Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,897 members, 7,844,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria (4893 Views)

He Changed The Currency In 1984; He Is Changing It Again In 2022 - Shehu Sani / FG Fumes As 3 Men Burn Nigerian Migrant Worker Alive In Tripoli (pics) / Ekweremadu: Old Men That Stoned, Dragged And Beat Ex Deputy Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by FiftyFifty(m): 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
selemempe:
why would I want to step foot in the north pass Abuja? So I will leave my sweet life in Enugu and go to Sokoto deserts...what for

No wonder. But Abuja too is North, if you don't know. "Sweet life in Enugu" indeed, tell that to the marines...

2 Likes

Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by Ozana77(m): 12:56pm On Oct 01, 2019
GetSugaMumndDad:
The hunger to have power In their hands made Nigeria what it is today,they knew the were incapable,not as wise or intelligent as their colonial masters,they didnt have intellect to run a country but still fought to have the control. look at denmark,france,spain,portugal and many more were british colonies they let their colonial masters improve their countries to the extent they wouldnt need their help again then fought for independence.THATs WISDOM

but no my country Nigeria was just too hungry for power and chased the colonial masters away even before they could do anything.

Who told you they chase them? They are still much around.
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by Fidelismaria: 1:42pm On Oct 01, 2019
These 3 men deserves to be shot

2 Likes

Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by immortalityk: 1:53pm On Oct 01, 2019
HiztoryBox:
Independence Of Nigeria In 1960

NIGERIA - OCTOBER 01: The Nigerian Prime Minister Abubakar Tafawa BALEWA, the leader of the Northern region Ahmadu BELLO and the Senate president and Governor General of Nigeria Nnamdi AZIKIWE (from left to right) during the celebration of Nigeria's independence, on October 1, 1960.

These Amazing Men Loved this country to their death...

Why is that our today's leader not doing so?

Check Out HOW NIGERIANS CELEBRATED HER INDEPENDENCE ON SATURDAY, 1ST OF OCTOBER, 1960 [WITH PICTURES] https://www.hiztorybox.com.ng/see-how-nigerians-celebrated-her-independence-on-saturday-1st-of-october-1960-with-pictures/

Read also:- 12 SONGS THAT TALKS ABOUT NIGERIA INDEPENDENCE https://www.hiztorybox.com.ng/12-songs-that-talks-about-nigeria-independence/

Read More Nigeria History on www.hiztorybox.com.ng
Please sir
What's your state of origin
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by sweetonugbu: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2019
FiftyFifty:

This tells a lot about you; one of which is that you have never set foot in the North. I regret wasting my time on you. Keep deceiving yourself.

Happy Independence once again.

you don't know anything,the population of the northerners in the East is alarming,not to mention the middlebelt.

1 Like

Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by meccuno: 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
FiftyFifty:

But he will continue to remain great and greater than any Ibo man/woman dead or alive.
if that is what they teach you guys in Almajiri school then I overestimated the dumbness of an average northerner. Even Ngozi Iweala is light years ahead of that terrorist called Bello. So in your low I.Q calling a jihad makes one great?

2 Likes

Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by meccuno: 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2019
selemempe:
lol...what's wrong with people today? Everywhere I look on nairaland today are poor students of history.
Please bro... before you mislead people here, just know that the bolded did not happen.
The guy made me do a hard reset. I was wondering at what point in history it happened. Some information can really confused someone grin
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by selemempe: 3:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
FiftyFifty:

No wonder. But Abuja too is North, if you don't know. "Sweet life in Enugu" indeed, tell that to the marines...

I have told that to the marines na...are you not a marine spirit undecided
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by FiftyFifty(m): 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2019
meccuno:
if that is what they teach you guys in Almajiri school then I overestimated the dumbness of an average northerner. Even Ngozi Iweala is light years ahead of that terrorist called Bello. So in your low I.Q calling a jihad makes one great?

Stop wallowing in a state of confusion like a headless chicken, Sardauna is greater than ANY IBO man/woman dead or alive. Kiss the truth young lad. NOI? That kleptomaniac who led Nigeria to recession? IQ my foot! Almajiri school has produced your leaders, yes your leaders, whether you like it or not and it will continue to do so. Ibos are the reason why Nigerians are despised everywhere around the world due to their criminal tendencies, prove me wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by FiftyFifty(m): 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2019
sweetonugbu:
you don't know anything,the population of the northerners in the East is alarming,not to mention the middle belt.

