Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,424 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? (47873 Views)

Inside The Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Plant As You Have Never Seen It Before / Oluwo Of Iwo's Innoson Car Spotted In UNILAG (Photos) / The Innoson Military Vehicles Purchased By Nigerian Army (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by waternogetenemy: 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2019
LegendHero:

Robot have precision, they are faster, and they can work without fatigue.

In manufacturing, you need to be fast in delivering your product and meeting demands. What an automated system can do in 4days night take human 1 month to complete. Now tell me why a sane manager will go for human assembling when a robot can achieve the same thing.

Why is China the manufacturing guru now, they have learnt to speed up the procurement, manufacturing, distribution such that a China can produce high number of products in just a few day to break the market.

Reason why people may still be using hand to produce cars these days is because they might not have that much income to get those mega machines. Also, there are still some part of cars that can only be manufactured by hand but those are just
fittings.

U FORGOT TO SAY, THEY CAN WORK IN DARKNESS TOO.

THEY SAVE COST.

HOWEVER, HUMANS ARE MORE DETAILED THAN ROBOT AND CAN MAKE NECESSARY ADJUSTMENTS.
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Ibmswapzer(m): 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2019
marvin906:
aw far.. e don do na wetin happen.. how many times I wan dey read this story self
please what's this boy name?
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
LegendHero:

Robot have precision, they are faster, and they can work without fatigue.

In manufacturing, you need to be fast in delivering your product and meeting demands. What an automated system can do in 4days might take human 1 month to complete. Now tell me why a sane manager will go for human assembling when a robot can achieve the same thing at a faster pace.

Why is China the manufacturing guru now, they have learnt to speed up the procurement, manufacturing, distribution such that a China can produce high number of products in just a few day to break the market.

Reason why people may still be using hand to produce cars these days is because they might not have that much income to get those mega machines. Also, there are still some part of cars that can only be manufactured by hand but those are just fittings.

To be frank, in Nigeria where there is abundant cheap labor and no real liability for industrial accidents, human labor is the way to go. Why buy an automatic changeover when I can employ one aboki to switch telecom mast generator on and off?

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by letitrainnow(m): 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2019
Why all this talk now.
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by waternogetenemy: 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2019
omenka:
And some shithead has turned it to a they are doing this because it is an Igbo company.

Is the winner not Igbo? Why are we supporting her saying she was shortchanged and deserves more if we are against the price tag "because innoson is an igbo company"? Wonder how a human being can function in the larger society carrying such burden of persecution complex around.

How disgusting.

AFONJA, DONT TAKE IT UONN YOURSELF TO FIND RELEVANCE ON IGBO PEOPLE MATTER.

DONT U HAVE A TRIBE OF YOUR OWN?

NA SO ENVY AND JEALOUSY DEY START.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by bigchu39: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
all this talk because nah 9ja made ni hmmm
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by dayveed1(m): 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2019
Yes

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by waternogetenemy: 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2019
LIKE, I SAID, INNOSON IS MOVING TOWARDS AUTOMATED MANUFACTURING.

THE DELAY IS SIMPLY BECOS THE MAN WANT TO CONTINUE TO CREATE JOBS FOR PEOPLE.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/11/03/innoson-inaugurates-automated-vehicle-manufacturing-plant-unveils-2019-pick-up-ivm-granite/
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by TundeBricklayer: 4:01pm On Oct 10, 2019
ornicus:

Dude, have you seen legos before? Or model planes? A set of pieces with an instruction manual.

There is no design involved on the part of the person assembling.
I asked a simple question What do you call this process I know you guys from West are trying all your best to bring Innoson down, no be today, it started from days of Obi's administration

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Legendguru: 4:01pm On Oct 10, 2019
smiley
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by innocential3032(m): 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
I'm sure that car challenge khafi won, they indirectly Add up the price to it. The car is nice though, haters should pls mind their business
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by ihustlehard: 4:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
LegendHero:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to downplay Innoson importance, because we all love made in Nigeria shouldn’t make us blind to realities.

Innoson got all their car parts from other nation (China, etc.), then ship them to Nigeria and assemble then in their auto plant and resell to the African market.

Innoson said they produced 70% of their car parts locally, that is a lie the devil will be ashamed of.

It’s good that they can couple cars together coz as they increase in their engineering skills, there will be a time when they will be able to produce car parts locally.

