Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,141 members, 7,829,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab (44545 Views)

IMSU Lecturer Slaps Female Student For Wearing Mufti To Class (Video, Photos) / Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock / How Much Does A Nigerian Teacher Earn Monthly (secondary School/ University)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by grammarian247(m): 9:45am On Oct 04, 2019
MT:

I can only feel sorry for you. You should be ashamed of your own rants. ISI, as a private institution, has rules (which separates humans from animals) and if you cannot comply, you can take your child(ren) to another school. My sister and her husband are muslims, and they have children in ISI, they DO NOT agree that hijab should be allowed in ISI. Rules are rules....this has nothing to do with Islam, Christianity or Traditionalist....It is what it is ... RULES!!. Stop making the world to see ISLAM in a different and disgusting light. You can do better than this.

These same people will say they are peaceful. What is peaceful about this approach? Peddling false information, teaching their children to be disobedient to rules. The school has rules; one that even the court has acknowledged, won't it be a course of peace to take your child elsewhere if this rule of dress cord does not suit you. The majority of the parents say no to the change of dress code the Muslim parents are proposing, I was in the meeting. Why not carry yoursf elsewhere ....what is hard in this. These lots are trouble mongers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by grammarian247(m): 9:54am On Oct 04, 2019
MoIbrahim:
Are you guys aware that we are talking about a school collectively owned by the people, Christians and Muslims? ? ?

If you u believe the school is owned collectively, then u should want to know what the majority of the 'owners' want for the school- NO HIJIB OR ANY ADORNMENT IN THE SCH PREMISES. This is the decision of the majority of the owners. If you don't agree with that, what about the court decision? I am an insider, most of the Muslim patents are not interested in this hijab. The people in question have bad intentions, what else can explain violation of public opinion in the school and court injunction... Pls tell me

2 Likes

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by grammarian247(m): 10:20am On Oct 04, 2019
ornicus:

You have no idea what strictly secular means, do you?
Stop and think for a moment. What impact does a hijab/head scarf have in the work place?
Does it clash in any way with basic company policy?

Go to mtn, standard chartered, pwc, Mobil you will see women in hijab. No issues whatsoever. Maybe some backwater livingus and sons company in a village somewhere has actual rules against hijab.

I understand where most of you are coming from. I am a fairly Liberal Muslim, and back in school I had instances where Christian classmates causally told me they felt like slapping ladies for wearing hijab. For some reason they felt I would understand their feelings. That was how bad their intolerance was. Something that had zero effect on them, but caused some of them so much bile they felt the urge for violence.

The best most of you have been able to come up with is your repeated assertion that 'it is the rules'. Well for your information rules, policies and dress codes are living documents and they are subject to change.

If you had a situation where there was only one or two Muslims in the school, you could impose your will on them. But as I keep reminding you, there are more. Most of you continue to live in your illusions that Nigeria is a state with only Christian ideology.

You better grow up fast, or you will wind up like wike, who is paying in more ways than one for his rivers is a Christian state statement. There is a large contingent of head slammers out there who you will work with, do business with, school with. Better get with the program. Your personal myth of state where Muslims are neither seen nor heard is just that, a myth

Nobody is imposing rules, the rule of dress code has always been there ALWAYS. Again, Muslim students are a minority in ISI

. AT a PTA meeting held in the sch , majority of the parents, some Muslims voted that hijab should not be worn in the sch. Why should just a few who refuse threaten the unity of the school. Who is here imposing. Remove this religious veil and consider this matter objectively

1 Like

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Olabenjamen22(m): 10:50am On Oct 04, 2019
Aboki99:

MURIC war? Why not CAN's war since hijab is also biblical? See 1 corrinthians 11:5 among several other places in both the new and old testament.

Really?

So any head cover is now hijab?

You mumuslim can't stop to amaze me��.

You idiot will just carry one verse from the Bible to defend your foolishness.���..