Here you are again shifting the post in the middle of the game. What brought that so-called Middle Belt? Why are Ibos always looking for who to lean on? It is either SS or MB since SW is a no go area.... lol. Kwantinu

2 Likes

Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
immortalityk:
Please sir What's your state of origin

You don't need to ask him, his state of origin.
He is a Yoruba man.
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by T9ksy(m): 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
adoboy04:
Igbo man will say Yoruba are traitors now U can see. Zik betrayed Awo to align with north and today Igbo would be crying fowl saying Yoruba is betrayal

That's their major trait- with a morals of an alley cat.

For the first time in the 59years of this contraption, some yorubas aligned with the north and ever since, these children of hate and mischief have been chanting "afonja slaves" like inebirated newts. Even when you remind them of how their father-the slimy Zik started the trend and even after the civil war wherein the north made mincemeat of their alleged "innocent ones" , among them, they still fell over themsrlves in their bid to lick another fulani's arse.

Even their late warlord who led them into such a shambolic war, having played on their emotions, ran off only to come back and lick the same northerners' a.r.se who pogromised his ibo people in thr biafra nay oil war.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by meccuno: 8:08pm On Oct 01, 2019
FiftyFifty:

Stop wallowing in a state of confusion like a headless chicken, Sardauna is greater than ANY IBO man/woman dead or alive. Kiss the truth young lad. NOI? That kleptomaniac who led Nigeria to recession? IQ my foot! Almajiri school has produced your leaders, yes your leaders, whether you like it or not and it will continue to do so. Ibos are the reason why Nigerians are despised everywhere around the world due to their criminal tendencies, prove me wrong.
because you produce people who rule doesn't make them leaders. You must be insane to even think that Bello would tie the lace of Ngozi. What were his achievement as premier of the northern region. Yes Almajiri have produces our rulers that is why we are in this mess. Bello might be a leader for illiterates like you but not for us. You are talking about being despised the greatest thieves to come out from Nigeria are from the North. And you dare talk about tarnishing your image. What stupid idiotic image does Nigeria have when and at what time? Name 5 of your best Northerners that have even made Nigeria proud you dvmb fvck. If the south is talking based on achievements you and your lots should better shvt the fvck up.

1 Like

Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by seunmsg(m): 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
At independence, the British handed over Nigeria to two out of the three men in the picture. Azikiwe as Governor-General and Tafawa Balewa as prime minister. The kind of leadership they provided from 1959-1966 laid the foundation for what the country has become today. We had great potentials at independence but they ruined everything with their incompetence, ethnocentrism, corruption and hatred for Awolowo.
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by FiftyFifty(m): 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2019
meccuno:
because you produce people who rule doesn't make them leaders. You must be insane to even think that Bello would tie the lace of Ngozi. What were his achievement as premier of the northern region. Yes Almajiri have produces our rulers that is why we are in this mess. Bello might be a leader for illiterates like you but not for us. You are talking about being despised the greatest thieves to come out from Nigeria are from the North. And you dare talk about tarnishing your image. What stupid idiotic image does Nigeria have when and at what time? Name 5 of your best Northerners that have even made Nigeria proud you dvmb fvck. If the south is talking based on achievements you and your lots should better shvt the fvck up.

Lol. It's pleasing seeing how this swaggering, incompetent brainless baboon keeps barking like a wounded dog. Do you know that Nigerians are now asked by security personnel abroad about their tribe? No thanks to the Ibos; the drug pushers, armed robbers, kidnappers, cultists, scammers, name it. There is a huge difference between South and South East, get this straight to your empty skull. Ibos aren't welcomed in Lagos so also Port Harcourt so which South are you talking about? You may be suffering from selective amnesia, I see. Sardauna is greater than any Ibo man/woman dead or alive, kiss the naked truth boy. I hate to see you citing NOI as a reference. In saner climes, that cantankerous kleptomaniac would have since been put behind the bar where she rightly belongs. When it comes to leadership, Ibos can't talk. Show me one leader in the history of Ibos; is it Azikiwe the unity beger or Ojukwu the boastful coward, who after all his gragra couldn't win even a Senatorial seat? Ibos are cursed, nothing good will come out of that God God-forsaken tribe.

