Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos (4232 Views)

Junaid Mohammed Quits As Donald Duke’s Running Mate / Buhari Appoints Junaid Abdullahi, His Son-In-Law As Head Of Border Agency / R-APC: Why Buhari’s Associates Are Dumping Him – Junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by achikolo(f): 6:23am On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

They lost their turn in 2015.

As soon as Nnamdi Kanu was elevated to the position of spokesperson cum spiritual leader for the Igbos, that was the end of their presidential ticket.

Whilst others waited with bated breathes for a reprimand of Nnamdi Kanu and the Ipob movement by the educated and sane, the true shock that befell other tribes was the tacit and overt support he seemed to garner.

Honestly, 2023 should have been for the Igbos but they lost it due to their utterances and I'm no prophet but I can say for sure they would not be making president in 2023.
[/s]
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by Bede2u(m): 6:54am On Oct 15, 2019
oyin44:
The truth is bitter abi...denounce biafra that is the only way..so that SE won't be kept in isolation.To be quite honest, l cannot vote an ibo's man as president.It is better for us to save the nation from impending doom.SW is better of.
so you won't vote igboman because you are afraid he'd end your one Nigeria parasitism.

So we can now see that the biggest fear of a Yoruba is the Igbos he hates so much leaving his one Nigeria... shame

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by Bede2u(m): 7:04am On Oct 15, 2019
LegendHer0:

To be honest, common sense will dictate that the Igbos need to be given a chance to assume the mantle of presidency for cohesion sake so that every one of the major tribes will have a sense of belonging.

One can argue that the advantage of such noble act will imply that Nigeria can move away from its gory past and forge an alliance of brotherhood going forward coz an Igbo president will not hurt but rather heal the nation.

But they have to blink first and actually come together to rally a common course. To take power you have to make do with emotional politics and play politics as it should be played which is to make friends with the enemy and strike when you have the power.

In politics, you have to understand the power of alliance and diplomacy. A strong person is not someone that can’t bow or shift stance, but rather a strong person is someone who have conquered the weakness of emotion. Play politics like how it should be played and see how that will come to fruition for them.

so when Igbos voted obj in 2003...yaradua in 2007 and GEJ in 2011 what were they doing? Destroying bridges or enthroning only Igbos to power?
You are blinded by hate for people you should love. The thing you accuse the Igbos is actually what the north is guilty of.
Since 2003 till now, the core north has ALWAYS voted Buhari. Why do you love them and hate Igbos? What did Igbos do to you.

You guys termed GEJ presidency an Igbo presidency and hated us for it. The highest position an igboman held in GEJ presidency was SGF and deputy senate President.

You hate people you should not. That's emotional

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by Commentor: 7:04am On Oct 15, 2019
Bede2u:
so you won't vote igboman because you are afraid he'd end your one Nigeria parasitism.

So we can now see that the biggest fear of a Yoruba is the Igbos he hates so much leaving his one Nigeria... shame

No one would vote someone not dedicated to the cause.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by GMbuharii: 7:07am On Oct 15, 2019
LegendHer0:
I like your write up OP, and you’re simply defending your tribe and replying the hate being dished out by the un-noble statesman Junaid.

While you may be furious, let me remind you that all junaid have been doing is just a reciprocal of what the Igbos have been doing to the North.

Go online, you keep calling the whole north Cow, Terrorists, savages, backward people, hateful names, Alamjiri, etc.

In all honesty do you feel the north won’t also have the same magnitude of hate you had for them? Why are you pained when one of them dished out what you’ve been dishing out and making it seems like it’s against the norm.

Where are you OP, when Nnamdi Kanu keep calling the whole north cows? Where are the Ohaneze and your elders ? Did they caution him or did you caution him?

I chatted with a Northerner once on Facebook and that was the first one I will ever chat with. She is a student of ABU, I introduced myself and told her I’m Yoruba, she was afraid to mention her tribe when I asked her.

Her actual statement was that “Will you hate me if I tell you I’m Fulani”?

That statement melted my heart, coz she told me we constantly abuse them everytime online especially during those Fulani herdsmen atrocities.

What do you think she will feel for the southerner, love or hatred with the constant abuse? Have you forgotten there are engineers, lawyers, soldiers, entrepreneurs, etc that are from the north too?

I don’t care about you or Junaid. I’m just tryna tell you that all of us are guilty of the same offense.

All of us are guilty of the same offence but here you are, accusing the Igbos of same offence,ain't that strange?! Ain't you a grand hypocrite!?

When did Kanu come onboard, wasn't it about 2015?
When has the likes of Junaid been ranting and threatening? What year did Buhari threaten "Dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood?" What about the likes of that late Adamu Ciroma who threatened to make the country ungovernable? So we should just keep shut like mumu and allow these retrogressive and unproductive people to continue taking us as shyyt,huh!
Shyyt goes on, nobody says or do anything,you yorubas don't do nothing but the only people voicing out our grievances,you yorubas are ALWAYS the 1st to condemn and attack them!

