Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? (43509 Views)

DOWNLOAD Mp3 ALBUM: Burna Boy – Outside [full Album Tracklists Downloads] *new / New Hiphop Mp3 Songs Free Downloads / How Do Musicians Or Artists Make Their Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by doggedfighter(f): 6:14am On Oct 13, 2019
pocohantas:
-Yahoo

-Endorsements

-Shows/Performances

-Grants from wealthy people and yahoo boys they hype in their songs.

-Big Gods (for the small girls)

-Investments (for the wise ones)

-Royalties

-Finally, some don't have shishii. It is all SHOW-biz
Good points, girl
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by sonofanarchy(m): 6:20am On Oct 13, 2019
emeijeh:
Ask Airforce1
likes Monger
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by muzically(m): 6:24am On Oct 13, 2019
jcmaiah:

Spotify is not available in Nigeria na, or are you outside Nigeria?

You can sell your songs on spotify. They'll stream it where it is available

2 Likes

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by emonkey(m): 6:50am On Oct 13, 2019
Together with our US partners, Iska Music is looking for new music for worldwide distribution . and distribution.
We are presently looking for Afro-fusion, and full-bodied R&B/Hiphop.
We are looking for innovative and well produced music , not electronic crap .
Interested acts should feel free to hit us with TWO (only two) of your best titles, if We like them We will ask for more. Send to dude@iska.space
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by meobizy(f): 7:01am On Oct 13, 2019
They make money from shows, endorsements and concerts.
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by blazepascal(m): 7:38am On Oct 13, 2019
Once you are popular youtube will be paying yuo and also instagram you can also go on tour na dat one wey money dey well well and even showz anything wey u touch na money just pray say u go blow
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by sinceraconcept(m): 7:40am On Oct 13, 2019
benratigan3:
davido blow my mind video has over 20m views. 1 million views equals $8,000 excluding audio streams. do the math and make a hit track.bye
How many of them would have up to 10million views? And that should be Davido's only song that has up to 20million views. Many of them mix legit with illegal

1 Like

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by sinceraconcept(m): 7:48am On Oct 13, 2019
benratigan3:
davido blow my mind video has over 20m views. 1 million views equals $8,000 excluding audio streams. do the math and make a hit track.bye
I've calculated it with the highest paid guy by youtube and your estimation is flawed, it's not up to that at all

1 Like

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by RICHMAN247(m): 7:48am On Oct 13, 2019
Then, how do gospel Artist make their own money too?
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by bamasite(m): 8:27am On Oct 13, 2019
Please, come for refund of all your.school fees!
trevorhorace:

So u made like 1.3m Cool cheesy
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by vertueptime: 8:45am On Oct 13, 2019
Has anyone in Nigerian ever bought song online?

Pearlyakin:
They still make money from downloads and streaming especially on iTunes, Spotify, YouTube i don't know much about boom player maybe they receive money through it.
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Yoighaman(m): 8:50am On Oct 13, 2019
udoekere:
I want to go into music but someone just discourage me that musicians don't really make money from music downloads, how true is this?

Sorry for the comment I'm about to make but the truth, they say, is bitter.

I doubt if you will 'make it' simply because your action is driven by the money, not passion. You see, in anything you do in life, it's easier to make it when you've got the passion, it makes you tough and going when the going gets tough and you will eventually succeed.

Please don't get me wrong or misquote me, not that you cannot 'make it', you just might do... that is why I used the word 'doubt'

1 Like

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Truthbites: 10:59am On Oct 13, 2019
Justbeingreal:
undecided

The industry seems choked up mehn even most popular names you know with multiple songs out are still struggling. Just few big names are really chopping money in it.

Fame doesn't equals success.

U can try your luck tho if you're good. U can get money from being signed to a label, shows, endorsements and online sales on different platforms for streaming your joints.

Fame doesn't mean success! True talk!

1 Like

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Xpol: 11:03am On Oct 13, 2019
muzically:
Itunes, Spotify etc

Cool cash

At $0.007 per stream, my song of 2 wks generated 54,000 streams. That's about $378
I no be popular musician o!
pls can u put me through how to do that?
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by moriton(m): 11:10am On Oct 13, 2019
zinosleek:
If you want to really succeed in music, think about the music and not the money. The money will come after the music.

