Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,800 members, 7,827,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management (22870 Views)

Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by murphyibiam15(m): 7:05am On Oct 14, 2019
iLiquidator:

The most senseless comment of the year

Then why do you go for weekend every Saturday and Sunday? Is it not designed for Christian's to worship that man called Jesus? Oh... He is just a hoax JESUS is just a man-made God grin

The most senseless comment of the year

Then why do you go for weekend every Saturday and Sunday? Is it not designed for Christian's to worship that man called Jesus? Oh... He is just a hoax gringringrin

JESUS is just a man-made God
you're daft and unexposed...by now you should know that Nigeria uses an English Calendar and sat , sun are both public holidays and Friday isn't ...you see how senseless u are
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by murphyibiam15(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2019
adebopo:
. 1pm daily or just on Friday,I beg read the post very well. I'm sure if your boss asked you to come to work on every Sunday morning you u won't like it as well
Sunday is a weekend, that's..is government made
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by MicroBox: 7:18am On Oct 14, 2019
murphyibiam15:
Nigeria and religion Sha, I just don't get it on how a worker will leave his work 1pm daily to pray, just because you're a Muslim.. Some religion no just follow
No just follow what?
So its okay to disrespect/abuse other peoples religion right. Even if its a fixed lecture or tutorial slated for sunday, its would be in the afternoon's.
Yoruba Muslims too dey slack. I trust northerners on this.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Gallantrugged: 7:20am On Oct 14, 2019
Guzel:
Professors that can’t distinguish between work and religion.

You that knows the difference between time to hustle and time to visit ashawo, I hail ohhh!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by emmasege: 7:28am On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:
But why are majority of Yoruba's Muslim? just asking meant no insult..
Majority are not Muslims. At best, we are 50-50, if not 55 in favour of Christians. Remember Ekiti and Ondo are predominantly Christians. It's just that Ishmaelites irrespective of their numbers, are trouble makers and as such, are noise makers.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by emmasege: 7:33am On Oct 14, 2019
fergie001:
They want the VC seat and the University have sworn, it won't happen.

All this is a smokescreen, that's the target.

You got it bro.

UI and OAU will never produce Muslim VC.

UNILAG may continue experimenting with Muslim VC. ABU did it, now their academic standard has since nose-dived.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by fergie001: 7:34am On Oct 14, 2019
emmasege:
You got it bro.

UI and OAU will never produce Muslim VC.

UNILAG may continue experimenting with Muslim VC. ABU did it, now their academic standard has since nose-dived.
That's their target.....kolewerk sha.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Upworkwriter007(f): 7:35am On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:
If majority of Yoruba's are Muslims, will the Muslim profs be shouting about anti-islam policy or will ISI Ibadan have problems with the use of head coverings? Yoruba land is 50/50 that's of u add kwara state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by maasoap(m): 7:37am On Oct 14, 2019
murphyibiam15:
Nigeria and religion Sha, I just don't get it on how a worker will leave his work 1pm daily to pray, just because you're a Muslim.. Some religion no just follow

I think a better alternative is to declare Fridayd work-free days just like Sundays. I'm sure that you would support that wholeheartedly if 3 hours is too much. Hypocrites everywhere
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by somehow: 7:37am On Oct 14, 2019
Should we start working on Sundays too?
healthserve:
Nigeria. A school e tending its work hours is now anti Islam agenda. Turn the nation into a mosque na
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by olajide8(m): 7:38am On Oct 14, 2019
anataala:
It's not rubbish Sir, we need respect other people's feeling, how will you feel if meeting was slated on Sunday for you, they complain about the timing 12 to 3pm is not appropriate for them because it's time for Jummat prayers.