I am from the Niger Delta,Edo but at times I see you yorubas as a big abomination to us southerners.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by Bede2u(m): 7:08am On Oct 15, 2019
Commentor:

so you don't want Igbo to leave your Nigeria na... because believe me, most Igbos will be happy if your tribe leave.
Unlike you, we Igbos will survive in or out of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by achikolo(f): 7:11am On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

[/s]
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by Bede2u(m): 7:11am On Oct 15, 2019
Commentor:

They lost their turn in 2015.

As soon as Nnamdi Kanu was elevated to the position of spokesperson cum spiritual leader for the Igbos, that was the end of their presidential ticket.

Whilst others waited with bated breathes for a reprimand of Nnamdi Kanu and the Ipob movement by the educated and sane, the true shock that befell other tribes was the tacit and overt support he seemed to garner.

Honestly, 2023 should have been for the Igbos but they lost it due to their utterances and I'm no prophet but I can say for sure they would not be making president in 2023.
how come you didn't feel like this against the hausas and Buhari when he made a statement that an attack on BokoHaram is an attack against the north?
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by GMbuharii: 7:13am On Oct 15, 2019
LegendHer0:

To be honest, common sense will dictate that the Igbos need to be given a chance to assume the mantle of presidency for cohesion sake so that every one of the major tribes will have a sense of belonging.

One can argue that the advantage of such noble act will imply that Nigeria can move away from its gory past and forge an alliance of brotherhood going forward coz an Igbo president will not hurt but rather heal the nation.

But they have to blink first and actually come together to rally a common course. To take power you have to make do with emotional politics and play politics as it should be played which is to make friends with the enemy and strike when you have the power.

In politics, you have to understand the power of alliance and diplomacy. A strong person is not someone that can’t bow or shift stance, but rather a strong person is someone who have conquered the weakness of emotion. Play politics like how it should be played and see how that will come to fruition for them.

AHHHHHHHHHHH,e ma gba mi,oloun!!!!! Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku greenback come and see speech, epistle, Keynote address on Igbo presidency!

Please,did you guys see such when northerners were threatening everyone with "baboons and dogs will be soaked in blood"?
grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by GMbuharii: 7:15am On Oct 15, 2019
Bede2u:
how come you didn't feel like this against the hausas and Buhari when he made a statement that an attack on BokoHaram is an attack against the north?
AND THET THE BABOONS AND DOGS WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD AND MAKING THE COUNTRY UNGOVERNABLE?

Fixed
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 15, 2019
GMbuharii:

AHHHHHHHHHHH,e ma gba mi,oloun!!!!! Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku greenback come and see speech, epistle, Keynote address on Igbo presidency!

Please,did you guys see such when northerners were threatening everyone with "baboons and dogs will be soaked in blood"?
grin grin grin grin
Even GEJ was classified as Igbo and attacked vehemently

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by Commentor: 7:18am On Oct 15, 2019
Bede2u:

Because he never said so.

How many times would you be told this ?
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by achikolo(f): 7:27am On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

[/s]
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by Bede2u(m): 7:33am On Oct 15, 2019
Commentor:

Speaking to supporters on May 14 in Kaduna, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) made several incendiary statements, calling the Federal Government (FG) of Nigeria “the biggest Boko Haram” and saying that presidential elections of 2015 must be free and fair, warning (as the press has translated it), “If what happened in 2011 should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.” These statements have caused considerable uproar in the Nigerian press and major controversy among the political class. (Some say that Buhari, who spoke in Hausa, was misquoted and misinterpreted; see here for an interesting discussion of the Hausa proverb “kare jini biri jini.”)

Buhari, who was military head of state in Nigeria from 1983 to 1985, was runner-up in the last three Nigerian presidential elections. Buhari challenged the results in each case; since Nigeria returned to democracy in 1999, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has won all four presidential elections the country has held. Boko Haram, of course, is the violent movement based in Northeastern Nigeria that has carried out numerous attacks over the past two years on government and Christian targets, mostly in the Northeast but also in Kano, Kaduna, Abuja, and elsewhere.

The significance of Buhari’s statements is, for me, two-fold.

First, Buhari’s remarks show that politicians are already looking to the next presidential elections in 2015. On one level, Buhari’s rhetoric is aggressive campaign rhetoric. In his remarks, he stated that he does believe there is a real movement called Boko Haram, as well as associated patterns of criminality. He implied that the FG is incapable of dealing with the insecurity, partly because in his view Federal leaders do not listen to Northerners. The idea that President Goodluck Jonathan is incompetent on security issues is an extension of Buhari’s campaign rhetoric from 2011.

Calling the FG itself “the biggest Boko Haram,” meanwhile, is a provocative political move, one that aims to redirect attention from the violence in the North to the violence and theft allegedly perpetrated by the FG. This accusation plays directly into Buhari’s image, among his primarily Northern supporters (see a map of the 2011 election results here), as a tough leader who would end legal and financial abuses within the FG.

