Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos (4026 Views)

2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi / Pictures Of Charles Soludo And His Family / Prof Chukwuma Soludo And Family In New Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by NkitaAla: 6:27am On Oct 02, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:
cool

difference between an optimist and a greedy alarmist perssimist

UAE and Saudi Government manages Airports and other Businesses successfuly, why must PDP insist on selling our seaport and airport (stratrgic point of entry) just as they sold off NEPA to their friends and Generator Imports there by making us pay for blackouts while Gencos sell of power to other serious countries beside us
[/s]
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 02, 2019
[quote author=spirul77 post=82759241][/quote]

Move your state from village status and then others will take you serious.

Witches can't be flying everywhere and you expect the state to move forward...No.

Village is a village , that's why oshiomhole pockets the state.
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by spirul77: 6:49am On Oct 02, 2019
[quote author=Osagyefo98 post=82759403]

I won't stoop so low to your level by dragging your state into this but hey kid, the earlier you know whatever these two men say is based on their personal and political interest the better for you, be busy famzing politicians while they starch away your future and that of your kids, ewu gambia
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by NonFarmPayrol: 6:53am On Oct 02, 2019
Exc2000:
cool

difference between an optimist and a greedy alarmist perssimist

UAE and Saudi Government manages Airports and other Businesses successfuly, why must PDP insist on selling our seaport and airport (stratrgic point of entry) just as they sold off NEPA to their friends and Generator Imports there by making us pay for blackouts while Gencos sell of power to other serious countries beside us
Tell me the truth

If you multi billion dollar businesses would you allow the Nigerian government to manage them?
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by NonFarmPayrol: 6:54am On Oct 02, 2019
AyakaDunukofia:
Ironically, the economist was talking politics, the politician talking economics.

I will give Obi any biz to manage before soludo
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Okoroawusa: 7:01am On Oct 02, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Just a look at what a professor of Economics, Charles Soludo have been turned into. An errand mouthpiece for APC and El rufai.

A Hausa man will never shade his own brother or friend in such manner. He will rather say someone told me to stay out of Buhari's government. Not for an Igbo man. He will ridicule his tribe anytime he finds himself on national stage.

Richdad
Riddle Riddle Riddle but doesn't proffer solutions?

Oga he is an economic expert not an opposition leader

1 Like

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by ORIENTATION101: 7:05am On Oct 02, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Just a look at what a professor of Economics, Charles Soludo have been turned into. An errand mouthpiece for APC and El rufai.

A Hausa man will never shade his own brother or friend in such manner. He will rather say someone told me to stay out of Buhari's government. Not for an Igbo man. He will ridicule his tribe anytime he finds himself on national stage.

Richdad
you are an ethnic bigot,you points re always skewed along ethnic lines. El rufai and sheu sani have been shading each other with savage words what do u call that?
Alot of notable Northerner's have condemned their tribe for lagging behind in terms of education and economic growth.but u re quick to use the narrative of a northerner not criticizing his people when two southerner shade each other

2 Likes

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by GoldenJulius(m): 7:11am On Oct 02, 2019
AyakaDunukofia:
Ironically, the economist was talking politics, the politician talking economics.
You deserve two bottle of trophy
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by nwamabo247(m): 7:31am On Oct 02, 2019
their quot all make sense..PLEASE my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with spinal cord injure.no source of income i hav been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and title medications.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation home for the disable. thank and GOD BLESS.see my signature
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Exc2000: 8:16am On Oct 02, 2019
NonFarmPayrol:

Tell me the truth

If you multi billion dollar businesses would you allow the Nigerian government to manage them?

Yes i gladly would, as AMCON are great at saving PDP theifs business from total colapse
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Blazebond(m): 8:19am On Oct 02, 2019
Nothing new here nau,soludo is speaking like an appointee that he is why peter obi is speaking like the opposition that he is,abi any other explanation dey inside?
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by PHIPEX(m): 8:24am On Oct 02, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad
I can bet you didn't listen to any of them speak. None of them attacked anyone. The OP is being clever by half by paraphrasing their speeches and picking what he wants.

