Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant (57082 Views)

Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. / Please I Need A Clear-cut 'user Review' Of The AfriOne Gravity Z1 Phone. / Afrione 2-in-1 Tablet (the Local Android Phone Review) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by seangy4konji: 9:43am On Oct 09, 2019
Please leyavhearbword. This is 2019.there are over 500 k assembly plant a in China...in South Africa over 200k assembly plants..ita just a place where already finished products are coupled together..

Just like the garri plant behind my house.. They put garri in bag or that place in its where they assemble Biro...

It's just a place to assemble.. Nothing spectacular.

It can be assemble even in my room.
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Lexusgs430: 9:44am On Oct 09, 2019
Depressed101:
baba o, which umipepper be this triple camera

Triple is Umidigi A5 Pro...... Umidigi also has quad camera setup now......
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by pacespot(m): 9:46am On Oct 09, 2019
I hope they can have the discipline to maintain it.

But my question is, where is the marginal benefit of this kind of development project lies: Nigeria or the foreign owner of the company?
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Depressed101: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Triple is Umidigi A5 Pro...... Umidigi also has quad camera setup now......

I'm not talking about a5 pro, nor F2 z I mean this one you posted
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Ilochukwuka: 9:54am On Oct 09, 2019
Carmit:
The problem is have you seen any one with 'AfriOne' smartphones??

I heard about this company about a year ago and till now I haven't seen the phone

It's sad cos I don't want this to die like some other companies have
If you are truly a Nigerian in Nigeria you would have seen that all Npower gadgets are made by AfriOne.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Damod88: 10:01am On Oct 09, 2019
IamCharles123:

Its an assembly plant, they might get contract from other phone company to assemble phone. That's how its been done in china, foxconn has the largest phone assembly plant in the world but have u seen any phone name foxconn b4?
They assemble iphone, samsung and other product and they have their product too but its not popular.

The company does not assemble for either techno or any other brand. Afrione is the brand and the owners of the company are Indians. I have been to their assembly plant.
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Damod88: 10:05am On Oct 09, 2019
MobilityExpress:
The FG will tax them to death, just wait and see.

You know nothing. The company biggest customer is the federal government. Without the federal government, Afrione will have ceased doing business long.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by grandstar(m): 10:21am On Oct 09, 2019
Carmit:

I heard about this company about a year ago and till now I haven't seen the phone

Even Afrihalf, we never see grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by bigmee: 10:44am On Oct 09, 2019
Another bunch of scraps from China
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by ThisIsOutlaw: 10:55am On Oct 09, 2019
deji17:
Inside Nigeria’s first smartphone assembly plant

The fact that AfriOne range of smartphones are said to be the “first Nigerian-made smartphones”, is true to a certain extent. The assembly plant located along the Oshodi Expressway of Lagos state assembles smartphones and other devices from imported components.

The AfriOne assembly plant was launched with the Champion and Gravity range of smartphones but will produce more consumer devices and accessories.

I feel that should come up with a better name, you know something fancy, something that attracts ear. I'll definitely buy and flaunt as long as its good

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Solsix(m): 11:13am On Oct 09, 2019
miketayo:

How much is it
I bought the champion pro 24,500

1 Like

Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Solsix(m): 11:15am On Oct 09, 2019
Dreadful:
Will soon die naturally like TSTV��
Nigerians are very wicked
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by bonnyb(m): 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2019
This is afrione... Npower beneficiaries have.. not all ok.. but it depends on the type you selected.

Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Lexusgs430: 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2019
Depressed101:
I'm not talking about a5 pro, nor F2 z I mean this one you posted

You mean the Umidigi Power 3........
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2019
You go market for the phone before u no Kong see am? Funny nigerians.

The phone go wake kom meet you for your house?

Please, you guys should stop those stupid statements, is already getting annoying.
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Jonah507(m): 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2019
Carmit:

I currently have their 2in1 transformer tablet which is super good.
Afrione for everyone!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Depressed101: 12:32pm On Oct 09, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You mean the Umidigi Power 3........
yes
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Lexusgs430: 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2019
Depressed101:
yes

Umidigi power has 5 cameras (4 back & 1 front)......
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Unie30: 12:56pm On Oct 09, 2019
Nice one. Go Naija.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by NonFarmPayrol: 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2019
Lexusgs430:
We still dey wait........ In the interim, we keep enjoying wetin Umidigi dey offer us.....

Umidigi F2.... About to launch...... Or Umidigi Power 3.....

this one na smart camera

no be phone again
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by oluwanimoduroty: 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2019
Carmit:

my mum owns one and it's nice, she's been using it for the past one years without visit to the engineer and just gave it to my younger brother yesterday

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Olamsoh: 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2019
how much and were did u buy it?
Solsix:

Am using the phone, the phone is strong, the battery life is ok and is durable. The model am using is champion pro. They have other models

1 Like

Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by tck2000(m): 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2019
Nice..Meanwhile,is Konga still existing?
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Masterboi(m): 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2019
Person money go finish for latest phone oooh. May God help us. �������
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by piagbara: 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2019
Carmit:

First i must applaud this effort and i hope they forcus into more creative ventures.
The no of used phones flooding the market( lonfon or Naija use) is not a small deal and the above product i must confess is nothing to talk about the only thing it has is a good battery life , its painful the country sinks in money (maybe some Billions) into such unneeded projects, talk about good motorable roads(exclude lagos and abuja) and viable train system talkless of electric train. I believe these money wasted on such projects can be used better. We get there someday sha.
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by medexico(m): 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2019
Carmit:

Some of these phones were given to NPower beneficiaries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by ststyreal(f): 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2019
Carmit:

It's sad cos I don't want this to diej like some other companies have
Yes I am using one now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Omeizadean(m): 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2019
Mekanus:
The tablet they produced for Npower didn't last a month in the hands of the beneficiaries.

Yo u re wrong bro. My kid sis is still using hers. I must confess its very decent and operate smoothly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Solsix(m): 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2019
Olamsoh:
how much and were did u buy it?
Slot nnewi office, 24500 then
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Flytime: 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2019
Carmit:

They have phones on jumia,budg bu phones like itel

1 Like

Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by IamCharles123: 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2019
Damod88:

I said they might get contract to assemble any other product, i did say they do assemble other product. That's one reason of building an assembly plant, to get contract to assemble other people's design, like what foxcon is doing.

The company does not assemble for either techno or any other brand. Afrione is the brand and the owners of the company are Indians. I have been to their assembly plant.
Re: Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant by Ugwustanley206(m): 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2019
Carmit:

I have one
It's not a bad gadget though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Etisalat Reviews Data Bundle- Increases Price Of Data / What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked / Etisalat Surprise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.