Then I go for the meeting, especially if that is where my bread and butter is being paid for- a man's belief should not interfere with the reason he is employed, we play too much in this country - Moreso, for better analysis of this issue, when a person is being employed it specified in his terms of employment the work hours and days, and for that period the organization owns you, because that period is being paid for - so why should you then take away that from the organization?, bottom line if you believe your work is disturbing your personal believe, then leave the organization

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by maasoap(m): 7:39am On Oct 14, 2019
healthserve:
Nigeria. A school e tending its work hours is now anti Islam agenda. Turn the nation into a mosque na

The reason why Nigeria is the way it is, is that we're all hypocrites, double-faced human beings. Like leaders like followers.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Brunicekid(m): 7:39am On Oct 14, 2019
Techwriter:
What politics brought 38 islamic professors all Muslims to one university that is not even in the North? It. Needs be investigated further.

While Christians are busy debating tithe the jihadists are putting their people in strategic positions. This is more serious than RUGA.
Are you seriously serious? Firstly, they ain't "Islamic professors" but professors. And, this is a Federal University, where academicians from different tribes are present there. Just like a Yoruba police is in Zamfara or even s commissioner in Sokoto State.

Am a Christian, and i will say that religious tolerance is very key.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by ProudDick: 7:40am On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:

When did you conduct the census?

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by maasoap(m): 7:44am On Oct 14, 2019
deor03:
I hope IFA professors will petition too, since Mon- Fri is reserved for IFA worship

Africans need to examine their brains, we simply focus on the wrong things

Let the school management honour the resolution and stop bringing illogical reasoning here. If Christians should enjoy a whole day for worshipping, I don't know why Muslims shouldn't enjoy just 2-3 hours. You think that if Muslims in Nigeria want work-free Fridays, they wouldn't get it? Muslims are not minority in Nigeria, accord them the respect they deserve. That's why we usually say that we have Boko Haram too among Christians, your level of intolerance stinks to heaven

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Khaleell001(m): 7:46am On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:

You better go look for wife.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Khaleell001(m): 7:47am On Oct 14, 2019
healthserve:

I guess if this was done to Christains the whole nation would have gone up in smoke because you people see nothing other than Islamization even when it's not related.
Go take care of you patient and let this matter slide.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by RemiOAjayi: 7:48am On Oct 14, 2019
Why should a prof at University take religion so passionately? We are finished as a people infact they should stop all religious Nonsense we are backward in science and technology which are the ways to alleviate human sufferings but some educated idiots are talking of religion. They should kuku close University for religion purpose or turn UI to Mosque and churches.

In UI we write exams on Sundays as DLC students so what is the is the issue ?

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Khaleell001(m): 7:51am On Oct 14, 2019
worlexy:
Remove religion from the problems Africa is facing, then you will realise that Africa won't have any problem anymore
Very dumb thinking.
So asking for a free time to exercise one's right as an adherent to a religion is now a problem.
I can see why some of you are just programmed robots. When every confused liberalist says religion is a problem people like who don't think join them and say the same thing.
Your liberalism is just too confusing that you don't know what to say.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Khaleell001(m): 7:54am On Oct 14, 2019
olajide8:

What is all this rubbish? What concerns education with religion - these people have started again, they want to polarize the society with religion

What concerns school management and all this rubbish, why do they always have to force a private belief on others Abi Na only them get personal belief?

Did you even read the post at all?
I. doubt it very much.
I know some of you have this innate hatred for Islām that whenever Muslims demand for the same right you guys use for frivolities you see it as religion becoming too attached to education.
Religion is education and education is religion. There are inseparable.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by RemiOAjayi: 7:54am On Oct 14, 2019
maasoap:

Let the school management honour the resolution and stop bringing illogical reasoning here. If Christians should enjoy a whole day for worshipping, I don't think why Muslims shouldn't enjoy just 2-3 hours. You think that if Muslims in Nigeria want work-free Fridays, they wouldn't get it? Muslims are not minority in Nigeria, accord them the respect they deserve. That's why we usually say that we have Boko Haram too among Christians, your level of intolerance stinks to heaven

Look at what u are writing? Sunday was not reserved for christians get that into ur head, Saturday and Sundays are free work days and the christians took Sunday as their day of worship nothing stop Muslims to do the same but Friday is a working day. Moreso, why should we worry about religion when there are countless issues to solve around us ?
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Khaleell001(m): 7:54am On Oct 14, 2019
Techwriter:
What politics brought 38 islamic professors all Muslims to one university that is not even in the North? It. Needs be investigated further.

