Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. (21746 Views)

Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa / Lagos GDP Is Bigger Than Rwanda, Angola. A Shame For Someone Say He Develop Lago / The Development Of Less Developed Countries Is A Strategic Threat To The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 13, 2019
donfineboi:

People of very low IQ don't understand that population (Human resources) is wealth.

Societies with the largest population have learned to use that kind of Wealth to work for them. By providing policies and available resources for continuous growth and development.

That is why India with over 1.2 billion people has been replaced by Nigeria 190 million people as the world most populous impoverished nation on earth.

I hope now you have a proper insight on this discourse. If not, I will be happy to educate you further.

You said it all

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
djdutch:

I admit we have kleptomaniac leaders in Delta, just like in the other 35 states in the country. There is a reason why we are the corruption and poverty capital of the world.

You however choose to put your head in the sand and defend the ruling elite plunderers.

So, it's now about elite plundering, not longer about Kigali is more beautiful than Lagos.

Ok, please explain to us with facts how the elites in Lagos are plundering our $2 billion budget in Lagos.

Please educate us.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by donfineboi: 9:00pm On Oct 13, 2019
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Still struggling with baseless and ignorant comparisons.

1. California is a developed state in the US with a budget of $215 billion, Nigeria's budget is $33 billion

2. Los Angeles with 4 million people, budget is $36.1 billion, more than Nigeria's budget.

3.Lagos with 20 plus million people, the budget is $2 billion.

So,where is the sense and logic in your upside down comparison?

Yes, it is perfectly OK to compare and intelligent people compare everyday,but they do so with sane logic and comparable indices and analyses.

I just like the way you stylishly admitted your lapses. You don't know how I glad I feel about your admittance.

But your pride appears to your biggest impediment. Even though you contradict yourself by condemning the importance of comparison and ending by saying it is perfectly ok.... I am still glad that you have been schooled today.

More so, I am glad that today you have come to know that high population is not just a liability but potential wealth when managed well by the Govt.

Good luck in life and let me know if you still need more schooling?

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 13, 2019
NGpatriot:

So, it's now about elite plundering, not longer about Kigali is more beautiful than Lagos.

Ok, please explain to us with facts how the elites in Lagos are plundering our $2 billion budget in Lagos.

Please educate us.
Lagos has received $30.6 billion dollars since 1999 and looks like a shithole. Give this money to the Arabs,Whites or Rwandans and they will turn the state to paradise.
And it's former leaders are billionaires in dollars with private jets and ferry bullion vans to their private residence.
https://yourbudgit.com/data/lagos/

3 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 9:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
donfineboi:

I just like the way you stylishly admitted your lapses. You don't know how I glad I feel about your admittance.

[b]But your pride appears to your biggest impediment. Even though you contradict yourself by condemning the importance of comparison and ending by saying it is perfectly ok.... [/b]I am still glad that you have been schooled today.

More so, I am glad that today you have come to know that high population is not just a liability but potential wealth when managed well by the Govt.

Good luck in life and let me know if you still need more schooling

Yes, it is perfectly OK to compare and intelligent people compare everyday, but they do so with sane logic and comparable indices and analyses

That was your crooked, deceptive and lying understanding of what I said Yes, it is perfectly OK to compare and intelligent people compare everyday,but they do so with sane logic and comparable indices and analyses

...but you on the other hand, you compare based on ignorance, baseless and illogical comparison.

Pay attention to reading and comprehension.

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2019
[s]
djdutch:

Lagos has received $30.6 billion dollars since 1999 and looks like a shithole. Give this money to the Arabs,Whites or Rwandans and they will turn the state to paradise.
And it's former leaders are billionaires in dollars with private jets and ferry bullion vans to their private residence.
https://yourbudgit.com/data/lagos/
[/s]

...explain to us with facts how the elites in Lagos are plundering our $2 billion budget in Lagos.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2019
donfineboi:

Good luck in life and let me know if you still need more schooling?

Population could be an asset,but explain to us why Kigali is trimming and getting rid of it's population instead of welcoming and accepting them as asset, this is what I need you to answer instead of dodging around.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

...explain to us with facts how the elites in Lagos are plundering our $2 billion budget in Lagos.

No portable water
No electricity
No social security payment
No free healthcare
Pothole ridden roads even in Lekki were Tinubu collects tolls through his company
Refusal to accede to Freedom of Information request of contracts awarded and process of award by SERAP
Former Governor owns $35 million dollar VP falcon private jet
https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-tinubus-private-jet-was-used-in-flying-jammeh-out-of-gambia
Former Governor ferries bullion vans to his private residence
Former Governor collects 10% of state IGR through Alpha Beta

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 9:21pm On Oct 13, 2019

Beautiful Lagos...

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by donfineboi: 9:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
NGpatriot:

Population could be an asset,but explain to us why Kigali is trimming and getting rid of it's population instead of welcoming and accepting them as asset, this is what I need you to answer instead of dodging around.

