Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,028 members, 7,953,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:30 AM

Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo (7686 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu To Become APGA Leader / Awolowo Asked Ojukwu To Be Open And Forthright . But Ojukwu Was Trying To Do Wuru Wuru Backroom Deals / Ojukwu To Be Buried In American Gold Casket –bianca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Dede1(m): 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2011
@POST

This act of silly desperation is approaching lunatic level. Ojukwu, then military governor of eastern region of Nigeria, had no need to even have a personal phone discussion with Banjo who was either a fugitive languishing in one of the prisons in eastern region of Nigeria or had been released by Ojukwu talk less a personal letter. What an inconsiderate insult to Ojukwu? The veracity of this forged letters sucks. Ojukwu could have chosen to keep Banjo in jail for duration of the war.

Any letter written by or on behalf of Ojukwu, as the military governor of eastern region of Nigeria, must bear the coat of arms of the region and must be signed by the secretary to government of eastern region, Mr. A U Akpan.

Please peeps from eastern region of Nigeria or Biafra, I urge you not to pay any mind to this fraudulent letter purported to have been written by Ojukwu. After all, it is sourced by the same people who openly claimed Fajuiyi opted to die with Ironsi as if the coup plotters give their targets option to live or die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by ak47mann(m): 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2011
Dede1:

@POST

This act of silly desperation is approaching lunatic level. Ojukwu, then military governor of eastern region of Nigeria, had no need to even have a personal phone discussion with Banjo who was either a fugitive languishing in one of the prisons in eastern region of Nigeria or had been released by Ojukwu talk less a personal letter. What an inconsiderate insult to Ojukwu? The veracity of this forged letters sucks. Ojukwu could have chosen to keep Banjo in jail for duration of the war.

Any letter written by or on behalf of Ojukwu, as the military governor of eastern region of Nigeria, must bear the coat of arms of the region and must be signed by the secretary to government of eastern region, Mr. A U Akpan.

Please peeps from eastern region of Nigeria or Biafra, I urge you not to pay any mind to this fraudulent letter purported to have been written by Ojukwu. After all, it is sourced by the same people who openly claimed Fajuiyi opted to die with Ironsi as if the coup plotters give their targets option to live or die. 

The question is who are these unauthenticated users, how do they get there, and why aren’t they authenticated?
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2011
Desola:

Don't be silly! What is representation in the centre when it is only for money sharing between politicians. Your sons and daughters are occupying significant positions now so tell me how that has directly translated to development in your region?

On a personal note, the marginalisation of Yoruba thieves at the centre is a very welcomed development as it allows the government in Yorubaland(ACN) to look inwardly and galvanize for regional co-operation. Leave talk, despite our shadowy representation at the top, aren't we working in our region? That really is what matters. Governance that directly relates to the existence of the people and not just a mere chest beating exercise that we are represented in looting which would not be apportioned to us. Your mentality shows the mind of an average ibo man, it's all about "see me na me dey hia" with absolute zilch!

Lastly, may I advise you to abandon your futile effort at stroking the flames of emotional blackmail to gain validation or support for your hatred of the north. You lot are just getting pathetic by the second. If you feel that the north is marginalising you, take up arms and fight them, afterall you have done so and lost gallantly in the past so you at least have practical experience. Do it again, there is a shortage of 'sharwama'.

Like I say always, yes, some northerners are barbarians but their barbaric nature is mostly due to ignorance and subjugation by their elites. That leaves little to be said about half educated ibos who still carry the spirit of hatred and doom toward the west. As far as i'm concerned, in Nigeria of today; ibos are the enemies.