Buhari said after 2011 that he wouldn’t run again, but now it seems he may be changing his mind; some observers expect Jonathan not to run, but he may do so as well. If the 2015 election is a rematch between Jonathan and Buhari, then it looks like Buhari may already be firing the opening shots.

The administration has already fired back. Playing into Buhari’s image among many of his opponents as a partisan of Northern Muslims, an administration spokesman decried the General’s comments:

We find it very sad that an elder statesman who once presided over the entirety of Nigeria can reduce himself to a regional leader who speaks for only a part of Nigeria. We now understand what his protégé and former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Malam Nasir El’Rufai, meant when he wrote in a public letter in October of 2010, telling Nigerians that Buhari remains “perpetually unelectable” and that Buhari’s ”insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus are already well-known.”

The president and Buhari are not the only politicians participating in the debate, of course. Some Northern heavyweights have defended Buhari, either by supporting him, by saying that he was misquoted, or by using the remarks to call for electoral reform. Other Northern groups, though, have condemned the remarks.

What do we make of Buhari’s invocation of violence? 2011 has the image, internationally, of having been Nigeria’s “cleanest” election since 1999, but according to Human Rights Watch it was also “among the bloodiest”: over 800 dead, and some 65,000 displaced. Much of the violence occurred in Northern states, when protests by Buhari’s supporters “degenerated into violent riots or sectarian killings.” In this context, Buhari’s suggestion that 2015 could be violent has ominous overtones.

Inter-Communal Tensions

Second, Buhari’s statements have significance in that they contribute to ongoing interreligious, inter-regional, and inter-ethnic tensions in Nigeria. Boko Haram’s uprising, and particularly the sect’s violence against Christians, has intersected with long-standing inter-communal tensions in different parts of the country such as Jos and Kaduna. As Boko Haram’s violence continues, some Christian leaders have taken tough rhetorical stances, warning of Christian “self-defense” in ways that imply the possibility of Christian reprisals against Muslims. Buhari’s statement has produced concern in places like Jos, while the Niger Delta Youth Leaders Forum has raised the issue of reprisal violence, implying that if Buhari’s words incite Northern youth to attack Southerners in the North, they will respond in kind. Several Nigerian press articles say that Buhari’s statements are “overheating” Nigeria, a powerful image. Buhari has raised the temperature further by daring Jonathan to arrest him.

As a coda, I should say that Buhari does not speak for all Northern leaders. His statements on Boko Haram exist as part of a continuum of Northern leaders’ responses to the problem, which have ranged from proposing dialogue to condemning the FG’s approach to, if some allegations are to be believed, actively supporting the movement. Looking more closely at this continuum would be worth a separate post; I will tackle that in June if the news cycle allows.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by dukeprince50: 7:34am On Oct 15, 2019
Bede2u:
so when Igbos voted obj in 2003...yaradua in 2007 and GEJ in 2011 what were they doing? Destroying bridges or enthroning only Igbos to power?
You are blinded by hate for people you should love. The thing you accuse the Igbos is actually what the north is guilty of.
Since 2003 till now, the core north has ALWAYS voted Buhari. Why do you love them and hate Igbos? What did Igbos do to you.

You guys termed GEJ presidency an Igbo presidency and hated us for it. The highest position an igboman held in GEJ presidency was SGF and deputy senate President.

You hate people you should not. That's emotional
I stand to be corrected but the cyber fight between SW and SE was after 2019 election when APC won SW, The prediction was that SW votes will be shared 50:50, Atiku will share northern vote and SE and SS is a lockdown, Igbo's were angry SW gave 60% votes to APC which they felt is a northern party and they begin to call them slaves of the North, meanwhile SW also know a thing or two about internet unlike the North, and so the SW retaliated, this was wat made Igbo's angry because they didn't imagine SW will also attack them same way, they expect SW to be mute just like the north. The Igbo's caused the problems they are facing. You should learn to respect others no matter who they vote for. Moreover the SW didn't vote against the Igbos, they voted APC. Are you expecting them to give you their votes when their son is vice president, and ministers? even Igbo's refuse to vote for their own son, they voted against APC.

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by Bede2u(m): 7:41am On Oct 15, 2019
dukeprince50:
I stand to be corrected but the cyber fight between SW and SE was after 2019 election when APC won SW, The prediction was that SW votes will be shared 50:50, Atiku will share northern vote and SE and SS is a lockdown, Igbo's were angry SW gave 60% votes to APC which they felt is a northern party and they begin to call them slaves of the North, meanwhile SW also know a thing or two about internet unlike the North, and so the SW retaliated, this was wat made Igbo's angry because they didn't imagine SW will also attack them same way, they expect SW to be mute just like the north. The Igbo's caused the problems they are facing. You should learn to respect others no matter who they vote for. Moreover the SW didn't vote against the Igbos, they voted APC. Are you expecting them to give you their votes when their son is vice president, and ministers? even Igbo's refuse to vote for their own son, they voted against APC.
good to know you admit that Igbo attack on yorubas is a recent something.

