Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab (44541 Views)

IMSU Lecturer Slaps Female Student For Wearing Mufti To Class (Video, Photos) / Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock / How Much Does A Nigerian Teacher Earn Monthly (secondary School/ University)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by CeterisXVII: 11:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
Grupo:
You can take ISI to court, let's see how far you can get.

I own a private house and say no one should bring pork to my house. You are now saying you must bring pork to my house because rules are made to be broken.

2 Likes

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by CeterisXVII: 11:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
edgeconsul:
The principal Mrs Phebean Olowe wouldn't implement or try this if transferred to any international school in the North. These folks are really tempting us!
Tempting who? Are you okay? ISI is a private school, not a govt school. The owners have made the rules...so what is your own?

3 Likes

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Evercurious(f): 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
ornicus:

You are the one living in the glorious past when Muslim women could not cover their hair. Sorry, that time is gone. Learn tolerance. Stop being bigoted.

OLODO . REAL OLODO. COMMON SENSE YOU NO GET ONE BIT.

COCONUT WATER DON FULL YOUR HEAD. ABEG TRY EMPTY AM

1 Like

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Evercurious(f): 11:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
olayinka63:
They are just hiding under school rule. We know it's hatred towards Muslims. Recently I read a news about a school in Australia changing their dress code because of a single female Muslim. I wonder what Nigeria Christians hate in hearing the word hijab even though their nun is also using it. That hijab has been giving them nightmare but they are comfortable seeing it on their nun because it's called in another word. Sincerely Muslims are the second class citizen in southwest because they have been fighting for all their rights before they get it. Not like western - Christo environment built for Christians with all their rights included by default.

Then go to the school in Australia... Why making noise here?

4 Likes

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Evercurious(f): 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2019
ornicus:

Why are you so hateful? Why does a hijab trigger you so much? Why does it burn you to see a Muslim woman covering her hair, though you will fall over your self to celebrate a nun doing the same?

Refund their money? You people are jokers. Like I said, there is a large Muslim contingent in that school. You think the school will risk offending all of them? Better clear your head before you enter the workplace, or you will be so triggered you will not be able to function.

You must really be insane.. offend large continent of what again?lolzzz

REFUND THEIR MONIES. . AND LET YOUR CONTINENT OF WHATEVER GO GATHER THEIR MONIES, BUILD THEIR OWN SCHOOL(S) AND LEAVE IT LAWLESS WITHOUT RULES AND REGULATIONS COS IT'S OBVIOUS YOU GUYS ARE ANIMALS..

OOH I FORGOT.. SOME ANIMALS ARE EVEN BETTER COS THEY HAVE GOT RULES GOVERNING THEM..STUPID

2 Likes

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Evercurious(f): 11:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
MoIbrahim:
Bigotry is the exhibition of act of intolerance towards another religion.

This your religion does it take away your senses? I keep saying it YOU GUYS ARE ANIMALS..
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Evercurious(f): 11:36pm On Oct 03, 2019
Askhalid:
It's a good decision by d Parents
unless the school is a Missionary School then I see no reason for the Hijaab denial

Freedom of religion is Guaranteed in every Matured Varsity, except d university operate one sided (pure Missionary or Pure Islamic Doctrine )

Since it can admit from any religion, then freedom of religion practice should be guaranteed, unless otherwise

I HAILED YORUBA MUSLIMS FOR STANDING WITH D STUDENT

Thank God that case has already been decided in court.. Obviously in favor if the school..

COMMON SENSE UNAAA NO GET

1 Like

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 04, 2019
Evercurious:

You must really be insane.. offend large continent of what again?lolzzz

REFUND THEIR MONIES. . AND LET YOUR CONTINENT OF WHATEVER GO GATHER THEIR MONIES, BUILD THEIR OWN SCHOOL(S) AND LEAVE IT LAWLESS WITHOUT RULES AND REGULATIONS COS IT'S OBVIOUS YOU GUYS ARE ANIMALS..

OOH I FORGOT.. SOME ANIMALS ARE EVEN BETTER COS THEY HAVE GOT RULES GOVERNING THEM..STUPID

Pele. Typical Nigerian Christian. Do you pray to jesus with that mouth? grin
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by tintingz(m): 12:30am On Oct 04, 2019
ornicus:
There is a large contingent of wealthy Muslim students in the school. Let’s see how long this woman can hold on to her bigotry.

