Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,754 members, 7,831,418 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) (71545 Views)

BBNaija: Thelma And Waje Lookalike - Fans (Photos) / Simi Is Pregnant, Rocking Baby Bump - Fans (Photos) / Success Mobbed In Lagos, Signs Endorsement Deal, Appeared On AY Live Show (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by sinceraconcept(m): 7:50am On Oct 09, 2019
salt1:

Are those your definitions of wealth? Must he own those things? Are they his priorities?

For a 26 year old Nigerian boy, Davido is doing well. This decision to settle down has endeared him to more people and that's good for his professional life
To some people, you have to have those stuffs to be considered living that life, other things you consider as end of luxury and possession are child's play they've already been having since they were teenagers. I'm not talking about his age. Since you were acting like it has never happened before for a 26 year old guy to achieve what he has achieved. Zuckerberg was 23 or so when he became a dollar billionaire and one of the 100 richest people on earth under the age of 25 and Americans were not saying "Yay,no be the same head I get this guy get? " Davido has actually tried for his age and that's what you should have said and not treat him like God. Life is all about levels and the way each individual adds value to the world. He also has some people he looks up to and humble to. Instead of thinking you can never get rich or that you're not destined to be as rich or richer than Davido,why not just concentrate on what you do or do you think you can't make it in life again? Some people are not as rich but have surpassed him in terms of achievement and imparting in people's lives, like the girl that busted that Lecturer for example should be around Davido's age but she has surpassed Davido in terms of achievement because what she did is potentially beneficial to every woman that is aspiring to go to higher institution,but,I know it won't be anything to you since you Nigerians see wealth only as the ultimate success in this world and see other achievements as nothing. Davido's music and endorsement is only beneficial to himself and his family, if hin no sing, another person go sing.
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by sinceraconcept(m): 7:53am On Oct 09, 2019
Budline1:

Sure, our naija artistes have more fame than money. That is what ppl don't realize. Davido is rich but still not very rich.
Exactly bro, that guy has turned to vegetable and thinks he can't be anything in life because of Davido's show off. Nigerian artists have fame Nathan money. Yes, he's rich but not very rich or super rich but that guy that commented must think Davidobis truly has 30 billion in his account

1 Like

Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by sinceraconcept(m): 7:54am On Oct 09, 2019
LedRock:
All these things you mentioned are not essential to life.
They're very essential to some because they have already been having what you consider as ultimate luxury and possession since they were teenagers
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by Wickedtruths: 7:59am On Oct 09, 2019
teebaxy:
you be mumu , davido will conveniently buy your mother , your father and your entire generation without feeling it

I don't suffer from the generational poverty afflicting your unfortunate family.

If your parents are worth less than plantain chips, that's your unfortunate luck. Go and sell them on jiji.
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by Wickedtruths: 8:00am On Oct 09, 2019
akinsuraj:
see over sabi lawyer, it is Noll and void so u sabi law like this u no fit defend Sowore nonsense

Null, and not noll.

What was your father doing when others were training their children in school?
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by dangoteinlaw: 8:03am On Oct 09, 2019
ScotMisile:
This is to my unborn child to let you know I love you. ..
...Just in case I never get an holla to my unborn child.
.. or are we just cursed to be street thugs, what can be worse

To my unborn child… / To my unborn child / In case I don’t make it / Just remember, Daddy loves you / Now ever since my birth, I've been …

Tupac still inspires all niggaz
pac was a prophet, no doubt. Even till date his lyrics still leaves me in aww

1 Like

Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by salt1: 8:04am On Oct 09, 2019
sinceraconcept:
To some people, you have to have those stuffs to be considered living that life, other things you consider as end of luxury and possession are child's play they've already been having since they were teenagers. I'm not talking about his age. Since you were acting like it has never happened before for a 26 year old guy to achieve what he has achieved. Zuckerberg was 23 or so when he became a dollar billionaire and one of the 100 richest people on earth under the age of 25 and Americans were not saying "Yay,no be the same head I get this guy get? " Davido has actually tried for his age and that's what you should have said and not treat him like God. Life is all about levels and the way each individual adds value to the world. He also has some people he looks up to and humble to. Instead of thinking you can never get rich or that you're not destined to be as rich or richer than Davido,why not just concentrate on what you do or do you think you can't make it in life again? Some people are not as rich but have surpassed him in terms of achievement and imparting in people's lives, like the girl that busted that Lecturer for example should be around Davido's age but she has surpassed Davido in terms of achievement because what she did is potentially beneficial to every woman that is aspiring to go to higher institution,but,I know it won't be anything to you since you Nigerians see wealth only as the ultimate success in this world and see other achievements as nothing. Davido's music and endorsement is only beneficial to himself and his family, if hin no sing, another person go sing.

