Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,294 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man (34870 Views)

Man And His Friend Bare Their Butts At Ex's House Because She Broke Up With Him / There Is A Girl That Am Dating We Started Dating 3 Months Ago(Help) / My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Carrywent: 10:29pm On Dec 22, 2018
cryHello dear Nairalanders, please I need your help.
I created this monica account just to hear your advices.
There is this Guy I am dating, he is a disabled but not that serious. He uses wheelchair but hardworking. We both studied in the same secondary School. We were Besties, we latter turned lovers. He is an idealist, he is also independent. Before you ask his occupation. He was an author and letter turned musical producer. Like i said he is independent. He relocated to Lagos after he finished studying music production and established his own studio in Lagos.
I love him so much. He also promised to marry me and which I have also agreed to. But we are waiting after my graduation then we keep off the marriage. The problem here is my parents those not agree in our relationship. And they are seriously fighting it. Please I need your advice cry cry cry

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2018
Pele, for our side, them go say the guy don knack you confirm otumokpor...which might be true...but sometimes it's just true love. I congratulate u

Ur parents love u..they don't want u to have a husband that will be a burden to u....push around, help to bath, help up the stairs....etc.i hope u are ready for the stress. Brace urself..I know what I'm saying.

However, u can let ur mum know that, a woman can marry a complete abled bodied man, and accident can make him disabled....one would shaa not divorce such a man....yinka ayefele for example
Let them know u love the guy scatter..with prayers and time....they might support...
.if not....babe.another man dey.....don't go against Ur parents because of man u jam for street

229 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Larryfest(m): 10:48pm On Dec 22, 2018
The guy above me made sense no be small, reason with your people so they can give you their support and if they don't look else where cause if you go against them and it later backfires you will be OYO.....

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by dauddy97(m): 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2018
Truely,love is blind. since you love him and you wish to marry him. Careful explain to your parents and tell them the reason (s) you want him as your partner. Above all, listen to your parents. remember,what your parents are seeing ahead. Even if you carry ladder, you can't see it. Good luck in your relationship. The OP is the real bae

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by CreepyBlackpool: 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2018
your life
your choices.

If you love him then go on with the marraige.
Fvck what your parents think.

Sha don't go crying to them when your husband can't fvck you well or when you get tired of pushing him around

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by IamD18: 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2018
I'm afraid you'll have to choose between your parents and the guy.

But remember; LOVE is not enough in a marriage. Common sense is important.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 22, 2018
sad

Have you prayed about this matter? If yes, what is your conviction about the man?

Your parents mean well but that can't be the final opinion.

I believe that a superior reason to marry him or not should win.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by MissRaine69(f): 3:36am On Dec 23, 2018
So the young lady in question made it clear that he is independent. He got to this stage of his life without this lady physically assisting him so why would she start bathing and carrying him around? What makes you think he cannot climb stairs?
The bottom line is as a society we are biased against people with disabilities. We assume some external forces are at play, it’s contagious and disabled people should not enjoy life as we do for one reason or the other. That is just ignorance at play.
To conclude it is your life, there is no guarantee that marrying an able bodied man will yield better results.
It might take a bit of time to convince your parents but persevere with this.
Society in general needs to look at disabled people the way you look at this man. View them as people not just focus on the wheelchair as some comments seem to be doing here.

134 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by MissRaine69(f): 3:37am On Dec 23, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:
your life
your choices.

If you love him then go on with the marraige.
Fvck what your parents think.

Sha don't go crying to them when your husband can't fvck you well or when you get tired of pushing him around
Who was pushing him around before she met him? Who?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Carrywent: 6:32am On Dec 23, 2018
MissRaine69:
So the young lays in question made it clear that he is independent. He got to this stage of his life without this lady physically assisting him so why would she start bathing and carrying him around? What makes you think he cannot climb stairs?
The bottom line is as a society we are biased against people with a disabilities. We assume some external forces are at play, it’s contagious and disabled people should not enjoy life as we do for one reason or the other. That is just ignorance at play.
To conclude it is your life, there is no guarantee that marrying an able bodied man will yield better results.
It might take a bit of time to convince your parents but persevere with this.
Society in general needs to look at disabled people the way you do with this man. View them as people not just focus on the wheelchair as some comments seem to be doing here.
Thank you so much God bless you

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 23, 2018
1StopRudeness:
Pele, for our side, them go say the guy don knack you confirm otumokpor...which might be true...but sometimes it's just true love. I congratulate u

Ur parents love u..they don't want u to have a husband that will be a burden to u....push around, help to bath, help up the stairs....etc.i hope u are ready for the stress. Brace urself..I know what I'm saying.

However, u can let ur mum know that, a woman can marry a complete abled bodied man, and accident can make him disabled....one would shaa not divorce such a man....yinka ayefele for example
Let them know u love the guy scatter..with prayers and time....they might support...
.if not....babe.another man dey.....don't go against Ur parents because of man u jam for street
U have Done well.
Good One

1 Like

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by ednut1(m): 7:38am On Dec 23, 2018
Carry belle and tell ur parents when ur 4 months gone grin
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Michelle55: 9:09am On Dec 23, 2018
Being disabled doesn't make him less of a man/human. Apply wisdom when dealing with your parents, I can't fault them because they want the best for you. Just remember that love isn't enough to keep a marriage, since you both love each other and you are really sure that you can tarry on with him no matter what life throws at you then work on making your parents see the positive side of the whole thing. You both can visit your parents and plead. Don't forget to seek the face of God.
Trust me, if you both are really meant to be, you will definitely be!

