Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,833 members, 7,828,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management (22872 Views)

Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by edoairways: 1:44am On Oct 14, 2019
fortran12:

No preference shld be given to any religion. If schools hold on Sundays, Christians will gladly accommodate the change. Churches in Dubai dont take place on Sunday and heaven did not fall.
Unfortunately Nigeria is not UAE, it is a secular state like every other states globally.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Nobody: 2:37am On Oct 14, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

I am not talking about those who came to settle in Lagos and started claiming lagosians o. The original lagosians are majorly Muslims. Do your findings well bro.
Sadly , I agree with you.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Amah70: 2:48am On Oct 14, 2019
We still remember the not too distant past when a very rich and prominent Yoruba Moslem told Nigerians that the Sultan of Sokoto be called the Sultan of Nigeria. In other words, Nigeria to become a Sultanate - a multi religious country divided nearly equally between Christians and Moslems to become a Sultanate? . Yoruba Moslems and confusion with extreme Islam are drawback to Yoruba development, drawback to Oduduwa Republic which could have rapidly developed Yoruba land.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Shugavee(f): 3:00am On Oct 14, 2019
healthserve:
Nigeria. A school e tending its work hours is now anti Islam agenda. Turn the nation into a mosque na
comon on Sunday is a free day , Friday isn’t, atleast they should allow them do their thing since high majority over there are Muslims

3 Likes

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by sexyyoyo(m): 3:23am On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:
But why are majority of Yoruba's Muslim? just asking meant no insult..

Don't say what you don't know.
Majority of Yoruba's are not Muslim.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by oladipojesse(m): 3:42am On Oct 14, 2019
Isinweke:
In this world we have two group of people.

Muslims vs Non Muslims.

If that's how minute your mind is, then you live in bondage, BONDAGE OF THE MIND AND SPIRIT!
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Moon70: 3:47am On Oct 14, 2019
murphyibiam15:
Nigeria and religion Sha, I just don't get it on how a worker will leave his work 1pm daily to pray, just because you're a Muslim.. Some religion no just follow
You are not serious
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by mamaafrik(m): 4:15am On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:
majority of yorubas are not Muslims,if you have a proof please share
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Empiree: 4:18am On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:
because Islam is the religion of truth

3 Likes

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by enemyofprogress: 4:22am On Oct 14, 2019
Luckysbab:

Alright. Say hi to Dominique. cool

Why are you still up tho; she pushed you out? I can understand why. wink
i go wound you o

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Empiree: 4:22am On Oct 14, 2019
PureGoldh:
We should always try and respect each others religion.

We all have individual differences and as such our beliefs differs too

My people... If you need Original Pure Honey.. Call or whatsapp 0 8 1 0 166 6771
CHRISTIANs (not average CHRISTIANs but CAN) have terrible agenda. Please see if you can grab their manifesto published in 1994. Their plans against Islam is terrible. They are very intolerant. If you can't find their their manifesto, please search for former pastor Oyewole on YouTube where he talks at length on this evil plans.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by mamaafrik(m): 4:22am On Oct 14, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

I am not talking about those who came to settle in Lagos and started claiming lagosians o. The original lagosians are majorly Muslims. Do your findings well bro.
majority of isaleeko people(the native lagosians are egun),and it is very rare to see an egun muslim.
I never saw one
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Empiree: 4:25am On Oct 14, 2019
olayinka63:
And those hours of 12-3 pm on Friday is not for Muslims alone. Why would they fixed anything in that hour knowing that Friday is mostly synonymous with Muslims?This action confirmed their anti Islam policy.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Enculer: 4:39am On Oct 14, 2019
Lazy people.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Difrent: 4:46am On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:

But why are majority ibos Christians? Just asking meant no insult
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by aminusodiq(m): 5:25am On Oct 14, 2019
healthserve:
Nigeria. A school e tending its work hours is now anti Islam agenda. Turn the nation into a mosque na
oponu ni e see
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by crafteck(m): 5:29am On Oct 14, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

You are very wrong with Lagos. Majority of real Lagosians are Muslims not Christians. You can go and make your findings well.

To a large extent... Yeah but your definition of real is outdated. NOT ONLY EPE AND LAGOS ISLANDERS OWN LAGOS
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by excel001(m): 5:31am On Oct 14, 2019
fairfora:
That's not true. The only states in the south west or yoruba nation where you could find muslims as dominant are Osun and Oyo States. In Lagos, Ondo, Ekiti and ogun States, Christians are on the majority side. Oyo's population is almost 50/50. In Osun, the population is 60/40 and you have the majority of non muslims in ilesha and ife, except eleyele/lagere area where u see the mallams. No Muslim civilian governor has ruled Ondo and Ekiti states since independence. Gov mimiko would have set the record for the muslims but he converted to christianity at a time. Apart from oyinlola who had a short tenure, no Christian had also ruled osun since independence though his religious belief was controversial. In lagos, Christians are more in population than muslims. You find the majority of Muslim residents in agege and lagos island and epe. Ikorodu is mixed. In fact, there are much more atheist or idol worshippers in ikorodu than in any part of lagos. In my hometown in Ekiti. Only one family has a concentrated number of muslims and we know them. My town is one of the major towns in the state
Though don't know how truthful this your writeup is, but i really appreciate the information. A big thanks bro.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Mccullum: 6:13am On Oct 14, 2019
VirginSearcher:

Majority of Yorubas are Muslims even during colonial era Yorubas Muslims played major role against some over taxation policy of British colonial administrators in western Nigeria.