Both Obi and Soludo were united in stating that the current structure of the govt is faulty and if nothing strategic happens poverty and insecurity will collapse Nigeria.

You people are always quick to attack the Igbos and when they reciprocate you cry foul.

1 Like

Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Omenkata: 8:24am On Oct 02, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:
cool

difference between a patriotic optimist and a greedy alarmist perssimist

[/s]
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by Omenkata: 8:26am On Oct 02, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:

Yes i gladly would, as AMCON are great at saving PDP theifs business from total colapse
[/s]
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by PreyingMantis(m): 9:16am On Oct 02, 2019
SoNature:

That's the problem I have with many people who call themselves Igbo politicains.

They are just sellouts...

I was disappointed when I read that "he spoke in Igbo"....it was unnecessary

Something is wrong with the crop of politicains from the east....they lack the courage that we Igbos are known for.
They're the generation that experienced the civil war as kids .Theyre permanently ruined psychologically and they're a very big problem to the Igbo nation.
Re: Between Charles Soludo And Peter Obi At The Platform In Lagos by kutchs: 9:45am On Oct 02, 2019
Kagarko:
Today at the Platform in Lagos

“...You don’t advice your principal in public or on the pages of newspapers..."

Charles Soludo.

"Building a nation is not about partisanship. All hands must be on deck when it comes to Nation Building"

Charles Soludo

"At least we have seen the blueprint of the FG and that of the APC in Elrufai panel, where is the PDP’s blueprint"

Charles Soludo

"We have no other country apart from Nigeria. That is the truth..."

Charles Soludo

"When I was named as member of the Economic Advisory Council, a friend called me, spoke in Igbo "leave their job for them", I asked why, he said "But there's no money there now, just a Committee.. That is how we reason in Nigeria......"

Charles Soludo

Part 2.
Today at the Platform in Lagos.

"Nigeria will soon collapse...."

Peter Obi

"Sell all seaports and airports to private investors. It doesn't make sense when FG builds or renovate them"

Peter Obi

"....Nigerians withdraw money paid into the account faster than any other country in the world...."

Peter Obi

"If you say there's no money, why can't you catch ALL those who steal our oil and get back d money? That's big money"

Peter Obi

"What U hear about Nigeria is poverty, poverty,poverty. In fact, in insecurity, we will be worse than Syria&Afghanistan"

Peter Obi

"They borrow, they said they are building rail, roads, bridges but we can't see any rail, roads or bridges anywhere"

Peter Obi
Your post meant to make Obi look that isn't it?
Perhaps you can start by giving us the context in which the quotes you referenced where made.
'Nigeria would soon collapse' is this the first time we're hearing that said? Is Obi the first to mouth it? Why not give us the full background and context instead of picking out the quote isolation?

Again, Charles Soludo (much as he sounds brilliant) is an appointee of the govt and would always pander to the wishes of his employers. He wouldn't want to say anything that would put his job at risk.

What we need today are men who speak truth to power, who say things they way they are without fear or favour and Obi is one of those men.
If we keep hiding the actual state of affairs from Buhari, Nigeria won't make progress.

Obi is talking like an economists, he has always been insistent and consistent with his belief that the govt (particularly the Nigeria govt) has no business running a business as they have made a huge mess of business. Give MTN or MultiChoice to the Nigeria govt today and watch them go down. That's how bad the govt is.

Soludo an first class economists turn politician won't dare say that, cos he isn't sure when his next job will come. Shameful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Tinubu Learnt His Lessons? Check What His Newspaper Said / Miyetti Allah Speaks After 15 Igbos Were Killed By Suspected Herdsmen In Ebonyi, / Ghana's Capital City Night Atmosphere Is Magical: PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.