^^^ Bia, this evil witch!!! Your hatred of Ndigbo is well noted (and might i add, appreciated too wink), but you need to stop trying to act clever and understand that however you may want to honeycoat it, the fact of the matter is there's some truth (minus the ethnic insults) in what AK47 has said. You, now saying that the Yorubas don't give a fu*ck about what happens at the federal level and don't mind if you have inadequate representation at said level is disingenuous to say the least and smacks of a serious case of 'sour grapes'. Only a few months back, when it looked like Ndigbo were going to be royally 'shafted' in the distribution of federal government/legislative appointments, fellow Igbo haters like you were laughing in our faces saying stuff to the effect that Ndigbo don carry last again, and that they've been used and dumped. Now the reverse is the case, you and your ilk are now saying, 'screw the federal level anyway', we can manage on our own. Nice try!!! wink

You talk of the "marginalization of Yoruba thieves at the centre" being a welcome development. Fair enough, but what of the honest ones (like the minister of Agric' for instance)? Aren't you asking why they've not been given a look-in? Or are there not enough honest ones that could fill positions at the federal level? You may then want to argue that it's a PDP issue, and that ACN is where it's 'happening' for NdiYoruba, but this is a very risky stance, as it may render Yorubas isolated when it comes to seeking to use said platform on a national level (ie, going for the presidency).

On the bolded (taking up arms if we feel marginalized): you've got to be kidding me!!! shocked We've done our bit, and it's now the turn of Yoruba, Ijaw, Berom, or any other ethnic group that so fancies having-a-go. Our own is to cheer from the sidelines until we're sure it's so far gone that there's little or no chance of anyone getting 'cold feet' and wanting out: only then would we join the fray and not have to worry about saboteurs and backstabbers.

Finally, i don't give a rats-a*ss if you think Igbos are the enemies (imagine the childish generalizations shocked). You can harbour such thoughts till the 2nd coming of Christ, no problem. The issue is: whachugondoboutit? Huh ?

PS- it's spelt 'Igbo' and not 'ibo'. wink
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by chino11(m): 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2011
Yorubas has always been Nigeria's greatest problem right from the time immemorial.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by abouzaid: 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2011
Pls everybody should shun this thread. The nairaland owner and his moderators have been busy promoting ethnic hatred here to attract more hits and keep it relevant and guess what? It's working, only ethnically bigotted threads get the highest hits and the admin have grown so lazy that they don't make out time to search out new good articles worth commenting to post here, that's why lame and stale articles last for weeks on the politics forum page, i guess nothing in nigeria is built to last including nairaland
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by aljharem3: 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2011
abouzaid:

Pls everybody should shun this thread. The nairaland owner and his moderators have been busy promoting ethnic hatred here to attract more hits and keep it relevant and guess what? It's working, only ethnically bigotted threads get the highest hits and the admin have grown so lazy that they don't make out time to search out new good articles worth commenting to post here, that's why lame and stale articles last for weeks on the politics forum page, i guess nothing in nigeria is built to last including nairaland

i though i was the only one that noticed

i wonder what this sort of thread would achieve.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Katsumoto: 4:47pm On Nov 20, 2011
Dede1:

@POST

Everything is either fake or a lie to you. That letter was re-produced in Ogunseye's 'A break in the silence' but neither Ojukwu nor any other actor has come forward to publicly denounce it.

1 Like

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by 9javoice1(m): 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2011
@Katsumoto ,
you are one of the people i respect here on NL, But sometimes i still blv that nl has changed your sense of justice.
Tell me how a supposed president of a country will write a letter without a stamp etc to officialize it.

be truthful to yourself.
i as a person has dig out many many lies about nigeria-biafra wars in both sides.
biafra lies about the actual figure massacred in pogrom and the figure killed in war.
i at same time time find out lies on the nigeria side about events prio and during the war.
eg: igbo's are laughing after january 1966 coup, january coup is an igbo one and many more.

igbo's are angry over the yoruba's cuz of their continue publication in newspaper's and text books
about igbo this and that during the war. instead of the hausa's falsefying these stuffs why is it our yoruba's brothers.

we can form better alliance here in the south and solve hausa/fulani domination problem once and for all.
during nigeria sensus under Obj hausa/fulani was counted as one tribe, tell me who is cheating who.
did they count igbo's with yoruba together or igbo and efik,ibibio and ijaws etc. none of us speaks about it.
only to come here and make noise about 51yrs old war. sorry let me sleep.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by manny4life(m): 8:10pm On Nov 20, 2011
Argument all the time, this is just becoming something else,

As for the letter, I have no comments to it because that letter cannot be authenticated. Anyway, it is what it is,
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Katsumoto: 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2011
9ja voice:

