Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,772 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills (28885 Views)

This Lady Says She Prefers Being A Married Mans Mistress To Being A Wife[photos] / Indecisive About My Fiancée That Dated People I Know / I Sent N500k To My Fiancée To Open A Shop, She Used It To Settle Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Belafonte(m): 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
Homguy:
I really think you are only being used. Propose officially and she will turn you down.

Flesh and blood hath not revealed this to you. She might even accept just to milk him the more and then pull out of preparations due to one silly excuse which OP would have no choice but to reason with. Our brother is a maga and he has no one to tell him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Belafonte(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kapeter:
op, don't mind all the mumus saying you should leave her. They are prolly teens who doesn't know left from right yet. Some women just naturally love the feel of been taking care of, that might be her case, like they love the feeling that their man is taking care of them rather prolly something just to boast of. Buh if you you think you are not comfortable about this, i think you should talk to her about it since you two are already talking marriage so it won't affect your home later after marriage. Women should be a helper, remember? So talk to her about it and you can know what next to do from her response.

So, men are allergic to being taken care of? This is a hot load of hogwash. Anybody who listens to this will end in perdition.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by 2loadedguy: 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
Atimes I marvel at the height of stupidity displayed by some full grown men. U stated all that in your narrative and still sis not know that the babe is not a wife material? Wake up and smell the coffee she's not for u and she's using u, why are some women this wicked sef?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Nifer21(f): 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2019
That is not a healthy relationship bruh

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by tosyne2much(m): 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2019
No woman is perfect but there are core qualities a woman must possess

Selfishness and stinginess are those terrible traits of a woman. You do everything to please a woman with your own money while earns her own money and holds unto it tightly

The earlier people understand that marriage or relationship is supposed to be joint partnership, the better most relationships will be

The more successful a reasonable woman is, the more loyal and ethically sound she should become not the other way round. Only narrow minded women become toxic and ruthless after achieving little success.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Burgerlomo: 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2019
Korllami007:
Chai see how dem de use person head de play ping pong.

Confirm ATM cool

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Angelfrost(m): 1:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
pocohantas:

He should marry her. A man is the head of the home. He has to start learning how to be the head...not head of fish

You do realize you are making Nigerian feminists look bad with such sarcasm.
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Burgerlomo: 1:39pm On Sep 30, 2019
Helada:
Wait Oga.... Are you asking for permission to continue paying... Cos I am not understanding......

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by iPhoneRepairer: 1:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
oloriLFC:
No. Some women sha, not all
yes some tho rare

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Kapeter(m): 1:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
Belafonte:

So, men are allergic to being taken care of? This is a hot load of hogwash. Anybody who listens to this will end in perdition.
no matter what the world(most esecially feminists) says, it will always remain women to be taken care of by men while women help men. That's how God created the world. They are already talking marriage, that small thing shouldn't separate them. The op doesn't seem to have any other problem with his fiancee except that, so should that now tear them apart when they can easily talk it out? If the lady is deliberately doing that and not for her ego or any other meaningful reason then the op can dump her and find a replacement as it will seem she's only unsing op.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by iPhoneRepairer: 1:41pm On Sep 30, 2019
clems88:
they all have that mentality angry
You are absolutely right. Entitlement mentality

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by uckennety(m): 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hotzone:
I always respond to my fiancée financial demands even when most of them seems like extortion. She prefer I pay her bills both rent and utility though I try to wriggle my self out in rare occasions.

Condition of marriage: No sex before marriage, I abide completely because I want her. She attends her friends weekend activity than finding time for us to stay close even when she constantly reports about how her female friends accuse her of lesbianism but I pray she’s not.

She works and her wages and daily earnings is a little bit above mine. I have told her my marriage intention and she openly accepted without the usual marriage proposals but I am thinking to make it official.

I am still considering if she is suitable and can make a useful wife because I am about to make an official statement which is going to change my entire course in life.

Please, my fellow Nairalanders, I need constructive and supportive words. Blissful week to you!

is she from arochukwu

If yes

Pm me I'll tell you what to do
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by bigcee(m): 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2019
EastGold:

Swear sey women never use your head before!
No be you be this.
Lwkmd grin
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by eniorisha(m): 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
Nah this kind man family relations no go see im face for ground when they need money o. See him stupidly playing manly roles by paying gf's bills.

She's earning her own income for crying out loud. What's she doing with her income o? You shld know because she's your unofficial fiancée.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by wayodude(m): 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
All you have said is what you give to this woman.

What exactly does she bring to the table?

If nothing, I have to declare with all due respect you are a fool.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by efavour: 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
Ahmed0336:
What are you still doing in that relationship? OP kindly walk away she's an extortionist.

