Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos (4012 Views)

2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi / Pictures Of Charles Soludo And His Family / Prof Chukwuma Soludo And Family In New Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Kagarko(m): 9:39pm On Oct 01, 2019
Today at the Platform in Lagos

“...You don’t advice your principal in public or on the pages of newspapers..."

Charles Soludo.

"Building a nation is not about partisanship. All hands must be on deck when it comes to Nation Building"

Charles Soludo

"At least we have seen the blueprint of the FG and that of the APC in Elrufai panel, where is the PDP’s blueprint"

Charles Soludo

"We have no other country apart from Nigeria. That is the truth..."

Charles Soludo

"When I was named as member of the Economic Advisory Council, a friend called me, spoke in Igbo "leave their job for them", I asked why, he said "But there's no money there now, just a Committee.. That is how we reason in Nigeria......"

Charles Soludo

Part 2.
Today at the Platform in Lagos.

"Nigeria will soon collapse...."

Peter Obi

"Sell all seaports and airports to private investors. It doesn't make sense when FG builds or renovate them"

Peter Obi

"....Nigerians withdraw money paid into the account faster than any other country in the world...."

Peter Obi

"If you say there's no money, why can't you catch ALL those who steal our oil and get back d money? That's big money"

Peter Obi

"What U hear about Nigeria is poverty, poverty,poverty. In fact, in insecurity, we will be worse than Syria&Afghanistan"

Peter Obi

"They borrow, they said they are building rail, roads, bridges but we can't see any rail, roads or bridges anywhere"

Peter Obi
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Okoroawusa: 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
I don't have what to say... maybe the person below me does

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Vixlot: 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2019
The words have been spoken, any reasonable person can deduce and differentiate between the brilliant and the container economists

Next person

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by SLAP44: 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2019
Okoroawusa:
I don't have what to say... maybe the person below me does

Don't worry, we know how empty you are.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Okoroawusa: 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
SLAP44:

Don't worry, we know how empty you are.
Ikpu nne gi

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by IGBOSON1: 10:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
I enjoyed the programme!

Another quotable thing Soludo said....and i paraphrase: "you cannot build a 100 story skyscraper on the foundation of a bungalow!" Nigeria is talking of all these grandiose plans for economic development when they've not got the basics right first!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by spirul77: 10:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
one is defending his thieving master while the other is pained the current commander in thief is not his master. a tale of two thieves.

8 Likes

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by IGBOSON1: 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2019
spirul77:
one is defending his thieving master while the other is pained the current commander in thief is not his master. a tale of two thieves.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the programme then, if this is what you took away from the event.

5 Likes

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Cyberterror: 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
IGBOSON1:
I enjoyed the programme!

Another quotable thing Soludo said....and i paraphrase: "you cannot build a 100 story skyscraper on the foundation of a bungalow!" Nigeria is talking of all these grandiose plans for economic development when they've not got the basics right first!
Chukwuma Soludo is a first class brain. If Obasanjo had given him the free hand to run CBN then, Nigeria's economy would blossomed so much that we would have the largest middle class in Africa today. His policy of revaluing the naira was a masterstroke which Obasanjo stopped after receiving orders from IMF and World bank.

3 Likes

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by spirul77: 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2019
[quote author=IGBOSON1 post=82754582]

I'm guessing you didn't watch the programme then, if this is what you took away from the event.[don't be deceived by their rhetorics man!!! it's just all talk and talk as usual and nothing positive comes out of it thereafter. na today? no be naija again? ]
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Richdad50(m): 10:28pm On Oct 01, 2019
shocked

Just a look at what a professor of Economics, Charles Soludo have been turned into. An errand mouthpiece for APC and El rufai.

A Hausa man will never shade his own brother or friend in such manner. He will rather say someone told me to stay out of Buhari's government. Not for an Igbo man. He will ridicule his tribe anytime he finds himself on national stage.

Richdad

11 Likes

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by vastolord4(m): 10:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
Intelligent men! them both would make good leaders.. vote peter soludo
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by IGBOSON1: 10:41pm On Oct 01, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Just a look at what a professor of Economics, Charles Soludo have been turned into. An errand mouthpiece for APC and El rufai.