Now let me take you back to 2012 when most Igbos were not having any political issues with anybody. These are statement from yorubas here then

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by Bede2u(m): 7:42am On Oct 15, 2019
dukeprince50:

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by xelly: 8:05am On Oct 15, 2019
oyin44:
The truth is bitter abi...denounce biafra that is the only way..so that SE won't be kept in isolation.To be quite honest, l cannot vote an ibo's man as president.It is better for us to save the nation from impending doom.SW is better of.

Who ask you what you just said?

Illiteracy speaks with all certainty. People have choice to what they want. Some people who are Igbos will not even join Biafra while most will. Do you think that president alone can divide Nigeria? Is Nigeria what it ought to be today? Is the actions in the right direction to compete with demand of the era? Why don't you want Nigeria to be divided?

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by mercyville: 8:32am On Oct 15, 2019
GMbuharii:

All of us are guilty of the same offence but here you are, accusing the Igbos of same offence,ain't that strange?! Ain't you a grand hypocrite!?

When did Kanu come onboard, wasn't it about 2015?
When has the likes of Junaid been ranting and threatening? What year did Buhari threaten "Dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood?" What about the likes of that late Adamu Ciroma who threatened to make the country ungovernable? So we should just keep shut like mumu and allow these retrogressive and unproductive people to continue taking us as shyyt,huh!
Shyyt goes on, nobody says or do anything,you yorubas don't do nothing but the only people voicing out our grievances,you yorubas are ALWAYS the 1st to condemn and attack them!

I am from the Niger Delta,Edo but at times I see you yorubas as a big abomination to us southerners.
I know you are Igbo.
Sometimes one is surprised of how you people think.In the history of Nigeria,it is the Yorubas that have always fought for the emancipation of Nigeria.I do not like pointing accusing finger to any tribe because we are all in this quagmire together but you Igbos have betrayed Nigerians more than even the Hausa Fulani but you have always felt victimized not knowing that you laid the foundation.

I would love the Igbos to be president in 2023 but I know it is a tall dream according to recent happenings and it would be very,very difficult for the Hausa Fulani to trust them that they wont disingegrate Nigeria.
I am a Yoruba and I have seen and read that it is when we are not in govt that we have had the greatest growth.I believe we do not really need the presidency but I would not also want the Northerners to continue being presidents because we always have grave problems and less growth during their periods compared to the Southerners.
I strongly believe that a Yorubaman will make a very positive difference in 2023 but should not be a man that would be influenced greatly by the North like Obasanjo who could have done very well for Nigeria but failed woefully.I voted for Buhari in 2015 when I saw restructuring in their manifesto and I thought he had integrity but alas...
I did not vote for either Buhari or Atiku in 2019 because I know they are birds of the same feather..
I will like to be in a separate country or at the worst be in a kind of Western Nigeria that will develop in its own pace without any centre holding us down to a no growth situation which it has found itself.Barring this let us stop the blame game to move Nigeria forward..

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by GMbuharii: 9:12am On Oct 15, 2019
mercyville:

I know you are Igbo.

Sometimes one is surprise of how you people think.In the history of Nigeria,it is the Yorubas that have always fought for the emancipation of Nigeria.I do not like pointing accusing finger to any tribe because we are all in this quagmire together but you Igbos have betrayed Nigerians more than even the Hausa Fulani but you have always felt victimized not knowing that you laid the foundation.

I would love the Igbos to be president in 2023 but I know it is a tall dream according to recent happenings and it would be very,very difficult for the Hausa Fulani to trust them that they wont disingegrate Nigeria.
I am a Yoruba and I have seen and read that it is when we are not in govt that we have had the greatest growth.I believe we do not really need the presidency but I would not also want the Northerners to continue being presidents because we always have grave problems and less growth during their periods compared to the Southerners.

I have known you for a long time on here,how you used to be buh I have also observed that you've also kinda turned a new leaf ( e ma so fun wa pe "hand don touch you" ) so I will not ignore you cos your bolded above.
When you say the yorubas fought for the emancipation of Nigeria,I wonder what you mean,cos I was taught in school and I read that the likes of Okotie-Eboh, Awolowo, Herbert Macaulay, Azikiwe, Anthony Enahoro, were the he pioneers freedom fighters of the country so how, where were you taught that only the yorubas fought for the emancipation of Nigeria?!?!?!?! And you wonder how the Igbos think!!!!!?

When you speak of the Igbos laying the foundation of betrayal,can you please throw more light on that?
When you talk about disintegration,are telling me it's only the Igbos that got that in mind? What about COSEG (coalition of Oodua self determination group) or maybe you have or pretend to have heard of that! We have our own Niger Delta groups as well,so quit thinking it's only the Igbos that are fed up with this Mallam infested land bondage.