Saying the truth most times is not hate but you guys always believed anyone that says anything contrary to your stance is hating.
that is totally wrong, go back and make more research,, innoson manufacturers it own cars , although some other models might not totally be manufacturerd by innoson thag is what uou need to know

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by LegendHero(m): 4:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
ihustlehard:

you are not absolutely correct,
Bentleys ,, Rolls Royce and mercedes Maybach cars are hand made hope you know that?

Lol, they are not all hand made in that context.

There is something called manufacturing tolerance in most of the car components. This means if we are to drill a hole of 10mm, it will actually be 10.020mm or 10.080mm , which is called the tolerance.

When expensive car components are made, they always try to reduce the tolerance bracket. This inturn increases the quality of the components and assembly. But, achieving all this quality usually require a lot of time and high labor force.

Bentley, Maybach, and Rolls Royce are usually manufactured on a high tolerance on every components and they usually use the MOST advanced machines for that. It is usually called Hand-Made because all the components are checked by human on all parameters and if any deviation is found, it will be re-machined for better tolerance. This is the reason they are called handmade!
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by LegendHero(m): 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2019
ihustlehard:

that is totally wrong, go back and make more research,, innoson manufacturers it own cars , although some other models might not totally be manufacturerd by innoson thag is what uou need to know

Innoson do not manufacture any component of its cars. They are just assembling the car components sourced from other countries. If you go on BAIC Wikipedia page now, you will see them mentioning Innoson as their Nigerian franchise that are selling their variants of cars.

You don't need to argue online coz it will just make you sound uninformed.

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

I asked a simple question What do you call this process I know you guys from West are trying all your best to bring Innoson down, no be today, it started from days of Obi's administration

We will go on in this circle jerk. Innoson is not an innovator in any way. The man does not even believe in his ‘products’. That why he drives range rovers( that was also discussed here, with bizarre defenses from people like you)

I ordered a drone for my son. It was shipped from abroad. I assembled it, set it up, configured it. Ergo I am now a drone manufacturer. All I need to do is put an ornicus logo on the drone

5 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by ihustlehard: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2019
LegendHero:

Innoson do not manufacture any component of its cars. They are just assembling the car components sourced from other countries. If you go on BAIC Wikipedia page now, you will see them mentioning Innoson as their Nigerian franchise that are selling their variants of cars.

You don't need to argue online coz it will just make you sound uninformed.
that is the model that is not manufactured by innoson like i told you, but other models are manufactured by innoson
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by ihustlehard: 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2019
LegendHero:

Lol, they are not all hand made in that context.

T9hihere is something called manufacturing tolerance in most of the car components. This means if we are to drill a hole of 10mm, it will actually be 10.020mm or 10.080mm , which is called the tolerance.

When expensive car components are made, they always try to reduce the tolerance bracket. This inturn increases the quality of the components and assembly. But, achieving all this quality usually require a lot of time and high labor force.

Bentley, Maybach, and Rolls Royce are usually manufactured on a high tolerance on every components and they usually use the MOST advanced machines for that. It is usually called Hand-Made because all the components are checked by human on all parameters and if any deviation is found, it will be re-machined for better tolerance. This is the reason they are called handmade!
when i say hand made you should know what that meams as an engineer
toyota cars are made by robot and bentley ,maybach and rolls royce are hand made period
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by marvin906(m): 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2019
Ibmswapzer:
please
what's this boy name?

you wan give am money

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by TundeBricklayer: 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2019
ornicus:

We will go on in this circle jerk. Innoson is not an innovator in any way. The man does not even believe in his ‘products’. That why he drives range rovers( that was also discussed here, with bizarre defenses from people like you)

I ordered a drone for my son. It was shipped from abroad. I assembled it, set it up, configured it. Ergo I am now a drone manufacturer. All I need to do is put an ornicus logo on the drone
Please Can you show me Innocent Chukwuma on Range
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by LegendHero(m): 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
ihustlehard:

when i say hand made you should know what that meams as an engineer
toyota cars are made by robot and bentley ,maybach and rolls royce are hand made period

You are still not getting it. Hand Made in this context is not a lay man's meaning.

They are still made by machines but they are always crosschecked by human to see they conform to the highest tolerance and if not, they will be re-machined.