Me treating Davido like God? It's good that it's an anonymous forum. You have no idea who you're talking to.
Thanks all the same for making me smile. It's refreshing
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by crafteck(m): 8:08am On Oct 09, 2019
tfash96:
What if God wants to prove it to u and ur sex scanner that He's still unpredictable God and u give birth to twin girls

Would be lovely

1 Like

Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by crafteck(m): 8:09am On Oct 09, 2019
Wickedtruths:
The contract is null and void. David signed it because he lacks sense.

The performer of the contract (the unborn child) is not YET a juristic person. Hence, can't be bound by the terms of performance. This is not a beneficial gift, it is a contract which requires performance.

Secondly, in Igbo traditional culture, a man doesn't own the child until he has paid the necessary traditional marriage rites over the mother. This is different from Yoruba culture where a man owns the child irrespective of whether he's married to the mother or not.

I don't know the idiotic lawyers advising David, but I know any rookie lawyer would get this contract thrown out.

We r talking legal, you de yan tradition, which carries more water?
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by Budline1(m): 8:10am On Oct 09, 2019
sinceraconcept:
Exactly bro, that guy has turned to vegetable and thinks he can't be anything in life because of Davido's show off. Nigerian artists have fame Nathan money. Yes, he's rich but not very rich or super rich but that guy that commented must think Davidobis truly has 30 billion in his account

LOL. Exactly o. Music money goes as it comes.. Ppl can do the math, they get money from shows, tours and sometimes endorsements, wouldn't they spend on flight, hotels, payback investors, record label crews, luxurious things to maintain a certain look, and other necessities of life. At the end of the day, what is left isn't that much. If a whole Bow wow and JD could go broke despite how they made their monies in Millions of dollars, who are Nigerian artistes? Music is a hustle and you must always trend and make hits back to back to maintain the lifestyle. They are simply over rated.
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by Mruwa1(m): 8:16am On Oct 09, 2019
babadeee:
Nawa those people go just dey make person think angry angry As if no be this same head we carry come world
or nor be d same God create us

1 Like

Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by capitalzero: 8:50am On Oct 09, 2019
tfash96:
What if God wants to prove it to u and ur sex scanner that He's still unpredictable God and u give birth to twin girls

God does not do crazy thing. There are laws of nature that God has put in place. Even God will not break his law
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by sinceraconcept(m): 8:51am On Oct 09, 2019
[ the celebrity would be broke,the luckiest ones that have been extremely paid and still really reigning in a place like America would remain a millionaire. No succesquote author=Budline1 post=82972537]

LOL. Exactly o. Music money goes as it comes.. Ppl can do the math, they get money from shows, tours and sometimes endorsements, wouldn't they spend on flight, hotels, payback investors, record label crews, luxurious things to maintain a certain look, and other necessities of life. At the end of the day, what is left isn't that much. If a whole Bow wow and JD could go broke despite how they made their monies in Millions of dollars, who are Nigerian artistes? Music is a hustle and you must always trend and make hits back to back to maintain the lifestyle. They are simply over rated. [/quote]Celebrity lifestyle is the most expensive thing to maintain. No celebrity, be it actor, musician or athlete is worth up to $2 billion dollar but no business man that's a dollar billionaire started his business with up to 10% of what most of these successful celebs earn. Some dollar billionaire businessmen even started with not up to 0.001% of what some celebs earn and 20 years after,the business man would be a dollar billionaire butsful celeb must wear a cloth twice,cekeb has to come out with different cars, first class flight, 5 star hotels for himself and his entourage, etc
Business life needs prudence, willingness to live humble, accountability,being less extravagant,etc but celeb life is opposite of all these. A celeb has no business in being prudent, must be extravagant,limited time for accountability,etc. Celebs spend the money as it comes but business men reinvest the money as it comes.