This last two things are important..
1. Quit saying you yorubas only gain much when not in power cos what you are actually saying in essence is you wanna be second fiddle forever,you ain't a man.

2. Never accuse a man of pretending to come from were he is not just to suit your wrong imagination.
Only a Bastard will claim another man's tribe.

When you say you know I am Igbo, you are more or less calling me a Bastard so please never say it again.
I am a southerner and cannot pretend that all is well with this Mallam infested hole and not stand behind people that are looking these mallams in the eyes and telling them straight the real shyyyt they need to hear. Only the Igbos does that.

Well Well a great day.....

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku greenback

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by FortuneDeGreat(m): 9:16am On Oct 15, 2019
LegendHer0:

You got it wrong, the animosity between the North and the Igbos is borne out of the fact that both of you guys have the-same ideological mindset which is a game of the “winner takes all” and what can be termed the “Napoleon Complex“.

Both the Igbos and the Northerners have an attitude of I don’t care whose ox is gored, you both don’t care about the other man’s feeling and you both reason like the weak meant nothing but an object to trample on.

Like I’ve always said, if the Igbos had thesame power as the north, they will do the same thing the North is doing to Nigeria. Winner take all syndrome is a symptoms of both tribe.

I can argue that the architect of Nigeria’s misery is not only the north but the Igbos inclusive. Nigeria creation by its forebearers is a creation that has been structured not to stand the test of time. The Igbo forebearers colluded with the devil (North) thinking the latter will be eternally stupid but the North learnt every act of absolute power from the Igbos and they are able to utilize that power more because of their population advantage!

The North hold on power isn’t because they are the only devil, it’s just that they are the most opportuned devil in this entity called Nigeria. If Ironsi have been left to consolidate power during those dark ages, the Igbos might have been the image of the North in this present Nigeria.

Note: I did not bring the issue of economic prosperity, education, religion into this context!
In all you've just stated I want to ask few questions but before that I'd like to commend your certain degree of sincerity and on the other hand condemn your self righteous and self exonerating exhibitions.
To my questions -
Is the north a tribe or a region?
Do you think that Nigeria is presently in a bad shape because of the heinous and negative activities of just the north and Igbo?
If no, could you kindly state the areas the Yoruba contributed and if yes, tell us how the Yoruba is entirely exonerated.

Thanks in anticipation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by LZAA: 9:27am On Oct 15, 2019
GMbuharii:

I have known you for a long time on here,how you used to be buh I have also observed that you've also kinda turned a new leaf ( e ma so fun wa pe "hand don touch you" ) so I will not ignore you cos your bolded above.
When you say the yorubas fought for the emancipation of Nigeria,I wonder what you mean,cos I was taught in school and I read that the likes of Okotie-Eboh, Awolowo, Herbert Macaulay, Azikiwe, Anthony Enahoro, were the he pioneers freedom fighters of the country so how, where were you taught that only the yorubas fought for the emancipation of Nigeria?!?!?!?! And you wonder how the Igbos think!!!!!?

When you speak of the Igbos laying the foundation of betrayal,can you please throw more light on that?
When you talk about disintegration,are telling me it's only the Igbos that got that in mind? What about COSEG (coalition of Oodua self determination group) or maybe you have or pretend to have heard of that! We have our own Niger Delta groups as well,so quit thinking it's only the Igbos that are fed up with this Mallam infested land bondage.

This last two things are important..
1. Quit saying you yorubas only gain much when not in power cos what you are actually saying in essence is you wanna be second fiddle forever,you ain't a man.

2. Never accuse a man of pretending to come from were he is not just to suit your wrong imagination.
Only a Bastard will claim another man's tribe.

When you say you know I am Igbo, you are more or less calling me a Bastard so please never say it again.
I am a southerner and cannot pretend that all is well with this Mallam infested hole and not stand behind people that are looking these mallams in the eyes and telling them straight the real shyyyt they need to hear. Only the Igbos does that.

Well Well a great day.....

shocked shocked cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by LZAA: 9:32am On Oct 15, 2019
immhotep:

Even GEJ was classified as Igbo and attacked vehemently

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by GMbuharii: 9:37am On Oct 15, 2019
mercyville:

I strongly believe that a Yorubaman will make a very positive difference in 2023 but should not be a man that would be influenced greatly by the North like Obasanjo who could have done very well for Nigeria but failed woefully.I voted for Buhari in 2015 when I saw restructuring in their manifesto and I thought he had integrity but alas...
I did not vote for either Buhari or Atiku in 2019 because I know they are birds of the same feather..
I will like to be in a separate country or at the worst be in a kind of Western Nigeria that will develop in its own pace without any centre holding us down to a no growth situation which it has found itself.Barring this let us stop the blame game to move Nigeria forward..

