Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management (22873 Views)

Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Caseless: 9:25am On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:
But why are majority of Yoruba's Muslim? just asking meant no insult..
why are majority of ibo xtains?

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Adekdammy: 9:29am On Oct 14, 2019
The university has not done well by encroaching into the time the Muslim faithfuls pray. The university should do the needful
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by RemiOAjayi: 9:41am On Oct 14, 2019
Tsufyaan:

You people are just full of bullshit how did you arrived at Christian picking Sunday as their church day? Stop this madness slowpoke.

Whatever u like u can say, the madness of religion is driving u guys crazy, u can relocate to Zamfara or Kano they are known to be real fanatics of religion. Love for humanity and believe in God is sufficient for me as a religion
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Omoejigbahe(m): 9:44am On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:

Your observation is not correct, muslims don't constitute majority of our population. There are towns in yoruba land without a mosque, that cant be said about a church.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by worlexy(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2019
Khaleell001:

Very dumb thinking.
So asking for a free time to exercise one's right as an adherent to a religion is now a problem.
I can see why some of you are just programmed robots. When every confused liberalist says religion is a problem people like who don't think join them and say the same thing.
Your liberalism is just too confusing that you don't know what to say.
I'm entitled to my thoughts, if you're not okay with what I wrote, write your own. Carry your frustrations off my mention.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by murphyibiam15(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2019
MicroBox:

No just follow what?
So its okay to disrespect/abuse other peoples religion right. Even if its a fixed lecture or tutorial slated for sunday, its would be in the afternoon's.
Yoruba Muslims too dey slack. I trust northerners on this.
Nigeria uses English calendar and can't fix anything on Sunday, it has nothing to do with Nigerian Christians..same colonial masters who handed power to the north did so..if you get my point..
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by maasoap(m): 9:58am On Oct 14, 2019
RemiOAjayi:

Look at what u are writing? Sunday was not reserved for christians get that into ur head, Saturday and Sundays are free work days and the christians took Sunday as their day of worship nothing stop Muslims to do the same but Friday is a working day. Moreso, why should we worry about religion when there are countless issues to solve around us?

Christians hypocrisy stinks to heaven. Why not call on the school management to be human first instead of this boring and repetitive lines
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by fortran12: 10:08am On Oct 14, 2019
edoairways:

Unfortunately Nigeria is not UAE, it is a secular state like every other states globally.
so no religious preference
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Peacecoy19: 10:24am On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:

Why is your response so contradictory undecided
It is not contradictory Rather his question naturally and logically flows from what you stated.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by jamiudinho(m): 10:25am On Oct 14, 2019
mzBEAM:
Religion is a scam.

Political scientists in the house like me can relate
So Jesus is a scam
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by ajadi4real: 10:26am On Oct 14, 2019
davodyguy:
If you like put in Sunday.
Religion is the opium
Individual rights need to be respected, even our constitution that bind us together respected our differences. Pls stop insulting and infringing on the right of the Muslims. Nigeria belongs to all.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by TemmyT002(m): 10:30am On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:

I dey laugh o
How many times have you been to Yoruba land?

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by lookingfly: 10:32am On Oct 14, 2019
38 dounce professors......thank God i didn't school there talk more of being thought by those nigers. Sometimes when you listen to some Profs. You just get the feeling that you're better than them.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Aboks(m): 10:44am On Oct 14, 2019
Anti-islam indeed
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Rotmaxx(m): 10:54am On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:
I don't agree, they are not majority

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Rotmaxx(m): 11:23am On Oct 14, 2019
iLiquidator:

The most senseless comment of the year

Then why do you go for weekend every Saturday and Sunday? Is it not designed for Christian's to worship that man called Jesus? Oh... He is just a hoax JESUS is just a man-made God grin

The most senseless comment of the year

Then why do you go for weekend every Saturday and Sunday? Is it not designed for Christian's to worship that man called Jesus? Oh... He is just a hoax gringringrin

JESUS is just a man-made God
oloriburuku alaye rada rada....tie ti taa finally...... for calling Almighty Jesus man made, u are finished
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by olajide8(m): 11:37am On Oct 14, 2019
Khaleell001:

Did you even read the post at all?
I. doubt it very much.
I know some of you have this innate hatred for Islām that whenever Muslims demand for the same right you guys use for frivolities you see it as religion becoming too attached to education.
Religion is education and education is religion. There are inseparable.

What is all this crave for attention, or victim mentality that you people are trying to force down the throat of others - to make matters worst, it's also a borrowed religion, you peeps don't even own it, and for your information nobody hates Islam, my late grand parents are all Muslims and they didn't practice this kind of religion, that you peeps of nowadays are practicing which is all about forcing acceptance instead of conviction acceptance.