Where are these feminists on nairaland at angry
Well, sincebyou guys are talking marriage, I suggest you guys hash out financial part of the house first. Speak up now and hash it out so it won't come and scatter marriage after. Ask her what she thinks on husband and wife contribution at home considering that both works. Who gets what Bill's at home when you both are eventually married. Please these bills sharing is different from gifts you give to each other. You both must learn the act of supporting each other when one is down financially cos anyone can loose their job. She needs to lhave it at back of her mind before marriage begins oh. After sorting that, you can let her be till you put a ring on it , but before you do, don't go trying to impress her, do things you can out of love and not because you're obligated to take care of her. She is not your wife yet. Just show her that you love her with little things and not big big money.This is my own opinion oh.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Kapeter(m): 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
spiritedtete:

Are you married?... is this the best you can do to your brother?

Get wisdom ... somethings are better left unsaid.

To the OP.

You are cage with affection and glorifying "your-self ego"

My brother you are about to marry wrong... obviously from your write up, you are hardworking... you need a woman who will complement you. Not the one who will put you under pressure.

Don't not marry that lady... if you want to know what happiness and fulfillment is in marriage.

Some people are better as Just Girlfriend! Or even baby mama. Not as live in companion.
so because of little thing as this the op should dump thelady abi even though they have no other prob in a world filled with so many flawed ladies, hun?

He's getting tired ofthe habit, he's starting to reason it's unwise hence reason he needs advise, isn't it better to talk to her woman about it and that will promp his next step?

Yet you asking if i'm married, i don't know if you are either, buh i guess when your wife exhibit some certain habit you dislike, you'd just wake up one day, go to court and file for divorce without talking to her about it? Isn't it same that applies to someone you are planning to get married to?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Spain007(m): 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hotzone:
I always respond to my fiancée financial demands even when most of them seems like extortion. She prefer I pay her bills both rent and utility though I try to wriggle my self out in rare occasions.

Condition of marriage: No sex before marriage, I abide completely because I want her. She attends her friends weekend activity than finding time for us to stay close even when she constantly reports about how her female friends accuse her of lesbianism but I pray she’s not.

She works and her wages and daily earnings is a little bit above mine. I have told her my marriage intention and she openly accepted without the usual marriage proposals but I am thinking to make it official.

I am still considering if she is suitable and can make a useful wife because I am about to make an official statement which is going to change my entire course in life.

Please, my fellow Nairalanders, I need constructive and supportive words. Blissful week to you!

Ma Guy....
Ma old Man use to say....When dog carry bag comot.....the whole shit for bush go finish.
If you know,you know...
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by DavidTariq96(m): 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
LordKO:
@OP

Discard her and look elsewhere for a sane woman - actually, you've been a slave to your longings all this while, strive and conquer yourself. She's both egoistic and egotistic, her kind of woman is a perfect definition of toxicity, irrespective of her financial standing, and she'll remain a toxic woman even if you're to assume her and all her lineage financial responsibilities.

And don't allow anyone to gloat and guilt trip you into thinking that there're no financially emancipated women who're independent and submissive - that's, if you're bent on marrying only a woman who's financially emancipated. Submissiveness is a product of good attribute (sane moral and psychological health), something small-minded women can't possess or give - the same way small-minded men can't possess or give love. It doesn't depend on richness or poverty - it's a product of class that money can't buy, the ethical class.

In fact, the more successful a sane woman (or man) is, the more ethically sound she'll become - it's only a small-minded woman who will become contentious in particular and more toxic in general after achieving little success. The real success isn't loud and toxic, it's humble and invigorating.
abeg no kill us na Biko...
Na small tin him ask no b fight nah..pls have mercy ohh
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Belafonte(m): 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kapeter:
no matter what the world(most esecially feminists) says, it will always remain women to be taken care of by men while women help men. That's how God created the world. They are already talking marriage, that small thing shouldn't separate them. The op doesn't seem to have any other problem with his fiancee except that, so should that now tear them apart when they can easily talk it out? If the lady is deliberately doing that and not for her ego or any other meaningful reason then the op can dump her and find a replacement as it will seem she's only unsing op.

The OP specifically mentions she not making time for them, or maybe she’s even avoiding spending time with him.

She’s not f*cking him, not spending time with him, but she’s collecting his money, and she’s collecting it very regularly too. grin

Tell this nigga the truth, he’s nothing but a cash machine. grin

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Ikemefuna44: 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
No sex before marriage... Her friends suspect she's a lesbian.... She's prefers hanging out with her female friends rather than you...
Hmmm... Op, can't you read the hand writing on the wall? Your fiancee is a transgendered.
Don't say I did not warn you.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Depressed101: 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2019
Pls read ubunja miseducation... come back and create a testimony thread ,no need to thank me ,its free

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Dpharisee: 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2019
Guy run, I am currently passing through what you would face in future and its not funny.
The pressures I have have to go through as a husband with a selfish wife who wants me to pay all the bills while she decides how to spend her own.

