Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,627 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

"niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. (10762 Views)

James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" / Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2010
after reading this from https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-298274.32.html#msg4212324

Dede1:

Sometimes Becomerich displays a degree of intellect or lack thereof. I duff my hats for Yoruba peeps on matters of recorded events but the antics of one Nairaland regular called Becomerich are destroying the literally repute of this group of people.

The idea of Niger Delta was formulated by Royal Niger Company and later carved into dioceses by the Anglican Church under the auspices of Christ Missionary Society. It is asinine to mention the name of Adaka Boro as the originator of Niger Delta. When Isaac Adaka Boro was still a student, NDC has been contesting electoral seats in both Brass and River provinces.

In fact, the so-called Niger Delta is a misnomer and does not exist. River Niger and River Benue joined at Lokoja and gave rise to River Benue-Niger. Found in the delta basin or the estuaries formed by Benue-Niger, Imo, Anambra, Orashi and Utamiri Rivers included such states as Bayelsa, Rivers, Imo, Abia, Akwa Ibom and part of Delta. Also, the largest part of Delta State is situated in the delta formed by Rivers Forcados and Escravos. Both Edo and Ondo States have absolutely nothing to do with delta formed by rivers listed above.

The current Niger Delta crap was created by the cock-suckers who are bent on dying for the crude oil, had already perpetrated and fought a civil war in the jungle called Nigeria.

Guys what do you think? is this idea of niger delta all crap as dede says it is?
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by Beaf: 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2010
Don't you have thoughts of your own? If such exist, let us know them, instead of glibly quoting something another NLer said on another thread and asking what we think. What do you think and why?
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 05, 2010
yes i have thoughts about it. but why do u have to be so rude? abeg leave me jor.
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by Beaf: 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2010
makeitsoon:

yes i have thoughts about it. but why do u have to be so rude? abeg leave me jor.

Ok, apologies, don't be annoyed. Can we hear your thoughts?
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by naijaking1: 6:33pm On Nov 05, 2010
Like Dede1 said in his write up, there was nothing like "Niger-Delta" before the discovery of oil. We had eastern Nigeria, Midwestern and western Nigeria. It's true.
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by Beaf: 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2010
naijaking1:

Like Dede1 said in his write up, there was nothing like "Niger-Delta" before the discovery of oil. We had eastern Nigeria, Midwestern and western Nigeria. It's true.

So what was River Niger called before the discovery of oil? Thats the new mystery. Or was it not there? Did the discovery of oil create it too?
The other mystery is if it was called Niger River before oil was discovered, and of course if a it had a delta at the time or that only grew one after the discovery of oil. Strange if it did.

On the other hand, Delta, Bayelsa, Anambra, Imo, Abia, Ebonyi etc are entities that can easily be proven not to have existed before the discovery of oil. Would you think anybody maintaining that they are artificial is being reasonable?
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2010
Was there anything like ND during the military days ? ND was coined when the agitation for resource control came up during the obj regime to cause problem among the oil producing states.OMPADEC has always taken care of that status of oil-producing areas which the ND went ahead to make some oil producing states more important that the others.ND is a 21st century thing !
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by IVORY2009(m): 7:49pm On Nov 05, 2010
False "okiripoponode oghene bu wen"
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by EzeUche0(m): 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2010
Oil has always been flowing through the Niger Delta. If it wasn't crude oil, then it was Palm oil.
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by becomrich4: 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2010
So if i say so. there is no oil in cross river state and abia state. look at this picture,  Is it a Yoruba who is president or ijaw person, 

so are you telling me one niger delta is more equal then others.

Isaac boro created a movement of niger delta for the ijaw people.
Asari dokubo state the movement to fight for Ijaw people
Edward clark is also fighting for ijaw people. What does that tell you.  Do you see itsekiri man in this equal or do you see Edo man in this equal? or is Uhrobo in this calculation?  NO.

It is the movement of for ijaw people. And some people are body mugu,

I have no respect for people or who do not believe all men are born equal.

Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2010
The Nd concept is nothing but a fraud.if not,what makes delta state more Nd than Edo state ? Because ijaw no plenty for edo abi ?
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by Beaf: 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2010
~Bluetooth:

The Nd concept is nothing but a fraud.if not,what makes delta state more Nd than Edo state ? Because ijaw no plenty for edo abi ?

I would have said, you mean Obasanjo's ND concept is a fraud, but you clearly have no concept of what the Niger Delta is.
To answer your question about what makes Delta state more ND than Edo? Duh! The very name "Delta state" should tell you!
Next time, look at your map.
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by EzeUche0(m): 9:35pm On Nov 05, 2010
People need to understand what a delta is.

A delta is a landform that is formed at the mouth of a river where that river flows into an ocean, sea, estuary, lake, reservoir, flat arid area, or another river.

Only Delta, a small part of Rivers and completely Bayelsa State can be considered the Niger Delta. The groups that make up the real Niger Delta is Itsekiri, Urhobo, Ijaw, Isoko and Ukwuani (Igbo).