This one is lying through his teeth. He can’t name the firm?
Why must he name the firm?

Are you saying there are no organizations strictly secular?
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 04, 2019
tintingz:
Why must he name the firm?

Are you saying there are no organizations strictly secular?

You have no idea what strictly secular means, do you?
Stop and think for a moment. What impact does a hijab/head scarf have in the work place?
Does it clash in any way with basic company policy?

Go to mtn, standard chartered, pwc, Mobil you will see women in hijab. No issues whatsoever. Maybe some backwater livingus and sons company in a village somewhere has actual rules against hijab.

I understand where most of you are coming from. I am a fairly Liberal Muslim, and back in school I had instances where Christian classmates causally told me they felt like slapping ladies for wearing hijab. For some reason they felt I would understand their feelings. That was how bad their intolerance was. Something that had zero effect on them, but caused some of them so much bile they felt the urge for violence.

The best most of you have been able to come up with is your repeated assertion that 'it is the rules'. Well for your information rules, policies and dress codes are living documents and they are subject to change.

If you had a situation where there was only one or two Muslims in the school, you could impose your will on them. But as I keep reminding you, there are more. Most of you continue to live in your illusions that Nigeria is a state with only Christian ideology.

You better grow up fast, or you will wind up like wike, who is paying in more ways than one for his rivers is a Christian state statement. There is a large contingent of head slammers out there who you will work with, do business with, school with. Better get with the program. Your personal myth of state where Muslims are neither seen nor heard is just that, a myth
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by tintingz(m): 1:14am On Oct 04, 2019
ornicus:

You have no idea what strictly secular means, do you?
Stop and think for a moment. What impact does a hijab/head scarf have in the work place?
Does it clash in any way with basic company policy?

Go to mtn, standard chartered, pwc, Mobil you will see women in hijab. No issues whatsoever. Maybe some backwater livingus and sons company in a village somewhere has actual rules against hijab.

I understand where most of you are coming from. I am a fairly Liberal Muslim, and back in school I had instances where Christian classmates causally told me they felt like slapping ladies for wearing hijab. For some reason they felt I would understand their feelings. That was how bad their intolerance was. Something that had zero effect on them, but caused some of them so much bile they felt the urge for violence.

The best most of you have been able to come up with is your repeated assertion that 'it is the rules'. Well for your information rules, policies and dress codes are living documents and they are subject to change.

If you had a situation where there was only one or two Muslims in the school, you could impose your will on them. But as I keep reminding you, there are more. Most of you continue to live in your illusions that Nigeria is a state with only Christian ideology.

You better grow up fast, or you will wind up like wike, who is paying in more ways than one for his rivers is a Christian state statement. There is a large contingent of head slammers out there who you will work with, do business with, school with. Better get with the program. Your personal myth of state where Muslims are neither seen nor heard is just that, a myth
Mr Man, I'm a liberal person and I'm not religious. If I've an organization it will be secular and liberal.

My response to your post is, are there no organizations that are strictly secular?

Some reasons some organizations are strictly secular are because they want everyone to be neutral and abide to a dress code, no religious practice, you are there to work and achieve a goal not doing some religious practice and putting on some religious regalia that doesn't match the organization dress code.

2 Likes

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Siralgebra04(m): 3:02am On Oct 04, 2019
Tomide007:
Since wearing trousers is against the belief of some Christians, we might as well have skirt for NYSC and soldiers in the battle field, then deeper life members should also put on there scarfs...... U entered a school knowing its rules all of a sudden u want them to change the rule for u. That's madness....lots of good schools in IB, go to any.
Hypocrite. So u know wearing of trouser is against ur belief according to ur bible but u always with it when choirs and church members choose to wear it to church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Cantonese: 4:39am On Oct 04, 2019
ornicus:

Why are you so hateful? Why does a hijab trigger you so much? Why does it burn you to see a Muslim woman covering her hair, though you will fall over your self to celebrate a nun doing the same?

Refund their money? You people are jokers. Like I said, there is a large Muslim contingent in that school. You think the school will risk offending all of them? Better clear your head before you enter the workplace, or you will be so triggered you will not be able to function.

