Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos (4233 Views)

Junaid Mohammed Quits As Donald Duke’s Running Mate / Buhari Appoints Junaid Abdullahi, His Son-In-Law As Head Of Border Agency / R-APC: Why Buhari’s Associates Are Dumping Him – Junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by OnyeOgboni: 2:47pm On Oct 15, 2019
Igbo igbo igbo igbo igbo..!!..bros do u sleep at night at all or u see people wearing isiagu chasing u around? ?? lipsrsealed ?
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by mercyville: 2:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
GMbuharii:

I have known you for a long time on here,how you used to be buh I have also observed that you've also kinda turned a new leaf ( e ma so fun wa pe "hand don touch you" ) so I will not ignore you cos your bolded above.
When you say the yorubas fought for the emancipation of Nigeria,I wonder what you mean,cos I was taught in school and I read that the likes of Okotie-Eboh, Awolowo, Herbert Macaulay, Azikiwe, Anthony Enahoro, were the he pioneers freedom fighters of the country so how, where were you taught that only the yorubas fought for the emancipation of Nigeria?!?!?!?! And you wonder how the Igbos think!!!!!?

When you speak of the Igbos laying the foundation of betrayal,can you please throw more light on that?
When you talk about disintegration,are telling me it's only the Igbos that got that in mind? What about COSEG (coalition of Oodua self determination group) or maybe you have or pretend to have heard of that! We have our own Niger Delta groups as well,so quit thinking it's only the Igbos that are fed up with this Mallam infested land bondage.

This last two things are important..
1. Quit saying you yorubas only gain much when not in power cos what you are actually saying in essence is you wanna be second fiddle forever,you ain't a man.

2. Never accuse a man of pretending to come from were he is not just to suit your wrong imagination.
Only a Bastard will claim another man's tribe.

When you say you know I am Igbo, you are more or less calling me a Bastard so please never say it again.
I am a southerner and cannot pretend that all is well with this Mallam infested hole and not stand behind people that are looking these mallams in the eyes and telling them straight the real shyyyt they need to hear. Only the Igbos does that.

Well Well a great day.....

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku greenback

I have known you for a long time on here,how you used to be buh I have also observed that you've also kinda turned a new leaf ( e ma so fun wa pe "hand don touch you" ) so I will not ignore you cos your bolded above.

Yes,it is the same me.I have not changed.I respond hot when you bring it hot and otherwise when you bring it thus.

When you say the yorubas fought for the emancipation of Nigeria,I wonder what you mean,cos I was taught in school and I read that the likes of Okotie-Eboh, Awolowo, Herbert Macaulay, Azikiwe, Anthony Enahoro, were the he pioneers freedom fighters of the country so how, where were you taught that only the yorubas fought for the emancipation of Nigeria.

I was not talking about the independence era but post independence like...Ali must go....Nadeco etc.

When you speak of the Igbos laying the foundation of betrayal,can you please throw more light on that?

Igbos betrayals..

1.Azikiwe betrayed the South to give power to the North.

2.Igbos later backstabbed the North and South by killing their leaders.

3.Aguiyi Ironsi betrayed Nigeria by foisting Unitary System of govt on the populace with decree 34.

4.Igbos betrayed Nigeria by supporting Abacha through the 1millon people march.
The list goes on...

I am a southerner and cannot pretend that all is well with this Mallam infested hole and not stand behind people that are looking these mallams in the eyes and telling them straight the real shyyyt they need to hear. Only the Igbos does that.

Igbos have never looked mallams in the face before except when they think they are being shortchanged.They do not fight for Nigeria but themselves {The poor among them do this}They have always being stuck to the apron string of the mallams until recently.Ciao...

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by LegendHer0: 2:56pm On Oct 15, 2019
OnyeOgboni:
I agree with you in your last paragraph..but what steps gave you and your "leaders" taken in achieving this?...maybe u should check out the words docile and cowardly.

These are the kind of terminologies that people have been using that have brought us all to this situation. Continue to keep using the word if you think that will suit your aim.

In sociology, you have to give people a cause to polarize them towards an objective. Nnamdi Kanu was able to invoke the Igbo man innermind about seceding because Biafra was already a cause which their forebearers sacrificed so much for. The Yorubas also have to be presented with a lot of reasons for the majority to buy into the secession idea. It is not a matter of cowardice like you opined because people always react better when they have a cause to fight for. Just give us a little more time, the stance of Yorubas is already changing about one Nigeria, and a little strain in the coming years will fully strike the chord that is needed.
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by FortuneDeGreat(m): 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2019
LegendHer0:

I can't talk about the Yorubas as a stand alone entity without using a case about Nigeria to explain further. My write up may be lengthy but I will try to point out short history of this nation and the contribution of the Yorubas to its woes.