What was Sardauna's achievements as premier of the North? This boy must be under the influence... I do not blame you. You're Ibo (I Before Others) after all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by meccuno: 11:41pm On Oct 01, 2019
FiftyFifty:

Lol. It's pleasing seeing how this swaggering, incompetent brainless baboon keeps barking like a wounded dog. Do you know that Nigerians are now asked by security personnel abroad about their tribe? No thanks to the Ibos; the drug pushers, armed robbers, kidnappers, cultists, scammers, name it. There is a huge difference between South and South East, get this straight to your empty skull. Ibos aren't welcomed in Lagos so also Port Harcourt so which South are you talking about? You may be suffering from selective amnesia, I see. Sardauna is greater than any Ibo man/woman dead or alive, kiss the naked truth boy. I hate to see you citing NOI as a reference. In saner climes, that cantankerous kleptomaniac would have since been put behind the bar where she rightly belongs. When it comes to leadership, Ibos can't talk. Show me one leader in the history of Ibos; is it Azikiwe the unity beger or Ojukwu the boastful coward, who after all his gragra couldn't win even a Senatorial seat? Ibos are cursed, nothing good will come out of that God God-forsaken tribe.

What was Sardauna's achievements as premier of the North? This boy must be under the influence... I do not blame you. You're Ibo (I Before Others) after all.
this slowpoke thinks the Igbos are his mates. What even gives you the belief that a region filled with irredeemable illiterates and peadophiles can match up to the Igbos? I don't blame you. If not for the British you probably would have ended up shining shoes or trekking with a cow from Kano to Lagos after having bouts of sex the cow. Is Abacha an Igbo man who looted the country dry the biggest thief in the history of Nigeria? Or is it Babangida who a coupist destroyed the foundation of this country with connivance with the IMF? Or is it shagari who an ordinary primary school teacher bereft of ideas as a president Chase ghanians away in the famous Ghana must go saga with umaru dikko one of the most corrupt criminals in that era? Brought back in a crate by mossad?Abdusalami who bought a watch of 25 million back then in 1999? The Northerners are lazy people who cannot earn a honest living without the support of government. How is fvcks sake are you comparing Igbos with your sorry Arse? Are you demented or intentionally stvpid what basis are we comparing an Igbo man with a Northerner? In sports you idiots have never achieved nothing. Academics what exactly have you done? Sciences what? Business what? I am proudly Igbo and I don't give a fvck what you think. You can make fun of my tribe saying all sorts but where the line is drawn when. You compare an massively uneducated North to the Igbos. Nnamdi Azikwe had his PHD in the 50s when your stvpid Bello was learning how to speak English. Ojukwu you berate went to Oxford and came back with a master's degree in history. Please who is ahmadu Bello?? The glory we have brought to this nation surpasses all that which you think is negative. Please respect those who are greater than you in every aspect. Never in your life compare a brain dead region to a region where an average uneducated trader in the east is by far more intelligent that all the emirs in the North combined. slowpoke

3 Likes

Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by ServantsOfTruth: 5:31am On Oct 02, 2019
FiftyFifty:

But he will continue to remain great and greater than any Ibo man/woman dead or alive.

Great in killing and stealing
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by ServantsOfTruth: 5:33am On Oct 02, 2019
selemempe:
lol...what's wrong with people today? Everywhere I look on nairaland today are poor students of history.
Please bro... before you mislead people here, just know that the bolded did not happen.

Tell me how is he's misleading people with his information?

Bro this guy is 100% right

Take it or you leave it
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by selemempe: 5:38am On Oct 02, 2019
ServantsOfTruth:

Take it or you leave it
I won't take it and I won't leave it.

Britain colonised France? How old are you first
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by Haywhysat: 5:38am On Oct 02, 2019
U are very ignorant.. Come to katsina and see ur Brothers doing all these menial jobs, u knw nothing...
selemempe:
every street in the east is littered with northerners selling kiosk or frying suya or begging
Or doing cattle herder
There are by FAR much more abokìs in the east than Igbos in the north. By at least 3 million more abokìs in the east. And for your info the reason Igbos in the north are thought to be more is because they are richer...an igboman can be the richest person in his neighbourhood in a northern state while the abokìs in the east are poor peasants
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by selemempe: 5:39am On Oct 02, 2019
ServantsOfTruth:

