Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:28 AM

Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) (25475 Views)

Peter Obi 2012 Throwback Video: Leaders Should Not Jump From Party To Party / Peter Obi Accommodating Flood Victims From Kogi State In 2012 (Throwback Video)) / Video Of Nnamdi Kanu Supporting One Nigeria And Northerners In 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by Abdulhakeem7(m): 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
Buhari has nothing to offer us than to travel round the world with our money. That man detests criticism a lot, I can't forget how Sahara Reporters many corruption revealing publications led to the ouster of Jonathan in 2015. Sowore some of us that reason with you are behind you..... Can't wait for 2023 to arrive so that the oppression and tyranny of this Buhari's government will finally retire to Daura.

7 Likes

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by Kellie069(m): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
ajl:

Apparently you never like anything good in your life. Born slaves.

Alright. Thanks for the insult. Your revolutionary movement doesn't permit me to have freedom of choice?
Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by ajl: 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
Praktikals:
This time around, he is fucking with the wrong person. By the time Buhari is done with him, his brain will be reset to default factory setting. He should go and ask the hunched back albino

Please dont compare that one to Sowore. When did that one came on the scene compared to one that has been around since early 1990's and is a "General" of so many wars with scars to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by akin9ja78(m): 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2019
Kellie069:
For real I don't just like this guy. I believe there is always a selfish motive behind all his actions.

Everyone is selfish, but revolution will happen one day.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by Kellie069(m): 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
akin9ja78:

Everyone is selfish, but revolution will happen one day.

If it's best for the masses of the country, I pray it happens soon

1 Like

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2019
olu77:

He is not thinking they way we think. He is not praying for freedom. He is hoping that his incarceration will attract enough attention to the injustice in the land. Nigeria, as it seem, may not be worth fighting for because of the present generation of people who can't reason but it's worth liberating for the future generations.
Hmmm you are on point. kudos

1 Like

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by ajl: 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
Kellie069:

Alright. Thanks for the insult. Your revolutionary movement doesn't permit me to have freedom of choice?

When do "slaves" of this world start having choices. You are a Negro from a third-world country, the poverty capital of the world. Tell me what luxury of choices are you deceiving yourself that you have.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by overlord77: 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2019
internationalman:
But on what count is he being held?

Are there not people who question the decision of Buhari?

What system of government is Nigeria running

In Africa, as long as the government favours you, they don't question jack. All they are good at is seeing the downfall of their neighbours just so they can be better than you.

We are receiving ourselves with the claim of running democracy but in actuality, it's dictatorship.

Very sad

5 Likes

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by renewable1(m): 2:35pm On Oct 03, 2019
OK... This one go stay jail tay

You can enjoy minimum 10HOURS ELECTRICITY DAILY with #178k only. CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by Boyooosa(m): 2:38pm On Oct 03, 2019
@op, kindly send in the text of the protest for examination. thanx.
Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by Greatdre(m): 2:39pm On Oct 03, 2019
Kellie069:
For real I don't just like this guy. I believe there is always a selfish motive behind all his actions.
This is apparently one of the reasons I need to leave this country for people like you.. Keep wallowing in injustice. Buhari has a selfless motive behind his actions

6 Likes

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by donprinyo(m): 2:43pm On Oct 03, 2019
sirusX:

A Government for the People Government by the People Government

Dumb ass
Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by globalresource: 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2019
Kellie069:

You believe? So you believe he can't stand against injustice without interior motifs

Sowore is an activist by heart. History has enough evidence

1 Like

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by baratech: 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2019
sammyj:
angry Why did Buhari back then not dissociated himself with Sowore. This is double standard by this government. angry

It's politics... "my enemy's enemy is my friend"

He never expected Buhari will react like this
Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by Christafarian(m): 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
healthserve:
cheesy

Its more than the administration to me even though I knownthus is a sick regime. Its more about the negative energy feuling this individual that worries me.

I had to say, this guy's full of negative energy I'll advice his flowers to be wary of, Just like Asari , El-Rufai and KANU. These guys contain serious colossal amounts of negative energy
Are you ok at all?