Around 1954, Awolowo AG contols the western region assembly and the lost the election to Azikwe in the Western region mainly due to the fact that Awolowo made it compulsory for grown up men of tax age to pay 10 shilling for his policy of free education and health. That made the NCNC famous coz people are reluctant to pay tax and Awo sent tax collectors against those men in the nooks and crannies of the western region. The reason he took that step was because he had envisioned that after many years of free education, the government budget will not be able to sustain it so he needed a buffer before the western region become short of funds coz the cocoa price was fluctuating in the world market then. NCNC campaigned against tax and they emerged as winner.

Awolowo had to play some games on the psyche of the people of the Western Region then in order to depose the NCNC from their newly found success by evoking tribal sentiment and notifying them that Zik will rule two region if he was allowed to form a government (Awo was wrong here for evoking the sentiment). This is the point where Zik started hating Awo more and he would treat Awo f*ckup later by aligning with the North.

After several Months, Awolowo started his free education and healthcare policy, coupled with the workers welfare policy. He raised minimum wage from 1.9 shillings to 5 shillings even when the world bank advised against it. Then the Daily times newspaper was able to sell 600,000 unit of newspaper daily because workers have spending power to be able to buy them, even people that cannot read will buy and people will read it to them at home.

Before 1963, Azikwe and Balewa already formed a government together to the surprise of sane minds. Azikwe reason was that the East and West were almost at par in intellect and prosperity, if he formed a govenment with the west, there will be constant fight and one of them will not be able to control the other (He also saw it as a chance to repay Awo for what he did earlier in the west). Also, the british were wary of Awolowo becoming Nigeria's leader because his free education policy implies Nigeria might become a nation of intellectuals at such a young age who might start to question British atrocities in Nigeria and they tilted power in the North and Zik formed an alliance.

After the british left, their position needs to be filled up, ZIk cornered most of the government positions for the Igbos, most government parastatals were headed by Igbos and the North could not play a catch up because they are not educated to fill up those positions. You would ask where is the western region in all this (During those period, it is a game of winner takes all).

But Azikwe was not counting on something when they were taking the jobs, the Northerners they thought were illiterate and silly made sure they cornered all the railway extensions in Nigeria, all the military installations, Kainji dam for electricity, and the iron and steel industry which was initially proposed to be sited in the East near Onitsha. The reason the North did this was that they had envisioned a breakup in the chain in the future and they are preparing for that. Remember some years back, the North tried to secede from Nigeria but Azikwe had to convince them to stay.

It was in 1964 when it dawned on Azikwe that the North was not that stupid and unthinking as he thought. It was that point that Azikwe first talked about secession of the Igbos from Nigeria because he knew Balewa had rigged the 1964 parliamentary election and Zik refused to form the government. That was the genesis of the fallout of the Igbos and the northerners. The Igbos repayed the north for their betrayal by carrying out a coup later which saw to the end of Balewa with his gangs. (Remember Awolowo was in prison most of these times on trump up charges of treason).

Where I blame the Yoruba is this, when Biafra was declared, we shouldn't have fought in that war, we should have remained neutral completely or supported the Igbos. If we had supported the Igbos in that Biafran war, the new country would have been better for it now, that was one of the contribution of the Yorubas to the woes of Nigeria.

After the war, the Igbos would later form an alliance with the same North (Shagari/ Ekwueme, Tofa/ Christopher Ugoh) forgetting the attrocities committed by the North against them in the first republic and that was also part of their contribution to this nation woes. Can you clearly see that the bad blood between the East and the West is deeper than we think?

Again in 2015, the Yorubas shouldn't have voted for Buhari in our short sightedness of his past at the detriment of the South. We might have seen it as a repay of where we thought we have been wronged BUT that decision cost Nigeria a lot and we are all still engrossed by Buhari's inefficiency. (Yoruba contributed to the woes here)

The way forward is for the Igbos and Yoruba leaders to stretch hand of friendship and build a common alliance devoid of past histories of atrocities by both tribe and rally around an Igbo man for president OR both come together to make the breakup of this nation a reality.

With this, even with some patches of analytical imperfections, I can unequivocally state here and now that you're a good fellow.

Keep it up, one day, we will all get to our desired destination. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by franklyfrank: 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2019
Commentor:

They lost their turn in 2015.