@Katsumoto ,
you are one of the people i respect here on NL, But sometimes i still blv that nl has changed your sense of justice.
Tell me how a supposed president of a country will write a letter without a stamp etc to officialize it.

be truthful to yourself.
i as a person has dig out many many lies about nigeria-biafra wars in both sides.
biafra lies about the actual figure massacred in pogrom and the figure killed in war.
i at same time time find out lies on the nigeria side about events prio and during the war.
eg: igbo's are laughing after january 1966 coup, january coup is an igbo one and many more.

igbo's are angry over the yoruba's cuz of their continue publication in newspaper's and text books
about igbo this and that during the war. instead of the hausa's falsefying these stuffs why is it our yoruba's brothers.

we can form better alliance here in the south and solve hausa/fulani domination problem once and for all.
during nigeria sensus under Obj hausa/fulani was counted as one tribe, tell me who is cheating who.
did they count igbo's with yoruba together or igbo and efik,ibibio and ijaws etc. none of us speaks about it.
only to come here and make noise about 51yrs old war. sorry let me sleep.

Ojukwu is still alive and I believe is yet to denounce this letter as a fake.

manny4life:

Argument all the time, this is just becoming something else,

As for the letter, I have no comments to it because that letter cannot be authenticated. Anyway, it is what it is,

This is a forum; I believe the objective is to have debates, discourse, and arguments.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by manny4life(m): 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2011
Katsumoto:

Ojukwu is still alive and I believe is yet to denounce this letter as a fake.

This is a forum; I believe the objective is to have debates, discourse, and arguments.

No one is indeed disputing that, it's one thing to have arguments, debates, etc and it's another for the participants to act ill-mannered, with constant yelling and hurling insults at each other. What's the use or purpose of an argument when parties end up insulting each other? The purpose and objective is defeated, anyway, y'all should ride on, don't make any difference.

Yeah Ojukwu is alive and God in his infinite mercy will grant him better health; however , for him to come dispute this letter as FAKE is just demeaning. How many publicized letters have people proven despite the fact that many read attachments to it? To me, it just doesn't make sense, it's the one who believes it is one who makes sense out of it. If there's any archive in Nigeria, before such letters are accepted into an archive, it goes through authentication, I believe that's what opponents are saying.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 20, 2011
manny4life:

No one is indeed disputing that, it's one thing to have arguments, debates, etc and it's another for the participants to act ill-mannered, with constant yelling and hurling insults at each other. What's the use or purpose of an argument when parties end up insulting each other? The purpose and objective is defeated, anyway, y'all should ride on, don't make any difference.

Yeah Ojukwu is alive and God in his infinite mercy will grant him better health; however , for him to come dispute this letter as FAKE is just demeaning. How many publicized letters have people proven despite the fact that many read attachments to it? To me, it just doesn't make sense, it's the one who believes it is one who makes sense out of it. If there's any archive in Nigeria, before such letters are accepted into an archive, it goes through authentication, I believe that's what opponents are saying.

Arrant nonsense! Is he God? You are and Dede1 are only trying to deny the letter because it exposes the inner workings of Ojukwu's mind at that particular time. Why is it beneat him to issue a statement simply saying the letter was fake.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by manny4life(m): 9:17pm On Nov 20, 2011
Aigbofa:

Arrant nonsense! Is he God? You are and Dede1 are only trying to deny the letter because it exposes the inner workings of Ojukwu's mind at that particular time. Why is it beneat him to issue a statement simply saying the letter was fake.

Dude, please, if you're gonna reply me, do so without yelling or using cuss words at it; I believe I'm entitled to courtesy and as of now I don't have time for that.

Next, it can be nonsense to you, no problem, I'm entitled to my opinion. I was merely stating an obvious fact that the letter DOES NOT look authentic to me, anyone can and will alter an information particularly if it's a text material. I used as example of an archive, until I see an archived documentation sating otherwise, I take it that it's one of the thousands of documents (rumors) that are available on the internet, available to anyone who cares.

