Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports (45228 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Beautyaddy: 9:51pm On Oct 14, 2019
GoodFaith:

his father was PM

Who's father?
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by GoodFaith: 9:52pm On Oct 14, 2019
abbey621:

If you sat in traffic for 2 hours in Atlanta, you go know say e good make person use money buy convenience grin grin grin grin

what about Toronto crazy traffic
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by GoodFaith: 9:52pm On Oct 14, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Who's father?
the present Canadian PM
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2019
bolayei:

You never know the people behind the keyboard on nairaland. My 8 years old 6 child is more intelligent than you are. Yes my 6th ,I have a 16 years old child all born in England. Where were you 16 years ago? I left Nigeria for good in 1997. Atlanta is a shithole I'm sure you live around Nigerians there. Quote your level or your generation.

Hahaha....Now if we showed your comment to your 16 year old, would he or she be proud of you? Grow up man, stop making a mockery of yourself grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Beautyaddy: 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2019
GoodFaith:

his father was PM, he didn't have to gave it up

So you're saying that the UK allows anyone with active dual citizenship to become UK PM?
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Beautyaddy: 9:54pm On Oct 14, 2019
GoodFaith:

the present Canadian PM

lol!....okay, that was decades ago.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2019
GoodFaith:

what about Toronto crazy traffic

I've never been there but if it is anything like the one in atlanta, I no fit do am. One thing I hate more than driving is sitting in traffic grin grin grin. During a snowstorm a couple of years back, we spent 9 good hours traveling just 10 miles.....I no fit cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by GoodFaith: 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2019
Beautyaddy:

So you're saying that the UK allows anyone with active dual citizenship to become UK PM?
Canada
the UK PM gave up American citizenship because of tax
All Americans must pay taxes on income and dividends if u sell ur house in any part of the world
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by bolayei: 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
abbey621:

If you sat in traffic for 2 hours in Atlanta, you go know say e good make person use money buy convenience grin grin grin grin
You don't even come across exposed. I guess you are the type I don't associate with. Atlanta is a shit hole.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by bolayei: 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
abbey621:

Hahaha....Now if we showed your comment to your 16 year old, would he or she be proud of you? Grow up man, stop making a mockery of yourself grin grin grin
Lol mockery of myself? You are actually right she will be wondering why I'm wasting time on a commoner like you. Some people are done with living abroad, pray you reach that class where you can stroll in and out of any country. Hey try and explore the world more and be exposed.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 10:06pm On Oct 14, 2019
bolayei:

You don't even come across exposed. I guess you are the type I don't associate with. Atlanta is a shit hole.

LMAO...It's past your bedtime, go to bed & stop this foolery grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by bolayei: 10:10pm On Oct 14, 2019
abbey621:

LMAO...It's past your bedtime, go to bed & stop this foolery grin grin grin
Past your papa bed time. You that live in Mushin kind area outside Nigeria. Next time don't quote people that are greater than you
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Beautyaddy: 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2019
GoodFaith:

Canada
the UK PM gave up American citizenship because of tax
All Americans must pay taxes on income and dividends if u sell ur house in any part of the world

Correct...huh...Uncle Sam does not play with money...lol! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 10:31pm On Oct 14, 2019
bolayei:

Past your papa bed time. You that live in Mushin kind area outside Nigeria. Next time don't quote people that are greater than you

Empty drum....With all your greatness dem no know your papa for UK grin grin grin Omo Ale Jati Jati grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Elxandre(m): 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2019
ajl:
Brainless people. While you all suppose to be crying for yourselves. Running to the countries of the same people who took some of your ancestors as slaves, raped and virtually obliterated your cultures and religions, and turned your personality in and out to the point of self-hate.

Dont get me wrong. I have 2 passports and a means to get the third one but to me it's not something to celebrate. Nigerians are surely different beings. Reasons heartless politicians "Bleep" the people right, left, and center because most don't stand or believe in anything. Almost a perfect fit to the description of Lugard.
Stop being hypocritical.

Are you saying you weren't happy when you got them?
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by ajl: 10:44pm On Oct 14, 2019
GoodFaith:

tax was 7% before GST tax 15% to 13% now
shopping mall didn't use to open on Sunday
u know the PM with the long jam, next the lady, the dude with the bend mouth

Bent mouth? That's Chrietien or something close to that?
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by karika2018: 10:53pm On Oct 14, 2019
bolayei:
Don't come to conclusion because of the illegal immigrants you know in the UK.

