Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo (7595 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu To Become APGA Leader / Awolowo Asked Ojukwu To Be Open And Forthright . But Ojukwu Was Trying To Do Wuru Wuru Backroom Deals / Ojukwu To Be Buried In American Gold Casket –bianca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by AndreUweh(m): 11:04pm On Nov 20, 2011
Katsumoto:

If I am described as tribalistic, then there isn't a word in the English language or Igbo for that matter to describe you. You can't go two secs without stating that the Igbo is the best tribe since sliced bread and that other Nigerian tribes are useless. I dare you to find a thread where I had something bad to say about any Nigerian ethnic groups. It wouldn't take me 1 page to find one from you, the emotional Onlylies. tongue

I guess one becomes traibalistic by providing fact based arguments which flies in the face of the blatant lies you were fed. I could care less; I am going to keep doing what I do.

FYI, I have never stated where I am from. I may be Igbo for all you know. grin
But I guess if the Yoruba want me, then I am proud to be a honorary omo odua. Ewu nama
Katsumoto, I think you have to apologise to Onlytruth over the insult in bold. He has not done anything deserving such an insult.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by CyberG: 3:33am On Nov 21, 2011
Quote <Chino11>

You must be an imbecilic animal, the same people you helped to fight Biafra, collaborated and bribed your Yoruba animalistic leaders to have[b] abiaola, kudirate, bola ige slaughtered by the ordinary almajiris.[/b] You should be ashamed of yourself because yoroobas remains the only dirty occultic tribe that have continued to be the bane of Nigeria till this day. Why are you so myopic and cloaked with your silly ethnic bigotry that you have refused to see the destruction done to the Yorubas even in this present dispensation, by the same people you connived with to fight the Igbos. I keep saying it until yoorobas are clearly wiped out from Nigeria this country will not know peace.

The usual tribalists are here but the bolded is another misinformation just to support a point of view. Abiola, Kudirat, Bola Ige, and others from different parts of Nigeria were killed by someone / forces trying to preserve themselves. IBB was reported to have killed / orchestrated the killings of these people because of his drug connection and more! Read here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-802181.0.html

Now, most of the e-fighters here are sitting pretty away from Nigeria where they just run their mouths. None of you were witnesses to the actual events so you need to learn to accommodate contrary opinions while providing references that support your opinions.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by lailaiwala: 8:59pm On Nov 21, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Katsumoto, I think you have to apologise to Onlytruth over the insult in bold. He has not done anything deserving such an insult.

mr andre  smiley

what does the insult mean? also what does onlytruth's reply mean?

thank you kindly.

Onlytruth:

Abu m onye Igbo kpom kwem! cool
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by PointB: 9:59pm On Nov 21, 2011
@topic

I'm not sure of the veracity of this letter; but it does make sense to keep the Biafran Army on yorubaland if the latter acquiesced on the basis of the fact that they possess no army.

You don't liberate a people and abandon them. Ojukwu was rather altruistic to a fault!
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by T8ksy(m): 11:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
PointB:

@topic

I'm not sure of the veracity of this letter; but it does make sense to keep the Biafran Army on yorubaland if the latter acquiesced on the basis of the fact that they possess no army.

You don't liberate a people and abandon them. Ojukwu was rather altruistic to a fault!

Ol' boy, abeg leav matter for mathias jo! There is no doubt as to the authencity of the letter especially

when one notes that, Ojukwu's conduct after he unilaterally  "liberated" the mid-west region, was in consonant with the

wordings of the aforementioned letter. Didn't the ibos behaved like an occupation army and treated the liberated region

as "occupied" territory? Was this any different from what was expressed in the  letter in contention?

Of course, there is nothing wrong if the biafrans decides to keep their soldiers in yorubaland afterall, they would have

been victors/liberators and as such can determine the next course of event/s as they see fit.  However, there was no

moment during those perturbing times in our national history when the yorubas explictly solicit for ibo's aid in "liberating"

them from under the fulani yolk. And neither do i recollect the mid-west region "acquiescing" to been  invaded and

occupied by the ibos. If you have any info. to the contrary, please do share it with us here.

As to the bolded part of your post, all i can say is, you must be having a laugh.