Good,a Yoruba man will certainly make a positive difference come 2023 just like any southerner. And please,for God's sake, Obj was not a failure and he was never influenced by the north. Obj was his own man and was greatly antagonised by the north. If he was influenced by the north,he would've done only one term ( remember the north forced him to sign it 1999). He actually stubbornly did two terms. Remember also he got Mohammed Abacha and Mustapha kept in jail for long. Remember how he also purged the military of the lopsided northern numbers.
Fact is,it's a bold southerner like obj we really need. A Yoruba president would be ok but you yorubas and Nigerians gotta give the chance to the Igbos and since you yorubas also were northern allies in voting out a fellow southerner,gej,outta power,you shouldn't be thinking of power now that the south should produce the next president.
You saw Restructuring in buharis manifesto in 2015, didn't you also see True Federalism in the manifesto?

How on earth would you yorubas err believe a northerner will implement that? Or maybe you don't wanna say you real reasons for voting for Buhari cos I can remember very well how you guys us hated gej cos of the igbos.

Now you are talking about loving to be in a free country but you and the likes of LegendHero hates it with passion when the Igbos want same,KILODEEEEEEEEE!!!!?!?!?!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by LegendHer0: 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
In all you've just stated I want to ask few questions but before that I'd like to commend your certain degree of sincerity and on the other hand condemn your self righteous and self exonerating exhibitions.
To my questions -
Is the north a tribe or a region?
Do you think that Nigeria is presently in a bad shape because of the heinous and negative activities of just the north and Igbo?
If no, could you kindly state the areas the Yoruba contributed and if yes, tell us how the Yoruba is entirely exonerated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Well the Topic was about the Northerners who are majorly consisted of Hausa/Fulani and Igbos which explains why I focused my reply on both.

Of course North is a region that is a conglomerate of many tribes. It’s majorly dominated by Hausa/Fulani tribes and I just use the North to categorize the Hausa/Fulani (Tho I was wrong by using that tag).

Nigeria is in a bad shape because of the activities of all tribes including the Yorubas and the minorities. But the genesis of Nigeria’s woes is mainly orchestrated by the Igbo and the Hausa/Fulani alliance pre-1967. (You can try to argue this but I got a lot to buttress my fact).

Also let me ask you, looking back at Nigeria’s history since 1954, what do you think is the Yoruba’s fault in all this coz I would like to hear it from someone outside my tribe.
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by franklyfrank: 1:04pm On Oct 15, 2019
LegendHer0:
I like your write up OP, and you’re simply defending your tribe and replying the hate being dished out by the un-noble statesman Junaid.

While you may be furious, let me remind you that all junaid have been doing is just a reciprocal of what the Igbos have been doing to the North.

Go online, you keep calling the whole north Cow, Terrorists, savages, backward people, hateful names, Alamjiri, etc.

In all honesty do you feel the north won’t also have the same magnitude of hate you had for them? Why are you pained when one of them dished out what you’ve been dishing out and making it seems like it’s against the norm.

Where are you OP, when Nnamdi Kanu keep calling the whole north cows? Where are the Ohaneze and your elders ? Did they caution him or did you caution him?

I chatted with a Northerner once on Facebook and that was the first one I will ever chat with. She is a student of ABU, I introduced myself and told her I’m Yoruba, she was afraid to mention her tribe when I asked her.

Her actual statement was that “Will you hate me if I tell you I’m Fulani”?

That statement melted my heart, coz she told me we constantly abuse them everytime online especially during those Fulani herdsmen atrocities.

What do you think she will feel for the southerner, love or hatred with the constant abuse? Have you forgotten there are engineers, lawyers, soldiers, entrepreneurs, etc that are from the north too?

I don’t care about you or Junaid. I’m just tryna tell you that all of us are guilty of the same offense.
so why don't you hate the Fulani because of activities of herdsmen the way you hate igbo because of kanu?

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by franklyfrank: 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2019
surgical:
Am really impressed by this your comments,you have said the absolute truth,unlike the other naive Yorubas on this forum,that just take sides for no cogent reason and deep thoughts
I am all for an Igbo presidency,because I believe in fairness and equity,there can be no peace without Justice but my fear is what you have enumerated above,just which we can have a candidate from them without the stated virus,because I really want them to have it,its their turn
why don't you allow them to go since you hate them so much?

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by LegendHer0: 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2019
GMbuharii:

Good,a Yoruba man will certainly make a positive difference come 2023 just like any southerner. And please,for God's sake, Obj was not a failure and he was never influenced by the north. Obj was his own man and was greatly antagonised by the north. If he was influenced by the north,he would've done only one term ( remember the north forced him to sign it 1999). He actually stubbornly did two terms. Remember also he got Mohammed Abacha and Mustapha kept in jail for long. Remember how he also purged the military of the lopsided northern numbers.
Fact is,it's a bold southerner like obj we really need. A Yoruba president would be ok but you yorubas and Nigerians gotta give the chance to the Igbos and since you yorubas also were northern allies in voting out a fellow southerner,gej,outta power,you shouldn't be thinking of power now that the south should produce the next president.
You saw Restructuring in buharis manifesto in 2015, didn't you also see True Federalism in the manifesto?