What is the relationship between Sunday and trying to justify wants, which are not in our society? And how it indirectly affect employment terms as signed too and agreed by the employee - If you want to change the status quo, then change the official work and weekend break around the world, that nigeria official ascribes too, if not Saudi Arabia, Iran runs a Sunday to Thursday schedule you peeps are free to relocate
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by RemiOAjayi: 11:50am On Oct 14, 2019
[quote author=maasoap post=83122030]

Christians hypocrisy stinks to heaven. Why not call on the school management to be human first instead of this boring and repetitive lines [/quote

Be human because Muslims are not being given admission? Human because Muslims lecturers are not in the school? Be human over what ? Do you know the meaning of the word u used? What is inhuman in following a long established system that u guys want to distort in the of one Arab religion? Has anyone ever stopped anyone from practicing what they believe in in Southwest ? But u cannot come and turn our source of scientific lessons to a religious institution. If u want one go to the North, u will find religion fanatics there ]
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Khaleell001(m): 11:56am On Oct 14, 2019
olajide8:

What is all this crave for attention, or victim mentality that you people are trying to force down the throat of others - to make matters worst, it's also a borrowed religion, you peeps don't even own it, and for your information nobody hates Islam, my late grand parents are all Muslims and they didn't practice this kind of religion, that you peeps of nowadays are practicing which is all about forcing acceptance instead of conviction acceptance.

What is the relationship between Sunday and trying to justify wants, which are not in our society? And how it indirectly affect employment terms as signed too and agreed by the employee - If you want to change the status quo, then change the official work and weekend break around the world, that nigeria official ascribes too, if not Saudi Arabia, Iran runs a Sunday to Thursday schedule you peeps are free to relocate

like I said, you didn't read the points they made concerning their agitation, but only came to spite them because you felt "these Mozlems their own don too much "

Talking about what your grand parents practiced then and now are different circumstances and situations which I expect you to logically not draw reference from, but as you couldn't hide your latent dislike for Islām it showed.

for your information , these professors were only drawing the attention of the management that the time aloted to them for their Friday service was being used to their disadvantage.And I don't know what is wrong in this?
instead of being objective you went sentimental because your saw the words Muslims and Islām. in the same post.
One thing you guys should know especially you Christians is, you can't force out of anywhere.
We own this country together.
And we can say and do what we like as far as it harms no one.
You better start living with that reality.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Khaleell001(m): 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2019
Rotmaxx:
oloriburuku alaye rada rada....tie ti taa finally...... for calling Almighty Jesus man made, u are finished

Was Jesus not a man?
If you claim he is not,then who died on the cross?
God? can God die according to your Christian teaching?
If Jesus "died" it means he was a man.
Simple basic common understanding.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by ajadi4real: 12:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:

Why is your response so contradictory undecided
I think you see the initial comment he quoted and responded to. What is contradiction there.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by ThatFairGuy: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2019
How many times Will you people be told that it's compulsory for a Muslim to pray five times daily, compulsory for Muslim women to use hijab Or because of that we shouldn't participate in life activities again? Please tolerate this for us, we can't go against God's commandments
murphyibiam15:
Nigeria and religion Sha, I just don't get it on how a worker will leave his work 1pm daily to pray, just because you're a Muslim.. Some religion no just follow
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by mrkia(m): 12:51pm On Oct 14, 2019
fergie001:
They want the VC seat and the University have sworn, it won't happen.

All this is a smokescreen, that's the target.

a pervert sighted. They will never addressed the issue raised
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by fergie001: 1:15pm On Oct 14, 2019
mrkia:
a pervert sighted. They will never addressed the issue raised
Kareem Ibrahim from Oshogbo.......
Non-pervert

lzaa immhotep grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by LZAA: 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2019
fergie001:

Kareem Ibrahim from Oshogbo.......
Non-pervert

lzaa immhotep grin

grin
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Hussainmaaji: 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:
You are an Ipob right? Just asking no insult
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by MoIbrahim: 3:30pm On Oct 14, 2019
Na talk dem dey find. You can see people like dem are already making noise here.

The way we are going one day, in this country, weekly holidays will be Friday and Sunday, and we'll all go to work on Saturday. We go see who that one go pain pass.

olayinka63:
And those hours of 12-3 pm on Friday is not for Muslims alone. Why would they fixed anything in that hour knowing that Friday is mostly synonymous with Muslims?This action confirmed their anti Islam policy.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by de1de1SnrAd: 4:40pm On Oct 14, 2019
Did I just read that they are professors? Professors as religion bigotry?! Then this country is in trouble
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by murphyibiam15(m): 6:15pm On Oct 14, 2019
ThatFairGuy:
How many times Will you people be told that it's compulsory for a Muslim to pray five times daily, compulsory for Muslim women to use hijab Or because of that we shouldn't participate in life activities again? Please tolerate this for us, we can't go against God's commandments
I'm not intolerant of your religion, ..you guys should try to tolerate others too, you can't keep leaving work daily to pray when you could also do it in the evening,..God didn't tell u to be unwise, use common sense, God is a wise
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by ThatFairGuy: 9:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
It's prescribed for us with specific time... No postponement.
murphyibiam15:

I'm not intolerant of your religion, ..you guys should try to tolerate others too, you can't keep leaving work daily to pray when you could also do it in the evening,..God didn't tell u to be unwise, use common sense, God is a wise
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by kayjay69(m): 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
I am a muslim by the way.
Orllynolekzii:

Your last paragraph speaks sense.
Your statistics is a fallacy of unwarranted assumption. Your level of intolerance has made you like that.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by sirzango(m): 12:28am On Oct 15, 2019
murphyibiam15:
Nigeria and religion Sha, I just don't get it on how a worker will leave his work 1pm daily to pray, just because you're a Muslim.. Some religion no just follow
Just because you lost touch with your Creator doesn't mean everyone should!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Army Rescues 6 Kidnapped Students Of Federal University Of Gusau / 6 Types Of Lecturers You Find In Nigerian Universities / JAMB UTME Pre-registration Tips For Candidates – 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.