I don't know where you got your misguided facts from. But recently Rwanda volunteered to receive refugee migrants deported from Israel. Also, Rwanda is home to several refugees from Congo and Burundi.

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 9:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
[s]
djdutch:

No portable water
No electricity
No social security payment
No free healthcare
Pothole ridden roads even in Lekki were Tinubu collects tolls through his company
Refusal to accede to Freedom of Information request of contracts awarded and process of award by SERAP
Former Governor owns $35 million dollar VP falcon private jet
https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-tinubus-private-jet-was-used-in-flying-jammeh-out-of-gambia
Former Governor ferries bullion vans to his private residence
[/s]

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

I just did clown! You choose to remain blind to the fact, $30.6 billion has gone down the drain and only the poIlticians are smiling to the bank with bullion vans and private jets.

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by donfineboi: 9:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
NGpatriot:

That was your crooked, deceptive and lying understanding of what I said Yes, it is perfectly OK to compare and intelligent people compare everyday,but they do so with sane logic and comparable indices and analyses

...but you on the other hand, you compare based on ignorance, baseless and illogical comparison.

Pay attention to reading and comprehension.

You should know and learn how to handle corrections and accept defeat.

I had 2 main objectives and I am very glad I was able to achieve them.

1. Explaining that population is an asset and not a liability.

2. Proving the necessity of societal comparisons.

So I really don't know why you are getting so emotional and typing ignorance.... I have proved my points and you have admitted to them.

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 9:28pm On Oct 13, 2019
donfineboi:

I don't know where you got your misguided facts from. But recently Rwanda volunteered to receive refugee migrants deported from Israel. Also, Rwanda is home to several refugees from Congo and Burundi.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10383149_gikondocropped_jpeg4b520e97d3ed38d77b3a7a0fbb96faf3

Kigali, Rwanda’s capital, is often lauded as “Africa’s cleanest city”. The country’s 2008 ban on non-biodegradable plastic is often mentioned as a cause. Another is that on the last Saturday of every month, people across the country commit time to projects aimed at improving the country’s public spaces, in a mandatory practice called Umuganda—loosely translated as “coming together to achieve a common purpose”.

But there’s a hidden cost to Kigali’s spotless reputation, and the poorest and most vulnerable are those who pay it.

A Human Rights Watch report (pdf) released today reveals how Rwandan police arbitrarily round up and detain people they deem, in the report’s wording, “undesirable”—street vendors, prostitutes, petty criminals, beggars and street people—with the intention of keeping the streets of Kigali tidy.

https://qz.com/africa/509948/kigali-is-africas-cleanest-city-but-that-comes-at-a-heavy-price/

Here.

Do you suggest that to keep Lagos clean, Lagos should adopt the same policy in Kigali where they don't allow street trading, hawking or just lock up people that they consider to be undesirable.?

Again, if population is an asset, why is Kigali getting rid of it's population?

Just answer.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
donfineboi:

You should know and learn how to handle corrections and accept defeat.

I had 2 main objectives and I am very glad I was able to achieve them.

1. Explaining that population is an asset and not a liability.

2. Proving the necessity of societal comparisons.

So I really don't know why you are getting so emotional and typing ignorance.... I have proved my points and you have admitted to them.

You just lack the capacity to read and comprehend English words..

Show me where I asserted that population is not an asset.

I'm obviously not interested if population is an asset or not and that's a different debate, my question is if population is an asset, why are they rounding up people and locking them up, why are they getting rid of their population just to make their city look good.

If population is truly an asset as you claim,why is it the other way around ion Kigali.

This is the question I need you to answer.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 9:38pm On Oct 13, 2019

Beautiful Lagos...

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 9:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 9:43pm On Oct 13, 2019

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by donfineboi: 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
NGpatriot:

Here.

Do you suggest that to keep Lagos clean, Lagos should adopt the same policy in Kigali where they don't allow street trading, hawking or just lock up people that they consider to be undesirable.?

Again, if population is an asset, why is Kigali getting rid of it's population?

Just answer.

1. There is no perfect Society anywhere in the world. I live in Ottawa in Canada and I see Canadians on the streets begging for $1, homeless and jobless. The point is we can adopt some of their practises that makes them outstanding in some of their fields and discard others that are not. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that.

2. I married a Rwandan Lady (Tutsi) and I have been to Kigali several times. The cleanliness of the City is second to none. They don't allow nylon bags it is banned in the city..... So I know what I am saying and not just talking out of ignorance.

3. Rwanda has one of the best Ease for doing business on the earth today attracting investors from all over the world. Their tourism has quadrupled and every year it spikes. Their Air liner is world class and flies international something Lagos can learn from.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2019
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Naijiant: 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
NGpatriot:

Beautiful Lagos...
Where has the $30.6 billion Lagos has received since 1999 gone? All the pictures you posted of development are driven by the private sector.
Where is the portable water
Electricity
Social security payment
free healthcare
World class road network outside the Island?

In all honesty can you say $30.6 billion dollars it has received since 1999 has been judiciously spent and not carted in bullion vans and used in buying private jets?