UK is far better than Canada and USA I can tell you that for free. From health care, transport system ,support for families, student loans buying a house and you can become very settled in one month of getting to the UK. What else do you want ? Oh to be spoon fed ? Well no other country will do that for you but UK will literally help you put the spoon in your mouth.

in your mind uk is better than usa and canada.......do you know how many people that i have worked with in us that hold british passport............even the girl nkem would leave uk passport for canadian passport.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2019
1StopRudeness:

The Nigerian system has psychological affected many, most people aren’t aiming to be rich...they just want to be safe, healthy and live a quiet life...if people working in chevron and Exxon mobil earning 3million a month are running to Canada....how much more the average Nigerian??
...when I asked this dude why he’s leaving a very good job running to Canada....he said for the future of his kids....this country will soon hit the climax...the shit is about the shiit the ceiling..

the rich won’t be able to drive on the street cos the poor won’t be able to feed after a while...the government has no plan other than to tax, and keep taxing....the last one they introduced shows how desperate they are.. taxing communication
we can’t even talk in peace after we paid VAT while buying the fone, the recharge card, we already paid tax when we collected salary oooo.... we will soon pay toilet and breathing tax

That shouldn't be the solution, running from your country to another because u want a good life and your children to have a good life bla bla, what is the guarantee that your children will have a good life? Base on what is happening in those countries now, some might end up regretting it believe me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by karika2018: 11:43pm On Oct 14, 2019
EXOUSIAng:

Thats my point exactly, ohh she has achieved her purpose on earth or i dont understand the "made it". Made it? Like seriously, if that is her idea of made it, then she is just dumb, well i have seen someone fly from lagos to abuja and calls it an achievement tho, so i guess i need to get used to Nigerians celebrating everything.

People have different dreams..........yes she made it...........she now has free entry to over 86 countries where she can study or work or do business in.............paul and peter of former psquare....jude okoye..........mercy johnson.....omoni onoboli......tonto dike....uche jombo all had their kids in the united states..........including linda ikeji that is almost a billionaire.......

some colleges in the states pay less than $2000 in school fees per semester...with financial aid and scholarship that is almost free school fees and also students are giving instalmental payments.............she can be whatever she wants to be in life..........doctor, nurse, name it.........

if what you understand by being a success is being a millionaire in dollars.........that is to you.........anybody below the age of 30 in america.....a us citizen or a green card holder without children can have a blissful life if they choose to........as long as you are able to work.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 3:07am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

I live in Norcross but during weekdays I'm at my second home in Dunwoody.

I visited a friend who lives in Alpharetta last time I was in Atlanta

Very nice area wouldn’t be a bad idea to own a home over there.

Roswell was also a nice place as well.

The only think that sucks was the traffic.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 3:14am On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

I visited a friend who lives in Alpharetta last time I was in Atlanta

Very nice area wouldn’t be a bad idea to own a home over there.

Roswell was also a nice place as well.

The only think that sucks was the traffic.

Oh yea, you know the area well. House prices in those areas are maddening, 400,000 dollars upwards. Yea the traffic is the reason why I got one home near my workplace and another for the weekend. Just like Lagos, person no go see wetin cause am grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Kanyekels(m): 3:37am On Oct 15, 2019
Abeg how una dey take get this passport? Naija don tire me oo
abbey621:

Oh yea, you know the area well. House prices in those areas are maddening, 400,000 dollars upwards. Yea the traffic is the reason why I got one home near my workplace and another for the weekend. Just like Lagos, person no go see wetin cause am grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 4:42am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

$400,000 for a four bedroom & three Baths is a huge steal.

Here in Miami, FL you’re guaranteed to spend at least anywhere from $1 Million upwards to buy a house in the nice places including Miami Beach, Doral, Coral Gables, Aventura & Key Biscayne.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 4:44am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

The traffic to me is the only disadvantage.

I like the fact that there’s a lot of upwardly Black Men & Women doing Good in Atlanta something that’s very rare here in the states.

Plus it’s a very diverse state with a lot of Nigerians just like Maryland.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 4:47am On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

$400,000 for a four bedroom & three Baths is a huge steal.

Here in Miami, FL you’re guaranteed to spend at least anywhere from $1 Million upwards to buy a house in the nice places including Miami Beach, Doral, Coral Gables, Aventura & Key Biscayne.

