Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,283 members, 7,849,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:36 PM

The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take (1508 Views)

A Gown Made Of Broken Mirrors: Behold Billionaire Oil Heiress Ivy Getty Weds In / Between Kiss Condoms And Gold Circle Which Is Better (photos) / Nina Ivy Vs Miracle Ikechukwu: Why Do Ladies Like Playing Victim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Amatarasha(f): 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2019
Blackivy29 my name is Amatarasha nt Amaratasha
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2019
Amatarasha:
Blackivy29 my name is Amatarasha nt Amaratasha
noted
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Omar09(m): 10:17am On Oct 04, 2019
At least you are not out here calling out people and over using the word 'dear'. Gee makes me think I'm in one horror movie each time I hear the word 'dear' thanks to Sandra8.
Noice work. But still taking my redpills.

Blackivy29:
Hi guys. Been busy with my admission but here it is. kiss kiss kiss

The issue of marriage; my take.
The essence of this post is to tackle the prevailing issue of marriage as there as been a significant number of threads created this address this subject.
Whether I like it or not, my primary purpose as a female is to be a wife and a mother. It is the fixed ideology the a woman's priority should be starting a family; that means finding a man and conceiving. Preferring success in terms of realizing my ambitions is deemed inappropriate.
There's no denying that any married woman can pursue her career, education etc, but the reality of things is that in the society we found nd ourselves, by tying the knot of holy matrimony a woman most often forfeits herself to raise a family.
Ours is a traditionally rich country and in each of our numerous and diverse cultures, it is generally agreed that a woman's duties in the home are domestically based while a man takes care of the finances. But we bear witness to series of developments that gradually sheds away this mentality and while normal change quickly over time, a longer period is needed for people that adjust. Less than two centuries ago, the idea of a woman working as any man was plausible. Even though that initial barrier, that prevented an entire gender from being who she wants to be has been broken down, the concept of women having equal rights as men is globally recent, most especially in Africa. So it's no surprise that majority of men born two-three generations ago prefer full time house wives to a working class lady. And I hat older woman born during that time would generally agree that the ideal wife/mother, is a stay at home woman.
The second reason any woman would devote herself so sacrificially to her family is plain love, majority of which is maternal. And as much as a mother appreciates her responsibilities, it does affect her sense of 'self' as I here is this other individual she now places above her.
For several reasons, marriage alters a woman's life (whether for good or not). The problem though that stems out of this is that it is now so highly regarded as a necessity. True happiness is found within one's self so while marriage is a source of bliss, it should not be, because it is not, the sole reason.
Nowadays, the pressure a woman faces to get married is heart breaking. Love is part of the foundation on which a stable marriage is built, but rather it's now a fustrating affair that's do or die. A woman is her thirties is ostracized by society for not finding a compactible mates with whom to share her life.
Marriage is now forced. Directly, like those prearranged by certain families for social status, monetary gains ect. Indirectly in the sense the women who don't want themselves married at an early age, single mothers, feminist (an advocate of women Empowerment/Rights), are stigmatized by the society.
Single mothers are generally branded as irresponsible and wayward, regardless of story. Whether she was a rape victim, made a poor choice inlove (a runaway Beau) or a separation from an abusive partner to save herself and children.
Feminist, women who believe in being financially self sufficient, are criticised and attacked using the same, old line, "You won't get married, and you'll die unhappy." Personally I find two things wrong with that statement.
First of all, what has being an activist got to do with love? Feminism doesn't do away with romance.
Secondly, marriage doesn't guarantee happiness. The gracefulness behind aging is looking back with satisfaction. Marriage should be regarded as an extension of a woman's life not the reason she lives. And women who find it difficult to settle down shouldn't be labeled and given names but understood and encouraged. The same goes for those who simply feel they ought to be prepared first. And those ladies who don't consider themselves the "marriage type". Who would rather spend their lives travelling round the world, being business tycoons or just a multivational speaker as she feels more content inspiring others than building a home. As abnormal as they may seem to you, they are individuals who have FREE WILL. They shouldn't have it drummed in their ears that they need to we'd to fit in. We are all different and the sooner we each realize this, the better it would be. That's the logic behind civilization.
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 04, 2019
Omar09:
At least you are not out here calling out people and over using the word 'dear'. Gee makes me think I'm in one horror movie each time I hear the word 'dear' thanks to Sandra8.
Noice work. But still taking my redpills.

thanks. No problem. Im just typing that women should be allowed to explore other aspects of their lives with out being shamed. wink
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Alexaonfleek: 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2019
Very nice post
Blackivy I would like to see u in person one day .

Which school re u processing for admission
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 04, 2019
Blackivy29:
tanks.

Dude or babe? Cos I'm seeing an 'm' close to your moniker.
Great Post though.
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2019
Chi59:

Dude or babe? Cos I'm seeing an 'm' close to your moniker. Great Post though.
thanks. Im a girl. Dont mind the 'm'

1 Like

Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
Very nice post
Blackivy I would like to see u in person one day .

Which school re u processing for admission
thanks. I would like to meet you too.
Uniabuja. Working out my admission.
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Bravethetruth: 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2019
I admire you on here... At least the you have seen. you are wise and unbiased and definitely not bitter.