So it's your BUHari that is full of positive energy, right? People like you would rather prefer to be a perpetual beggar and slave than being a free citizen. You'll rather remain complacent in your economic misery and woe, while sulking in your closet than speak up. Perhaps you'be been blinded by bigotry and ethnocentricism.

A person like you would have deprecated the daylight out of Nelson Mandela were you to have been a South African during the dark days of Apartheid.

How on earth is Sowore's action a Negative Energy?

8 Likes

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by Enyimbamercedes: 2:53pm On Oct 03, 2019
Shows the difference between a Democracy and a Dictatorship. Between a tolerant leader and a tyrant!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by Roushy(m): 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2019
We should ask ourselves, on what basis does Sowore want revolution? Is it for selfish personal reason or for a better Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by papazizii(m): 2:58pm On Oct 03, 2019
Kellie069:
u don't need to like Sowore,our love for him is enough...we don't need fake love from lazy youths..

4 Likes

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by Reference(m): 2:58pm On Oct 03, 2019
calyto:

One was done abroad

The other, in Nigeria.

Even Jonathan wouldn't have spared him so don't deceive yourself

So if you comitted high crimes, so called treasonable felony in 2012 it becomes null under a new regime several years later when government should be perceived as a continuum or was the DSS not in existence in 2012. Why wasn't he arested the moment he stepped into Nigeria after the Jonathan regime. So serious was his crimes abi that he was allowed to contest Presidential elections under this dispensation.

Shows noting is beyond politics in Nigeria and yet another proof that government is personalised in this country. What amounts to a crime and criminal activity is just what the Head of State desires or perceives it to be at any point in time. It is not about laws, institutions and precedents but about feudalism, what the maxim wants. Nigeria today is shaped in the image of one, at most two men, which means when they step down after 4 years Nigeria's laws are bound to change again.

Nothing good can grow in this wishy-washy weather called 'the Nigerian way of doing stuff'. Pity.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by Cajal(m): 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2019
NKSH:
I guess he has the interest of the people at heart.
..self interest

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by oyeb15: 3:08pm On Oct 03, 2019
the guy is too proud, has little regard for anyday and respect nobody's ideas except his. That not d qualities of a good activist.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
obailala:

No such thing as 'tolerant leaders' in Nigeria. The only reason Sowore wasn't arrested under OBJ and GEJ was because he never stepped foot in Nigeria then, and when he did, he only sneaked in and sneaked out through Cotonou.
You're just a liar! Jonathan never wanted to arrest him because he believed in rule of law. Sowore came to Nigeria for the protest. In fact, he flew to Nigeria always then. He didn't sneak in.

4 Likes

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by Staro: 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2019
You see am?
Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by tunjilee003: 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
olu77:
There is nothing any government can do to break the spirit of a natural activist. It's like a psychological order. Fela, Gani Fawehinmi and others had everything they needed but they fought for the people till they died. Sowore was not fighting Jonathan neither is he fighting Buhari. Sowore is fighting injustice. A foolish government makes an activist known all over the world by responding aggressively.
By the way, if Buhari and his senseless advisers still have their brains working they will remember they only have about 3.5years left to spend behind the rock except there is already a plan to Mugabelise.
pls can you break that mugabelise into a layman term

1 Like

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by calyto: 3:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
Because he made the first statement abroad and made this one at home.

The first one wasn't taken seriously because it was made abroad.

He made a mistake this time grin grin grin grin grin

Yes, he was allowed to contest then because a case wasn't filed against him.

You think nothing good can grow but have you cared to ask the owner of Nairaland if the number of clicks on this platform has reduced or increased?

Reference:

So if you comitted high crimes, so called treasonable felony in 2012 it becomes null under a new regime several years later when government should be perceived as a continuum or was the DSS not in existence in 2012. Why wasn't he arested the moment he stepped into Nigeria after the Jonathan regime. So serious was his crimes abi that he was allowed to contest Presidential elections under this dispensation.

Shows noting is beyond politics in Nigeria and yet another proof that government is personalised in this country. What amounts to a crime and criminal activity is just what the Head of State desires or perceives it to be at any point in time. It is not about laws, institutions and precedents but about feudalism, what the maxim wants. Nigeria today is shaped in the image of one, at most two men, which means when they step down after 4 years Nigeria's laws are bound to change again.