Take it or you leave it

Britain didn't colonise any European country please. The nearest they were to that was with Ireland and nothing else
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by selemempe: 5:40am On Oct 02, 2019
Haywhysat:
U are very ignorant.. Come to katsina and see ur Brothers doing all these menial jobs, u knw nothing...
like what? Video one of them and show me cos the chances of me coming to Katsina in this life is near to zero. What for? To be killed by terrorist?
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by Haywhysat: 5:42am On Oct 02, 2019
Well, am presently serving in katsina and i have seen many igbo people here, even more than yorubas... That's all. If u don't knw something, stop asserting, u haven't been to North self.
selemempe:
like what? Video one of them and show me cos the chances of me coming to Katsina in this life is near to zero. What for? To be killed by terrorist?
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by selemempe: 5:44am On Oct 02, 2019
Haywhysat:
Well, am presently serving in katsina and i have seen many igbo people here, even more than yorubas... That's all. If u don't knw something, stop asserting, u haven't been to North self.
compare the Igbos in Katsina with Hausa in my neighborhood in Enugu...almost every gate in my neighborhood is guarded by an abokìs and almost every beer parlour in our area has an abokì suya seller.
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by Haywhysat: 5:47am On Oct 02, 2019
Okay then, i can't say, i haven't been to Enugu state as well. And i wasn't even comparing the two, just saying there are sizeable number of igbos in North as well...
selemempe:
compare the Igbos in Katsina with Hausa in my neighborhood in Enugu...almost every gate in my neighborhood is guarded by an abokìs and almost every beer parlour in our area has an abokì suya seller.
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by selemempe: 5:51am On Oct 02, 2019
Haywhysat:
Okay then, i can't say, i haven't been to Enugu state as well. And i wasn't even comparing the two, just saying there are sizeable number of igbos in North as well...
of course Igbos are MTN..no doubt. But the idea that the north with the highest population in the country is not the highest economic migrants around the country but Igbos is a big lie told by yorubas
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by selemempe: 6:03am On Oct 02, 2019
seunmsg:
At independence, the British handed over Nigeria to two out of the three men in the picture. Azikiwe as Governor-General and Tafawa Balewa as prime minister. The kind of leadership they provided from 1959-1966 laid the foundation for what the country has become today. We had great potentials at independence but they ruined everything with their incompetence, ethnocentrism, corruption and hatred for Awolowo.
awolowo is the reason for the first coup...his constant fighting with his protege akintola heated up the polity so much he was involved in a fantom coup that landed him in federal prison. Every other region was doing their thing while the west was burning to the extent it was called the wild wild West.

Kaduna nzeogwu that led the coup was formally from Western region and was a strong awoist. His naivete in not realising that his revolutionary coup to foster awolowo on the country would blow back on him and that awolowo himself would deny him is the reason we are in this message today.

People say ifeajuna led the coup... ifeajuna was a pawn in the whole thing and he grossly over estimated his part
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by FiftyFifty(m): 8:55am On Oct 02, 2019
meccuno:
this slowpoke thinks the Igbos are his mates. What even gives you the belief that a region filled with irredeemable illiterates and peadophiles can match up to the Igbos? I don't blame you. If not for the British you probably would have ended up shining shoes or trekking with a cow from Kano to Lagos after having bouts of sex the cow. Is Abacha an Igbo man who looted the country dry the biggest thief in the history of Nigeria? Or is it Babangida who a coupist destroyed the foundation of this country with connivance with the IMF? Or is it shagari who an ordinary primary school teacher bereft of ideas as a president Chase ghanians away in the famous Ghana must go saga with umaru dikko one of the most corrupt criminals in that era? Brought back in a crate by mossad?Abdusalami who bought a watch of 25 million back then in 1999? The Northerners are lazy people who cannot earn a honest living without the support of government. How is fvcks sake are you comparing Igbos with your sorry Arse? Are you demented or intentionally stvpid what basis are we comparing an Igbo man with a Northerner? In sports you idiots have never achieved nothing. Academics what exactly have you done? Sciences what? Business what? I am proudly Igbo and I don't give a fvck what you think. You can make fun of my tribe saying all sorts but where the line is drawn when. You compare an massively uneducated North to the Igbos. Nnamdi Azikwe had his PHD in the 50s when your stvpid Bello was learning how to speak English. Ojukwu you berate went to Oxford and came back with a master's degree in history. Please who is ahmadu Bello?? The glory we have brought to this nation surpasses all that which you think is negative. Please respect those who are greater than you in every aspect. Never in your life compare a brain dead region to a region where an average uneducated trader in the east is by far more intelligent than all the emirs in the North combined. slowpoke