1 Like

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Olabenjamen22(m): 11:04am On Oct 04, 2019
ornicus:

You are the one living in the glorious past when Muslim women could not cover their hair. Sorry, that time is gone. Learn tolerance. Stop being bigoted.

Lol, I saw all the trash you have been pouring on this trend and this make me wonder if you are a fool or you are just an educated illetarate, everyone is trying there best to educate you that the school doesn't welcome anything religion affliction from any side and this idiot is still trying to link it to Christian. Lol, I guess Christian have collect your wife before, you fool, last I check this is not about hair cover but you people will always want to be treated like a first class citizens but not again. If I may ask don't berets cover your woman hair?

Lol, we all know the game you people are playing, I can see that you are shouting that this is just the beginning, well we are waiting for you and your likes. Lol. Hopeless troll.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by grammarian247(m): 11:07am On Oct 04, 2019
Lanre0:
Calling on Muslims in Ibadan to barricade the school's gate. The principal is a fanatic like Oyedepo & others belonging to CAN of worms.

Right here in my heart, I have concluded that you are a very stupid, senseless bigot. But I will keep this within myself. You are calling on Muslims to barricade the gate of a sch where, at the PTA attended by Muslims, an agreement was reached that no students is allowed to put on adornment,hijab inclusive, yet you think you are wise? That they should barricade the sch gate when the court has decided that parents who can't stay should take their children out, yet u want me to think u are educated?

Recently a student insulted the VP because the VP said she should remove her cardigan (not hijab), and she was suspended by the SDC, a committee the principal is not a member. You did not even care to know why the student is serving punishment, u are Calling for violence. You and your likes will face God's punishment for causing division among students in ISI. Ask those who left the sch many years ago, are they not doing well, were there no Muslims and Christians among them? Was hijab an issue? You won't here from my mouth that you are very very stupid, I can't bring mysf to say that of a human

1 Like

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 04, 2019
ornicus:

You dont know there colored only fountains were rules? That black people standing up on the bus were rules?

You dont know rules can be changed?

Is ISI a CHRISTIAN school? Or you have somehow appropriated it? Why do you think women wear hijab with no issue in telecoms, oil companies, banks, etc?

Better face up to reality, bigoted hateful hypocrite. This country is not for only you. You better learn the tolerance you whine about.
You're so dumb, you're not making any sense at all. Go to ISI yourself, and you will see hijab or any religious material is so frowned upon.

1 Like

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by delpee(f): 11:15am On Oct 04, 2019
The school is a private school built by Christians albeit within the confines of a public institution. Some of the late Aare Musulumi's children attended the school without issues. There are so many Muslim and public schools in Ibadan. Why is it compulsory for a child to attend a private school with contrary views to hers?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by grammarian247(m): 11:15am On Oct 04, 2019
Timberly:
you are stupid. I pity you o, let ur mouth be running like gutter water . SMH

Don't mind him, I doubt if he knows jack of what the matter is. Some of them will just hear ISI , they will just begin to talk.
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 04, 2019
2shure:
Mrs olowe. She has still not changed. An ugly sadistic woman. Ex ISI students of 94 to 2005 know saddlists such as.Mr akintilabor, mrs ukoyen,mr alabi, one tall black slim man like that.very wicked man he looked like a gambian man.most sadists were at old stagf room.
Then i used to hang out at basketball court near old staff room with uncle tony,he sold meatpies fresh and hot then for 50naira with a bottle of cold coke 70naira wayback 2001....
are you sure you're sure Coke was sold for #70 back in 2001. It was not even up to #40 sef.
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by luluman: 11:18am On Oct 04, 2019
Yves4real:
This thread is just to create tension and remind the FG that the school's stand on hijab shouldn't stand. If NYSC approved its use then this school MUST approve it too.
OP, this your method is very very old.
Please put your brain to work now, Since when did NYSC become a model to the school? Is NYSC determining for the school? If the school said "NO HIJAB" Can't you put your child in a school that allows hijab?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by grammarian247(m): 11:19am On Oct 04, 2019
delpee:
The school is a private school built by Christians albeit within the confines of a public institution. Some of the late Aare Musulumi's children attended the school without issues. There are so many Muslim and public schools in Ibadan. Why is it compulsory for a child to attend a private school with contrary views to hers?