A Hausa man will never shade his own brother or friend in such manner. He will rather say someone told me to stay out of Buhari's government. Not for an Igbo man. He will ridicule his tribe anytime he finds himself on national stage.

Richdad

Well, i don't really see it that way! I think this issue of seeing gov't appointment as a means to feather ones nest and be nepotistic is a nationwide malaise...every ethnicity/region is guilty of it! I know Soludo to be a good advocate for the advancement of Igbo interests!

2 Likes

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by AyakaDunukofia: 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ironically, the economist was talking politics, the politician talking economics.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by MrFourSHIRTS: 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2019
AyakaDunukofia:
Ironically, the economist was talking politics, the politician talking economics.
you are very intelligent

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Sirjamo: 11:19pm On Oct 01, 2019
All I kept hearing from Obi was: China, China China, China..... as if his brains were on auto repeat!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Earthquake1: 11:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
Sirjamo:
All I kept hearing from Obi was: China, China China, China..... as if his brains were on auto repeat!

You are not brilliant to deduce anything, wait for Buhari's own you understand that one better

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
spirul77:

Until Edo state move away from village status then I will take you serious.

No wonder oshiomhole taunts the state like handbag.

2 Likes

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 01, 2019
Soludo dey whine himself based on Anambra 2021 APC governorship ticket...but finally he will learn from ngige..

He can lick butt as much.... .he end up limiting his political career..
Elective post will elude him till he get sense... Even ifeanyi ubah is now a senator....

9 Likes

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Sirjamo: 11:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
Earthquake1:

You are not brilliant to deduce anything, wait for Buhari's own you understand that one better
Gerrraut
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Earthquake1: 11:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
Sirjamo:
Gerrraut

It is 'Get out'

I didn't expect coherence from a zombie though

10 Likes

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Earthquake1: 11:34pm On Oct 01, 2019
bonnylight003:
Soludo dey whine himself based on Anambra 2021 APC governorship ticket...but finally he will learn from ngige..

Elective post will elude him till he get sense... Even ifeanyi ubah is now a senator....

He's washing his dirty linen

He will hear it by 2021

8 Likes

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 01, 2019
Earthquake1:

He's washing his dirty linen

He will hear it by 2021

O nwebedi ihe ofuu.. uche ya ga di ya very soon.

3 Likes

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by SoNature(m): 4:03am On Oct 02, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad

That's the problem I have with many people who call themselves Igbo politicains.

They are just sellouts...

I was disappointed when I read that "he spoke in Igbo"....it was unnecessary

Something is wrong with the crop of politicains from the east....they lack the courage that we Igbos are known for.

10 Likes

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Nobody: 4:07am On Oct 02, 2019
bonnylight003:

That guy fall hand honestly.

He is banking on the presidency and the incumbent as the guy is already one foot in apc.

Politics makes strong men weak and weak men strong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Exc2000: 4:27am On Oct 02, 2019
cool

difference between a patriotic optimist and a greedy alarmist perssimist

UAE and Saudi Government manages Airports and other Businesses successfuly, why must PDP insist on selling our seaport and airport (stratrgic point of entry) just as they sold off NEPA to their friends and Generator Imports there by making us pay for blackouts while Gencos sell of power to other serious countries beside us

3 Likes

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 02, 2019
AyakaDunukofia:
Ka Chineke mezie okwu. I don't have anything else to add to what you've just said. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by tuborme: 5:36am On Oct 02, 2019
AyakaDunukofia:

Well said
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by ProfessorHank: 6:00am On Oct 02, 2019
spirul77:

Spirul77 you're simply amazing.

It will take most people their life time to figure that out.

2 Likes

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by modik(m): 6:07am On Oct 02, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Ikpu nne gi

You just confirmed that you are truly empty

What has his mother's Virginia got to do with his comment?
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by spirul77: 6:27am On Oct 02, 2019
[quote author=Osagyefo98 post=82756482]

Until Edo state move away from village status then I will take you serious.

No wonder oshiomhole taunts the state like handbag.[so it pains you this much I called your lord and Savior what he is, a thief!!!,I pity you sha ]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heavy Shooting Going On In Orlu Between The Army And Boko Haram - Kemi Olunloyo / Muslims Protest In Abuja In Support Of Palestine,burns Israel Flag / Jimi Agbaje And Bode George Rubbished In Lagos-island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.