Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:40 AM

Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! (2130 Views)

Extremely Graphic Photo Of The Suicide Bomber Of October 2 Abuja Explosion / Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal / Abuja Explosion: Charles Okah Slumps In Court ! (2) (3) (4)

Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by wales(m): 6:19am On Nov 03, 2010
The State Security Service has raised objection to a suit by the Director-General of the Ibrahim Babadamosi Babangida Presidential Campaign Organistation, Chief Raymond Dokpesi before a Federal High Court in Abuja, saying the action was frivolous.

Dokpesi had filed the action to enforce his right and demanded N100m damages.

In a preliminary objection filed by the lawyer to the SSS, Dr. Alex Iziyon (SAN) the service claimed that Dokpesi was invited for questioning over the bomb blasts in Abuja on October 1 on the premise of some text messages which established a nexus between him and some persons suspected of complicity in the dastardly act.

Izinyon contended that since the SSS was statutorily empowered to invite any person for questioning on matters bordering on national security, Dokpesi’s action amounted to inviting the court into breaching the powers and compromising the duties of the Service.

He said, “The issue in this case which led to the invitation of the applicant by the first respondent relates to bomb blasts where several innocent Nigerians lost their lives. It has to do with state security which the first respondent is legally empowered to investigate.

“Edmond Ebiware, a suspect arrested in connection with the said bomb blasts during investigation admitted meeting the applicant (Dokpesi) some days before the said bomb blast and also further admitted receiving the sum of N4m from the applicant.

“Pursuant to its constitutionally guaranteed powers of investigation, the first respondent invited the applicant for questioning following the aforesaid statements made by Edmond Ebiware.

In the process of his investigation, the applicant was granted bail and requested to show up for further investigation.”

He therefore argued that the action brought by Dokpesi, seeking “a declaration that his arrest, detention, harassment and undue questioning is on a poor footing and therefore cannot be granted in law.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201011034213548
Re: Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by wales(m): 6:19am On Nov 03, 2010
But Dokpesi why rushing to court if your hands are clean? Again SSS why did you release him when you would have requested the court to grant more time to you? Something is not right somewhere, period. We are talking about innocent Nigerians dat died and not a child’s play. I pray that our God in heaven will fish out the people dat committed this crime and punish them in his own, in Jesus name, Amen!
Re: Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by onyengbu1(m): 10:55am On Nov 03, 2010
I tot the suit was frivolous too.
Re: Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by fstranger: 1:30pm On Nov 03, 2010
onye_ngbu:

I tot the suit was frivolous too.

It does not matter what you think!
Re: Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by icare1: 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2010
what does it mean a suit is friviolous?

i think SSS was itself frivolous in its action towards dokpesi.

he was not sue to court but remained a suspect, the only legal option he has is for him to go to court and clear his name, by doing what SSS did not do, now sss has the right to tender their investigation before the court why he is a suspect, a person can only be a suspect on reasonable believe, not believe based on malice, so SSS the floor for you, proove your case against dokpesi. period.
Re: Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by Nsiman(m): 3:46pm On Nov 03, 2010
@ i care, what are u trying to tell us, if someone is slidely name by a suspect to the law enforcement agents the mentioned shld not be invited for clarity?
Re: Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by donmexy1: 6:37pm On Nov 03, 2010
what tha hell is wrong wit dokpesi?is he too big to be questioned?the fool is even asking for 100mn. for what?
@i care, u go school at all?didnt u read the reasons why he was invited?atulu hausa
Re: Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by violent(m): 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2010
This sounds to me, more of a power tussle and an inflated ego at work. . .Dokpesi is seriously affected with the wealthy man syndrome that makes its victims bleat a consistent "do you know who i am". . .Mr Raymond should know that the SSS has a constitutionally protected right to invite individuals on issues relating to National security
Re: Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by TORDOO(m): 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2010
Sss shd be bold enough to tell the court why dekposi was arrested and later release,without charging him to court,it is not only sss that has the constitutional right,dekposi too has his own right
Re: Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by violent(m): 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2010
TORDOO:

Sss shd be bold enough to tell the court why dekposi was arrested and later release,without charging him to court,it is not only sss that has the constitutional right,dekposi too has his own right

he wasn't arrested, he was invited cheesy
Re: Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by tunde121oke: 8:09pm On Nov 03, 2010
why dokpesi
Re: Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by goggs(m): 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2010
why not?
Re: Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by andyanders: 11:25am On Nov 04, 2010
DOKPESI HAS QUESTIONS TO ANSWER. HIS GOING TO COURT, IS JUST A WAY OF TRYING TO PLAY POLITICS WITH THE SYSTEM. HE KNOWS HE IS INVOLVED. IF A SUSPECT ESTABLISHED TEXT MSG EXHANGE WITH HIM, THEN WHY ALLOW DOKPESI TO ROAM ABOUT? GET HIM LOCKED UP AND PROSECUTE HIM IF THEY GOT EVIDENCES OR PROOF TO ESTABLSH THAT HE IS INVOLVED.
Re: Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by k9ine(m): 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2010
Pls let me ask

Why is the SSS proseciting the case, can't th NPF try the case.
Moreso, if you have reasons to suspect spmeone, get CONCRETE EVIDENCE to nail him for good.

Mere confession by another person is not enough reason that will hold water in court.

I wonder if our security forces don't have trained persons in prosecution to advice them, seems to me they are acting with emotions. Emotions don't win court cases but evidences do.
Re: Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by TippyTop(m): 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2010
He got what he deserved, jare.
Re: Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! by lordvamon(m): 4:58pm On Nov 08, 2010
foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
, grin! grin1

S-south Deserves Apology For The Insult — Hon Arigbe Osula / Removal Of Immunity Clause / Prophecy For Nigeria 2013 By Apostle Suleiman....