Nothing good can grow in this wishy-washy weather called 'the Nigerian way of doing stuff'. Pity.
Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by PapaBaby: 3:22pm On Oct 03, 2019
olu77:
There is nothing any government can do to break the spirit of a natural activist. It's like a psychological order. Fela, Gani Fawehinmi and others had everything they needed but they fought for the people till they died. Sowore was not fighting Jonathan neither is he fighting Buhari. Sowore is fighting injustice. A foolish government makes an activist known all over the world by responding aggressively.
By the way, if Buhari and his senseless advisers still have their brains working they will remember they only have about 3.5years left to spend behind the rock except there is already a plan to Mugabelise.

Best post I've seen this week, so apt.

4 Likes

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by engrchykae(m): 3:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
healthserve:
cheesy

Its more than the administration to me even though I knownthus is a sick regime. Its more about the negative energy feuling this individual that worries me.

I had to say, this guy's full of negative energy I'll advice his flowers to be wary of, Just like Asari , El-Rufai and KANU. These guys contain serious colossal amounts of negative energy
to every tyrant,opposition means treason.
to every born slave,freedom fighter is the troublemaker.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by brownbib(m): 3:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
Is he now an escapegoat or scapegoat?

1 Like

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2019
Kellie069:

For no reason. You have nothing against him but believe, you believe there is a selfish motive for someone who has been fighting for the betterment of Nigerians for decades. Keep believing.
Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by engrchykae(m): 3:31pm On Oct 03, 2019
obailala:

No such thing as 'tolerant leaders' in Nigeria. The only reason Sowore wasn't arrested under OBJ and GEJ was because he never stepped foot in Nigeria then, and when he did, he only sneaked in and sneaked out through Cotonou.
i disagree with you,obj have a way of denying some kind of people the attention they crave.
boko haram craved for attention under obj but he snubbed them,but if obj decides to respond to you,its only God that will save you.
gej on his part wont touch you or reply you,the likes of ruben abati and doyin okupe will gladly take you to the cleaners on gej's behalf.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by obailala(m): 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2019
Mandeyy:
You're just a liar! Jonathan never wanted to arrest him because he believed in rule of law. Sowore came to Nigeria for the protest. In fact, he flew to Nigeria always then. He didn't sneak in.
No I'm not a liar, rather you're being either a child, suffering from intentional amnesia, or you just weren't aware of political happenings in Nigeria prior to 2015 (your kind are plenty on this forum these days).

By the way please provide any evidence you can of Sowore stepping into Nigeria for any protest between 1999 and 2015. It's repulsive when people just cook up baseless statements from thin air simply because they want to force an argument.

Meanwhile, I dont even need to search to dig up stories like this; unfortunately like I said, a lot of people commenting on Nairaland these days were only 'born' in 2015.
https://www.pri.org/stories/2013-04-09/nigerian-journalists-detained-after-story-president-goodluck-jonathan

1 Like

Re: Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) by obailala(m): 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2019
engrchykae:
i disagree with you,obj have a way of denying some kind of people the attention they crave.
boko haram craved for attention under obj but he snubbed them,but if obj decides to respond to you,its only God that will save you.
gej on his part wont touch you or reply you,the likes of ruben abati and doyin okupe will gladly take you to the cleaners on gej's behalf.
Bokoharam started becoming 'bokoharam' in 2009. They may have existed as a little harmless sect or prayer group prior to 2009, but it was in July 2009 that they perpetrated their first act of public disorder. So I'm not sure I understand where you got your OBJ link from; how do people just manufacture baseless stories and logic from thin air? undecided

Meanwhile regarding GEJ, so many of you making these comments here were either just unaware of political happenings prior to 2015, or you just chose to develop amnesia. I dont need to start digging through Google to bring up cases of arrests and clampdown of media houses.
https://www.pri.org/stories/2013-04-09/nigerian-journalists-detained-after-story-president-goodluck-jonathan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Junaid Mohammed: Nigeria Will Never Know Peace If Buhari, APC Remain In Power / I Have Been Doing Odd Jobs So I Can Invest Into My Music Career - Ozonna Soludo / Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.