Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England (217320 Views)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by raynold(m): 9:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
4llerbuntu: muheheheheje

top of the table at xmas. 48 hrs of fame don end.

this time sunday una go dey 8th position. lmao.

but una try sha. I won't lie. that football was lovely. too bad lovely football is not all that is needed
game of the season. we were completely robbed, a clear goal but for some reason the lines man raised his flag..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by usbcable(m): 10:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
usbcable:

lets see how things go at the Etihad first.

too early to be counting the sheeps or is it eggs
told ya.

3 points away from surprise leaders Arsenal isnt bad though.
I feel liverpool should keep focus of UCL prolly d league title may just happen
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 26, 2013
I'm proud of how we played today. No shame losing narrowly at City. We really showed today that how system has finally clicked.

All we need is to add more qualities to the squad and we'll be challenging in no time.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by usbcable(m): 11:47am On Dec 29, 2013
YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE.

what will the scores be today against the Blue legion from London?
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by raynold(m): 11:58am On Dec 29, 2013
usbcable: YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE.

what will the scores be today against the Blue legion from London?
1-3 Liverpool
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Pro02: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
raynold: 1-3 Liverpool

Seconded!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Havilah93(m): 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by usbcable(m): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
raynold: 1-3 Liverpool
bettet luck next time.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
4llerbuntu: muheheheheje

top of the table at xmas. 48 hrs of fame don end.

this time sunday una go dey 8th position. lmao.

ok. na 5th shey? grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by raynold(m): 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
4llerbuntu:

ok. na 5th shey? grin
keep laughing o.. when u guys drop points hope you won't be crying
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by usbcable(m): 10:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
just re-inforce come january so that UCL slot will be achievable. winning the league may seem a tall order at the moment
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:52am On Dec 30, 2013
raynold: keep laughing o.. when u guys drop points hope you won't be crying

why so touchy feely? grin

I dropped a lot of points in December. ... I'm not whining. what else is new?
everyone gonna drop points dude.

the difference is... I dropped 6 and I'm still top.

you dropped 6 and your 5th. spot the difference?

u can still win the league tho....... in your dreams grin grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
Losing points away to 2 of the League's favourites is no big deal. We'd surely bounce back.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Lildrizzle(m): 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
salah is rocket
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
cheesy
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 03, 2014
Mirror Football (@MirrorFootball)
7/3/14, 10:56 AM
Liverpool transfer rumours: Xherdan Shaqiri deal possible as Reds emerge as sole suitors?
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by kendrick93(m): 11:22am On Jul 03, 2014
Mirror
Luis Suarez 'agrees to join
Barcelona' as Liverpool reject
opening bid of £60million
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by kendrick93(m): 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
From the official Twitter:
#LFC have today completed the
signing of Bayer Leverkusen
midfielder Emre Can #LFCCan
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Katsumoto: 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hey fellow Reds; new season is upon us and Suarez has left.

What should be our goals for this season?

How should we play now that we don't have Suarez?

What should be our first 11?

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by ashdigital: 7:40pm On Jul 16, 2014
Katsumoto: Hey fellow Reds; new season is upon us and Suarez has left.

What should be our goals for this season?

How should we play now that we don't have Suarez?

What should be our first 11?

We need to build a new team now that Suarez has left. Lallana and Markovic are good signings but we need one more big name signing. Maybe Benzema or Reus.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Katsumoto: 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
ashdigital:

We need to build a new team now that Suarez has left. Lallana and Markovic are good signings but we need one more big name signing. Maybe Benzema or Reus.

New team? We can't build a new team. I think we will play 4-3-3 with DS as the arrowhead of our attack with Sterling and Markovic in a 3 man attack. Reus would be the better option as he can slot into that system. Benzema would mean a change of formation to possibly 4-4-2 like we did when Suarez was around. That could also be a good thing. Well I trust Rodgers anyway. The defense still needs some work. I am glad about Can since Gerrard doesn't really have the legs to be an anchor over many games. Moreno/Rojo would be excellent LBs and Lovren would be a good upgrade on Skrtel.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 17, 2014
We need to replace Suarez with Marco Reus (wish it happens) and a striker. I can't see us getting both Reus and Benzema though. Lacazette from Lyon will be ideal.

I'll be ok with Sturridge, Lacazette, Lambert, and Origi (if he's not loaned back to Lille) as our main strikers.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 17, 2014
@LFCZA: Belgian "SPORZA" re-iterates Lille coach Girard's confirmation that #Origi is going to play in France & that he's close to signing for #LFC
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 17, 2014
Viktor Fagerström (@ViktorFagerLFC)
7/17/14, 12:43 AM
Liverpool are close to agreeing a fee of around £6million with Stoke City for the sale of winger Oussama Assaidi. (Echo) #LFC

Viktor Fagerström (@ViktorFagerLFC)
7/17/14, 12:44 AM
#LFC are considering whether to increase their offer for Ben Davies after Tottenham tabled a bid of £10million. (Echo)
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 17, 2014
Billy Liddell (@Liddellpool)
7/17/14, 10:52 AM
#LFC prepare to up bid for Ben Davies as Tottenham agree £10m fee with Swansea City http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football

angry sad angry sad
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Tval(m): 6:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
The ten-player shortlist for the 2013/14 UEFA Best Player in Europe Award has been announced.

