Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences (25220 Views)

Initiation Stages Of Female Cultists / Lady Runs Away As Boyfriend Stages Fake Police Raid To Propose. Photos / Lady Stages Proposal After Facebook Said She Would Be Married In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Writercruze: 7:25am On Oct 13, 2019

It doesn’t matter what most people think about love; I still believe that it’s beautiful. From meeting your partner the first time, asking her out, and winning her over, it always comes in stages. If you understand these stages of a relationship, you can manage your love life effortlessly.

Every successful relationship you see undergoes these different stages. And during these stages, you will experience infatuation, disappointment, commitment, and reality…

But one thing is for sure – two people can never have the same experience in a relationship. This is why experts are of the opinion that every relationship is unique.

Let me ask you a question; you must have had experience with many relationships. Was your experience with these partners the same? The answer is No.

The Infatuation and Romance Stage

The infatuation and romance stage is the first step in every relationship. I often call this stage the “mumu” period as the people in love don’t see things clearly and objectively.

Most often than none, the infatuation or romance period in a relationship is not more than two years. After this, the couples in love will start embracing reality.

In my opinion, the romance or infatuation period is like the false reality of love. Do you know why? The lovers fall in love with the belief that nothing could possibly go wrong.

They never see faults in each other’s flaws. All they do is to focus on each other’s good sides. During this time, you will hear statements like “I can never live without you” a lot. Oops! Don’t worry, reality will soon dawn on them.

Let me put it another way; during the romance period in a relationship, lovers are still victims of the lie that “relationships are perfect. All they strive to do at this stage is to create a beautiful love story without tragedy. But they fail to understand that no relationship is truly perfect.

The Crisis and Power Struggle Stage

The infatuation stage doesn’t last forever. A time will come when you will start seeing reality. This reality stage is the crisis.

During the crisis period, you will start to see things. And you will start seeing your partner’s flaws you used to ignore. When you start arguing over little issues, it’s an indication of the crisis.

If you and your partner are matured, you could quickly wither the storm that comes with this stage. And once your relationship withstands this stage, it could stand the test of time.

Sadly, divorces and breakups usually happen at this stage. It’s in the great test of your relationship. And it’s in this stage you see your partner’s real character.

You will understand how they react to issues and how forgiving they are. At this stage, you will start looking beyond love. In fact, you may start asking yourself questions like, “Can I cope with this his or her attitude”?

The Stability Stage

The stability stage is the post-crisis period of a relationship. Have you ever had this experience – “ After a serious fight with your lover, the relationship gets stronger?” Well, it’s the stability stage.

During the stability stage, you guys have understood what caused the previous fight and try to reach a compromise. So, this is a peaceful period in a relationship.

Commitment Stage

During the commitment stage, things are getting rosy in the relationship. Your partner may propose to you anytime during this stage. Even though you may not be getting married during this stage, it’s an indication that there can be a future between you guys.

Again, in the commitment stage, you and your partners will embrace reality. You understand that the Disneyland love fairytale you crave for in a relationship doesn’t exist.

The Trust Stage

The trust stage is one of the most beautiful stages of a relationship. But it is often difficult to achieve this milestone. If your relationship can reach this stage, you have nothing to worry about. It takes a while to reach this stage, but you can lose it within the twinkle of an eye.

During this stage, you and your partner will trust each other to the extent that if you catch him or her p*nt down with another person, you will doubt yourself.

The True Love Stage

This is where everybody aspires to be in a relationship. You see all the fights, arguments, and disagreements you had during the early days of your relationship, they are all tailored towards achieving true love.

Sadly, not every relationship makes it to this stage. But if you make it to this stage, the love you have for your partner will be selfless. Most times, this stage usually happens in marriage. Any marriage that reaches the true love stage seldom experiences divorce.

https://www.naijalovetips.com/6-stages-of-a-relationship-every-lover-experiences/

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Writercruze: 7:26am On Oct 13, 2019
Read also: 50 Breathtaking Deep Love Message For Him ===> https://www.naijalovetips.com/50-breathtaking-deep-love-messages-for-him/

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Brown14: 7:29am On Oct 13, 2019
what about the break up stage?

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Rafwealth: 11:50am On Oct 13, 2019
Your mate are making money you are here giving relationship lecturers. Lazy Nigerian Youths. lol

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by 24hoursreporter: 11:58am On Oct 13, 2019
nice write up OP

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:03pm On Oct 13, 2019
Really nice, I'm still on stage 2 and it's exhausting.