1 Like

Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 8:54am On Oct 09, 2019
Wickedtruths:
The contract is null and void. David signed it because he lacks sense.

The performer of the contract (the unborn child) is not YET a juristic person. Hence, can't be bound by the terms of performance. This is not a beneficial gift, it is a contract which requires performance.

Secondly, in Igbo traditional culture, a man doesn't own the child until he has paid the necessary traditional marriage rites over the mother. This is different from Yoruba culture where a man owns the child irrespective of whether he's married to the mother or not.

I don't know the idiotic lawyers advising David, but I know any rookie lawyer would get this contract thrown out.

Igbo traditional culture don't mean $hit in the eyes of the law

the supreme court has nullified all that in previous rulings

If you get an igbo woman PREGNANT
You have as much rights to the kid as she does

And this is coming from an igbo man
In 2019, just try that shenanigan and see what follows

let's see how that child will travel out of the country
or do anything meaningful
without the child's father reigning in.

As for the contract, we all know David likes publicity too much

1 Like

Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 8:55am On Oct 09, 2019
crafteck:

We r talking legal, you de yan tradition, which carries more water?
leave him
He does not know how the world operates in 2019
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 8:59am On Oct 09, 2019
sinceraconcept:
There are many things he can't get if he wants. I He can't get a megayacht, he can't buy a small isle in Palm Island and archipelagos of Dubai,he can't buy a floor on Trump Tower,He can't buy a 767 Gulfstream,not even his father can, he can't buy a Pablo Picasso painting, he can't buy a Michelangelo or Leornado Davinci artwork and many more things

but what the adeleke family can buy

98% of humanity can't
that should count for something
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 9:02am On Oct 09, 2019
Wickedtruths:

Easiest way, marry the mother.

There is a limit to how far money can help, especially if the mother get craze. Remember Sophie stopped this same Davido at the airport from travelling out with Imade while she was an infant.

That is the same way Davido can stop chioma child from travelling out if she or her family does anyhow

Both parents must sign.

now assuming one want to practice that barbaric culture of sidelining one's father

And the father takes the case up big time

You really think the mother or the child will have peace?
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 9:04am On Oct 09, 2019
Acidosis:

You're highly ignorant. Do you know the content of the contract?

Haven't you seen people buy land, invest and open bank account for an unborn child? It's called transfer of ownership. That's why Davido is signing the contract, not the child. A little child can't sign a contract anyway, so what's the fuss about?

As per the Igbo tradition, it is called tradition for a reason, not legally binding terms.

I'm surprised a man that appears to know a lot about legal contracts can't rationalize the weight of traditions. That tradition like others in your land or any other land is useless as far as the law is concerned.

A man is the father of a child whether your ancestors approve or not. And Davido got as much access and rights to his son as Chioma whether bride price is paid or not. Don't let your tradition make a mess of the knowledge acquired in your school. Your forefathers, like mine, were stark and reckless illiterates.

don't mind him
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by christee(f): 9:09am On Oct 09, 2019
she will carry it to full term, that baby will be born

KingAzubuike:
What if chioma has a still birth or miscarriage.

1 Like

Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:18am On Oct 09, 2019
So the UNBORN kid is already richer than many long-ago-born Nairalanders... grin grin grin

Anyway, here’s wishing safe delivery for mother and child.
>
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:19am On Oct 09, 2019
christee:
she will carry it to full term, that baby will be born

...Amen!
>
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by sinceraconcept(m): 9:24am On Oct 09, 2019
Ugosample:

but what the adeleke family can buy

98% of humanity can't
that should count for something
Same with my family,my family can buy 98% of what humanity can't buy. We thank God for that
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 09, 2019
safindakas:
man b acting as if d are God. what if? pls dnt quote me cos I didn't say anytin oooo!
What if what? Bad Belle!
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:32am On Oct 09, 2019
Budline1:
LOL. Exactly o. Music money goes as it comes.. Ppl can do the math, they get money from shows, tours and sometimes endorsements, wouldn't they spend on flight, hotels, payback investors, record label crews, luxurious things to maintain a certain look, and other necessities of life. At the end of the day, what is left isn't that much. If a whole Bow wow and JD could go broke despite how they made their monies in Millions of dollars, who are Nigerian artistes? Music is a hustle and you must always trend and make hits back to back to maintain the lifestyle. They are simply over rated.