How on earth would you yorubas err believe a northerner will implement that? Or maybe you don't wanna say you real reasons for voting for Buhari cos I can remember very well how you guys us hated gej cos of the igbos.

Now you are talking about loving to be in a free country but you and the likes of LegendHero hates it with passion when the Igbos want same,KILODEEEEEEEEE!!!!?!?!?!

Well the Igbo gotta produce the president just like I opined in my earlier replies. Mr. GMBuharii you gotta blink first and identify your enemies and friend.

Left to me, I don’t have any issue with an Igbo man being president coz it’s their right but I just like it when people can give a clear path to take to make that a fruition.

You guys should be laying out a course for the Igbo to take, I can see that the SE governors are meeting Buhari soon, which to me is a step in a good direction. Your problem is that the ego won’t allow you to compromise, you have to do like a sheep sometimes and not come out everytime like a lion.

For an Igbo presidency, judging at the current political environment of Nigeria, who (candidate) and which party do you think the Igbos will stand a chance even if the Yorubas step down for you guys?
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by LegendHer0: 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2019
franklyfrank:
so why don't you hate the Fulani because of activities of herdsmen the way you hate igbo because of kanu?

I hate the Fulani herdsmen like I hate killers and savages.

I do not hate Igbos, if you check through my posts I’m always at loggerheads with Igbos on here due to the fact that I’m replying banters. You can’t categorize that as hate because you can’t beat a dog and expect it not to bark!

Nnamdi Kanu started his Biafra agitation on a wrong footing, he was the one that started abusing the Yorubas, telling his comrades to kill any bastard oyoruba they see in the East, telling them to not attend oyoruba churches, constant abuse online everytime calling everywhere a zoo. That was when the Yorubas had to return the hate for hate.

Me personally already laid out many point on why the SW needs to be out of Nigeria, we would be a better country than remaining in this union called Nigeria. While I’m advocating for that, I don’t go abiut insulting the Igbos and Fulanis to achieve my aim. I’m just highlighting the reason to my fellow Yorubas on why we need to leave from this unions.

That is the difference!
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by FortuneDeGreat(m): 1:28pm On Oct 15, 2019
LegendHer0:

Well the Topic was about the Northerners who are majorly consisted of Hausa/Fulani and Igbos which explains why I focused my reply on both.

Of course North is a region that is a conglomerate of many tribes. It’s majorly dominated by Hausa/Fulani tribes and I just use the North conspicuously with the Hausa/Fulani.

Nigeria is in a bad shape because of the activities of all tribes including the Yorubas and the minorities. But the genesis of Nigeria’s woes is mainly orchestrated by the Igbo and the Hausa/Fulani alliance pre-1967. (You can try to argue this but I got a lot to buttress my fact).

Also let me ask you, looking back at Nigeria’s history since 1954, what do you think is the Yoruba’s fault in all this coz I would like to hear it from someone outside my tribe.
To a considerable extent you answered my questions but again it isn't moderately explicit especially on the aspect of Yoruba's contributions to our country's woes, you said they contributed but wasn't so certain about that or couldn't place a finger on it exactly hence you needed to hear from others, isn't that a bit hypocritical? How could you make a long note on others' fault and also have ample facts to validate your points yet couldn't even make a line of sentence about your tribe?

My initial question was simply, if you think the Yoruba was/is equally or partly culpable, explain how but if you can't simply say they're not.

Two wrongs never make right, it doesn't matter who started or initiated a controversy, though it matters a bit, but who stocked it up and aggravated it really takes a greater blame.

I want you to be true to yourself, shun nepotistic approach on this and spell out how Yoruba contributed, if you can't then it means your earlier admittance was false and incorrect or worse, coated with hypocrisy.

I deduced your vast knowledge in Nigeria's political and social history and I'd love you Elaborate on how Yorubas contributed to Nigeria's present woes as a nation. Thanks once again.
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by LegendHer0: 2:28pm On Oct 15, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
To a considerable extent you answered my questions but again it isn't moderately explicit especially on the aspect of Yoruba's contributions to our country's woes, you said they contributed but wasn't so certain about that or couldn't place a finger on it exactly hence you needed to hear from others, isn't that a bit hypocritical? How could you make a long note on others' fault and also have ample facts to validate your points yet couldn't even make a line of sentence about your tribe?

My initial question was simply, if you think the Yoruba was/is equally or partly culpable, explain how but if you can't simply say they're not.

Two wrongs never make right, it doesn't matter who started or initiated a controversy, though it matters a bit, but who stocked it up and aggravated it really takes a greater blame.

