Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? (23235 Views)

Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding / At 40, Can I Still Learn Programming And Be Good At It? / Apart From Programming And Coding, What IT Related Career Is In High Demand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Lordjb: 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2019
Okay
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by larryUG(m): 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
MountainView:

Lolz Professors in different fields do go wrong talk less of an unknown mother fucker like you.
Ur message to him is quite clear, but going as far as calling him a MF is uncalled for. Absolutely unneccessary

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Yankee101: 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
It's the same

Programming is the formal word for writing a computer language

Coding is the informal word for same

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Nvc078: 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
Programming is a continues process...a computer program can be reprogrammed, the process of doing all these is called coding
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Celexralno: 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
Professional hacker here!
I am
�Difference Between Scripting, Markup And Programming Languages�

�Programming Languages�
A programming language is simply a set of rules that tells a computer system what to do and how to do it. It gives the computer instructions for performing a particular task. A programming language consists of a series of well-defined steps which the computer must strictly follow in order to produce the desired output. Failure to follow the steps as it has been defined will result in an error and sometimes the computer system won’t perform as intended.

�Markup Languages�
From the name, we can easily tell that a markup language is all about visuals and looks. Basically, this is the primary role of markup languages. They are used for the presentation of data. They determine the final outlook or appearance of the data that needs to be displayed on the software. Two of the most powerful markup languages are HTML and XML. If you have used both of these two languages, you should be aware of the impact that they can have on a website in terms of the aesthetics.

�Scripting Languages�
A scripting language is a type of language that is designed to integrate and communicate with other programming languages. Examples of commonly used scripting languages include JavaScript, VBScript, PHP among others. There are mostly used in conjunction with other languages, either programming or markup languages. For example, PHP which is a scripting language is mostly used in conjunction with HTML. It is safe to say that all scripting languages are programming languages, but not all programming languages are scripting languages.
Coding I don't know about that because am not interested in learning undercodes
My friend got 99999999gb using this code
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Celexralno: 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2019
H
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by fredpaul: 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
Coding is the act of writing a code. lets say in php we write
<?php
$msg = "Hello World";
echo $msg;
?>
Thats coding. Sometimes it might even be a function.

Now programming is a combination of codes and functions in order to achieve a particular objective

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by princeedward89(m): 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Celexralno: 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2019
fredpaul:
Coding is the act of writing a code. lets say in php we write
<?php
$msg = "Hello World";
echo $msg;
?>
Thats coding. Sometimes it might even be a function.

Now programming is a combination of codes and functions in order to achieve a particular objective

My bro are a hacker?
Am gray hat hacker bro
Send me your number let's chat on WhatsApp
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by islandmoon: 7:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
what's going on here? coding is yahoo yahoo! this is Nigeria, you better run from here before SARS start shooting at everyone on this thread.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by renewable1(m): 7:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
Just want to read comments and be informed.

DO YOU WANT TO ENJOY MINIMUM 7HOURS ELECTRICITY DAILY? CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by guru90: 7:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
My line of field........
OP: Msgbox("Coding and programming are the same....." )
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by RoseyJ: 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
Nickisindigo:
programming is the act

coding is the language

Really?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Isoduwa(m): 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
Yahoo men over to you

What is coding and problem
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by guru90: 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
Nickisindigo:
programming is the act

coding is the language

wow oooh...... Not inline at all......
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Timileyin1234(m): 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
MountainView:

Lolz Professors in different fields do go wrong talk less of an unknown mother fucker like you.
U won’t kee me
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Biritiko: 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
Isoduwa:
Yahoo men over to you

What is coding and problem
It’s people like you that will call anyone with a laptop yahoo boy.
Wetin concern programmers or coders with yahoo?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by wonlasewonimi: 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
Programmer, coder and developer all do the same thing in different languages
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Timileyin1234(m): 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
Nickisindigo:
so hnd computer science dont know what he is saying
U shu have pocketed ur shame
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
Hi guys please is there any C# platform on iOS
This two I downloaded not working

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by backbone503(m): 8:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
Nickisindigo:
programming is the act
coding is the language
Where you learn this wan?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by avrex3k(m): 8:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
donsheddy1:
He just told you they're same. What other explanation do you want? Google is your best bet right now.
savage angry
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by MissSweet(f): 8:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
let me book space
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by pheesayor(m): 8:03pm On Oct 02, 2019
you said it all, coding is one part of the programming process, there's no point confusing each other
dudebuck:
They are basically the same thing, but coding refers to the actual writing or typing of the codes, while programming refers to everything from planning, designing, researching, flowcharting, alogarithm to testing and debugging, just my two cents.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by avrex3k(m): 8:04pm On Oct 02, 2019
Coding is a style or sets of variables, programming is sets of codes to perform a specific task �
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by backbone503(m): 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
princeedward89:
They are not the same. A coder is someone who can write programming codes they are mostly supervised by programmer or developer. while a programmer is someone who make things work by mean of programming. more like finding solutions to things via coding. a coder is just a junior programmer.

Listen to yourself

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Amatrillion: 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
Amstupid:
I know it bt I will not answer kiss

Am in level 700 in science and stupidity in university of phsycatric grin

I am very much glad that you made 1st class in your said course of study. Keep it up.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by ehinorlive: 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
**coding*** is the process of writing code to **program** a system to do certain action.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by etrouble: 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
Nickisindigo:
so hnd computer science dont know what he is saying

HND in Computer Science may not know what he is saying ooo. Several dummy graduates all over the place. But, this time, you are very correct. Proud of you. I'm an ex-NACOSSite also. We code the world.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by sapientia(m): 8:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
Lol.

From the context of what you mean.

Its same.

Don't mind all these wanna be hackers grin grin
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by jibrilELsudan: 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2019
Programming is the right terminology to refer to a person as a programmer.

While coding is the ghetto terminology to refer to a person as a coder.

SINCE NIGERIA IS A GHETTO SOCIETY, IT'S NORMAL PRACTICE THEY SAY CODING AND CODER.

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by TechX1: 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2019
Call us now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? / PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? / [Project] 2012 Summer Of Code - WORK HAS COMMENCED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.