Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? (43510 Views)

DOWNLOAD Mp3 ALBUM: Burna Boy – Outside [full Album Tracklists Downloads] *new / New Hiphop Mp3 Songs Free Downloads / How Do Musicians Or Artists Make Their Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:49pm On Oct 12, 2019
William5432:
They charge millions for shows and have many endorsement deals with different brands.

Meanwhile

Well, if you haven't listen to Teni's New EP "Billionaire", you're missing a lot, Download Now!

Who her song help?

fat Les Teni
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:51pm On Oct 12, 2019
udoekere:
I want to go into music but someone just discourage me that musicians don't really make money from music downloads, how true is this?

#ALAYEJORJORJOR

2 Likes

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by franchasng: 10:51pm On Oct 12, 2019
pocohantas:
-Yahoo

-Endorsements

-Shows/Performances

-Grants from wealthy people and yahoo boys they hype in their songs.

-Big Gods (for the small girls)

-Investments (for the wise ones)

-Royalties

-Finally, some don't have shishii. It is all SHOW-biz
add YouTube, Spotify and special appearances for some rich folks like wedding parties, political party rallies, carnivals.

But I think they make most money through music shows, reason they love touring around other countries to host music fest's.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by HireSam(m): 10:54pm On Oct 12, 2019
Hmm
Yahoi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by franchasng: 10:54pm On Oct 12, 2019
johnmattew:
concert, endorsement,proceeds from social media ads(influencers),royalties from media houses and music streaming(iTunes,Spotify and Apple music).........and investments

I'm naija...it's concerts, endorsement( from corporate and/or internet fraudsters) and internet fraud/prostitution
you are in the know. Add YouTube to your list.

1 Like

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by BRATISLAVA: 10:54pm On Oct 12, 2019
emeijeh:
Ask Airforce1
ur wickurd
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by ABCthings: 11:00pm On Oct 12, 2019
JeffreyJames:
This thread is funny lol

Most Nigerian Artist are not ready to make money. Till the likes of TooExclusive, notjustokay and Naija loaded are banned, Nigerian upcoming artists will NEVER make money from their songs and will continue to struggle for shows that will not even come in the first place.
Show Organisers want to make profit and will always invite artists that will be profitable to them.

An artist will release song today and pay almost 200k to blogs to help post his songs that people will download FOR FREE. Where is the sense?
When you try to educate them they will tell you "baba leave that thing I just want the song to be out there". And I will just laugh. Your song no go go anywhere. Even if it does highest 3 weeks max, Nigerians don move on, how much you make untop am?

Nigerian Artists are not ready abeg.
how many Nigerians are ready to pay for mere music. if the song is not free for download they will download the free ones. Even TV stations will seldomly play ya song

1 Like

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 12, 2019
udoekere:
does that mean that naijaloaded and co post people songs 4 free downloading?
For those smart artistes that only put their songs in music platforms like iTunes and Spotify. No wahala. Naijaloaded and Co.will download it with their money probably with iTunes gift cards and stream it in their websites and make x4 of the amount spent in purchasing the original song form traffic revenue.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 12, 2019
pocohantas:
-Yahoo

-Endorsements

-Shows/Performances

-Grants from wealthy people and yahoo boys they hype in their songs.

-Big Gods (for the small girls)

-Investments (for the wise ones)

-Royalties

-Finally, some don't have shishii. It is all SHOW-biz

You typed Yahoo boiz twice ... Definitely , you must have affinity with them... Though there's nothing wrong about it... As long as you are fine and comfortable with it.
By the way, I smell you're beautiful. Thanks to those g-boiz that's bankrolling this great investment...
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by udoekere: 11:14pm On Oct 12, 2019
dumo1:

For those smart artistes that only put their songs in music platforms like iTunes and Spotify. No wahala. Naijaloaded and Co.will download it with their money probably with iTunes gift cards and stream it in their websites and make x4 of the amount spent in purchasing the original song form traffic revenue.
Does it mean that Naijaloaded and co do give out music on free downloads?
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 12, 2019
benratigan3:
davido blow my mind video has over 20m views. 1 million views equals $8,000 excluding audio streams. do the math and make a hit track.bye
Does Davido own a youtube channel?
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by autonomous22: 11:18pm On Oct 12, 2019
udoekere:
I want to go into music but someone just discourage me that musicians don't really make money from music downloads, how true is this?