Same reason why it's all blatant lies and cheap publicity. Again, how many publicized material have people issued a statement saying it's a lie? To me, it's all irrelevant, no one has the time to issue unnecessary statement trying to prove the unprovable. People's mind are made up regardless of however you decide to change it; if his PR spokesperson issues a statement calling it a lie, would you believe him? Answer is NO, because the probability of 1 out of 0 is that your mind is MADE UP, in fact, you'll go ahead and try to prove the letter is indeed true. As you can see, there's no need for the perambulating.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by nypha: 9:21pm On Nov 20, 2011
Desola:

Don't be silly! What is representation in the centre when it is only for money sharing between politicians. Your sons and daughters are occupying significant positions now so tell me how that has directly translated to development in your region?

On a personal note, the marginalisation of Yoruba thieves at the centre is a very welcomed development as it allows the government in Yorubaland(ACN) to look inwardly and galvanize for regional co-operation. Leave talk, despite our shadowy representation at the top, aren't we working in our region? That really is what matters. Governance that directly relates to the existence of the people and not just a mere chest beating exercise that we are represented in looting which would not be apportioned to us. Your mentality shows the mind of an average ibo man, it's all about "see me na me dey hia" with absolute zilch!

Lastly, may I advise you to abandon your futile effort at stroking the flames of emotional blackmail to gain validation or support for your hatred of the north. You lot are just getting pathetic by the second. If you feel that the north is marginalising you, take up arms and fight them, afterall you have done so and lost gallantly in the past so you at least have practical experience. Do it again, there is a shortage of 'sharwama'.

Like I say always, yes, some northerners are barbarians but their barbaric nature is mostly due to ignorance and subjugation by their elites. That leaves little to be said about half educated ibos who still carry the spirit of hatred and doom toward the west. As far as i'm concerned, in Nigeria of today; ibos are the enemies.

Oh! how sorry I feel for the country called Nigeria & her people. Why this hatred? What is happening to us? Ibo this, Yoruba that, Hausa this; are you the only groups in this country?
I feel very sad to only read deep hate for one another; no wonder the killing in the country of one another with religion in disguise! It's sad!!!

Moreover, where is this supposed letter? Post it lets see the real writing and signature!
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Katsumoto: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2011
manny4life:

Firstly do not lump me with anyone who has not acted in a civil manner; I believe my language has not crossed that line. Secondly, it is naive to expect everyone to be civil in an anonymous forum. What is important is not descend to the same levels as those who have crossed that line while keeping your eye on the ball (making your point). Everyone is at liberty to comment on what suits or interests them on NL. That others are lsoing their heads doesn't mean that we have to ignore interesting threads/subjects. Afterall, our objectives on NL are different.

manny4life:

You are asking for due process in a country that doesn't respect it and for a matter than can easily be resolved. That letter has been around for 44 years; Ojukwu could have denied it at any point but has remained silent over it and has therefore acqui'escenced to its originality. No one asked him to respond to an insult, which would be demeaning or to even respond to the validity of this letter as the validity of the letter is not in doubt to many historians but to those who afraid of the implications of the letter.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by dayokanu(m): 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2011
I am glad that the Yoruba warriors and leaders like Awolowo, Obasanjo, Alani Akinrinade and the one and ONLY

BLACK SCORPION Benjamin BABAMAJA Adekunle put the Biafra ppl in their place.

Ibos are the worst things to happen to Africa.

Only one tribe can think of killing other regional leaders and sparing theirs.

Next thing they would come to Yorubaland and appoint administrators and every appointment must be ratified by Ojukwu.

Next thing wage war on Yorubaland before they were stopped at Ore.

Read the account of Midwesterners on the Biafran soldiers occupation

DEEHASAL:

He explained the pains of witnessing the gang-violation of his eldest sister by Biafran troops

These are some of the acts of the Saintly Biafran troops in their process of Liberating MidWest and SouthWest

God May you continue to bless Benjamin Adekunle the Black Scorpion
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by manny4life(m): 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2011
Katsumoto:

Firstly do not lump me with anyone who has not acted in a civil manner; I believe my language has not crossed that line. Secondly, it is naive to expect everyone to be civil in an anonymous forum. What is important is not descend to the same levels as those who have crossed that line while keeping your eye on the ball (making your point). Everyone is at liberty to comment on what suits or interests them on NL. That others are lsoing their heads doesn't mean that we have to ignore interesting threads/subjects. Afterall, our objectives on NL are different.

