Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? (23282 Views)

Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding / At 40, Can I Still Learn Programming And Be Good At It? / Apart From Programming And Coding, What IT Related Career Is In High Demand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by vick4eva: 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
Nickisindigo:
programming is the act

coding is the language

Chai. Will you keep quiet?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
dudebuck:
They are basically the same thing, but coding refers to the actual writing or typing of the codes, while programming refers to everything from planning, designing, researching, flowcharting, alogarithm to testing and debugging, just my two cents.

Best answer so far...
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by localboy: 10:32pm On Oct 02, 2019
Program is a set of instructions written to perform a specific task.

The set of instructions is the code.

So the word Programming as a verb is the act of writing codes.

In conclusion, the word Programming is same as Coding.. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by micfred(m): 10:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
D act of coding is programming
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by ridgeman: 10:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
I am and I'm are the same...
Physician and Medical Doctor
Coder and Programmer
Informal or formal
Programmer is a nicer more official term while coder is visually more appealing and less formal
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by vertueptime: 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
Six and half a dozen
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Lordpeckxy(m): 11:50pm On Oct 02, 2019

Programming Is a set of electronic instructions written in an acceptable language that tells a compuetr what to do, How to do it and when to do it...
The Compuetr Device don't understand Natural Language, Hence the Low level Language(Assembly and Machine) and the High level Language(Python, Ruby, Java Kotlin, swift etc)
NB: This Languages are called PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES not CODING LANGUAGE...
Hence Coding Is the *written Instruction*
Many people uses Mysql a database language, which is not a programming Language but has a set of instructions(Codes)
So therefore Programming And Coding are Inter-related...so put It like this....
Every Programming Language are written with Codes but Not every Codes are programs.!!!
Refrased: Every programs are codes but not every codes are program.!
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Boyooosa(m): 11:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
backbone503:
Programming is the act of writing a set of instructions that guides the operation of the computer. It involves a series of processes, of which Coding is one. Coding entails the conversion of the program's Logic (Flowcart and Algorithm) into computer useable/understandable/executeable form (i.e. Machine Language).

Na the small wia I sabi be dat.
I now vividly understand the reason Bros Jona onde said that Stealing is not Corruptio.
With this your explanation, I now realise that Coding is not Programming! but one of d functions of a Programmer as Stealing is one of the functions of a Corruptian.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by DHonorable(m): 12:00am On Oct 03, 2019
grin grin respect no dey ur basket at all
MountainView:

Lolz Professors in different fields do go wrong talk less of an unknown mother fucker like you.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Nickisindigo(m): 12:28am On Oct 03, 2019
LastDays777:

Lol, I can't tell if you are just trolling or serious cheesy
how can someone by whats the difference between programming and coding
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Nickisindigo(m): 12:28am On Oct 03, 2019
LastDays777:

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Nickisindigo(m): 12:29am On Oct 03, 2019
LastDays777:

lol
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Nickisindigo(m): 12:30am On Oct 03, 2019
backbone503:

Where you learn this wan?
thank you for your comment
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Nickisindigo(m): 12:31am On Oct 03, 2019
MountainView:

Lolz Professors in different fields do go wrong talk less of an unknown mother fucker like you.
thank you for replying
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Nickisindigo(m): 12:33am On Oct 03, 2019
lagoskind:

Please don't say what you don't know.
sir what do you know
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Koladelampard: 1:46am On Oct 03, 2019
A bunch of working codes give rise to a program. The codes are the bits of instructions that give you the program
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by EngRichie: 2:48am On Oct 03, 2019
This question ought to be specific, the answer depends on field.

In information theory, coding is mapping discrete set of symbols to finite binary sequences. Things like source coding (data compression), channel coding (error control), cryptographic coding and line coding.

Programming is the way others have described. For example, programming with Matlab.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by HajaraIsah1: 2:55am On Oct 03, 2019
Please don't say what you don't know

9 Shares

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by EngRichie: 3:14am On Oct 03, 2019
On point!
It is called coding in the computer programming world because what you type is not what the computer is using. For example, you code many strings of zeros and ones by simply typing "Hello world".
What the computer basically knows is zeros and ones.

Programming involves coding and other things.

backbone503:
Programming is the act of writing a set of instructions that guides the operation of the computer. It involves a series of processes, of which Coding is one. Coding entails the conversion of the program's Logic (Flowcart and Algorithm) into computer useable/understandable/executeable form (i.e. Machine Language).

Na the small wia I sabi be dat.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by fredpaul: 3:33am On Oct 03, 2019
Celexralno:

My bro are a hacker?
Am gray hat hacker bro
Send me your number let's chat on WhatsApp

Am ethical. Maybe you should drop your number.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by walyx(m): 5:21am On Oct 03, 2019
pls is thr any application software I can download to learn dis coding ?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Xburn(m): 5:35am On Oct 03, 2019
Nickisindigo:
programming is the act
coding is the language
Otondo
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by jaibalajipacker: 6:37am On Oct 03, 2019
basically both are the same.
packers and movers in thanehttps://jaibalajipackers.com
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by sircrabo: 8:37am On Oct 03, 2019
Nickisindigo:
programming is the act

coding is the language

Coding is not a language Mr Oga
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by wareh(m): 10:31am On Oct 03, 2019
Nickisindigo:
so hnd computer science dont know what he is saying
Well, B.Sc. Computer Science says you don't.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Celexralno: 11:06am On Oct 03, 2019
fredpaul:

Am ethical. Maybe you should drop your number.
You run Kali-linux bro?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by Nickisindigo(m): 12:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
wareh:
Well, B.Sc. Computer Science says you don't.
lol
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by ogbiwa: 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2019
realestniggah:
You program an app or software to carry out a particular function.. The process of making sure that app work the way you want is called coding.. The work you put into a program to work a certain way is called coding.

Take for example when you build a house you lay bricks.. That bricklaying = coding.. It basically building. The whole essence of coding is to have a program that works.

So using your house analogy, if coding is the bricklaying, what then is programming?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by realestniggah: 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2019
ogbiwa:

So using your house analogy, if coding is the bricklaying, what then is programming?

The working mechanism of the house is the program.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by fredpaul: 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2019
Celexralno:

You run Kali-linux bro?
Kali is broad, there lots of tools, i ve some.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? by incentive: 10:02pm On Oct 03, 2019
Someone should make it more understandable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? / PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? / Which Programming Language Should He Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.