True Yahoo yahoo
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Gspotlicker(m): 11:23pm On Oct 12, 2019
Eyen eka aying nfo ado sef aka iba nte akopusem..se mbi dian ado kwo kanga before afo atongor ayem akuk..nte upcoming ubuku udia ke online stream kanga but amamana abor amor block

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Nigerfine2: 11:24pm On Oct 12, 2019
muzically:
Itunes, Spotify etc

Cool cash

At $0.007 per stream, my song of 2 wks generated 54,000 streams. That's about $378
I no be popular musician o!
Wonderful, let me go stream your track also. You shall go places
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by DNSPro: 11:34pm On Oct 12, 2019
udoekere:
If u no get connection, better find another thing to do with your life before you waste years achieving NOTHING. My brother was in that industry with nothing to show...
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Duane212(m): 11:40pm On Oct 12, 2019
benratigan3:
davido blow my mind video has over 20m views. 1 million views equals $8,000 excluding audio streams. do the math and make a hit track.bye
Na lie my guy, he depends on pple wey watch Ads, you fit get 3billion views if nobody watch Ads, Nothing serious go fallout.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by WeRblessed(f): 11:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
They are all struggling to make it. All na packaging
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by nauto6: 11:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
Bet9ja
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by SavageResponse(m): 12:25am On Oct 13, 2019
Show business is all make-believe
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Elliot2(m): 12:35am On Oct 13, 2019
muzically:
Itunes, Spotify etc

Cool cash

At $0.007 per stream, my song of 2 wks generated 54,000 streams. That's about $378
I write songs for a fee bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 13, 2019
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Trueyarn(m): 1:06am On Oct 13, 2019
The are pickers for Gboiz
They lunder money for currupt politicians
Some have amorous affairs with gay politicians, oil moguls, fotballers etc.

Then finally... The truth, the very successful ones have a contract with ESU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by MoIbrahim: 1:28am On Oct 13, 2019
They make money when you watch their videos online and when you listen or download on things like iTune and Boomplay. Apart from payment for the adverts you are see, there is a sharing formula for the data you use.
Theres no free meal even in Freetown
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by madjune(m): 1:59am On Oct 13, 2019
Music streaming.

They won't tell you that in Nigeria because it hardly works.
In fact, it doesn't work because of Nepa etc.

We got Spotify, Pandora music and so much more.
They pay royalties to these artistes for their songs to be on their package.
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Kabaka100: 3:15am On Oct 13, 2019
kernniejay:
So I heard, but the famous ones make money from endorsements and brand deals. The industry is so saturated and every mushroom musician is just scampering for slots in the industry. It's like every youth in Nigeria now finds passion in music.

Spotify, iTunes and YouTube dey pay if you dey popular. Wizkid, Burn a boy, Mr Easzi and etc dey command at least $5000 or maybe more weekly from itunes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 13, 2019
benratigan3:

I heard YouTube pays $3k per a million views, now u are saying 8k. Which do I take as authentic?
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Nobody: 3:21am On Oct 13, 2019
benratigan3:
1million views doesn't have a specific amount. It depends on how many ads people viewed completely before your video plays. Moreover currently 1million views might not get you beyond 1-2k USD
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by Nobody: 3:23am On Oct 13, 2019
muzically:
Itunes, Spotify etc

Cool cash

Spotify is not available in Nigeria na, or are you outside Nigeria?
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by LONGPREEK(m): 3:44am On Oct 13, 2019
yahoo. drugs male and female prostitution. argue with your lanlord
Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by WISEONE12: 4:26am On Oct 13, 2019
boookworm:
����
Today, I met my ex and she was kissing her new boyfriend in front of a store, I was watching them and she saw me then she asked me what I was doing there. I told her my wife is pregnant and I am here to buy baby stuffs and I am very very happy. I spoke as if they asked me that.
I proceeded in as she was looking at me, I bought 3 buckets, a baby seat and a baby bed with sponge with soaps then I chattered a taxi and left. She and her boyfriend were looking at me and I felt they envied me sooo much.
Now, my issue is, if you know any woman who has given birth, I am selling buckets, baby seat, soaps and sponge for sale ����

You too mad bro!
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 6:06am On Oct 13, 2019
muzically:
Itunes, Spotify etc

Cool cash

Wow... Where did you post it?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don Pedro Obaseki: Ban Olamide's "Science Student" For Encouraging Drugs Use / Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission / Cynthia Morgan: "Baby Mama" Video - Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.