As soon as Nnamdi Kanu was elevated to the position of spokesperson cum spiritual leader for the Igbos, that was the end of their presidential ticket.

Whilst others waited with bated breathes for a reprimand of Nnamdi Kanu and the Ipob movement by the educated and sane, the true shock that befell other tribes was the tacit and overt support he seemed to garner.

Honestly, 2023 should have been for the Igbos but they lost it due to their utterances and I'm no prophet but I can say for sure they would not be making president in 2023.
you have conveniently forgotten that ipob was proscribed by igbo governors based upon which your government labelled them terrorists. meanwhile herdsmen have not been proscribed but you feel their people should be president. isn't this wicked?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by KosiGee(m): 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2019
newbornmacho:
[s]One illiterate doesn't define the whole, but if that one illiterate continues to pass feces with his mouth, without being cautioned , we need to remind him of the chemical make up of his pathetic self.[/s]
[s]
While the useless shameless doctor of cows continues to violently convulse at night seeing igbo Giants in his nightmares[/s], the good Lord continues to reveal the problems of Nigeria.

1. Overpopulation..Junaid and his brothes
2. Drug abuse...Junaid and his brothers
3. Illegal gold mining and stealing of public revenue... Junaid and his brothers
4.illiteracy and kaduna religious house of torture...Junaid and his brothers
5. Parasitism on other people's oil... Junaid and his brothers
6. Boko Haram...Junaid and his brothers
7. Terrorist herdsmen...Junaid and his brothers
8.vvf...junaid and his brothers
9. Maina gate... Junaid and his brothers
10. Aliens voting in Kano election... Junaid and his brothers
11. Chief justice that drives aeroplane...Junaid and his brothers
12. Girl child illiteracy...Junaid and his brothers

Junaid hails from a region that has held power forever but is the worst in indices of human living, what is his solution for that? ...igbo bashing.

Meanwhile the igbos have the least level of poverty, have the highest School enrollment and enjoy a higher quality of life.
[s]
I think apart from the igbo girl who snubbed the idiot, [/s] he is very angry that the igbos he wishes evil, are everywhere including his father's compound doing things he and his illiterate folk cannot.

Such is life Junaid, God decided who to bless, not you. And for now he has chosen to bless the igbos. Deal with it or visit the nearest lagoon.

Cc lzaa, immhotep, bastardmod, gmbuharii

I think Junaid Mohammed is mentally unstable and immature but the above isn’t necessary. The underlined is childish.
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by LegendHer0: 3:23pm On Oct 15, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
With this, even with some patches of analytical imperfections, I can unequivocally state here and now that you're a good fellow.

Keep it up, one day, we will all get to our desired destination. Shalom!

We will all reach our desired destination. Gracias.

Do you by chance read the speech by Senator Abaribe?
https://www.nairaland.com/5462785/senator-abaribe-speech-ndi-igbo
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by durangokid: 3:32pm On Oct 15, 2019
LegendHer0:

You got it wrong, the animosity between the North and the Igbos is borne out of the fact that both of you guys have the-same ideological mindset which is a game of the “winner takes all” and what can be termed the “Napoleon Complex“.

Both the Igbos and the Northerners have an attitude of I don’t care whose ox is gored, you both don’t care about the other man’s feeling and you both reason like the weak meant nothing but an object to trample on.

Like I’ve always said, if the Igbos had thesame power as the north, they will do the same thing the North is doing to Nigeria. Winner take all syndrome is a symptoms of both tribe.

I can argue that the architect of Nigeria’s misery is not only the north but the Igbos inclusive. Nigeria creation by its forebearers is a creation that has been structured not to stand the test of time. The Igbo forebearers colluded with the devil (North) thinking the latter will be eternally stupid but the North learnt every act of absolute power from the Igbos and they are able to utilize that power more because of their population advantage!

The North hold on power isn’t because they are the only devil, it’s just that they are the most opportuned devil in this entity called Nigeria. If Ironsi have been left to consolidate power during those dark ages, the Igbos might have been the image of the North in this present Nigeria.

Note: I did not bring the issue of economic prosperity, education, religion into this context!
. Your hatred on Igbos is making you delusional, you series of unfortunate write ups I'd an affirmation to this, you are nothing but a sick mind
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by LegendHer0: 3:33pm On Oct 15, 2019
durangokid:
. Your hatred on Igbos is making you delusional, you series of unfortunate write ups I'd an affirmation to this, you are nothing but a sick mind

Alright got you!
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by FortuneDeGreat(m): 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2019
LegendHer0:

We will all reach our desired destination. Gracias.

