Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take (1497 Views)

A Gown Made Of Broken Mirrors: Behold Billionaire Oil Heiress Ivy Getty Weds In / Between Kiss Condoms And Gold Circle Which Is Better (photos) / Nina Ivy Vs Miracle Ikechukwu: Why Do Ladies Like Playing Victim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 29, 2019
Hi guys. Been busy with my admission but here it is. kiss kiss kiss

The issue of marriage; my take.
The essence of this post is to tackle the prevailing issue of marriage as there as been a significant number of threads created this address this subject.
Whether I like it or not, my primary purpose as a female is to be a wife and a mother. It is the fixed ideology the a woman's priority should be starting a family; that means finding a man and conceiving. Preferring success in terms of realizing my ambitions is deemed inappropriate.
There's no denying that any married woman can pursue her career, education etc, but the reality of things is that in the society we found nd ourselves, by tying the knot of holy matrimony a woman most often forfeits herself to raise a family.
Ours is a traditionally rich country and in each of our numerous and diverse cultures, it is generally agreed that a woman's duties in the home are domestically based while a man takes care of the finances. But we bear witness to series of developments that gradually sheds away this mentality and while normal change quickly over time, a longer period is needed for people that adjust. Less than two centuries ago, the idea of a woman working as any man was plausible. Even though that initial barrier, that prevented an entire gender from being who she wants to be has been broken down, the concept of women having equal rights as men is globally recent, most especially in Africa. So it's no surprise that majority of men born two-three generations ago prefer full time house wives to a working class lady. And I hat older woman born during that time would generally agree that the ideal wife/mother, is a stay at home woman.
The second reason any woman would devote herself so sacrificially to her family is plain love, majority of which is maternal. And as much as a mother appreciates her responsibilities, it does affect her sense of 'self' as I here is this other individual she now places above her.
For several reasons, marriage alters a woman's life (whether for good or not). The problem though that stems out of this is that it is now so highly regarded as a necessity. True happiness is found within one's self so while marriage is a source of bliss, it should not be, because it is not, the sole reason.
Nowadays, the pressure a woman faces to get married is heart breaking. Love is part of the foundation on which a stable marriage is built, but rather it's now a fustrating affair that's do or die. A woman is her thirties is ostracized by society for not finding a compactible mates with whom to share her life.
Marriage is now forced. Directly, like those prearranged by certain families for social status, monetary gains ect. Indirectly in the sense the women who don't want themselves married at an early age, single mothers, feminist (an advocate of women Empowerment/Rights), are stigmatized by the society.
Single mothers are generally branded as irresponsible and wayward, regardless of story. Whether she was a rape victim, made a poor choice inlove (a runaway Beau) or a separation from an abusive partner to save herself and children.
Feminist, women who believe in being financially self sufficient, are criticised and attacked using the same, old line, "You won't get married, and you'll die unhappy." Personally I find two things wrong with that statement.
First of all, what has being an activist got to do with love? Feminism doesn't do away with romance.
Secondly, marriage doesn't guarantee happiness. The gracefulness behind aging is looking back with satisfaction. Marriage should be regarded as an extension of a woman's life not the reason she lives. And women who find it difficult to settle down shouldn't be labeled and given names but understood and encouraged. The same goes for those who simply feel they ought to be prepared first. And those ladies who don't consider themselves the "marriage type". Who would rather spend their lives travelling round the world, being business tycoons or just a multivational speaker as she feels more content inspiring others than building a home. As abnormal as they may seem to you, they are individuals who have FREE WILL. They shouldn't have it drummed in their ears that they need to we'd to fit in. We are all different and the sooner we each realize this, the better it would be. That's the logic behind civilization.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by emeijeh(m): 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
Ivy!
You talking marriage now?
Are you not too young for this ?!