Anybody can go broke, not just musicians...
Even Trump filed for bankruptcy several times.

Meanwhile, while Bow Wow and ‘em may earn their monies in dollars...
They also spend such monies in dollars and have the IRS to deal with. Naija musicians mostly spend tax-free Naira!

Just be happy for others’ success. What these dudes have achieved is actually remarkable...
And quite often people who cannot acknowledge/respect the success of others rarely become successful themselves.

>
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 9:44am On Oct 09, 2019
sinceraconcept:
Same with my family,my family can buy 98% of what humanity can't buy. We thank God for that

that's good

You should feel blessed
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2019
sinceraconcept:
Celebrity lifestyle is the most expensive thing to maintain. No celebrity, be it actor, musician or athlete is worth up to $2 billion dollar but no business man that's a dollar billionaire started his business with up to 10% of what most of these successful celebs earn. Some dollar billionaire businessmen even started with not up to 0.001% of what some celebs earn and 20 years after,the business man would be a dollar billionaire butsful celeb must wear a cloth twice,cekeb has to come out with different cars, first class flight, 5 star hotels for himself and his entourage, etc
Business life needs prudence, willingness to live humble, accountability,being less extravagant,etc but celeb life is opposite of all these. A celeb has no business in being prudent, must be extravagant,limited time for accountability,etc. Celebs spend the money as it comes but business men reinvest the money as it comes.

Oprah Winfrey is worth well over $2 billion... shocked

Even 21-year-old Kylie Jenner is already a billionaire. Meanwhile, if you count Dotard Trump as a billionaire businessman, then suffice it to point out that he started off with several hundreds of millions of dollars from his father, and if you count him as an entertainer he would be another entertainer reputedly worth more than $2 billion (if you believe him). Either way, you are comparing apples with oranges.

Meanwhile m you should know that a lot of those clothes, and other perks (private jets, hotels, etc.) are actually COMPED! And if paid for, can be written off as a business expense. It’s not necessarily an extravagant lifestyle that impoverishes celebrity but TERRIBLE investments.
>
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by Ejjis(m): 9:47am On Oct 09, 2019
seunmohmoh:
I will do more for my unborn children.

I LOVE YOU
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:55am On Oct 09, 2019
sinceraconcept:

Dude, there were at least 2 others who have already done same - the girl at OAU Ife and the girl at Unilorin...
Please quit pettily pitting people’s success against others. Different people contribute positively to the world in different ways.
>
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 10:00am On Oct 09, 2019
Wickedtruths:
What I typed is pure legal experience which shows the invalidity of the contract. You can't know this because your parents failed to provide you with proper education.

Davido can't sign endorsement for his living daughters, it's the unborn one he is signing for? Signing a contract to be performed by one yet to be born.
What of Chioma's endorsement, cooking show and Porsche?
His Jet nko?
Mumus like you swallowed the lies.

You're a big fool and if you can't have sense at your age, you're a hopeless creature.

Er...who do you think sign contracts for child actors? shocked
>
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 10:03am On Oct 09, 2019
Nevergree:
Babe how far nau?

I know you will like Davido because he's not a broke nigga.

I just just dey pray make Yahoo boys no use your pant for money because your love for rich niggas no be here o.

You got all of that just from “Congrats”?
Broke Nigerian men and their misogynistic bitterness.
cheesy
>
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 10:09am On Oct 09, 2019
tfash96:

Don’t baby girls wear diapers? shocked
>
Re: Davido Signs Endorsement Deal For His Son, Gets Mobbed By Fans (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 10:13am On Oct 09, 2019
Wickedtruths:
Twin girls.

And the twin girls would now be albinos.

Nothing wrong with albinos...
In fact, we had albino models walk the runway at both Arise and GTB fashion weeks.
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fans Slam Beverly Osu Over Open Chest Outfit (Photos) / Tacha Ends Her Managerial Relationship With Teebillz. Teebillz Reacts / Prince Kpokpogri Reacts To Leaked Audio Of Tonto Dikeh Begging Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.