Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 (26144 Views)

Senate To Reinstate Ningi As Akpabio Comes Under Pressure / INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections / Edo Election: Thugs Chase Agents Of Other Political Parties From Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by Osemekedgreat3(m): 6:02am On Oct 10, 2019
It's a welcome development it will form a formidable force against any failed ruling party,I pray it comes to pass.
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by israelmao(m): 6:10am On Oct 10, 2019
I think the first to fix is restructuring of this country if we really mean well for her progress.
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by Twenty47(m): 6:11am On Oct 10, 2019
They should also reduce the number of tribes in Nigeria fa
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by adenigga(m): 6:17am On Oct 10, 2019
successking401:
Good move

Unfortunately, it runs contrary to the provisions of constitution freedom of association. So, how do we go about it?
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by Bluffly: 6:22am On Oct 10, 2019
Idiots. Decentralize political parties. Allow parties to be able to register at LGA, State and National Level.
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by omenka(m): 6:23am On Oct 10, 2019
holyDaniel:
Pls remove APC and PDP
Hahahahaha. It is not about the party my dear. Without the people who run the party, it ceases to exist.

If you remove the parties, you better be ready to proscribe their members preventing them from participating in active politics, lest they simply melt into the other parties an continue the illicit businesses there. cheesy
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by Exponental(m): 6:31am On Oct 10, 2019
One meaningful thing I've heard from this Senate
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by Bigboss111(m): 6:41am On Oct 10, 2019
That's better. INEC how market?
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by Commentor: 6:48am On Oct 10, 2019
They should be culled but I know it wouldn't end well neither is the purpose for doing so honest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by Ekwensu1: 6:54am On Oct 10, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
They should be culled but I know it wouldn't end well neither is the purpose for doing so honest.
[/s]
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by Ubdavis(m): 6:58am On Oct 10, 2019
weting concern pig wit familty planning
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by luluosas(m): 7:11am On Oct 10, 2019
Long overdue. In fact, Africans especially Nigerians are power hungry people, hence everybody wants to be a governor, president, chairman etc which forms the basis of the multiple political parties in our country today. The day SDP and NRC were disbanded by the military, that was the day good political structure was buried.
Can't we borrow a leaf from America? Despite the many hungry people desperate to lead the God's Own Country, that hasn't shifted the political structure from remaining two dominant political parties. It is well
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by dalongjnr: 7:34am On Oct 10, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:
No, We are soo stoopid we forget history too easily this kind of arrangement has been done before why are we running in circles? they want to hijack democracy, with 91 parties any Nigerian can run for office whether you win or lose na you sabi but once it is 5 only the ruling party or the biggest parties will even appoint leaders in the other 3 parties and frustrate those parties.
For now we have seen cases however little where unexpected partied came out victorious one or two parties cannot control all 89 other parties once rigging stops we will enjoy this 91 party system better than that 5 party system.
Bet me those 5 parties will cause Tribalism, religious intolerance, etc by their candidates and their rhetorics. We saw it when Nigeria started with NCNC= igbo peoples party NDP=hausa people party and that Action group= yoruba people party. These 3 will dominate the rest of us even more than before. We will go back to a time when we had political parties named
1. Zamfara commoners party
2. Midwest Democratic front
3. United middle belt Congress
4. Northern people's party
Let's assume these are the 4 parties allowed to remain along with APC or PDP imagine what a Nigeria that would be, imagine the marginalisation, don't get me wrong marginalisation exists look at the NigerDelta 100% of Nigeria oil yet no electricity no jobs nothing but this would be on an even grander scale putting us in a position whereby the electorate is forced to pick between 5 types of poison.
grin grin grin grin"a position whereby the electorate is forced to picked between 5 types of poison ".
I no do again if na poison.
Very sensible. But let's say,like 25-30 is OK because most of the political parties are not viable. Now is time to look at independent candidature as well.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by Onlyonebuhari: 7:45am On Oct 10, 2019
Good so also the way we will reduce the number of criminals in the senate and their UNGODLY ALLOWANCES.
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by mercyviv(f): 8:05am On Oct 10, 2019
It's very necessary, if possible lets have just two political parties.
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by Stellahappiness(f): 8:06am On Oct 10, 2019
They should reduce it 3 not to 5
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by Nochious123(m): 8:18am On Oct 10, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:
No, We are soo stoopid we forget history too easily this kind of arrangement has been done before why are we running in circles? they want to hijack democracy, with 91 parties any Nigerian can run for office whether you win or lose na you sabi but once it is 5 only the ruling party or the biggest parties will even appoint leaders in the other 3 parties and frustrate those parties.
For now we have seen cases however little where unexpected partied came out victorious one or two parties cannot control all 89 other parties once rigging stops we will enjoy this 91 party system better than that 5 party system.
Bet me those 5 parties will cause Tribalism, religious intolerance, etc by their candidates and their rhetorics. We saw it when Nigeria started with NCNC= igbo peoples party NDP=hausa people party and that Action group= yoruba people party. These 3 will dominate the rest of us even more than before. We will go back to a time when we had political parties named
Let's assume these are the 4 parties allowed to remain along with APC or PDP imagine what a Nigeria that would be, imagine the marginalisation, don't get me wrong marginalisation exists look at the NigerDelta 100% of Nigeria oil yet no electricity no jobs nothing but this would be on an even grander scale putting us in a position whereby the electorate is forced to pick between 5 types of poison.