You are asking for due process in a country that doesn't respect it and for a matter than can easily be resolved. That letter has been around for 44 years; Ojukwu could have denied it at any point but has remained silent over it and has therefore acqui'escenced to its originality. No one asked him to respond to an insult, which would be demeaning or to even respond to the validity of this letter as the validity of the letter is not in doubt to many historians but to those who afraid of the implications of the letter.

How so? I made a comment about always arguing with insults following, you replied that it was a forum for debates et al, I replied though that it's one thing to have debates but when parties begin to hurl insults at each other the purpose is defeated. I made my comments strictly on what the prior comments, unfortunately, you quoted my comments. Obviously, I'm not about to stoop low to start insulting people, been there, done that. It's nothing to be proud off.

I'm not in denial about a letter that has been in existence over 44+ years, I'm not doubting it. What I'm questioning how can I verify that "exactly" words for words" are what the OP has written. I don't know if how many historians you speak of; however, one will conclude that for such a letter that has been in circulation, can be easily traced and verified. The American Civil War materials at the Archives are there, curators of these archives have verified them, most of them went through thorough forensic investigation etc, so should they now say oh it's been more than 200+ years, so we should believe it? Even many people have different versions of the documents and it's contents. My point is, I'm not doubting that Ojukwu sent a letter, when I'm questioning is what OP has written on here as opposed to an archived content.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Katsumoto: 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2011
manny4life:

How so? I made a comment about always arguing with insults following, you replied that it was a forum for debates et al, I replied though that it's one thing to have debates but when parties begin to hurl insults at each other the purpose is defeated. I made my comments strictly on what the prior comments, unfortunately, you quoted my comments. Obviously, I'm not about to stoop low to start insulting people, been there, done that. It's nothing to be proud off.

See below; it could be inferred from that phrase below. But its ok.

manny4life:

No one is indeed disputing that, it's one thing to have arguments, debates, etc and it's another for the participants to act ill-mannered, with constant yelling and hurling insults at each other. What's the use or purpose of an argument when parties end up insulting each other? The purpose and objective is defeated, [b]anyway, y'all should ride on, [/b]don't make any difference. 

manny4life:

I'm not in denial about a letter that has been in existence over 44+ years, I'm not doubting it. What I'm questioning how can I verify that "exactly" words for words" are what the OP has written. I don't know if how many historians you speak of; however, one will conclude that for such a letter that has been in circulation, can be easily traced and verified. The American Civil War materials at the Archives are there, curators of these archives have verified them, most of them went through thorough forensic investigation etc, so should they now say oh it's been more than 200+ years, so we should believe it? Even many people have different versions of the documents and it's contents. My point is, I'm not doubting that Ojukwu sent a letter, when I'm questioning is what OP has written on here as opposed to an archived content.

The American civil war was over 150 years ago; everyone who fought in it is dead. Some of the principal actors of the Nigerian civl war are still alive. In 100 years, your point would be valid with regards to whether Ojukwu wrote the letter. What the OP posted from the first page is same as the original. It was reproduced by Ogunseye's 'A break in the silence'. That is what Ojukwu should respond to and not what was produced on NL or any other similar place. If you doubt the contents from this thread, you can grab a copy of Ogunseye's book or request a copy from Banjo's family. They still have the original. cool
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by manny4life(m): 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2011
Katsumoto:

Ok then, my bad, my post wasn't directed towards you,,, well, I take it back, Can we move forward now? grin grin grin grin
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Katsumoto: 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2011
manny4life:

Ok then, my bad, my post wasn't directed towards you,,, well, I take it back, Can we move forward now? grin grin grin grin

Of course; no sweat. grin
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by ezeagu(m): 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2011
dayokanu:

And what have you done for Nigeria that gives you authority over what should be considered the best and worst in Africa?
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by dayokanu(m): 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2011
^^ What I have done?