Have you heard of Bahia in Brazil, there was a revolt that happened there against Portuguese during slavery and slave trade period, in January of 1835, the revolt was led by Yoruba Muslims and who were slaves during Ramadan of that year, majority of Yorubas are Muslims and traditionalists before the arrival of colonialists and Christian missionaries in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by maynation(f): 6:17am On Oct 14, 2019
Who are these people estimating Christian-muslim percentage in ondo state to be 70-30 ??

You people are sick.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by anataala: 6:20am On Oct 14, 2019
It's not rubbish Sir, we need respect other people's feeling, how will you feel if meeting was slated on Sunday for you, they complain about the timing 12 to 3pm is not appropriate for them because it's time for Jummat prayers.
olajide8:

What is all this rubbish? What concerns education with religion - these people have started again, they want to polarize the society with religion

What concerns school management and all this rubbish, why do they always have to force a private belief on others Abi Na only them get personal belief?

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by GEEBITE: 6:21am On Oct 14, 2019
So only Ibadan makes up Oyo state?
DandyWalker:
There are more Muslims in Oyo state than Christians. I'm from Ibadan.
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by olayinka63: 6:24am On Oct 14, 2019
davodyguy:

What's if you're in the plane at that time, will the pilot stop the plane for you because of your religion?

Bullshit
Don't let hatred block your reasoning. Being on plane and the reported issue is not the same. You should know what to talk at the right time. This is how people like you fail exams thinking that they have answered all questions in the best way. All issues are not solved same way. Brother please think maturely and I know you can do that.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by EdiskyHarry: 6:37am On Oct 14, 2019
so this terrorist group feels Senate meeting should not hold on Friday because of their useless religion, is Friday not an official working day? who Islam help?
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by GEEBITE: 6:38am On Oct 14, 2019
Ignorant talk.The Oba that reigned before this impostor was a Christian and his sons are still alive and eligible to be future king too.
Isinweke:

The indigenous people of Lagos are purely Muslims, it's like 80%Muslims, 15% Christians and 5% traditionalists.
Most of the Christians claiming Lagosians are not originally from Lagos.
The Oba is a Muslim, Tinubu is a Muslim so it's not possible for Lagos to have up to 30% of Christians.

Here is picture of the real Lagosians
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by galadima77(m): 6:42am On Oct 14, 2019
Techwriter:
What politics brought 38 islamic professors all Muslims to one university that is not even in the North? It. Needs be investigated further.

While Christians are busy debating tithe the jihadists are putting their people in strategic positions. This is more serious than RUGA.

You're hilarious!
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Logachev: 6:44am On Oct 14, 2019
And the first commentator decided to foool himself with that foolish certificate
Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Mccullum: 6:46am On Oct 14, 2019
Techwriter:
What politics brought 38 islamic professors all Muslims to one university that is not even in the North? It. Needs be investigated further.

While Christians are busy debating tithe the jihadists are putting their people in strategic positions. This is more serious than RUGA.

If you can't question why more than 38 Christian professors in University of Nigeria, Nsuka that located in predominant Christians Eastern Nigeria, questioning the 38 Muslim professors in UI that located in predominant Muslims Western Nigeria is bias, very unfair and mischievous, we don't fear the crusaders as the existence of Muslims in Nigeria is our Constitutional Rights and Universal Fundamental Human Rights , may God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 14, 2019
excel001:

Though don't know how truthful this your writeup is, but i really appreciate the information. A big thanks bro.
I'm Mr south-west. I know every length and breadth of my region. I was born in Ekiti, in formerly Ondo state, schooled in kwara and Lagos, grew up in ibadan. I know every part of ibadan, have clients in osun. I've been a marketer all my life and I know virtually everywhere in lagos. I served and still serving people from education to health and religious materials especially in those days. I'm very inquisitive too. I have friends both muslims and Christians across Nigeria, especially in the south west. I have cousins too from the maternal side who are muslims and we don't discriminate and that's why muslims down south are different from those the north. We visit and celebrate with one another during religious festivities. In the south, Islam is truly religion of peace it connotes( that's the meaning of the word islam) whilst the reverse is the case up north. We carry everyone along. Even down south, especially in Christian dominated areas, if a governor is a xtian, his deputy would he muslim and vice versa. No hate speeches apart from those orchestrated by aregbesola of osun state which nearly escalated into violence and hatred among our people by forcing muslims to be wearing an hijab in a Christian school but instead of fighting, the elders waded in and quenched the crises.

That's why I can't wait to see a sovereign odu'a republic because religion doesn't take precedence in decision making process in the south as obtainable in the north. Anyone can be a leader, so long as we love and support him, though some few still discriminate when it comes to choice of a leader but not as obvious as it is in the north. Tinubu, my erstwhile political leader and one time advocate of restructuring is now a thoothless bulldog.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management by Lukgaf(m): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2019
healthserve:

You are local and full of hatred

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Army Rescues 6 Kidnapped Students Of Federal University Of Gusau / 6 Types Of Lecturers You Find In Nigerian Universities / JAMB UTME Pre-registration Tips For Candidates – 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.