That is the hand made meaning sir!
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Ashirioluwa: 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
Since the Big Brother Naija - Pepper Dem edition - ended, there have been vigorous conversations centred around the cost of the IVM G40 SUV prize. Many Nigerians opined that the G40 was too pricey for a locally-made vehicle. Some suggested that many imported brands of SUVs cost a lot less.

See The Current Prices Of 19 Compact SUVs in Nigeria HERE

Due to the furore generated by the price of the IVM G40, as announced by the organizer of the Big Brother Naija, we contacted Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing – the manufacturer of the vehicle - to determine the actual price of the vehicle.

We were informed that the G40 sells for N21.3million. This is about N3.7million less than what Multichoice announced.

So, why did Multichoice announce that the car costs N25million?

According to Ehijie, a car buff, Innoson probably sells the base model of the IVM G40 for N21.3 million. The base model of a car typically comes without some customizations or unique extra features.

Now the question is, even if the model of IVM G40 presented to Mercy Eke as the BBN prize was the upgraded model, what sort of upgrade was made on it that would cost N3.7million?

Read the complete article HERE

Source:

https://autojosh.com/did-big-brother-naija-shortchange-the-winner-of-the-show-with-the-car-prize/
That truck doesn't worth 10m naira.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by TundeBricklayer: 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2019
ornicus:

Here is JAC assembling plant in Lagos compare to Innoson

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by LegendHero(m): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2019
ihustlehard:

that is the model that is not manufactured by innoson like i told you, but other models are manufactured by innoson

I swear other models are not manufactured. All of the INNOSON car models are carbon copies of other car products.

I don't want to have anything to do in de-marketing Innoson, that is why I haven't opened a thread on all their cars on Nairaland.

I repeat all their cars, are re-coupled cars of majorly Chinese origin. I have evidence to that claim, not just mouthing

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by ihustlehard: 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2019
LegendHero:

You are still not getting it. Hand Made in this context is not a lay man's meaning.

They are still made by machines but they are always crosschecked by human to see they conform to the highest tolerance and if not, they will be re-machined.

That is the hand made meaning sir!
you are the one confusing urself bro,

when i say handmade it meams handmade with very little robotics application
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Gabson001(m): 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2019
That toying Van grin

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by LegendHero(m): 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
ihustlehard:

you are the one confusing urself bro,

when i say handmade it meams handmade with very little robotics application

Haha now you are changing your stance. Lets forget about this bro.
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by seanjy4konji: 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
Its SHUT and not shot...Mr Shot caller.
SuperBlack:

You don't even have the 3m to buy from Innoson not to talk about 25m, so shot your mouth
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 10, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

Please Can you show me Innocent Chukwuma on Range

Google it . It was discussed on this forum. You people said he was using the car for ‘research’ cheesy

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by ihustlehard: 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
LegendHero:

I swear other models are not manufactured. All of the INNOSON car models are carbon copies of other car products.

I don't want to have anything to do in de-marketing Innoson, that is why I haven't opened a thread on all their cars on Nairaland.

I repeat all their cars, are re-coupled cars of majorly Chinese origin. I have evidence to that claim, not just mouthing
you can believe whatever makes you happy, innoson camt deceive nigerias we have a lot of educated folks around , who also work with inooson, innoson vehicle manufacturing ,
and not vehicle assembly that is the ne of the company,
what does it take to manufacture a car that Nigeria can't get we have the technocrats, we can import the required machines together with our highly educated engineers ,
if you have issues you can visit his factory bro,
bye
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by TundeBricklayer: 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2019
ornicus:

Google it . It was discussed on this forum. You people said he was using the car for ‘research’ cheesy
Show me the picture bitter son from bitter tribe
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by betterpikinn: 4:34pm On Oct 10, 2019
Lowesto:
I think so too
Thief data seller

Your days are numbered...
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by AerialMapper: 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2019
All these Sherlock Holmes wanna be showing us similarities between the BAIC and IVM.

Of course they are the same because Innoson set up an SKD factory which he most probably bought from BAIC. He took it one step further by probably getting an agreement to put his customised name badge on it.

Simple..

If you are rich enough, you can set up a factory and have whatever name badge you want on the cars you assemble.

Is the car worth 25m? Of course not!!! I wouldn't buy the illegitimate love child of a Hummer and a grand cherokee for that price

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? / 15 Most Loved Cars In Nigeria. / 2020 Honda Invisus: The Most Amazing Honda Car Ever Imagined (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.