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Ikpongiton: 9:20am On Dec 23, 2018
chai ! i know the reason oo ! disabled people are very good in bed.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Carrywent: 9:45am On Dec 23, 2018
Mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Carrywent: 9:47am On Dec 23, 2018
Michelle55:
Being disabled doesn't make him less of a man/human. Apply wisdom when dealing with your parents, I can't fault them because they want the best for you. Just remember that love isn't enough to keep a marriage, since you both love each other and you are really sure that you can tarry on with him no matter what life throws at you then work on making your parents see the positive side of the whole thing. You both can visit your parents and plead. Don't forget to seek the face of God.
Trust me, if you both are really meant to be, you will definitely be!
Thank you so much
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Carrywent: 9:47am On Dec 23, 2018
Ikpongiton:
chai ! i know the reason oo ! disabled people are very good in bed.
Lol you are funny cheesy grin cheesy
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Carrywent: 9:48am On Dec 23, 2018
ednut1:
Carry belle and tell ur parents when ur 4 months gone grin
Lol grin cheesy but I am still a student
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Carrywent: 9:48am On Dec 23, 2018
1StopRudeness:

Thank you so much. But I don't push him, I don't bath him and I don't help him upstairs either. He is not that kind disable. He is independent like I said

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Highesschief1: 11:57am On Dec 23, 2018
I think a lot of people above me have given you good advises already... Love is all that matters

But just out of curiosity... Una Don do am? How una take dey do am? Which style una do? Is he good down there? I am just asking because that department is very important in marriage...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Les: 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
Carrywent:

Thank you so much. But I don't push him, I don't bath him and I don't help him upstairs either. He is not that kind disable. He is independent like I said
can you explain the disability?
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Carrywent: 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2018
Les:
can you explain the disability?
Nothing much he is on wheelchair but he is extremely independent. He does all activities by himself including washing, cleaning, cooking, he travels around all day and he leaves alone in Lagos
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Apination(m): 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
Point of correction, he has a disability not, he's disabled. It's the wrong and outdated impression about people with disabilities that your parents are still working with, make them understand through concrete methods of his ability to cater for you in the future first. And then enlighten them on the need to have an objective view to life, not paying attention to stupid people whom I guess they feel will make jests at them undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Kenekingisback: 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2018
Maybe right...

Because this government's policy is not supportive of the disabled. You can not do the job of government grin
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by infogenius(m): 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2018
Op.
Congratulations as u have someone who wants to marry you and vice versa.
Between now and ur graduation, engage faithfully in prayers. Prayer is the key.
Between now and then, God shall settle u with the best answer to this issue.
All the best.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Passionate888: 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2018
You create new MONICA account? Why not try Rita or Daniella or even Edith?

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by JoseVanMoyes: 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
just get pregnant, that's all
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by bettercreature(m): 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
Carrywent:

Nothing much he is on wheelchair but he is extremely independent. He does all activities by himself including washing, cleaning, cooking, he travels around all day and he leaves alone in Lagos
Just be very careful because you are about to make a life time decision.I am not in a position to advice you but wont allow my daughter to marry a person with disability(its impossible).It sounds cruel but that is my choice
USE YOUR BRAIN BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

1 Like

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Dpharisee: 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
The problem with us is sentiments, it guides most of our daily activities. We claim to be one Nigeria but when your child comes home with another tribe you recall all the bad things they say about them.
We think about what society would say, that our daughter is marrying a disabled man, not the future happiness of the child, not taking time to study the love between them if it's real and pray for God's blessings upon them.

Just take the priest, Imam or Pastor of the religious group that they belong to go speak to them on your behalf since they may not listen to elders because we are stupidly over religious but lack faith. angry

8 Likes

Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
Lies
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by abrashmick(m): 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
Carrywent:
cryHello dear Nairalanders, please I need your help.
I created this monica account just to hear your advices.
There is this Guy I am dating, he is a disabled but not that serious. He uses wheelchair but hardworking. We both studied in the same secondary School. We were Besties, we latter turned lovers. He is an idealist, he is also independent. Before you ask his occupation. He was an author and letter turned musical producer. Like i said he is independent. He relocated to Lagos after he finished studying music production and established his own studio in Lagos.
I love him so much. He also promised to marry me and which I have also agreed to. But we are waiting after my graduation then we keep off the marriage. The problem here is my parents those not agree in our relationship. And they are seriously fighting it. Please I need your advice cry cry cry
Re: My Parents Chased Me Out Of The House Because I Am Dating A Disabled Man by Chirosa: 3:51pm On Dec 23, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Say "i Love You" In Edo Language? / 8 Mistake Ladies And Guys Make When They Meet Each Other Online. / Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.