The players, listed in alphabetical order, are as follows:

• Diego Costa (Spain, Club Atlético de Madrid – now at Chelsea FC)
• Ángel Di María (Argentina, Real Madrid CF)
• James Rodríguez (Colombia, AS Monaco FC)
• Philipp Lahm (Germany, FC Bayern München)
• Lionel Messi (Argentina, FC Barcelona)
• Thomas Müller (Germany, FC Bayern München)
• Manuel Neuer (Germany, FC Bayern München)
• Arjen Robben (Netherlands, FC Bayern München)
• Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal, Real Madrid CF)
• Luis Suárez (Uruguay, Liverpool FC – now at FC Barcelona
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Katsumoto: 7:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
This weekend was not bad

Bought Remy for £8M
Sold Borini for £14m but Borini does not want to leave. Can we get volunteers to drive him to Sunderland?
£16m deal for Lovren

Remaining deals
LB - Hopefully Moreno signs this week but I would prefer Rodriguez who scores more and has more assists
Attacker - Hopefully Reus

Breakthrough players I would love to have more playing time this season
Jordan Ibe - 3 assists in 2 games
Ilori - lets see how good he is.
Rossiter

Players to leave
Lucas
Borini
Assaidi - hopefully the news of £6m from Stoke is true
Allen - if stories of Isco are true
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by dayokanu(m): 6:43am On Jul 21, 2014
Lambert, Lallana and now Lovren

Is it because Liverpool also starts with L or you are desperately trying to be Southampton version 2
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Katsumoto: 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
dayokanu: Lambert, Lallana and now Lovren

Is it because Liverpool also starts with L or you are desperately trying to be Southampton version 2

We had a thin squad last year. Since we are in the ECL this year, we need a bigger squad. To avoid making the mistake spurs made last year, Rodgers is after players who are proven in the EPL. And since we may not be able to get players from the top 4 sides, we have to look at other clubs such as Southampton and Newcastle. Lallana, Remy, Lovren are the best outside Chelsea, Arsenal, Citeh. Lambert is a short term option, certainly better than Aspas. Plus we are signing other good players from other leagues.

What is your opinion on Reus? Do you think he ll come to Liverpool? What do you think he is worth? Is Reus better than Shaqiri (whom u chaps refuse to sell to us)?
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by dayokanu(m): 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
Almost everyone on your team is average to mediocre now. The star is gone and replacing him with a dozen average player wont cut it especially in Europe.

You no longer have the surprise factor Last season most teams never considered Liverpool a threat until like March when it was too late.

You have a resurgent Man Utd, a wounded Chelsea, and a spending Arsenal to deal with and you are buying Lovren, Lallana and Lambert (Southampton v2) added to Origi. Remy is a good buy for that amount

I think those in charge of decision making in Anfield are not serious minded folks. I would think they can get better players outside England for cheaper. someone like Quintero

Reus wont come to Liverpool unless you splash serious money. In the current European club standing Dortmund would be regarded as a higher club with a better chance of winning the CL. So why do you think Reus would want to step down and play with Sturridge and Lallana?

Reus options would be big club only with a good chance of winning the CL. Since that would be his reason for leaving Dortmund if he does

Reus is heaven and earth better than Shaqiri
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Katsumoto: 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
dayokanu: Almost everyone on your team is average to mediocre now. The star is gone and replacing him with a dozen average player wont cut it especially in Europe.

You no longer have the surprise factor Last season most teams never considered Liverpool a threat until like March when it was too late.

You have a resurgent Man Utd, a wounded Chelsea, and a spending Arsenal to deal with and you are buying Lovren, Lallana and Lambert (Southampton v2) added to Origi. Remy is a good buy for that amount

I think those in charge of decision making in Anfield are not serious minded folks. I would think they can get better players outside England for cheaper. someone like Quintero

Reus wont come to Liverpool unless you splash serious money. In the current European club standing Dortmund would be regarded as a higher club with a better chance of winning the CL. So why do you think Reus would want to step down and play with Sturridge and Lallana?

Reus options would be big club only with a good chance of winning the CL. Since that would be his reason for leaving Dortmund if he does

Reus is heaven and earth better than Shaqiri

To some extent I agree with your comments.
1. But Liverpool has always been a club that creates stars. Dalglish, Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez, Alonso were all made at Anfield. Mascherano was rehabilitated at Anfield
2. Rodgers philosophy is to rely less on stars and more on team work. So far his signings have been hit and miss.
3. The players signed so far are decent in my opinion but then again, perhaps I am optimistic as a fan and you are probably more objective than me.
4. Like last season, we start again as underdogs. Everyone is expecting Citeh or Chelsea to win the EPL ad Manutd and Arsenal to complete the top four. We have lost our best player and we aren't sure how well we will do without him.
5. I hope we get Reus, he ll definitely be a game changer.

I guess I will re-assess Liverpool's chances again at the mid way point in December. As a fan, I can't but be optimistic.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by coded01: 11:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
Liverpool should be ready for next Season... cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (108) (Reply)

Paris Saint-gemain FC Fan Thread: Les Rouge-et-bleu..."Revons plus grand" / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) / Manchester City Fan Thread!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.