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2019
donfineboi:

1. There is no perfect Society anywhere in the world. I live in Ottawa in Canada and I see Canadian on the streets begging for $1, homeless and jobless. The point is we can adopt some of their practises that makes them outstanding in some of their fields and discard others that are not. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that.

2. I married a Rwandan Lady (Tutsi) and I have been to Kigali several times. The cleanliness of the City is second to none. They don't allow nylon bags it is banned in the city..... So I know what I am saying and not just talking put of ignorance.

3. Rwanda has one of the best Ease for doing business on the earth today attracting investors from all over the world. Their tourism has quadrupled and every year it spikes. Their Air liner is world class and flies international something Lagos can learn from.

I will attach pics to prove my claims...

Congrats and Good luck on your marriage, but I just need you to explain to us why Kigali doesn't allow street trading, hawking and why they round up and arrest and lock up their own people as undesirables instead of welcoming and accepting them as population assets.

Just answer this simple question, I've asked like a million times.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by donfineboi: 9:55pm On Oct 13, 2019
NGpatriot:

You just lack the capacity to read and comprehend English words..

Show me where I asserted that population is not an asset.

I'm obviously not interested if population is an asset or not and that's a different debate, my question is if population is an asset, why are they rounding up people and locking them up, why are they getting rid of their population just to make their city look good.

If population is truly an asset as you claim,why is it the other way around ion Kigali.

This is the question I need you to answer.

Maybe you cannot remember or you are just being denial. I have lived in Rwanda, I am married to a Tutsi Rwandan Lady. There are several Nigerian communities in Rwanda, there are several African communities there as well, there are several foreign investors and hundreds of thousands of tourists pouring in Rwanda..... These facts are contrary to your poor assumptions. So you are wrong!!

So I really don't know what you are trying to mislead or confuse yourself over this discourse. I rarely argue here on Nairaland except I am 100% sure of myself.

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2019
4Play:

Look at all those Niger-Delta state governments - Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom. With the exception of Bayelsa, each intends to spend over $1bn in 2019 and will have barely anything to show for it re infrastructure.

Niger Delta states are the worst! At least 70% of the state allocation is looted. Bayelsa for example has received one the highest allocations since 1999, but is the least developed.
Nigerians leaders are just beyond evil.

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
donfineboi:

Maybe you cannot remember or you are just being denial. I have lived in Rwanda, I am married to a Tutsi Rwandan Lady. There are several Nigerian communities in Rwanda, there are several African communities there as well, there are several foreign investors and hundreds of thousands of tourists pouring in Rwanda..... These facts are contrary to your poor assumptions. So you are wrong!!

So I really don't know what you are trying to mislead or confuse yourself over this discourse. I rarely argue here on Nairaland except I am 100% sure of myself.

I just need you to explain to us why Kigali doesn't allow street trading, hawking and why they round up and arrest and lock up their own people as undesirables instead of welcoming and accepting them as population assets.

Just answer this simple question, I've asked like a million time
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2019

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by donfineboi: 10:03pm On Oct 13, 2019
NGpatriot:

Congrats and Good luck on your marriage, but I just need you to explain to us why Kigali doesn't allow street trading, hawking and why they round up and arrest and lock up their own people as undesirables instead of welcoming and accepting them as population assets.

Just answer this simple question, I've asked like a million times.

Thank you I truly appreciate. We can argue and not call names.... smiley

Street Hawking are allowed in Up-country areas. That is in rural areas. Kigali is an international city and must meet the international standards as defined by the government at all cost.

They have Okada in Kigali but only one passenger and the passenger must have an helmet on......

They set rules and they make sure the rules are 100% met with 0 compromise.

Something we need to learn in Lagos. Do you know since when they have been trying to implement helmet and over carrying passengers in Lagos. I was shocked to see 5 people mounted on a bike in Lagos....

3 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by IamAtikulate: 10:05pm On Oct 13, 2019
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Miscreant Rubbish.
Yoruba moslem is in sifia pains
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by donfineboi: 10:07pm On Oct 13, 2019
NGpatriot:

I just need you to explain to us why Kigali doesn't allow street trading, hawking and why they round up and arrest and lock up their own people as undesirables instead of welcoming and accepting them as population assets.

Just answer this simple question, I've asked like a million time
Street Hawking are allowed in Up-country areas. That is in rural areas. Kigali is an international city and must meet the international standards as defined by the government at all cost.

They have Okada in Kigali but only one passenger and the passenger must have an helmet on......

They set rules and they make sure the rules are 100% met with 0 compromise.

Something we need to learn in Lagos. Do you know since when they have been trying to implement helmet and over carrying passengers in Lagos. I was shocked to see 5 people mounted on a bike in Lagos....

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 10:14pm On Oct 13, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? / How Obasanjo, Nuhu Ribadu, Ezekwesili Destroyed Nigeria’s Democracy – Tony Momoh / Osita Chidoka: There Was No Nollywood When PDP Took Over In 1999

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.