Now if you want to talk about oil, you can find oil, in Delta, Ondo, Rivers, Bayelsa, Abia, Imo, Akwa Ibom, and Cross River and soon it will be Anambra since oil has been found in that region. The oil that is Alaigbo has not been tapped to its full potential.
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by Ikengawo: 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2010
wow. nigeria's education system is really failing,
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by EzeUche0(m): 9:40pm On Nov 05, 2010
Beaf:

I would have said, you mean Obasanjo's ND concept is a fraud, but you clearly have no concept of what the Niger Delta is.
To answer your question about what makes Delta state more ND than Edo? Duh! The very name "Delta state" should tell you!

You are correct. The Niger River empties into the Atlantic Ocean through Delta State and Bayelsa State. The Niger River empties out around towns like Igbematoru and Okunbiri.
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by chyz(m): 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2010
The Image of the delta(Not talking about a "Region"wink:

Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by EzeUche0(m): 9:55pm On Nov 05, 2010
This is the proper image of the Niger Delta.

Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by aljharem(m): 9:59pm On Nov 05, 2010
why do u ppl what to undermine nigerdelta

at op

niger/delta exist, and after 1999, nigerdelta became a geo-political zone
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 05, 2010
Beaf:

What makes ND ? Is it the topography,the oil,agitation for resource control or the monthly federal allocation ?
like i said,the ND thing started during the obj regime by some people who only wanted to make some oil-producing areas more important than others and such happens to be the ijaw areas.Why did we not hear of ND during Abacha regime ?
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by EzeUche0(m): 10:03pm On Nov 05, 2010
alj harem:

why do u ppl what to undermine nigerdelta

at op

niger/delta exist, and after 1999, nigerdelta became a geo-political zone

The Niger Delta has always existed even before man arrived on this planet. The Niger Delta is where the mouth of the Niger River meets the Atlantic ocean. Do you understand that?

That is the the true Niger Delta. Only the Ijaw, Itsekiri, Ukwuani (Igbo), Isoko and Urhobo can claim the Niger Delta.
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by aljharem(m): 10:08pm On Nov 05, 2010
EzeUche0:

The Niger Delta has always existed even before man arrived on this planet. The Niger Delta is where the mouth of the Niger River meets the Atlantic ocean. Do you understand that?

That is the the true Niger Delta. Only the Ijaw, Itsekiri, Ukwuani (Igbo), Isoko and Urhobo can claim the Niger Delta.

no, no, no ezeuche u have eye problem

who said it did not exist

i said it is now a geo-political zone after 1999 election

Bukata ga likita
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2010
EzeUche0:

Each of this group have their history as an individual group.how do their history make up the ND ?
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by naijaking1: 10:31pm On Nov 05, 2010
Beaf:

So what was River Niger called before the discovery of oil? Thats the new mystery. Or was it not there? Did the discovery of oil create it too?
The other mystery is if it was called Niger River before oil was discovered, and of course if a it had a delta at the time or that only grew one after the discovery of oil. Strange if it did.

On the other hand, Delta, Bayelsa, Anambra, Imo, Abia, Ebonyi etc are entities that can easily be proven not to have existed before the discovery of oil. Would you think anybody maintaining that they are artificial is being reasonable?

You know there's "Niger Delta" and there's Niger Delta.
I'm not talking about the delta as a geophysical entity, and I'm talking about "Niger Delta"--the one founded on lies, misconceptions, and fraud sad
You know what I mean, the one created by Ijaw people and misnamed to include ALL places where oil is found in Nigeria.
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by Beaf: 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2010
naijaking1:

You know there's "Niger Delta" and there's Niger Delta.
I'm not talking about the delta as a geophysical entity, and I'm talking about "Niger Delta"--the one founded on lies, misconceptions, and fraud sad
You know what I mean, the one created by Ijaw people and misnamed to include ALL places where oil is found in Nigeria.

I don't know of any Niger Delta created by Ijaw people (except in la-la land). The only person that can be accused of creating another version of the Niger Delta other than that supported by geography is Obasanjo, or did Ijaws create River Niger too?
I grew up in the Niger Delta, was taught about it in school and it has always been very real to me.

Every book I have read places Warri in the Niger Delta, maybe you people just don't read books. I wonder if you contest whether your state and village exist, or if they were created by almighty Ijaws too?

Tribal supremacists never know when their words cross the line.
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by chyz(m): 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2010
Ok just a quick question.So what happens if you're land is in the ND or nor in the ND? I think im missing something here.
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by Beaf: 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2010
~Bluetooth:

[s]What makes ND ? Is it the topography,the oil,agitation for resource control or the monthly federal allocation ?
like i said,the ND thing started during the obj regime by some people who only wanted to make some oil-producing areas more important than others and such happens to be the ijaw areas.[/s]Why did we not hear of ND during Abacha regime ?