I want you to be true to yourself, shun nepotistic approach on this and spell out how Yoruba contributed, if you can't then it means your earlier admittance was false and incorrect or worse, coated with hypocrisy.

I deduced your vast knowledge in Nigeria's political and social history and I'd love you Elaborate on how Yorubas contributed to Nigeria's present woes as a nation. Thanks once again.

I can't talk about the Yorubas as a stand alone entity without using a case about Nigeria to explain further. My write up may be lengthy but I will try to point out short history of this nation and the contribution of the Yorubas to its woes.

Around 1954, Awolowo AG contols the western region assembly and the lost the election to Azikwe in the Western region mainly due to the fact that Awolowo made it compulsory for grown up men of tax age to pay 10 shilling for his policy of free education and health. That made the NCNC famous coz people are reluctant to pay tax and Awo sent tax collectors against those men in the nooks and crannies of the western region. The reason he took that step was because he had envisioned that after many years of free education, the government budget will not be able to sustain it so he needed a buffer before the western region become short of funds coz the cocoa price was fluctuating in the world market then. NCNC campaigned against tax and they emerged as winner.

Awolowo had to play some games on the psyche of the people of the Western Region then in order to depose the NCNC from their newly found success by evoking tribal sentiment and notifying them that Zik will rule two region if he was allowed to form a government (Awo was wrong here for evoking the sentiment). This is the point where Zik started hating Awo more and he would treat Awo f*ckup later by aligning with the North.

After several Months, Awolowo started his free education and healthcare policy, coupled with the workers welfare policy. He raised minimum wage from 1.9 shillings to 5 shillings even when the world bank advised against it. Then the Daily times newspaper was able to sell 600,000 unit of newspaper daily because workers have spending power to be able to buy them, even people that cannot read will buy and people will read it to them at home.

Before 1963, Azikwe and Balewa already formed a government together to the surprise of sane minds. Azikwe reason was that the East and West were almost at par in intellect and prosperity, if he formed a govenment with the west, there will be constant fight and one of them will not be able to control the other (He also saw it as a chance to repay Awo for what he did earlier in the west). Also, the british were wary of Awolowo becoming Nigeria's leader because his free education policy implies Nigeria might become a nation of intellectuals at such a young age who might start to question British atrocities in Nigeria and they tilted power in the North and Zik formed an alliance.

After the british left, their position needs to be filled up, ZIk cornered most of the government positions for the Igbos, most government parastatals were headed by Igbos and the North could not play a catch up because they are not educated to fill up those positions. You would ask where is the western region in all this (During those period, it is a game of winner takes all).

But Azikwe was not counting on something when they were taking the jobs, the Northerners they thought were illiterate and silly made sure they cornered all the railway extensions in Nigeria, all the military installations, Kainji dam for electricity, and the iron and steel industry which was initially proposed to be sited in the East near Onitsha. The reason the North did this was that they had envisioned a breakup in the chain in the future and they are preparing for that. Remember some years back, the North tried to secede from Nigeria but Azikwe had to convince them to stay.

It was in 1964 when it dawned on Azikwe that the North was not that stupid and unthinking as he thought. It was that point that Azikwe first talked about secession of the Igbos from Nigeria because he knew Balewa had rigged the 1964 parliamentary election and Zik refused to form the government. That was the genesis of the fallout of the Igbos and the northerners. The Igbos repayed the north for their betrayal by carrying out a coup later which saw to the end of Balewa with his gangs. (Remember Awolowo was in prison most of these times on trump up charges of treason).

Where I blame the Yoruba is this, when Biafra was declared, we shouldn't have fought in that war, we should have remained neutral completely or supported the Igbos. If we had supported the Igbos in that Biafran war, the new country would have been better for it now, that was one of the contribution of the Yorubas to the woes of Nigeria.

After the war, the Igbos would later form an alliance with the same North (Shagari/ Ekwueme, Tofa/ Christopher Ugoh) forgetting the attrocities committed by the North against them in the first republic and that was also part of their contribution to this nation woes. Can you clearly see that the bad blood between the East and the West is deeper than we think?

Again in 2015, the Yorubas shouldn't have voted for Buhari in our short sightedness of his past at the detriment of the South. We might have seen it as a repay of where we thought we have been wronged BUT that decision cost Nigeria a lot and we are all still engrossed by Buhari's inefficiency. (Yoruba contributed to the woes here)

The way forward is for the Igbos and Yoruba leaders to stretch hand of friendship and build a common alliance devoid of past histories of atrocities by both tribe and rally around an Igbo man for president OR both come together to make the breakup of this nation a reality.

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by OnyeOgboni: 2:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
I agree with you in your last paragraph..but what steps gave you and your "leaders" taken in achieving this?...maybe u should check out the words docile and cowardly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Be Arrested If He Attends His Mother's Burial In Nigeria? / Biggest Lie Ever Told - The North Feeds Nigeria / Chai! Nnamdi KANU Will Not Kill Me With Intelligence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.