1 Like

Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2019
emeijeh:
Ivy!
Hi dear. I had over 50 mentions, I saw yours. wink Don't mind me.
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
emeijeh:
Ivy!
You talking marriage now?
Are you not too young for this ?!
grin I took up a task to broadcast for women.
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by emeijeh(m): 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
Blackivy29:
Hi dear. I had over 50 mentions, I saw yours. wink Don't mind me.
Hhmmm blacky la hot!
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Funmmyastic: 9:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
Nice one babe.
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2019
emeijeh:
Hhmmm blacky la hot!
grin
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2019
Funmmyastic:
Nice one babe.
tanks.
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by SyberKate(f): 9:42pm On Sep 29, 2019
I thank God for the feminist movement which has given women a voice like never before...
Women are now capable of doing things they want to do that our mothers could only dream of, but however I don't like the way some women like to use this movement as an opportunity to hate on men or want to be better than men.

God never made a mistake by creating women differently. He did it because women just have a special role to play in the society. But some women use this movement to compare themselves to or be better than men which I feel is women acting out their insecurities.

Women should try to be more like Apple, you see Apple they don't look over their shoulder to know what other manufacturers are doing, they just do what they can do to the best of their ability to better serve their customers. Women should try to focus on being the best at what makes them unique from men and not try to be better or compare themselves to men

2 Likes

Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 29, 2019
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 29, 2019
Syberkate
kiss exactly. Both genders arent the same so this war between both sex is ridiculous. We were created differently to compliment eachother.
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 29, 2019
angry
You guys said i couldnt create the circle thread. Now no one want to drop any comment, right?
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by AstroG: 10:36pm On Sep 29, 2019
Blackivy29:
Iamplato
Rekhina
Martinez39
Bigmic111
Lillyval
Syberkate
AstroG
Chenzen
Amaratasha
Funmisticqueen
Baller93
Strike back
Lonelypacifist6
Nairalandposter
guest007
ericsmith
pussyhoe
omar09

So you called my attention because of this "TRASH undecided??". Whether you marry,dont marry,too young to marry or old enough to marry is "NONE OF MY BUSINESS". The last time ah checked,you were still fighting to gain admission. Please ah will still say this Again "AH DON'T MINGLE WITH KIDS"

STAY OFF MY MONIKER,OR MENTION ME.
Am not a PAEDOPHILE

LAST WARNING undecided undecided

Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2019
Blackivy29:
Iamplato
Rekhina
Martinez39
Bigmic111
Lillyval
Syberkate
AstroG
Chenzen
Amaratasha
Funmisticqueen
Baller93
Strike back
Lonelypacifist6
Nairalandposter
guest007
ericsmith
pussyhoe
omar09

e just dey do me like say make i buy u gelato wey u no go fit lick. you are on point n syberkate also nailed it. gud thinkin gud product smiley

1 Like

Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2019
Blackivy29:
Iamplato
Rekhina
Martinez39
Bigmic111
Lillyval
Syberkate
AstroG
Chenzen
Amaratasha
Funmisticqueen
Baller93
Strike back
Lonelypacifist6
Nairalandposter
guest007
ericsmith
pussyhoe
omar09

You're on the right path sweetie and all is well with you kiss

2 Likes

Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 29, 2019
AstroG:

So you called my attention because of this "TRASH undecided??". Whether you marry,dont marry,too young to marry or old enough to marry is "NONE OF MY BUSINESS". The last time ah checked,you were still fighting to gain admission. Please ah will still say this Again "AH DON'T MINGLE WITH KIDS"

STAY OFF MY MONIKER,OR MENTION ME.
Am not a PAEDOPHILE

LAST WARNING undecided undecided
shm. I've edited it out. I just wanted to see your immature post. Besides now you dont want to be pestered? Lol, i remeber how annoying you once were. Maturity does wonders. kiss
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2019
Guest007:

You're on the right path sweetie and all is well with you kiss
Thanks.
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by AstroG: 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2019
Blackivy29:
shm. I've edited it out. I just wanted to see your immature post. Besides now you dont want to be pestered? Lol, i remeber how annoying you once were. Maturity does wonders. kiss

You no reach my youngest sis undecided undecided

Goan play with your mates.

Just don't quote,mention or call my attention again cus what you will receive will be bigger than what MARIALAVINA RECEIVED

BE WARNED undecided undecided

GOODNIGHT
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2019
ericsmith:

e just dey do me like say make i buy u gelato wey u no go fit lick. you are on point n syberkate also nailed it. gud thinkin gud product smiley
thanks.
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2019
AstroG:

Just don't quote,mention or call my attention again cus what you will receive will be bigger than what MARIALAVINA RECEIVED

GOODNIGHT
shm.
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2019
AstroG:

GOODNIGHT
Dont derail my thread. Go and sleep.
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 29, 2019
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 29, 2019
this is a lovely article. Well constructed, and straight to the point. I agree with everything on the article.