Ojukwu- altruistic? yeah right and am the direct descendant of king solomon and queen of sheeba grin

I thought Ojukwu was primarily concerned with seceeding with his people from the dungeon called nigeria which you ibos

played a significant part in its actualisation. Why then did he find it salient to go "liberating" other regions on his own

accord? No one asked to be liberated by Ojukwu. Obviously, the mid-west region did not take kindly to ojukwu's aid

hence they embarked on a guerilla warfare with ojukwu's liberation/occupation army.

Bottomline is, No one ask Ojukwu and the ibos to liberate them from a third party.

I wonder why didn't ojukwu fully accomplish his secessation objective first before going on a land grabbing raid under

the pretext of, liberation?

Longthroat is not an endearing trait!!!

4 Likes

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by danjohn: 12:46am On Nov 22, 2011
I mean no disrespect but I think that with hindsight Ikemba would have done things differently.  The three conditions listed below made Ojukwu's proposition dead on arrival:

(iv) Biafran troops will, after the liberation of the Yorubaland, remain in that territory only for as long as we in Biafra consider it necessary for the Yorubas to consolidate their position and sovereignty against any external threat.

Ikemba needed to be more specific here.  A Yoruba cynic can interpret this to mean Ojukwu's troops staying for eternity.

(vii) During the period of Biafrans troops’ presence in your territory, all political measures, statements or decrees shall be subject to the approval, in writing by myself or on my authority.

Once again a Yoruba cynic can interpret this this to mean moving from being slaves to the Hausa/Fulani to being slaves to Biafra.

(viii) Should our troops arrive and liberate Lagos, the government of the Republic of Biafra reserves the right to appoint a Military administrator for the territory. Such an Administrator  will remain in office until a merger of that territory with Yorubaland is effected by Biafran troops.

Once again you are telling Yoruba's that you want to liberate them from the Hausa/Fulani and make them your junior partners.  However, Yoruba's were already the junior partners of the Hausa/Fulani.  What is the incentive to engage in a war to become Ojukwu's junior partner?

Ojukwu came before his time and he knew he was much smarter than his peers.  This gave him confidence that bordered on arrogance.  This letter was written by a young, idealistic Colonel whose good intentions were not balanced with enough diplomacy.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by ndukwejoe(m): 12:48am On Nov 22, 2011
So this northern domination thing has been on. that is what inform the activities of Boko haram. They ve lost it.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:02am On Nov 22, 2011
danjohn:

I mean no disrespect but I think that with hindsight Ikemba would have done things differently.  The three conditions listed below made Ojukwu's proposition dead on arrival:

(iv) Biafran troops will, after the liberation of the Yorubaland, remain in that territory only for as long as we in Biafra consider it necessary for the Yorubas to consolidate their position and sovereignty against any external threat.

Ikemba needed to be more specific here.  A Yoruba cynic can interpret this to mean Ojukwu's troops staying for eternity.

(vii) During the period of Biafrans troops’ presence in your territory, all political measures, statements or decrees shall be subject to the approval, in writing by myself or on my authority.

Once again a Yoruba cynic can interpret this this to mean moving from being slaves to the Hausa/Fulani to being slaves to Biafra.

(viii) Should our troops arrive and liberate Lagos, the government of the Republic of Biafra reserves the right to appoint a Military administrator for the territory. Such an Administrator  will remain in office until a merger of that territory with Yorubaland is effected by Biafran troops.

Once again you are telling Yoruba's that you want to liberate them from the Hausa/Fulani and make them your junior partners.  However, Yoruba's were already the junior partners of the Hausa/Fulani.  What is the incentive to engage in a war to become Ojukwu's junior partner?

Ojukwu came before his time and he knew he was much smarter than his peers.  This gave him confidence that bordered on arrogance.  This letter was written by a young, idealistic Colonel whose good intentions were not balanced with enough diplomacy.

^^^If you believe this 'letter' from Ojukwu to be real, then i've got some holy water for sale that can cure ALL diseases. Interested?