Nothing is as exciting as writing to arouse the anger of rancorous nonentity who ignorantly take his foolish self so highly. Is shoe shining or whatever you called it not better than drugs, 419, cultism, among others? You must be high on Aba weed to type that balderdash. Which glory did you bring to this nation? Have you ever set foot outside Nigeria and see how Nigerians are treated due to one good-for-nothing tribe? I know an Ibo man who changed his name to Jibrin, he spent want to be identified with his tribe. What a shame! Your ranting will not change the fact that Sardauna, Sir Ahmadu Bello is greater than any Ibo man/woman dead or alive. It's an abomination to even compare Sardauna to an Ibo man. You shamelessly brought "achievements" in support as if we all don't know how Ibos pay their ways to Super Eagles with no commiserate result. Keep wallowing in a state of confusion like a headless chicken that you and your folks are. The tribe on a dead sentence from Africa, Euarope, Asia and Americas is the one bragging shamelessly. Ibo -I Before Others- you people that can't go and "develop" your states for fear of village people are here ranting. Show me one Ibo leader accepted as such by the majority of Ibo people. Show me one, you slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by nijabazaar: 10:05am On Oct 02, 2019
izombie:
You mean those they destroyed nigeria by chasing the white man away.

The brits should have stayed put.

We had independence too early..
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by nijabazaar: 10:06am On Oct 02, 2019
HiztoryBox:
are you saying that colonial admistration is better for us?

Better....by 1000th percent

See what we have done for ourselves since!
Re: SEE 3 Men That Changed The History Of Nigeria by meccuno: 10:39am On Oct 02, 2019
FiftyFifty:

Nothing is as exciting as writing to arouse the anger of rancorous nonentity who ignorantly take his foolish self so highly. Is shoe shining or whatever you called it not better than drugs, 419, cultism, among others? You must be high on Aba weed to type that balderdash. Which glory did you bring to this nation? Have you ever set foot outside Nigeria and see how Nigerians are treated due to one good-for-nothing tribe? I know an Ibo man who changed his name to Jibrin, he spent want to be identified with his tribe. What a shame! Your ranting will not change the fact that Sardauna, Sir Ahmadu Bello is greater than any Ibo man/woman dead or alive. It's an abomination to even compare Sardauna to an Ibo man. You shamelessly brought "achievements" in support as if we all don't know how Ibos pay their ways to Super Eagles with no commiserate result. Keep wallowing in a state of confusion like a headless chicken that you and your folks are. The tribe on a dead sentence from Africa, Euarope, Asia and Americas is the one bragging shamelessly. Ibo -I Before Others- you people that can't go and "develop" your states for fear of village people are here ranting. Show me one Ibo leader accepted as such by the majority of Ibo people. Show me one, you slowpoke.
continue to ravel in your idiocy. why would i be angry with someone who is way beneath me. if a Yoruba man can talk about Awolowo i would give him maximum respect no matter the friction that exist between the Igbos and Yoruba's which is just supremacy battle. His achievement speaks volumes and is a great leader in his own rights. how you even summon the courage to even compare your sorry self to the Igbos is what amazes me. why would i be angry with someone who has everything cut out for him and pampered like an over grown buffoon. The average Northerner has it going very easy for them. You lots should have been the best ethnic group with the way the F.G gives you enormous subsidies on everything using federal character and quota system. but alas, who have chosen to be a burden on your selves and the entire country. Amuneke was African best did he pay for it? Kanu was Africa best did he pay for it? chioma Ajunwa won GOLD for Nigeria, did she pay for it? we cant develop our states because the F.G which your Almijiri brothers have occupied bereft of any iota of sense and exposure have decided that whatever development must come must either be in the SW or North. if you are familiar with the 1999 constitution you wold be aware that all projects handled are to be done exclusively by the federal Government. dude, there is no comparison between us. in a million years and with a thousand policies against us by your people we would always succeed and multiply. please and please again. we are not your mate. you might hold unto power which was even done for you by the British because they know you lack the intellectual capacity to do so. You can never be better than us in a free and fair country i can assure you that. insult and call Igbos names we will always be better than you. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anyone Noticed Sowore Has Stopped His Revolution Is Now Protest? / FG Defends Dangote Over Plan To Sell Fuel At International Price / Peter Obi's CNN Interview. Reno Omokri's Brutal Reaction.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.