Many men will call out your post or label it as trash but that is because deep down, they don't really want women to be their own person, but an extension of the man. part of adams's rib so to speak. It is just their fragile egos and insecurities talking so pay no mind to it.

Marriage never guaranteed happiness, and no one should be pressured, shamed or coerced to get married.

1 Like

Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 30, 2019
funmisticqueen:
this is a lovely article. Well constructed, and straight to the point. I agree with everything on the article.

Many men will call out your post or label it as trash but that is because deep down, they don't really want women to be their own person, but an extension of the man. part of adams's rib so to speak. It is just their fragile egos and insecurities talking so pay no mind to it.

Marriage never guaranteed happiness, and no one should be pressured, shamed or coerced to get married.
thanks.
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by IamPlato(m): 11:57am On Sep 30, 2019
Girls These Days No De Get Sense Again...

Why Cant Ladies Just Relax And Be Good, so A Man Can Find Her And Marry Her so She Can Relax And He Takes Care Of Her all The Days Of Her Life... But No Way, ladies Want Equality. You Think Being A Man Is Bread And Beans.

My Advice To Girls, be Loyal And Submissive to Your Man, let Me Take Care Of You All The Days Of your Life While You Relax At Home taking Care Of The Family And Praying for Him... This Is The Best Marriage That Works... The Woman Is At The Advantage; i Pray You See It

2 Likes

Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
AstroG:

GOODNIGHT

What did you guys do to my girl shocked

I noticed she deactivated undecided
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2019
IamPlato:
Girls These Days No De Get Sense Again...

Why Cant Ladies Just Relax And Be Good, so A Man Can Find Her And Marry Her so She Can Relax And He Takes Care Of Her all The Days Of Her Life... But No Way, ladies Want Equality. You Think Being A Man Is Bread And Beans.

My Advice To Girls, be Loyal And Submissive to Your Man, let Me Take Care Of You All The Days Of your Life While You Relax At Home taking Care Of The Family And Praying for Him... This Is The Best Marriage That Works... The Woman Is At The Advantage; i Pray You See It
there are women like that. Plent and there are the ones who want other things. What im stating is that such women shouldnt be attacked and such. Every one has equal rights. Blacks and white. Old and young. Healthy or sick.

2 Likes

Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by IamPlato(m): 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2019
Blackivy29:
there are women like that. Plent and there are the ones who want other things. What im stating is that such women shouldnt be attacked and such. Every one has equal rights. Blacks and white. Old and young. Healthy or sick.
what I Am Saying Is That, a Woman Can Have The Best Of Life Without her Wanting Equality With Men...

Wantin equality Is Like Choosing To Suffer and Sweat Like A Man. What's The Point When You Can Get a Man To Marry You One Day and Treat You Like A Queen without You Having To Go Through The Mental torture Of Life Struggles... But You Ladies Today Just Reason Upside Down, you Just Want To Suffer So You Can boast About Achievement that Are Mundane and Vain and In The End You End Up A House Wife, so Whats The Point Of All The Achievements. Mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2019
IamPlato:
what I Am Saying Is That, a Woman Can Have The Best Of Life Without her Wanting Equality With Men...

Wantin equality Is Like Choosing To Suffer and Sweat Like A Man. What's The Point When You Can Get a Man To Marry You One Day and Treat You Like A Queen without You Having To Go Through The Mental torture Of Life Struggles... But You Ladies Today Just Reason Upside Down, you Just Want To Suffer So You Can boast About Achievement that Are Mundane and Vain and In The End You End Up A House Wife, so Whats The Point Of All The Achievements. Mtcheeew
okay dear.
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by TerryMcGinis(m): 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2019
IamPlato:

you don talk am finish, EOD!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stripper Falls Naked From High Pole While Dancing & End-up In Hospital / Couple Marry Naked In Front Of 40 Naked Guests And A Naked Officiator / What Should Gbenga Do In This Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.