1 Like

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Psalm2423(m): 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2019
Brown14:

That’s the reason I even opened this thread. OP, write on the breakup stage.

1 Like

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Beverlyjean(f): 3:26pm On Oct 13, 2019
Beautiful write up... The second stage is the most delicate... If u and ur partner overcome this stage , then u are most likely to spend the rest of ur lives together... Most people fail at this stage due to one partner being very selfish or unforgiving

18 Likes

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Beverlyjean(f): 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2019
Brown14:

Comprehension and understanding is quite difficult for some people... The crisis and power struggle stage is the break up stage , but if u survive it , then the chances of break up is almost 0%

30 Likes

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Writercruze: 8:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
Brown14:

The break up stage is the crisis and power struggle stage. A whole lot of things happen during that stage. Many marriages and relationship break up during this stage.

1 Like

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Writercruze: 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
Rafwealth:
Your mate are making money you are here giving relationship lecturers. Lazy Nigerian Youths. lol

So because my mates are making money, I can't give people relationship advise again? Small children everywhere on nairaland.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Chrisus(m): 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
Fresh outta stage two

1 Like

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Writercruze: 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
Chrisus:
Fresh outta stage two

Nice one, I guess you are in the stability stage now.
Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by CosmicJames(m): 9:13pm On Oct 13, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Comprehension and understanding is quite difficult for some people... The crisis and power struggle stage is the break up stage , but if u survive it , then the chances of break up is almost 0%

Exactly. It is only crisis that establish or break relationships. Crisis bring out the true colors of each person in a relationship.
In the process, a relationship is established or broken.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Writercruze: 9:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
CosmicJames:

Exactly. It is only crisis that establish or break relationships. Crisis bring out the true colors of each person in a relationship.
In the process, a relationship is established or broken.

Thumbs up

2 Likes

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by CosmicJames(m): 9:25pm On Oct 13, 2019
Writercruze:

The break up stage is the crisis and power struggle stage. A whole lot of things happen during that stage. Many marriages and relationship break up during this stage.

You made so many valid points. But I think Power Struggle should be separated from crisis. Crisis is a stand alone phase of a relationship and usually don't last longer.

But power struggle seems to be continuous and can last longer until one person wins the fight and take the power structure in a relationship

6 Likes

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Magnoliaa(f): 2:48am On Oct 14, 2019
And it becomes more practical and less 'tingly' as it deepens. cry

Beautiful article ❤️.

OP, what do you think make the True Love stage achievable?

1 Like

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Writercruze: 5:32am On Oct 14, 2019
CosmicJames:

You made so many valid points. But I think Power Struggle should be separated from crisis. Crisis is a stand alone phase of a relationship and usually don't last longer.

But power struggle seems to be continuous and can last longer until one person wins the fight and take the power structure in a relationship

True!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Rafwealth: 6:01am On Oct 14, 2019
@ lalasticlala this is a front page article, do the needful.
Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Cutefergieee: 10:49am On Oct 14, 2019
ok
Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by midehi2(f): 10:49am On Oct 14, 2019
sad
Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:50am On Oct 14, 2019
Interesting thread.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by helinues: 10:50am On Oct 14, 2019
The brain is wonderful. It works from when u're born & doesn't stop until...

You fall in love! Then you become a classic Mumu!

5 Likes

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by uthlaw: 10:51am On Oct 14, 2019
Rafwealth:
u dey mind him...I don't know when love start paying bills!

1 Like

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Abalado(f): 10:52am On Oct 14, 2019
So how does this affect or deffect or daffect Nigeria economy o

2 Likes

Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by solmusdesigns: 10:52am On Oct 14, 2019
undecided

Yeah right
Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by phr0nesis(m): 10:53am On Oct 14, 2019
Mine started from down to up
Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 14, 2019
cheesy beautiful article,most relationships ends in number 2.
Re: 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences by uthlaw: 10:55am On Oct 14, 2019
Writercruze:
Love is beautiful with the right partner. But with the wrong partner, it's a nightmare.
right or wrong partner apart From sex nothing beautiful about it again!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why People Claim They Love You But End Up Settling With Someone Else / My Love For Small Girls: Is It Normal? / Why Do Guys Ask Out Their Friend's Girlfriend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.