagos, aba and onitsha.
He has 5kids and they are all schooling abroad. That's his wife. She went to see the kids in their boarding schools abroad and she's back. All these men u see walking around him, giving him files are his managers managing the shops.
Shey u see what money can do?

Then I saw two men bringing in brief cases, they opened show him and he kept them by his side.

My friend even said, there is a business deal he wants to discuss with the disabled guy that's why we are here. His friend in UK assured him, he will be a perfect business partner for such deal he has in mind.

I was like wow! shocked

Mehn the memory of that man stuck into my brain like forever.

So op make money o! And having a wife will be past tense. You go even have children join. Just make your money and leave comfortably. That's all.

U av said it all....an sure aki n pawpaw never dreamt of the life they r living now....just be good in a skill as low as show making n watch girls fall for u like parks of card

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by DEBJOCH1(m): 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
IF SHATA BANTLE COULD HAVE MANY NUISANCE LADIES DANGLING AT HIS MONEY, BROTHER NOTHING DO YOU, JUST HUSTLE HARDER, MAKE THE MONEY YOU WILL SEE THEM RUSHING AFTER YOU LIKE WHERE BEES ARE RUSHING AFTER HONEY CONE.
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by victorian(f): 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2019
samyyoung1:

U av said it all....an sure aki n pawpaw never dreamt of the life they r living now....just be good in a skill as low as show making n watch girls fall for u like parks of card

Exactly!

That's just life o!
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by nwamabo247(m): 7:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
nanaman:

Paraplegics can make use their of upper limbs 100%. Only tetraplegic and quadriplegic find it difficult to make use of their lower limbs to full capacity.
you are right my own was tetraplegic i can type well with phone but can't with laptop or pc
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by freeze22(m): 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
I understand what you're going through bro. I also have the same condition as yours. It hasn't been an easy journey. But I never had a reason to give up hope. I'm a graduate, unfortunately I couldn't secure a job and so I became my own boss. Income is not much now but I'm working on it. One of the best part of my story is this amazing lady I met some time ago. To cut the long story short, we're planning on getting married sometime in the first quarter of next year.

It's not always about having all the money in the world, it's more about being who you are. I don't know if you're a Christian but I always draw inspiration from this verse Jeremiah 32:27 “Look, I am the LORD, the God who rules over all flesh. Is anything too difficult for me?”

If it worked for me, then I believe it can work for you too. Stay blessed.

14 Likes

Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by grandstar(m): 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tantaliteweb2:
Dear Nairalanders,
I am tired of being single as a disabled. I have all it takes to take care of a girlfriend but know is accepting my proposal. I am 25years I am tired of being single .

You're still young my guy but loneliness is killing you. Your advantage is that you're male unlike females who have very little chance of ever marrying.

To date, you'll simply have to work twice or 10 times as hard as others. As long as you're ready to do so, you'll get someone.

You did not state the degree of your disability. It plays a big part. I suspect you're crippled but to what extent? I know you're not blind grin
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by extremelygolden: 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tantaliteweb2:
Dear Nairalanders,
I am tired of being single as a disabled. I have all it takes to take care of a girlfriend but know is accepting my proposal. I am 25years I am tired of being single .

I know of two siblings, a male and a female in the same situation as you are, who are happily married with children.

That of the female sibling was so bad that everyone feels for her, but she was very active in the Church and was always wearing a cheerful look.

A brother saw how devoted she was in Church activities and insisted he will marry her. Today, they are just everything you will desire in a marriage.

The male sibling is doing well with his family too.
So keep your hope up, love will definitely find you.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by Obanyi30(m): 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
nanaman:

What's your form of disability.? I'm paraplegic and also married.
. I am also a paraplegic. Please how can I talk to you privately?
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by Opexzy: 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
correctguy0900:
President Roosevelt of America also suffered polio on wheelchair. He was to become the first American president to have 3 terms in office. The fourth term, he died. The constitution was continuously amended because of him, and re-amended back to 2 terms after him.

Look well, more are disabled out there than u think. Really disability is of the mind not body my friend.

However, i am currently developing an App that will address some of your concerns.

Blessed.