The answer is that the few parents who are doing this have cotton wool in their head in place of brain
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2019
MoIbrahim:
[s]Pls mention one GOVERNMENT SCHOOL in a state in your so called "core north" collectively owned by Christians and Muslim that makes hijab compulsory.

The oyinbo man that invented the word terrorist must be crying each time he sees how many of you are now so confused about its meaning.[/s]

Why is it that these hijab issues are only happening in YorubaLand, it seems you people are not tolerant to one another.

Here in IgboLand hijab is not an issue and has never been an issue, Igbo people are peace loving people.
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by edoairways: 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
AgonyOfHell:

Why is it that these hijab issues are only happening in YorubaLand, it seems you people are not tolerant to one another.

Here in IgboLand hijab is not an issue and has never been an issue, Igbo people are peace loving people.
The school said they don't want hjab or any religious dressing, is that too difficult for the student to comprehend?. There are cheaper private secondary schools in Ibadan to attend why insist on ISI?.

3 Likes

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by 2shure: 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2019
Abt 50 to 70naira
Yes
BabaOwen:
are you sure you're sure Coke was sold for #70 back in 2001. It was not even up to #40 sef.
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Evercurious(f): 1:33pm On Oct 04, 2019
MoIbrahim:
You father was a gelding, yet your mother, a jennet, synthesised you.

It raises questions on which donkey impregnated her and sheds light on why intolerance flows in your contaminated blood. Your own donkey is a product of artificial insemination cos even donkey get category. Fatherless jaki like you!

So says an ANIMAL with no senses. Atleast most animals make use of their senses..

BUT YOU HAVE GOT NON TO EVEN USE..SO PATHETIC
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Evercurious(f): 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2019
ornicus:

Pele. Typical Nigerian Christian. Do you pray to jesus with that mouth? grin

Naaa your own mouth I for use before? Keep crying ..MUMU
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Evercurious(f): 1:39pm On Oct 04, 2019
edoairways:

The school said they don't want hjab or any religious dressing, is that too difficult for the student to comprehend?. There are cheaper private secondary schools in Ibadan to attend why insist on ISI?.

Even my secondary school (boarding)never permitted finger rosary ,wearing of chaplet ,hijab etc . Did anyone die?
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by edoairways: 1:41pm On Oct 04, 2019
Evercurious:

Even my secondary school (boarding)never permitted finger rosary ,wearing of chaplet ,hijab etc . Did anyone die?
I wonder

2 Likes

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 04, 2019
2shure:
Abt 50 to 70naira
Yes
back in 2001 or 2002, family coke was sold for #100, do you remember "family coke"?Goldspot and limca was sold for #15. There is no way coke will be up to #30
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Aboki99(m): 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2019
quote author=Olabenjamen22 post=82828101]

Really?

You idiot will just carry one verse from the Bible to defend your foolishness.���..[/quote]

OK one verse doesn't make a case according to the xtian logic? And why resort to insult as if you were not well brought up? So we can't exchange knowledge without insults? Haba, is this the love ur Bible asks u to show even to ur enemy? Walai, Bible dey for one side, xtians dey another, if u are a xtian! Peace be upon you.
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by lionphil(m): 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
Where is the school stamp

This is a pure lie

Only a stu.pid administrator will attach a stamp to a letter-headed sheet of paper.
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Olabenjamen22(m): 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2019
Aboki99:
quote author=Olabenjamen22 post=82828101]

Really?

You idiot will just carry one verse from the Bible to defend your foolishness.���..