Because of ignorance.
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by becomrich4: 11:06pm On Nov 05, 2010
you see how small the ijaws people are. they would remove all of them from the surface of the earth, any ijaw for you try your niger delta republic. it is impossible.

2. where is your passport to travel and buy weapon. your leader in south africa. is seeking political refuges status. what it means is, he can not travel back to nigeria.

Even we that can travel around the world. we know how difficult this thing are.

You, I once travel from  canada some years ago and went to ethiope and i can tell you war is not a good thing. If you want to leave nigeria, your only option is benin republic. You have passport, you are better of carrying benin republic passport and become citizen of benin republic, than an invisible niger delta republic, if not you better manage your nigeria passport for the rest of your life.  You can see delta state and it tell you where delta state must go. Benin republic.

If you like, you remain nigeria. When we leave, make una use una niger delta passport travel to england or the USA.  and see if you would not be arrested. You see, you have to first save your own head first before you fight for jonathan. Jonathan na millionaire. He done make money . You look for your own safety first. your life or jonathan jobs.? pick one,  let me see how you would use niger delta passport travel.

e offer awon oke oya ni ke ni, ki won je ki e lo si benin republic. Pastor adeboye can not wake up a dead man. Go and ask him. ? he would tell you so or can mike adenuga money wake up your brothers and sisters. he will run and leave you in nigeria??  it is business, you tell the north put us in benin republic,. we give you too presidency. after they sign paper, you run.

let me see how you would use niger delta passport travel. no come join us for benin republic. they shout niger delta. When they arrest you for london airport or new york airport with niger delta passport, then you go remember me. Make una cut edo,delta and Yoruba comot. Delta state no be niger delta . They want benin republic passport. if not na nigeria passport forerver, they do not want to remain in nigeria. they  know fit  take niger delta passport travel.  delta state do not want invisible niger delta passport. intead of cutting yourself with us. you dey talk niger delta. na naija una go die put and malo go control una. if una no join benin republic.

Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by chyz(m): 11:08pm On Nov 05, 2010
becomrich4:

you see how small the ijaws people are. they would remove all of them from the surface of the earth, any ijaw for you try your niger delta republic. it is impossible.

2. where is your passport to travel and buy weapon. your leader in south africa. is seeking political refuges status. what it means is, he can not travel back to nigeria.

Even we that can travel around the world. we know how difficult this thing are.

You, I once travel from canada some years ago and went to ethiope and i can tell you war is not a good thing. If you want to leave nigeria, your only option is benin republic. You have passport, you are better of carrying benin republic passport and become citizen of benin republic, than an invisible niger delta republic, if not you better manage your nigeria passport for the rest of your life. You can see delta state and it tell you where delta state must go. Benin republic.

If you like, you remain nigeria. When we leave, make una use una niger delta passport travel to england or the USA. and see if you would not be arrested. You see, you have to first save your own head first before you fight for jonathan. Jonathan na millionaire. He done make money . You look for your own safety first. your life or jonathan jobs.? pick one, let me see how you would use niger delta passport travel.

e offer awon oke oya ni ke ni, ki won je ki e lo si benin republic. Pastor adeboye can not wake up a dead man. Go and ask him. ? he would tell you so or can mike adenuga money wake up your brothers and sisters. he will run and leave you in nigeria?? it is business, you tell the north put us in benin republic,. we give you too presidency. after they sign paper, you run.

let me see how you would use niger delta passport travel. no come join us for benin republic. they shout niger delta. When they arrest you for london airport or new york airport with niger delta passport, then you go remember me. Make una cut edo,delta and Yoruba comot. Delta state no be niger delta . They want benin republic passport. if not na nigeria passport forerver, they do not want to remain in nigeria. they know fit take niger delta passport travel. delta state do not want invisible niger delta passport. intead of cutting yourself with us. you dey talk niger delta. na naija una go die put and malo go control una. if una no join benin republic.

You think you are slick. like i said before Alj haram=beccomerich. as soon as he signed off you came on.Stop trying to spread propaganda angry
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by becomrich4: 11:11pm On Nov 05, 2010
who is Alj haram?
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by Beaf: 11:21pm On Nov 05, 2010
becomrich4:

who is Alj haram?

Dude, why don't you visit a native doctor that can give you charms to make you VANISH for real? angry
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by chyz(m): 11:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
becomrich4:

who is Alj haram?

Ok not "Alj haram" but "Alj harem".hows that? you're not that slick. Tighten up. angry
Re: "niger-delta" Does Not Exist? True Or False. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2010
Beaf:

Because of ignorance.
Trust me. any campaign of such will have made Abacha deployed the whole Nigerian Army to the region and wipe off you guys .your people had to wait for democrazie to push such propaganda.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Has Anyone Here Seen Aso Rock Villa? / Arase Donates N1m To Injured Police Corporal In Kano / No Amount Of Postponement Can Save Buhari From Defeat – Onuesoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.