I mean, c'mon!!! I know there's a sizeable number of peeps that (for one reason or the other) don't like him, but you honestly think a well read and enlightened person like Ojukwu, that was aware of the need to get as many people/ethnicities as possible on side, would then go on to write such a rude; undiplomatic and outright condescending letter to Col Banjo, knowing full well that said letter could be exposed at some point. Ndigbo at the time had absolutely no beaf with Yorubas, so the paranoia and fear towards Ndigbo -i feel- would partly have been as a result of the 'gentle suggestive wisperings' of Igbo malevolence by the Hausa/Fulani elite to all that could have joined Ndigbo to fight them (kinda like they did with some Ijaw leaders, and also actions like the balkanisation of Alaigbo with the creation of Rivers State).

I think this letter is either an outright fake, or -if Ojukwu did write a letter to Banjo- that it's been 'doctored' to make Ojukwu (and by extension- Igbos) look bad. Anything to try and make latter generations believe that their forebears took the right decision in backing Nigeria against Biafra, and were on the right side of history; moreso with the pathetic way things are for the so called 'victors' and their allies today.

1 Like

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Katsumoto: 4:26am On Nov 22, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^If you believe this 'letter' from Ojukwu to be real, then i've got some holy water for sale that can cure ALL diseases. Interested?

I mean, c'mon!!! I know there's a sizeable number of peeps that (for one reason or the other) don't like him, but you honestly think a well read and enlightened person like Ojukwu, that was aware of the need to get as many people/ethnicities as possible on side, would then go on to write such a rude; undiplomatic and outright condescending letter to Col Banjo, knowing full well that said letter could be exposed at some point. Ndigbo at the time had absolutely no beaf with Yorubas, so the paranoia and fear towards Ndigbo -i feel- would partly have been as a result of the 'gentle suggestive wisperings' of Igbo malevolence by the Hausa/Fulani elite to all that could have joined Ndigbo to fight them (kinda like they did with some Ijaw leaders, and also actions like the balkanisation of Alaigbo with the creation of Rivers State).

I think this letter is either an outright fake, or -if Ojukwu did write a letter to Banjo- that it's been 'doctored' to make Ojukwu (and by extension- Igbos) look bad. Anything to try and make latter generations believe that their forebears took the right decision in backing Nigeria against Biafra, and were on the right side of history; moreso with the pathetic way things are for the so called 'victors' and their allies today.

Do you think that writing this letter or the phrasing of it is the only error Ojukwu made during the war? There were a catalogue of errors on both sides. Many commanders said and did things they would later regret.

Ojukwu knows who is in possession of the original letter; if the letter were doctored or if he never wrote it, then he would have denounced it many years ago. You guys on NL can deny the letter but it has never been denounced by anyone publicly since it was written 44 years ago.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Madawaki01(m): 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2012
EzeUche0: The liberation of Yorubaland. See you Yorubas would have had your Oduduwa Nation you always wanted. Too late now.
who said we wanted our own republic,rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by nolongtin(m): 12:24am On Aug 18, 2012
Na whaoo,this country sef..i taya.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Madawaki01(m): 6:05am On Aug 18, 2012
nolongtin: Na whaoo,this country sef..i taya.
den go hug transformer or run to another country.stupid unpatriotic nigerian
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by nolongtin(m): 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2012
Madawaki01: den go hug transformer or run to another country.stupid unpatriotic nigerian
A hungry looking kid,wanting some attention?dont have dat time boy!
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Osiris211: 9:27am On Oct 09, 2012
Yes, so much love from ibos.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Dede1(m): 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
The most idiotic aspect of the forgery is the conclusion of the alleged letter from Ojukwu to Banjo.

It reads:

"Yours very sincerely,

signed Lt. Col. Odumegwu Ojukwu,

Military Governor and Commander in Chief of Biafran Armed Forces."

I had hoped the ninnies who composed this crap knew little about military parlance. Ojukwu can not be a Military Governor of Eastern Region and Commander-in-Chief of a country’s armed forces, in this case, Biafra at the same time. I have known Yoruba peeps for writing outlandish stories of events in order to project their delusional image. If I had not read the prose purportedly written by Lt Col Francis Fajuyi while begging to die with Ironsi, I would have given a benefit of doubt to this rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Katsumoto: 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2012
Dede1: The most idiotic aspect of the forgery is the conclusion of the alleged letter from Ojukwu to Banjo.