OK one verse doesn't make a case according to the xtian logic? And why resort to insult as if you were not well brought up? So we can't exchange knowledge without insults? Haba, is this the love ur Bible asks u to show even to ur enemy? Walai, Bible dey for one side, xtians dey another, if u are a xtian! Peace be upon you.

Next time learn how to spell Christian, you brainless mumuslim. Lol you can quoting someone else Holy Bible to suit your stupidity an exchange of knowledge?

Lol, dummy so you are now my enemy?

You can't be a muslim and still be sane
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by 2shure: 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2019
Cnt remember o
BabaOwen:
back in 2001 or 2002, family coke was sold for #100, do you remember "family coke"?Goldspot and limca was sold for #15. There is no way coke will be up to #30
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Aboki99(m): 10:41pm On Oct 04, 2019
This is the difference between you and i: my holy book asks me to not to debate with you unless with the best of speech and I can't violate this no matter how much you insult me. All I know and prove to you is that hijab is biblical and here is another verse where prophet Isaac'wife to be reportedly used a veil acc2 the Bible, to support my case: ".. She took a veil and covered herself" (Gen 24:65). So hijab is Biblical! Peace be upon you!

Olabenjamen22:

Next time learn how to spell Christian, you brainless mumuslim. Lol you can quoting someone else Holy Bible to suit your stupidity an exchange of knowledge?

Lol, dummy so you are now my enemy?

You can't be a muslim and still be sane
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Olabenjamen22(m): 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2019
Aboki99:
This is the difference between you and i: my holy book asks me to not to debate with you unless with the best of speech and I can't violate this no matter how much you insult me. All I know and prove to you is that hijab is biblical and here is another verse where prophet Isaac'wife to be reportedly used a veil acc2 the Bible, to support my case: ".. She took a veil and covered herself" (Gen 24:65). So hijab is Biblical! Peace be upon you!

You are still as dumb as your gigolo fake prophet, so hijab is the veil that the verse is talking about? Or is Catholic veil hijab?

Your dumbness is second to none.

1 Like

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by MoIbrahim: 6:35am On Oct 06, 2019
Yet you proudly name urself AgonyOfHell.

AgonyOfHell:

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2019
MoIbrahim:
Yet you proudly name urself AgonyOfHell.

Answer my question, forget my name
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by MoIbrahim: 9:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
E pain you? People are addressed by their names.

Anyway, you ask any question? No ne abuse you carry enter?

AgonyOfHell:

Answer my question, forget my name
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by peksy4u: 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2019
08 OCTOBER 2019
THE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
UNIVERISTY OF IBADAN
PRESS RELEASE

The attention of the Board of Governors of The International School University of Ibadan has been drawn to several reports on the social media in respect of a female student, Ikhlas Olasubomi Badiru, who has been suspended for two weeks for committing an act of impudence. Having carefully investigated the matter, the Board hereby reports that it was falsely reported that Ikhlas was suspended for ‘wearing hijab on her school uniform’ on several social media platforms.
We wish to inform parents, stakeholders and the general public that the social media report is a distortion of fact and very far from the truth. The facts of the case are as follows: \

(i) Ikhlas and some other students wore unauthorized cardigans to school on Thursday, 4 July 2019.

(ii) They were directed to remove the unauthorized cardigans by

one of the Vice-Principals of the school.
(iii) While other students, with humility, complied with the directive of the Vice Principal, Ikhlas blatantly refused to comply.
(iv) She subsequently defiantly walked out on the Vice-Principal who instructed her and some other students to take off the unauthorized cardigans.
(v) The Vice-Principal reported the matter to the Management of the School.
(vi) Ikhlas was invited to make a statement on what transpired. (Please see the Attachment I below).