When my resources dwindled at a point the pressure and stress became much and I wanted her to help out in many ways but she was already used to me paying the bills, in frustration we engaged in physical fights, quarrels, inlaws, friends, relations interventions etc. all to no avail. Even after having kids, nothing much has changed.
I learnt how to do things differently by planning for myself and the family, by having good savings from every additional money that comes in. I provide only her basic needs as a husband that is affordable without much stress and have stopped bordering about her own money.

If I will advise you from my direct experience run away and dont look back from that lady, it may be hard but you are the one to decide, love is blind but dont be blind to love, shine your eyes shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by noblealuu: 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
Esthered:
How can you engage an empowered woman with an entitlement mentality? She ought to be your partner and not impose her bills on you and if you weren't in her life, won't the rent be paid. Have you tried talking to her about it and how you're financially stressed? Does she truly work and earn as she claims? Some of us believe that his money is ours and mine is mine but when my baby needs support, I make sure he doesn't lose sleep before I render help as a woman was created as a help meet. If she poses other good qualities, raise your concern now and seek for improvement if she's willing to learn. If you go on without improvement, you'll age quickly, fall ill in your later years because you were bearing the burden of your woman, children and her family. This is why women outlive men sometimes. I'll like to grow old with my man. All the best in your decision making.

God bless you Esther! Your virtues will leap you far in life.
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
Op is already gone... finito! Nothing can/ will save u because ur not even ready to save urself undecided

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by frozen70(f): 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hotzone:

I want you to look deep into your spending in her bills despite that she is working and ask yourself

By the time you get married, will she be stingy and you run the home alone or you don't mind If she doesn't contribute

What actually does she do with her salary when she cant pay her bills

Anyway before you make it official

Stop paying those bills and other sundries let's see if the relationship worths it

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2019
Offpoint:
Keep paying her bills Mr. 'Bill Gates'

She earned more than you and you pay her bills... wonderfool

And she no dey even give am tidy o.

And doesn't spend time with him either.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by inspitation: 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2019
some one you call your fiancee should be able to support you and even if she dosent at least not put her bill on you. Let me be sincere with you this lady will not change even after marriage take my words except you can continue to foot all bills including herself and family while she uses her own to build her own house and get luxuries for herself only.

You can also speak to her about it and know her idea about shared responsibilities

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by spiritedtete: 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kapeter:
so because of little thing as this the op should dump thelady abi even though they have no other prob in a world filled with so many flawed ladies, hun?

He's getting tired ofthe habit, he's starting to reason it's unwise hence reason he needs advise, isn't it better to talk to her woman about it and that will promp his next step?

Yet you asking if i'm married, i don't know if you are either, buh i guess when your wife exhibit some certain habit you dislike, you'd just wake up one day, go to court and file for divorce without talking to her about it? Isn't it same that applies to someone you are planning to get married to?

Yes 7 years and counting... I cross all the T's and and dot the I's. Before i married. I had hand full of ladies to choose from aswell. I only married who i see fulfilling my dream with me as well as synchronising witb her dreams too.

In marriage finance is the number 1 problem. Not matter how wealthy you are you will still be at logger had over money issues.

Security is number 2... you will need to be sure if your partner is not selfish and not everything Just about him or her.

Fidelity is number 3.. as important as this could have been Number .1, but no human nature is more of Growth and security to personal development matters most in human nature. While some can actually manage a cheating partner. Hence reason for an open marriage.

There is a lot more i would have shared... however, before considering marriage there are characteristics you need to really consider or not consider atall.

Not to consider
1. Abuse

2. Lying

3. Selfishness. (This is where the op fall into and this is a Capital No.. there is a grief consequence with regret hiding in this)

4. Lack of vision.

Let me stop here.

For me this is a no forgiving character. The same lady op is dying for will do anything if she falls in love to another man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by bukatyne(f): 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hotzone:

Is she a traditional wife material?

i.e. believes a woman should handle all the domestics while the husband provides solely?

If yes, decide if that is the model you want and run with it.

If no, look for someone else.

There is a spec for everyone.
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by centboy123456(m): 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2019
Headlesschicken:
grin Run bro,I repeat Run, A wise man once told me that no woman is in love,they r all after something... Never tell a woman u want to wife her,no matter how wonderful she is, always keep her guessing... Buh u guys would never hear...Once Dem gv una small t0t0 una go begin misbehave...

I swear down brother d guy matta tried me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Not All Women Want Your Money… / Getting Married Even When You Are Broke / Open At Your Own Risk: THE SUPERNATURAL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.