"Cash is no distraction when the passion is the glue"
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by JeffreyJames(m): 11:29am On Oct 13, 2019
ABCthings:
how many Nigerians are ready to pay for mere music. if the song is not free for download they will download the free ones. Even TV stations will seldomly play ya song

That's the thing Na. Nigerians are always used to bad thing and Na the artist dey promote these bad things along with the useless blogs.
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by JeffreyJames(m): 11:30am On Oct 13, 2019
udoekere:
does that mean that naijaloaded and co post people songs 4 free downloading?

They don't post the songs for free. The Artist pay them. And people download the songs for free. You see there's no sense in it ba?

2 Likes

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 13, 2019
muzically:

You can sell your songs on spotify. They'll stream it where it is available
How then do you register to sell your Song?
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 13, 2019
pocohantas:
-Yahoo
-Endorsements
-Shows/Performances
-Grants from wealthy people and yahoo boys they hype in their songs.
-Big Gods (for the small girls)
-Investments (for the wise ones)
-Royalties
-Finally, some don't have shishii. It is all SHOW-biz
Don't forget big Gods for the gay guys and big goddesses for the gigolos
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by hardon1(m): 12:50pm On Oct 13, 2019
your your information, most of those videos the musicians put online on YouTube are monetized
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by muzically(m): 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2019
jcmaiah:

How then do you register to sell your Song?

WhatsApp me for details
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by udoekere: 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2019
JeffreyJames:

They don't post the songs for free. The Artist pay them. And people download the songs for free. You see there's no sense in it ba?
what does the Artiste get in return? When a song is downloaded is the data converted to money?
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by tunary(m): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2019
Daniel304:
What will you be singing??
Tortori one time tor, tortori me two time tortor tor. music in Nigeria don't need to make sense, it just need to be fun and interesting
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by JeffreyJames(m): 4:18pm On Oct 13, 2019
udoekere:
what does the Artiste get in return? When a song is downloaded is the data converted to money?

Lmao, Data is NEVER converted to money ANYWHERE. The Artist gets nothing in return.
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by udoekere: 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
JeffreyJames:

Lmao, Data is NEVER converted to money ANYWHERE. The Artist gets nothing in return.
nawa ooh,e be like sey na only for Naija musicians de give song for free or is there any country apart from Nigeria that'd give out song for free
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Jyde89: 5:09pm On Oct 13, 2019
muzically:
Itunes, Spotify etc

Cool cash

At $0.007 per stream, my song of 2 wks generated 54,000 streams. That's about $378
I no be popular musician o!

obviously you must have spent a lot on social media promo.
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by benratigan3(m): 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2019
sinceraconcept:
How many of them would have up to 10million views? And that should be Davido's only song that has up to 20million views. Many of them mix legit with illegal
davido so far bro
fall 144m views
if is over 60m views
in fact his accumulated views is over 300m
yemi alade is the first to reach 100m views
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by benratigan3(m): 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
sinceraconcept:
I've calculated it with the highest paid guy by youtube and your estimation is flawed, it's not up to that at all
highest paid guy on YouTube has advert fees bro no just views.he made more money from paid advert and commercial on his channel. hope this info helps
check celebritynetworth.com for his details
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by benratigan3(m): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
jcmaiah:

1million views doesn't have a specific amount. It depends on how many ads people viewed completely before your video plays. Moreover currently 1million views might not get you beyond 1-2k USD

chair,davido has a verified channel, its not some random channel. its managed by DMV and rca records(USA).davido doesn't need adverts to boost views ,adverts needs him
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by benratigan3(m): 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2019
Awol1:

I heard YouTube pays $3k per a million views, now u are saying 8k. Which do I take as authentic?
baba more info on Google. streaming is calculated 0.008 per streams
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by benratigan3(m): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2019
Duane212:
Na lie my guy, he depends on pple wey watch Ads, you fit get 3billion views if nobody watch Ads, Nothing serious go fallout.
davido is not an upcoming artist o my guy,
his channel is managed by rca records (USA).what you are referring to is channels like the one you and I way no get name fit make
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by benratigan3(m): 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
Noel1:
Does Davido own a youtube channel?
yes with over a million paying subscribers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don Pedro Obaseki: Ban Olamide's "Science Student" For Encouraging Drugs Use / Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission / Cynthia Morgan: "Baby Mama" Video - Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.