See bro you do not seem to get it at all. We have reached a level of religious intolerance in this country, caused by our political leaders, where even schools are not spared.

I think your comments are too sentimental.

You just mentioned a large presence of Muslim students in the school. If just this one complained what happened to the rest who did not complain? Surely they accepted the terms and conditions put in place by the school and they are very happy in the school. Notable is the fact that the school does not allow Christians to come to school with their own versions of Christian items. Do you know that a lot of Muslim ladies are not comfortable with the hijabs? Do you know that a lot of Muslim ladies are not comfortable with other ladies wearing the hijabs around them? You can take a simple survey of this with the Muslim ladies around you.

If the school says NO, then the parents have the option to withdraw the child from the school and go to other schools where hijabs are allowed whether Christian or Muslim. There are several schools like that in this country. Like it is said in local language here “I no buy I no sell e no dey cause trouble”.

I do not think it has to do with bigotry. I think it has to do with where we have found ourselves in this nation today and the world in general.

2 Likes

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Fallenhunter: 4:48am On Oct 04, 2019
Can you study in Saudi Arabia while wearing a skirt ? Or showing your face ? You follow the rules of where you are studying. The girl clearly violated school rules and as such her suspension is just.
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Fallenhunter: 5:11am On Oct 04, 2019
ornicus:

You still don't get it do you?

Rosa Parks broke the rules and started off the Civil rights movement.

The fact that it is a rule does not make it right or fair

Now the rule has been broken, the student punished and the real battle will begin

Did the same thing not happen with the law student
Are you not seeing that hijab is now officially allowed in NYSC?

Have you worked in any large private company in Nigeria?

Like I said, go and choke on your bigotry. You are as triggered as those racists during the Civil rights movements. The only offense a hijab provides is to your sensibilities.

If we are getting rid of bigotry then surely the northern states will be abolishing Sharia law right ? There is nothing more bigoted than that inhumane law which violates the law of the rest of the country. Is it not bigoted for one group to impose their own special law because a book told them to?
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by themanderon: 5:39am On Oct 04, 2019
These scums will never rest from causing problems anywhere they are.
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by seunlayi(m): 5:52am On Oct 04, 2019
sesaan:
Muslims are so problematic any where you find them
it seems the student and the secretary to the Muslim association are related, check the name Badiru
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Fallenhunter: 5:53am On Oct 04, 2019
ornicus:

There were once rules for colored only fountains. Once blacks were not allowed in several private institutions.

The racists who upheld the rules were just like you. Hateful bigots with arguments about rules.

The girl has engaged in her civil disobedience, she has been punished, and now the real battle will start. Enjoy your triggered chauvinist tears.

More and more Muslims will stand up for thier right to wear the hijab. You can continue to gnash your teeth in bewildered hatred, or you can open your heart to inclusion This country is for all of us.

Ironic that you call his tears chauvinistic even though Islam is a chauvinist religion. Since you fight this hard for the right of Muslim women to wear the hijab, do you also fight for the right of those that wish to remove it ?

1 Like

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 04, 2019
Fallenhunter:

Ironic that you call his tears chauvinistic even though Islam is a chauvinist religion. Since you fight this hard for the right of Muslim women to wear the hijab, do you also fight for the right of those that wish to remove it ?

This is what you gross misedication has done to you. You automatically assume that every Muslim woman who wears a hijab is doing so by force? Better understand that just as you have your own beliefs, others have theirs too.

Just as we have religious intolerance in the north, we have it in the south. No real ideological difference between you and the northern fanatics.
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Fallenhunter: 6:18am On Oct 04, 2019
ornicus:

This is what you gross misedication has done to you. You automatically assume that every Muslim woman who wears a hijab is doing so by force? Better understand that just as you have your own beliefs, others have theirs too.

Just as we have religious intolerance in the north, we have it in the south. No real ideological difference between you and the northern fanatics.

Did I say that every Muslim woman that wears. Hijab is doing so by force ? Of course they're not but if you're going to fight for their right to wear a hijab then will you also fight for the right of those that don't want to wear one ? That are forced to wear a hijab? There are women In Saudi and Iran and the like that get killed for taking their hijab off. Will you also fight for the right of those women?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by MoIbrahim: 6:34am On Oct 04, 2019
You father was a gelding, yet your mother, a jennet, synthesised you.