While Christians are busy debating tithe the jihadists are putting their people in strategic positions. This is more serious than RUGA.

Rubbish!
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Khaleell001(m): 7:56am On Oct 14, 2019
davodyguy:

What's if you're in the plane at that time, will the pilot stop the plane for you because of your religion?

Bullshit
I pity your parents.
is this how to reason?
Just tell me?

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Khaleell001(m): 8:01am On Oct 14, 2019
DandyWalker:
Quick questions: Have you been to the South West? Ok, in case you haven't, majority of Ondo, Ekiti, and Lagos indigenes are Christians, while most of Oyo and Osun are Muslims. Ogun State is kind of balanced. Are you clear now?
How do you know majority of Lagos and Ogun indigenes are Christians?
Did you carry out any survey?
I may not argue Ekiti and Ondo, but definitely not Lagos and Ogun.
I know you will use the number of churches in those states to affirm your opinion, but it is not totally correct.
Majority of church goers in Lagos and Ogun if we look clearly may not (I am using "may" because we are not too sure based on census) even be Yorubas to begin with.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by AgentNairaland(f): 8:12am On Oct 14, 2019
Religion Of Pieces, War And Destruction.. Once You Hear Allahu Akubaru As Christian please Run 40-40 Cos Jihad Wanna Start Where Beheading And Killing Shall Commence
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by fawaz050(m): 8:13am On Oct 14, 2019
Techwriter:

Your post reeks of sheer tribalism and divisiveness. What's the politics behind having as much Muslim Professors in a Federal School So if there are 50 Christian Professors in a certain school there's surely an ulterior motive behind abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by darkelf: 8:22am On Oct 14, 2019
deor03:
I hope IFA professors will petition too, since Mon- Fri is reserved for IFA worship

Africans need to examine their brains, we simply focus on the wrong things

I thought it was about something more serious like how grants were disbursed or how curriculum was designed. I never knew that it was about Religious sentiments again.

Its just very painful. This is one of the reasons our Universities aren't moving forward.

Will these professors have acted this way if they were in America? A land where lard work is valued above religious sentiments. I doubt it

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Tsufyaan: 8:56am On Oct 14, 2019
badoh:
I have come to realize that the tolerant level of muslims(fanatical or not) is too low. If an academic programme e.g exam is fixed on Sunday, you hardly see Christians complaining however, reverse is the case if same exam is fixed on Friday if it coincides with their prayer time, they will protest unnecessary.

Which schools fix exams on Sunday in Nigeria? Please clarify never seen any bro

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Tsufyaan: 9:00am On Oct 14, 2019
RemiOAjayi:

Look at what u are writing? Sunday was not reserved for christians get that into ur head, Saturday and Sundays are free work days and the christians took Sunday as their day of worship nothing stop Muslims to do the same but Friday is a working day. Moreso, why should we worry about religion when there are countless issues to solve around us ?

You people are just full of bullshit how did you arrived at Christian picking Sunday as their church day? Stop this madness slowpoke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Caseless: 9:16am On Oct 14, 2019
healthserve:
but it's best that all activities are closed on sundays so that christians can worship in their churches. It's because of some hate-filled nigerian christians that I support the calls to have thursday/friday as muslims' weekend. You people think you're smart.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Coolgent(m): 9:20am On Oct 14, 2019
Now if the Federal university Gusau start lecture and meeting on Sunday 8 to 4pm they will start wailing and shouting Islamisation!
There should be tolerance in our day to day lives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2006/2007 Waec Results Out ! / Army Rescues 6 Kidnapped Students Of Federal University Of Gusau / 6 Types Of Lecturers You Find In Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.