It reads:

"Yours very sincerely,

signed Lt. Col. Odumegwu Ojukwu,

Military Governor and Commander in Chief of Biafran Armed Forces."

I had hoped the ninnies who composed this crap knew little about military parlance. Ojukwu can not be a Military Governor of Eastern Region and Commander-in-Chief of a country’s armed forces, in this case, Biafra at the same time. I have known Yoruba peeps for writing outlandish stories of events in order to project their delusional image. If I had not read the prose purportedly written by Lt Col Francis Fajuyi while begging to die with Ironsi, I would have given a benefit of doubt to this rubbish.

You keep shouting military parlance up and down the forum like it is a code of conduct that keeps soldiers in line.

Even if there is such a thing, Nigerian soldiers have demonstrated, repeatedly, that they do not believe in such. What they believe in is what helps them achieve their objectives. Many are some of the most uncouth, brainless, and daft men to have worn the uniform. Expecting Abacha to behave like Maimalari just because they are both soldiers is, frankly, moronic. You are not Ojukwu and you don't know what message (coded) Ojukwu was trying to convey when he wrote that letter. All we can do is analyze its literal contents.

Are the following part of military parlance

1. Organizing coups
2. Killing superior officers
3. Killing other soldiers because they are from different ethnic groups
4. Appropriating public funds
5. Beating and killing unharmed civilians
6. Throwing a 79 year old woman from the top of a building knowing she is not superwoman nor her son superman
7. Organizing and rigging elections.

I could go and on.

Let me remind you that OBJ, IBB, Abacha, Ifeajuna, military governors, coupists, etc. were all rotten to the core and certainly didn't follow any parlance be it military, societal, or civil.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by nku5: 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2012
If this letter is real (its most likely another bullet in the revisionist armoury) then it shows that ojukwu was despite his human limitations, a prophet.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Dede1(m): 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2012
Katsumoto:

You keep shouting military parlance up and down the forum like it is a code of conduct that keeps soldiers in line.

Even if there is such a thing, Nigerian soldiers have demonstrated, repeatedly, that they do not believe in such. What they believe in is what helps them achieve their objectives. Many are some of the most uncouth, brainless, and daft men to have worn the uniform. Expecting Abacha to behave like Maimalari just because they are both soldiers is, frankly, moronic. You are not Ojukwu and you don't know what message (coded) Ojukwu was trying to convey when he wrote that letter. All we can do is analyze its literal contents.

Are the following part of military parlance

1. Organizing coups
2. Killing superior officers
3. Killing other soldiers because they are from different ethnic groups
4. Appropriating public funds
5. Beating and killing unharmed civilians
6. Throwing a 79 year old woman from the top of a building knowing she is not superwoman nor her son superman
7. Organizing and rigging elections.

I could go and on.

Let me remind you that OBJ, IBB, Abacha, Ifeajuna, military governors, coupists, etc. were all rotten to the core and certainly didn't follow any parlance be it military, societal, or civil.

From the purported date ascribed as the day the letter was written, it is safe to conclude that Bamjo was at Benin City or Ore vicinity. Ojukwu taught military code of conduct at British Military Academy in Teshire, Ghana. There is no way under the sun Ojukwu will write a personal letter to a field commander instead of OPORD.

It is even more moronic to ask that the body of conjectural crap be analyzed when the letter is a forgery than looking at date when said letter was written. I can not meet you half way on the wrong road.

2 Likes

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by buffny: 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2012
its obvious these igbo criminals always have an ulterior motives.

never trust these bastards cus they are the most duplicitous lot.

talking about imposing his own military administrator on us , nah who beg u.

meglomanic bastard.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by buffny: 3:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
all of this and for what.

the violent subjugation and conquest of minority land.

thats the end game.

all this talk about liberation is rubbish.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by buffny: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
remember all this was after they had bombed civilian population centers of lagos .

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=qQZdAAAAIBAJ&sjid=FloNAAAAIBAJ&dq=lagos%20bombed&pg=795%2C2201295

fucking liberators my foot.

u bomb me , then u want me to accept u as liberators.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Sect Splits / Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China / 2023: Concensus Plan Unsettles APC, Protesters Warn Against Imposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.