Oh no, the places you are mentioning are luxury living. They're almost comparable to some places in LA and Beverly Hills but Alpharetta/Roswell? Those houses were going for 150 to 250k after the 2008 financial crisis, it's a shame man never hammer back then....lol.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 4:49am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

I also paid a visit to neighboring Columbus, Georgia which’s only about an hour & 30 minutes from Atlanta.

It’s a very cheap city. My friend only pays about $600 for a one bedroom apartment.

Maybe the city is cheap due to the fact that there’re a lot of Military Personnel in town due to its close proximity to the Fort Benning Military Base in Fort Benning Georgia.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 4:50am On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

The traffic to me is the only disadvantage.

I like the fact that there’s a lot of upwardly Black Men & Women doing Good in Atlanta something that’s very rare here in the states.

Plus it’s a very diverse state with a lot of Nigerians just like Maryland.

Yea we kuku don accept am like that. Lots of Nigerians are doing great here but we also have lots of shady people and the community is not united at all. Nigerians would rather patronize Mexicans than to support their own. There's a Nigerian restaurant here that almost went bankrupt because it was strictly Nigerian, the owner had to change it to African/Carribean in order to be successful. I guess no matter the continent, Nigerians never change, may God help us all grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 4:54am On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

I also paid a visit to neighboring Columbus, Georgia which’s only about an hour & 30 minutes from Atlanta.

It’s a very cheap city. My friend only pays about $600 for a one bedroom apartment.

Maybe the city is cheap due to the fact that there’re a lot of Military Personnel in town due to its close proximity to the Fort Benning Military Base in Fort Benning Georgia.

Yea we have lots of cheaper places 2 hours away from Atlanta but most people working 8 to 12 hours per day, don't want to commute that long. Especially when main Atlanta traffic can be brutal at times. I have one of my subordinates that commutes from Douglasvile, she go leave house at 4am just to get to office by 7am. She go leave office by 4pm just to get home by 7pm, I keep saying in Yoruba language, man was not born to suffer grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 4:56am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

Oh no, the places you are mentioning are luxury living. They're almost comparable to some places in LA and Beverly Hills but Alpharetta/Roswell? Those houses were going for 150 to 250k after the 2008 financial crisis, it's a shame man never hammer back then....lol.

I don’t really want another financial crisis to occur but that might only be the way for people like us to cash in on the falling real estate & become home owners.

The Prices of houses right now all need to come down to previous lows in order to enable people to buy in

From New York City to Washington D.C. to Los Angeles to Miami to Atlanta most Middle Class Americans have been slowly but surely priced out ever owning a nice house.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abbey621(m): 5:03am On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

I don’t really want another financial crisis to occur but that might only be the way for people like us to cash in on the falling real estate & become home owners.

The Prices of houses right now all need to come down to previous lows in order to enable people to buy in

From New York City to Washington D.C. to Los Angeles to Miami to Atlanta most Middle Class Americans have been slowly but surely priced out ever owning a nice house.

Yea, knowing Americans, we'll see another housing bubble sooner than later. The country just loves buying buying buying and credit/mortgage is king grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 5:03am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

Yea we have lots of cheaper places 2 hours away from Atlanta but most people working 8 to 12 hours per day, don't want to commute that long. Especially when main Atlanta traffic can be brutal at times. I have one of my subordinates that commutes from Douglasvile, she go leave house at 4am just to get to office by 7am. She go leave office by 4pm just to get home by 7pm, I keep saying in Yoruba language, man was not born to suffer grin grin grin

So why can’t Atlanta expand MARTA?

I used it the last time I was in Atlanta & it was really nice.

It’s takes you from the Airport to Midtown, Fourpoints, Downtown, Roswell, Dunwoody and even Buckhead.

When I was living in New York City, I didn’t need to own a car because the Subway could take you to wherever you want & most of the busy ones run 24/7.

But in Atlanta, you definitely need a car to go from point A to B.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by 7Alexandre: 5:04am On Oct 15, 2019
abbey621:

Yea, knowing Americans, we'll see another housing bubble sooner than later. The country just loves buying buying buying and credit/mortgage is king grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin

I’m low key praying for a mild recession so everything can crash so poor men like us can be able to buy lol...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos: Transport Ideas That Can Reduce Traffic/Accidents In Lagos. / Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse / New Photos Of Man Who Survived Fatal Accident That Killed Over 80 Persons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.