I have not and my people have not killed other regions leaders while sparing ours

Lets start from that.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by manny4life(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2011
Katsumoto:

The American civil war was over 150 years ago; everyone who fought in it is dead. Some of the principal actors of the Nigerian civl war are still alive. In 100 years, your point would be valid with regards to whether Ojukwu wrote the letter. What the OP posted from the first page is same as the original. It was reproduced by Ogunseye's 'A break in the silence'. That is what Ojukwu should respond to and not what was produced on NL or any other similar place. If you doubt the contents from this thread, you can grab a copy of Ogunseye's book or request a copy from Banjo's family. They still have the original. cool

To be honest, I like the copy of this book, for real so I can email the author asking for the authenticity of his quote.

Correction, I made a writing error and just saw it now, American Civil War was in the mid 1800's, in my typing fast I put 200+ instead of almost 200 years. Please correct my quote, I don't mean to mislead anyone.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by ezeagu(m): 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ What I have done?

I have not and my people have not killed other regions leaders while sparing ours

Lets start from that.

Well done. So you haven't done anything, as in, laid back and did nothing. So are you and your people the best or worst in Africa?
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by chino11(m): 10:04pm On Nov 20, 2011
dayokanu:

I am glad that the Yoruba warriors and leaders like Awolowo, Obasanjo, Alani Akinrinade and the one and ONLY

BLACK SCORPION Benjamin BABAMAJA Adekunle put the Biafra ppl in their place.

Only one tribe can think of killing other regional leaders and sparing theirs.

Next thing they would come to Yorubaland and appoint administrators and every appointment must be ratified by Ojukwu.

Next thing wage war on Yorubaland before they were stopped at Ore.

Read the account of Midwesterners on the Biafran soldiers occupation

These are some of the acts of the Saintly Biafran troops in their process of Liberating MidWest and SouthWest

God May you continue to bless Benjamin Adekunle the Black Scorpion

You must be an imbecilic animal, the same people you helped to fight Biafra, collaborated and bribed your Yoruba animalistic leaders to have abiaola, kudirate, bola ige slaughtered by the ordinary almajiris. You should be ashamed of yourself because yoroobas remains the only dirty occultic tribe that have continued to be the bane of Nigeria till this day. Why are you so myopic and cloaked with your silly ethnic bigotry that you have refused to see the destruction done to the Yorubas even in this present dispensation, by the same people you connived with to fight the Igbos. I keep saying it until yoorobas are clearly wiped out from Nigeria this country will not know peace.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2011
The full story is still unraveling, I am afraid.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 20, 2011
Here is another account of what went down.

The discovery of oil in huge reserves in the East, largely in the Niger estuary, played a role, unquestionably, in the propulsion of the Biafran leaders towards secession, but it would be a distortion of history and an attempt to trivialize the trauma that the Igbo had undergone to suggest – and some commentators have tried to do – that it is the lure of the oil wealth that drove them to seek separate existence. When a people have been subjected to the degree of inhuman violation for which there is no other word but genocide, they have the right to seek an identity apart from their aggressors.

Consolidation of military power would be inescapable once war was declared. In the thinking of many of us, a military dictatorship with no foreseeable end appeared to the worst of all possible evils, including the “evil” of succession. The West, untainted by any coup initiative and blameless of any genocidal participation, still held the few potential checks on the slide toward the precipice of war, but that potential was fast diminishing.

With the dissolution of Leaders of thought, Bola Ige now spent even more time with our ad hoc group. This was an eerie period when nothing seemed to be happening; the heart of the nation appeared to have stopped beating, while its body remained suspended in a void.

It was during this seeming suspension of reality and intense speculation that we decided the state of mind of Obafemi Awolowo had to be ascertained, and urgently. As an “outsider” – that is, not a member of any official group – that task was given to me. Bola set up the appointment with the leader of the former Action Group, now bestowed with the superfluous and unenviable title “Leader of the Yoruba” by the governor of the Western Region, Colonel Adeyinka Adebayo.