It raises questions on which donkey impregnated her and sheds light on why intolerance flows in your contaminated blood. Your own donkey is a product of artificial insemination cos even donkey get category. Fatherless jaki like you!

Evercurious:

This your religion does it take away your senses? I keep saying it YOU GUYS ARE ANIMALS..
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 04, 2019
Fallenhunter:

Did I say that every Muslim woman that wears. Hijab is doing so by force ? Of course they're not but if you're going to fight for their right to wear a hijab then will you also fight for the right of those that don't want to wear one ? That are forced to wear a hijab? There are women In Saudi and Iran and the like that get killed for taking their hijab off. Will you also fight for the right of those women?

We are not in iran or Saudi Arabia. We are in Nigeria. You are free to carry your pseudo activist fake concerns to the UN if you so wish.
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Funkybabee(f): 6:42am On Oct 04, 2019
If it government establishment, they should allow them.

Let leave public school for them, thy can go to private school to enforce that..

They are saying it's funded by government
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Funkybabee(f): 6:42am On Oct 04, 2019
If it government establishment, they should allow them.

Let leave public school for them, thy can't go to private school to enforce that..

They are saying it's funded by government
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by alfarouq(m): 6:45am On Oct 04, 2019
I have had the opportunity to meet Christians from all parts of the Nigerian society, many good and tolerant ones and some very intolerant ones. I can say authoritatively that the very few intolerant ones I have met were Yoruba Christians, the irony of it is that, they are the ones that at every opportunity Will be singing how in Yoruba land, they don't give a rat's add about your religion that they are one and other bulshits.
During my nysc, there was a particular female Yoruba corp member whom we got along with. One day, she was having a discussion with other Yoruba corp members in Yoruba language. When she started insulting Muslims and how Muslim girls use hijabs, how Muslims are evil. She called Muslims unprinted names, but guess what, her closest friend in camp was a Muslim and she once told me about how she would like to secure a job and move further north after her service. Imagine how shameless she was, trying to get closer to me, may be she thought I was an ATM yet insulting my religion in my presence simply because she thought I be Aboki and so I don't understand Yoruba. I might not speak Yoruba but I can understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Tumbulum: 6:51am On Oct 04, 2019
olayinka63:

Ohh because it wasn't your tribe or your religion so they become bigot. You people are rejoicing because a group was ridiculed and you expect your group to be free of same? Wait your turn is coming
I'm just laughing at you headslammers.

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Spatta: 7:18am On Oct 04, 2019
edgeconsul:
The principal Mrs Phebean Olowe wouldn't implement or try this if transferred to any international school in the North. These folks are really tempting us!

Exactly How your religion punish people for doing the right thing. You want to conspire to transfer the woman on account of your religious garb, How can that religion be of a true God. Vindictive souls

3 Likes

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by ibabz(m): 7:33am On Oct 04, 2019
Evercurious:

How do you expect someone that bangs his head five times daily to reason like you? Don't just waste your precious time on him, he can NEVER reason like normal person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Lanre0: 7:33am On Oct 04, 2019
Calling on Muslims in Ibadan to barricade the school's gate. The principal is a fanatic like Oyedepo & others belonging to CAN of worms.
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Tomide007: 8:32am On Oct 04, 2019
Siralgebra04:

Hypocrite. So u know wearing of trouser is against ur belief according to ur bible but u always with it when choirs and church members choose to wear it to church.
Mr man, read my comment again and reason.....
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Timberly(f): 8:50am On Oct 04, 2019
Muslims are just trouble makers o. What nonsense, is it not part of the rules of the school not to wear hijab, shebi the case has been taken to court, what the heck , whosever doesn't want to comply should get the hell out of the school, abi is ISI the only school in Ibadan. Awọn attention seekers oshi, the stuff is vexing me
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Timberly(f): 8:54am On Oct 04, 2019
Lanre0:
Calling on Muslims in Ibadan to barricade the school's gate. The principal is a fanatic like Oyedepo & others belonging to CAN of worms.
you are stupid. I pity you o, let ur mouth be running like gutter water . SMH

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New Theatre Arts Students Of UNICAL Had Their Induction (Photos) / A Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In UMYU, Katsina (Photos) / Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.