Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,255 members, 7,860,586 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:03 PM

Please I Need Your Sincere Answer. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please I Need Your Sincere Answer. (1367 Views)

My Marriage Is Being Tested. I Need Your Advice / I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice / Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Your Sincere Answer. by joy199(f): 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2019
theButterfly:
No. Why would I when I'm not desperate? OP, don't be in a haste to marry a man w| kids. I won't marry a man with a kid/kids. Divorcees with kids have too much bagage and unfinished business with their baby mamas (or baby daddies).

In fact, I will only marry a virgin man sef.

Ok, thank you
Re: Please I Need Your Sincere Answer. by joy199(f): 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2019
ifyalways:
Unless he is widowed, no i will not encourage a single lady to marry a man with two children and vice versa.

Single with two or more children are better off with single or widowed parents. Thats just my opinion. Nothing is perfect or cast in stone.

Thank you
Re: Please I Need Your Sincere Answer. by joy199(f): 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
missyojo:
Poster, don't try it. I understand how you feel as regards you wanting to settle down because age isn't on your side, I'm in my late twenties too turning 30 next month. No man is forth coming yet as I'm trusting God for the right person but that doesn't mean I should throw myself to the available one. It would have been better if it were a widower but a single father with two kids and the mother still alive is a NO NO for me.

You just keep praying and trusting God for the best and also keep yourself busy too. If you are a Christian you can join a unit in church and serve God whole heartedly and see what God would do.
Cheers!!!

Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: Please I Need Your Sincere Answer. by joy199(f): 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2019
Zither:
girls, do not let any idiotic slowpoke belittle or degrade your value by pegging your worth above or below a particular age, especially the age of 30. That is what they will say but you will be shocked to discover many of them are willing to sell their kidney and liver to marry a white great-grandma who is older than their great great grandma of 110 years.

As regards getting married to a man with two kids, I would not advise that. However, there are chances that it may turn out okay but the variables for making that a possibility are many that ignoring one may be to your detriment. Such variables like:

would the guy spend greater love on his kids than he does on you? this leads to unfulfillment and emotional dissatisfaction

what if his one and only desire is to look for a woman to play mother to his children and keep the home while he is away? forget all that romantic talk of love he has for you and consider this critically. taking care of the kids is serious burden which he cannot handle given his work schedule

are you ready to live a life of walking on egg shells whenever it has to do with your relationship with the kids? their mother may not approve of anything you do as regards their welfare and may turn your home into a war zone? that may also include their father

there will always be "your children" "my children" syndrome. so much of your argument will rise from this distinction.

then, when the kids grow into rebellious teenagers (as kids will) it is easier dealing with them if they were your own kids as whatever you do to correct them (your step-children) may be misjudged or misinterpreted as hatred towards them while you show favouritism or leniency to your kids

....and on like that... Are you ready to subject yourself to such a life?

Marry at your God-given pace. Don't let folks pressure you into a life of misery in the name of age. If age was a limiting factor, women should self-destruct once they cross a certain young age and have not had children. That is not the case. Why? Your greatest value as a woman is not in getting married or having children. Your greatest value is in your being a woman. Sarah in the Bible had a child at her old age...at her God-ordained time. Hannah had Samuel at her God-ordained time. God brought Ruth and Boaz together. God made Esther marry a king. Live your life knowing that nothing is impossible with God.

The truth is that nobody is rushing me, I just want to be sure about not caring what doesn't belong to me. Thanks for your sincere answer, i appreciate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. / Which Do You Prefer In Marriages / Skyrun Freezer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.