(vii) The matter was referred to the Student Disciplinary Investigation Panel (SDIP) to give Ikhlas a fair hearing and the SDIP met on Thursday 4 July 2019 to consider the case.
(viii) Ikhlas was invited by the SDIP to present her case and she did so. It is instructive to note that at the meeting of the SDIP, the following were established:

a) Ikhlas refused to obey the instruction of the officer of the school to remove
the unauthorized cardigan.
b) She defiantly walked away when the officer instructed her to remove the
cardigan. The conduct is rather strange and unexpected of any student of
ISI! Indeed, from available records, this is the first time a student of the
school will behave in such a manner.
c) From all facts available to the school, the state of health of Ikhlas on that day
did not prevent her from respecting the regulations of the school which she
undertook to obey and be of good conduct as a student of the school.
(Please see Attachment II) Besides, she did not claim that she was feeling
unwell in any way while she was addressing the Vice-Principal.

(ix) This is an established case of misconduct bordering on an act of

impudence, to which Ikhlas affirmed her liability in her written and oral defense. In line with the rules and regulation of the school, the SDIP recommended that she be suspended for two weeks as a corrective measure and to serve as deterrent to other students.
(x) The recommendations of the SDIP was considered and subsequently

approved by the main Student Disciplinary Committee (SDC) on Wednesday, 28 August 2019.
(xi) Given that the school was on vacation at the time of the approval of

the recommendation of suspension, its implementation was deferred to the commencement of the resumption of school by the SS3 students.

The Board of Governors, hereby affirms, for the special attention of all parents, guardians, stakeholders and the general public, that the suspension of Ikhlas has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH HIJAB. Rather, she has been suspended for wearing unauthorised cardigan, refusal to take this off as instructed by a Vice- Principal of the school, while other offenders complied, and defiantly walking out on the Vice-Principal.

The information on the social media on this matter is grossly misrepresented, misleading and false. As such, it should be disregarded in its entirety.

Parents, stakeholders and especially the media are advised to confirm information before publishing them on the media. It is equally important that we do the same before accepting, circulating or acting on any information obtained on any media platform.
The Board of Governors of ISI remains highly grateful to all our esteemed parents, guardians and stakeholders for their continuous support to the school.
Thank you.

Board of Governors

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by CeterisXVII: 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2019
ornicus:
You have no idea what strictly secular means, do you?
Stop and think for a moment. What impact does a hijab/head scarf have in the work place?
Does it clash in any way with basic company policy?

Go to mtn, standard chartered, pwc, Mobil you will see women in hijab. No issues whatsoever. Maybe some backwater livingus and sons company in a village somewhere has actual rules against hijab.

I understand where most of you are coming from. I am a fairly Liberal Muslim, and back in school I had instances where Christian classmates causally told me they felt like slapping ladies for wearing hijab. For some reason they felt I would understand their feelings. That was how bad their intolerance was. Something that had zero effect on them, but caused some of them so much bile they felt the urge for violence.

The best most of you have been able to come up with is your repeated assertion that 'it is the rules'. Well for your information rules, policies and dress codes are living documents and they are subject to change.

If you had a situation where there was only one or two Muslims in the school, you could impose your will on them. But as I keep reminding you, there are more. Most of you continue to live in your illusions that Nigeria is a state with only Christian ideology.

You better grow up fast, or you will wind up like wike, who is paying in more ways than one for his rivers is a Christian state statement. There is a large contingent of head slammers out there who you will work with, do business with, school with. Better get with the program. Your personal myth of state where Muslims are neither seen nor heard is just that, a myth

Thou shalt NOT lie. Standard Chartered does NOT allow Hijab. They have a 3-page dress code, that spells out clearly, what is permissible and what is not allowed, even before you join the bank.
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Thou shalt NOT lie. Standard Chartered does NOT allow Hijab. They have a 3-page dress code, that spells out clearly, what is permissible and what is not allowed, even before you join the bank.

Yeah, I wonder how my sil got away with Wearing a hijab there. Must be a different standard chartered. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In UMYU, Katsina (Photos) / New Theatre Arts Students Of UNICAL Had Their Induction (Photos) / Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.