The 1967 eve-of –secession delegation of national public figures, authorized by Yakubu Gowon to engage in dialogue with the Eastern leadership, had been led by Obafemi Awolowo, and the formal, well-publicized meeting between the two sides had lasted nearly all day. The Easterns has listed their grievances and demadnds, spoken with all apparent seriousness, and seen their guests off to their chalets. L[b]ate that same night, however, Awolowo was disturbed by a knock on the door.
    It was  Ojukwu himself. He admitted he had waited till late into the night so as to be able to speak to Awolowo in strictest privacy. Sure, said Awolowo, but he also insisted that at least one or two other persons join him. That was agreed, and Awolowo called the adjoining chalet and woke up the police commissioner for the Western Region, Olufunwa, and a close political aide.
   Accompanying Ojukwu was a small team that included a professor of history from the University of Ibadan who, like other Easterns, had fled to their beleaguered state. Years afterwards, in 1996, during the struggle against the Abacha dictatorship, the same don introduced himself to me at a meetingin the United States and revealed his participation in the nocturnal meeting of thirty years earlier. His account was a consistent and detailed confirmation of what Awolowo confided in me that afternoon.[/b]

Reference:
Soyinka,W. (2007). You must Set Forth at Dawn. Random House.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by dayokanu(m): 10:12pm On Nov 20, 2011
chino11:

You must be an imbecilic animal, the same people you helped to fight Biafra, collaborated and bribed your Yoruba animalistic leaders to have abiaola, kudirate, bola ige slaughtered by the ordinary almajiris. You should be ashamed of yourself because yoroobas remains the only dirty occultic tribe that have continued to be the bane of Nigeria till this day. Why are you so myopic and cloaked with your silly ethnic bigotry that you have refused to see the destruction done to the Yorubas even in this present dispensation, by the same people you connived with to fight the Igbos. I keep saying it until yoorobas are clearly wiped out from Nigeria this country will not know peace.

Better than aligning with Ibos who would kill our leaders and spare theirs
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Onlytruth(m): 10:18pm On Nov 20, 2011
Posted by: 9ja voice

@Katsumoto ,

be truthful to yourself.

Your respect is a misplaced and blind one because the individual in question is one of the most tribalistic Yoruba you would find on this forum. He never changed in the first place and NEVER pretends about it.
@Second bolded; HELL WILL FREEZE OVER FIRST before that happens!
His definition of truth is always bounded by his mission to justify betrayal and mass murder. Learn to live with him AS IS.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Katsumoto: 10:37pm On Nov 20, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: 9ja voice
Your respect is a misplaced and blind one because the individual in question is one of the most tribalistic Yoruba you would find on this forum. He never changed in the first place and NEVER pretends about it.
@Second bolded; HELL WILL FREEZE OVER FIRST before that happens!
His definition of truth is always bounded by his mission to justify betrayal and mass murder. Learn to live with him AS IS.

If I am described as tribalistic, then there isn't a word in the English language or Igbo for that matter to describe you. You can't go two secs without stating that the Igbo is the best tribe since sliced bread and that other Nigerian tribes are useless. I dare you to find a thread where I had something bad to say about any Nigerian ethnic groups. It wouldn't take me 1 page to find one from you, the emotional Onlylies.  tongue

I guess one becomes traibalistic by providing fact based arguments which flies in the face of the blatant lies you were fed. I could care less; I am going to keep doing what I do.

FYI, I have never stated where I am from. I may be Igbo for all you know. grin
But I guess if the Yoruba want me, then I am proud to be a honorary omo odua. Ewu nama

2 Likes

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Onlytruth(m): 10:48pm On Nov 20, 2011
Posted by: Katsumoto

FYI, I have never stated where I am from. I may be Igbo for all you know. grin
But I guess if the Yoruba want me, then I am proud to be a honorary omo odua. Ewu nama

I am from Owu then. lol
Awon omo ole gaan.

Abu m onye Igbo kpom kwem! cool
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Katsumoto: 10:51pm On Nov 20, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Katsumoto
I am from Owu then. lol
Awon omo ole gaan.

Abu m onye Igbo kpom kwem! cool

grin grin grin grin grin

How does Beaf or Kobo generate those large hilarious smileys?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Was Right On Libya - Soyinka / Security Chiefs, Governors Siphon N241bn Annually -Transparency International / Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.