I'm a guy and I will tell you marriage is definitely for me because

1. I want loving children, and I wouldn't mind taking care of my kids alone, but they also need a mother. This doesn't mean I wouldn't work or chase a career, but my kids are my world one the reasons I'm living. And I don't know which man or woman would not want this

2. Family is everything... A thousand friends will betray you when the time is right, your family for the most part got your back. Yes, there are some friend that stick close like a family... But the key word here family. You fall, rise, love, quarrel together but blood is bond. I will pick a loving family over everything. I don't know which man or woman wouldn't want this

3. There is something called growing old, and during this period, a wife or husband that grew with you during the year is your best company and friend that is when your children have gone and started their own families

Hillary Clinton is a mother that took care of her home at the same time her career

Beyonce cherises are family and at the same time her career

Kim Kardashian, patience Jonathan, etc

This woman didn't turn their backs against family or their career for that matter. They knew the importand of family since the beginning of time and embraced it because family is your no 1 fan no matter your career achievements and exploits, even your exaltee feminist ngozi Adechie chimamamda is a happy family woman

The barrier holding women in society as long being shattered, even in communist China, women rise to the very top, the only barrier left for women is in their mind... Who the hell said career and family don't go together or that you can't find happiness in family. Pls.... Even Obama is a family fan

Whether you choose marriage or not is your problem... But family Trump's all other. Oprah Winfrey might look happy, she might even be happy... But biitch please... What is she getting at? Maybe is the money that is freaking her

Whatever you do blackivy29 please get a family that is your no 1 fan.. because you're such a sweet, unbiased girl and dont forget... On your quest to touch the sun, the people hailing you on wants to see whether you burn or fall or succeed, but your blood, your family wants you to succeed and not to fall or burn

As a guy with high ambitions, I will go for my ambitions with my family by my side and so should most of us

Family is everything, and may we be blessed with beautiful and caring families.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 04, 2019
@Bravethetruth, thank you so much. I appreciate you input on the matter. I cherish my family alot as they are the few people that would stand by me, high and low.
What prompted me to write, was because i have an aunt who's a nurse. She got married recently due to much pressure from the extended family. Now she comes to my mother, complaining about how much she wants out of the relationship. Even though my uncle inlaw is a nice person.

Everyone wants a partner who understands our dreams and helps us achieve it. Our moon on our dark days but if we are forced to choose any tom, dick and harry that comes our way because our obligation is marriage, we wont get that bliss that comes with being married. We would end up bitter and cold to the man that love us.

1 Like

Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Alexaonfleek: 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2019
Blackivy29:
thanks. I would like to meet you too.
Uniabuja. Working out my admission.
ah it's far from my school cry
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 04, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
ah it's far from my school cry
where dear. In another state?
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Alexaonfleek: 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2019
Blackivy29:
where dear. In another state?
yeah somewhere in the southsouth
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Bravethetruth: 9:42pm On Oct 04, 2019
@blackivy29 I mean I'm not trying to exploit any situations here but then you're young and wise, and I'll tell you when I was younger I was spontaneous and natural( no Bleep given... Foundation of redpillers you see!).. I like the idea but was not wise, now am still young but wise as a 100 year old man which am finding cumbersome at a so young age ... I think we could create a heaven on Earth for these redpillers and feminists to cherish for some generations... Cos in the end I will want more for my girl child and you for your boy child.... And you're a virgin that's a plus with wisdom and intelligence... I will like a couple out of you and me.... Not now tho

Cos I have a vision to conquer the world as no man in history as done( so help me mother luck and perhaps God).

Am talented in a variety of aspects and a need a true woman and it will take me 5 to 7 years to marry, am that young and I know you are too... Younger than me tho

If it sounds good we can be one. Am with fault and so are you and everybody else but then who isn't

Please be beautiful and sexy for the sake of our children cos I am ...

Am different and special so are you love...
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Magnoliaa(f): 4:03am On Oct 05, 2019
AstroG:

So you called my attention because of this "TRASH undecided??". Whether you marry,dont marry,too young to marry or old enough to marry is "NONE OF MY BUSINESS". The last time ah checked,you were still fighting to gain admission. Please ah will still say this Again "AH DON'T MINGLE WITH KIDS"

STAY OFF MY MONIKER,OR MENTION ME.
Am not a PAEDOPHILE

LAST WARNING undecided undecided

She's a teen and that makes her opinion worthless? That you can't even discuss?
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by Magnoliaa(f): 4:09am On Oct 05, 2019
Beautiful writeup.
Re: The Circle. The Issue Of Marriage; Ivy's Take by AstroG: 6:52am On Oct 05, 2019
Magnoliaa:

She's a teen and that makes her opinion worthless? That you can't even discuss?

Ah don't think discussing anything with her will yield any fruit in my life

(1) (2) (Reply)

IndecentStar Wants To Become A Sex Doll / I Heard Yoruba Call Igbo And Niger Delta Tribes / "I Can't Kill Myself Cos I Don't Have A Boyfriend" - Actress Genny Uzoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.