Bro you speak my mind

1 Like

Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:18am On Oct 10, 2019
Pride will kill Nigerian Senate
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by Nochious123(m): 8:18am On Oct 10, 2019
Nochious123:

Bro you spoke my mind
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by engrfaruq(m): 8:19am On Oct 10, 2019
desoul2004:
Finally FTC. I dedicate it to all the men of goodwill.

Ok na
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:26am On Oct 10, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:
. Just as Democrat and Republican have hijack democracy in America right? I thought you were making sense initially not until I was patient to read down the trash you vomited. What is the essence of have 91 political parties when the family members of those vying for electoral position in the other parties can't even vote for them. The fast they reduce all the parties in Nigeria to 4 parties the better for us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by Reference(m): 8:33am On Oct 10, 2019
Agree.
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by Reference(m): 8:37am On Oct 10, 2019
adenigga:

Unfortunately, it runs contrary to the provisions of constitution freedom of association. So, how do we go about it?

Freedom of Association does not confer INEC the obligation to register them. Just raise the height of the door handle to keep the pygmy associations out.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by 9ja083: 8:41am On Oct 10, 2019
Good move.
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by valuedammy(m): 8:44am On Oct 10, 2019
If this can be achieved I will be very happy.
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by ibietela2(m): 8:57am On Oct 10, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:

I feel 10 to 15/20 is enough.
91 is too much even without rigging

1 Like

Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by Uccyman(m): 9:03am On Oct 10, 2019
better do that pps
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by follock007(m): 9:08am On Oct 10, 2019
5 (moon) is for Heads of States.... 2 (Mercury - usually shown as +1-1) out of 10 in Pluto represent 2 sides of a coin (2 penny) which stands for two major political parties, the remaining 8(Uranus) is the timid masses (Women/Children)... Lastly 4 (Mars) is the benevolent masses (Aged people/Men)...

Extended politics gives the place of 10 Pluto to Monarchy because 10 or 1-1-8 (H2O = Water in the sky the turns into rain drops is further translated into Reign (for monarch) instead of Rain...

Benevolent means Being Of Length/Long (Off Age) or Been Up To (What you do for a living/crime against humanity)... Which is why 9 (Death the reaper is hanging over them (9+4= 4 Man with a heart of gold), while, Timid Masses live in the heart of the heads of states (8+5= 4 Man with a heart of clay)... Both of these Men are sharing the 2 Penny.... In science, unlike peers attract...

Our heads of states who are feeling of other advanced countries are playing the benevolent role to them...
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by LordPsalm(m): 9:36am On Oct 10, 2019
Misplaced priorities.
Isn't it obvious that these old men's brain is on a reverse?
How did we get here?
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by orisa37: 9:40am On Oct 10, 2019
So we shall have SEP, SWP CSP NWP & NEP
Re: Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 by ZAWs: 10:09am On Oct 10, 2019
“Again, at what point can we say election has been concluded? Is it after we have issued Certificate of Return or after the courts have concluded judgements on petitions arising from elections?”

The reductions may probably not going to be archived anytime soon
The bolded above says it all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olubunmi Tunji-ojo Commissioned Arrival E" Of Abuja Airport & Remodeled Gates / Coronavirus: Atiku Calls For Fuel Price Reduction, Stamp Duty Suspension / Children's Day: Buhari Celebrates With Visiting Children At State House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.