Wow... You are a software developer...?
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by lizdammy: 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
Your own will soon come. Don't give up.
Pray and trust God.
Don't be tired.
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by xrenzy(m): 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2019
Disability is all in your head you've gat to love your self first thats the greatest love ever, what you experiencing is normal i have alot of able friends whom i give girls to, ask about me ? girls wanna get married everyday to this pure disable guy, and all my disable friends? some are married and some have girlfriends, point is life will always accept you the way you present yourself take it from one physically challenge person to another you can be whatever you want to be be and be
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by nanaman(m): 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2019
Obanyi30:
. I am also a paraplegic. Please how can I talk to you privately?
tunjioui@gmail.com
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
Obodo999:

From your answer, the 'good woman' will only give her Love when there are sex and money on offer. undecided
I said source of income not until he becomes a millionaire
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by nanaman(m): 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
nwamabo247:
you are right my own was tetraplegic i can type well with phone but can't with laptop or pc

Awesome
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tantaliteweb2:
Dear Nairalanders,
Look for a wife when you are ready to get married.
Don't look for a girlfriend.
Ask five ladies (casual friends) that you have built close relationships with that you want them to be your wife and i believe you will have Yes from one or two if not all of them.
Note before asking the question you must be sending them(the casual friends) motivational and inspirational quotes every morning and evening via sms or their social media handles and also call them at least once in three days to ask what's going on? for at least four months.
They might even begin to ask you why didn't you call them for the past two days but never get angry when you see any of them with another guy(he might also be a fisherman"LOOKING FOR A WIFE" like you).Never show them that you can't live without them if they end the relationship.
Always be happy around them if they ask you how do you feel about your condition? Tell them God knows best.
You will also need to offer them gifts like recharge card,slippers,clothes or any gift that you can afford occasionaly (once a month will do until you propose).
Note: Some able bodied youths get no from five out of five ladies they propose to so don't think it is about money or looks.
Lastly,always ask God to give you a good wife not just a wife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by enshi(m): 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
skukimania:

But the op is a male oh and you are another male.

Ooh dear , I wasnt referring to the op ..
My DM request is for general
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by Obanyi30(m): 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
nanaman:
tunjioui@gmail.com
. Thank you.
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by skukimania(f): 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
enshi:

Ooh dear , I wasnt referring to the op ..
My DM request is for general

Oh, ok.
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by DEBJOCH1(m): 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
Love4God:

Look for a wife when you are ready to get married.
Don't look for a girlfriend.
Ask five ladies (casual friends) that you have built close relationships with that you want them to be your wife and i believe you will have Yes from one or two if not all of them.
Note before asking the question you must be sending them(the casual friends) motivational and inspirational quotes every morning and evening via sms or their social media handles and also call them at least once in three days to ask what's going on? for at least four months.
They might even begin to ask you why didn't you call them for the past two days but never get angry when you see any of them with another guy(he might also be a fisherman"LOOKING FOR A WIFE" like you).Never show them that you can't live without them if they end the relationship.
Always be happy around them if they ask you how do you feel about your condition? Tell them God knows best.
You will also need to offer them gifts like recharge card,slippers,clothes or any gift that you can afford occasionaly (once a month will do until you propose).
Note: Some able bodied youth get no from five out of five ladies they propose to so don't think it is about money or looks.
Lastly,always ask God to give you a good wife not just a wife.
. TECHNICAL ADVISER CLEMENT WESTEHORF, WHAT IF HE PROPOSE TO THE WHOLE FIVE AND ALL IF THEM ACCEPT TO HIS PROPOSAL AT THE SAME TIME.
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by DJBIGGY(m): 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tantaliteweb2:
Dear Nairalanders,

I'm disabled like you man and it's only God that knows how many ladies I've dated (planning to settle down sha). You can get any lady you want.... Always show women how independent you are without having to be needy of attention and emotionally blackmailing them cos you are disabled. Watch them want to do anything you want. Women day dream about disabled when they see a disabled man with so much confidence and doesn't see his condition as something that weighs him down

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by seguntijan(m): 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2019
Am also disable, I can't afford 3 square meals. Been disabled is a thing of the mind
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2019
DEBJOCH1:
. TECHNICAL ADVISER CLEMENT WESTEHORF, WHAT IF HE PROPOSE TO THE WHOLE FIVE AND ALL IF THEM ACCEPT TO HIS PROPOSAL AT THE SAME TIME.
Let the OP answer the question.
Re: How Can I Find Love As A Disabled by ojay72(m): 8:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tantaliteweb2:
Dear Nairalanders,

The first step is to STOP ADDRESSING YOURSELF AS A DISABLED. that word alone, lowers your self esteem.

Secondly, focus on making money and create the dream environment and lifestyle you desire....

Trust me... Na you go de run from women afterwards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Does Not Use My Pictures On Social Media. Help With Opinion! / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: The Sisterhood / Is He Testing Me Or Is He Simply Not Interested?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.