Do you by chance read the speech by Senator Abaribe?
https://www.nairaland.com/5462785/senator-abaribe-speech-ndi-igbo
Oh, thanks, let me go through it, thanks for the link.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by GMbuharii: 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
LegendHer0:

Well the Igbo gotta produce the president just like I opined in my earlier replies. Mr. GMBuharii you gotta blink first and identify your enemies and friend.

Left to me, I don’t have any issue with an Igbo man being president coz it’s their right but I just like it when people can give a clear path to take to make that a fruition.

You guys should be laying out a course for the Igbo to take, I can see that the SE governors are meeting Buhari soon, which to me is a step in a good direction. Your problem is that the ego won’t allow you to compromise, you have to do like a sheep sometimes and not come out everytime like a lion.

For an Igbo presidency, judging at the current political environment of Nigeria, who (candidate) and which party do you think the Igbos will stand a chance even if the Yorubas step down for you guys?

Well,good advice, but I wonder why you guys never spoke about ego when the north were dishing out threats if Nigerians didn't hand over power to them, remember the us even made predictions of disintegration.
The Igbos have not been in power for decades and you guys are literally they should.......oh well.

As regards political party,even if APC zones the presidency to the south east, which they will never do, buhari will never work for or hand over to an Igbo person,let's not decieve ourselves.
Let me tell you,the north is a huge problem to us south,they will never support restructuring and true Federalism,what do think they will do if an Igbo president decides to totally restructure the country,get rid of lopsidedness, decongestant Lagos overcrowded ports,opens up se and SS ports (right moves actually),do you think the retrogressive north wants all these?

To tell you the truth,the Igbo man doesn't really want this bloody bushyyyyt thing called presidency,you yorubas shouldn't be also,we all should be interested in making this country work and putting away the people (north) who doesn't want this country to work cos of their laziness and selfish wicked interests.
Let's practice true Federalism, resources control, restructuring and if you like,you can be president for life...

And please note,I am a proud son of the Edo soil. This AM NOT IGBO
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by LegendHer0: 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2019
GMbuharii:

Well,good advice, but I wonder why you guys never spoke about ego when the north were dishing out threats if Nigerians didn't hand over power to them, remember the us even made predictions of disintegration.
The Igbos have not been in power for decades and you guys are literally they should.......oh well.

As regards political party,even if APC zones the presidency to the south east, which they will never do, buhari will never work for or hand over to an Igbo person,let's not decieve ourselves.
Let me tell you,the north is a huge problem to us south,they will never support restructuring and true Federalism,what do think they will do if an Igbo president decides to totally restructure the country,get rid of lopsidedness, decongestant Lagos overcrowded ports,opens up se and SS ports (right moves actually),do you think the retrogressive north wants all these?

To tell you the truth,the Igbo man doesn't really want this bloody bushyyyyt thing called presidency,you yorubas shouldn't be also,we all should be interested in making this country work and putting away the people (north) who doesn't want this country to work cos of their laziness and selfish wicked interests.
Let's practice true Federalism, resources control, restructuring and if you like,you can be president for life...

And please note,I am a proud son of the Edo soil. This AM NOT IGBO

Well you have a point and you’re right. It’s just that the elites of both Igbo and Yoruba have been holding the majority of the population to ransom.

You would recall that the call for restructuring was mainly echoes by the SW Caucus since 1999 only for the SW to change it’s stance after forming a government with the north. The Igbos elite also before 2015 were not much of a restructuring crusaders because they were part and parcel of the PDP government. Note: keyword is restructuring and not secession.

Now is the time for the south to come together and rally around a common cause. Let us all try to shun the evils of blame game and try to forge something ahead. If we are to be right thinking intellectuals like we claimed in the south, we should have known by now that the south is the problem of the south.

If we keep maintaining the same ego fight our forebearers (Igbo, Yoruba, Southern minorities) dragged themselves into then our unborn children will also start from where we stop (Blame eachother about situations that happened several decades ago).

Naija matter don already tire me, I don’t even want restructuring again self rather than a breakup. Are other Yorubas like me (No), but we are gradually waking up to the realities.
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by Lot13(m): 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
LegendHer0:

You got it wrong, the animosity between the North and the Igbos is borne out of the fact that both of you guys have the-same ideological mindset which is a game of the “winner takes all” and what can be termed the “Napoleon Complex“.

Both the Igbos and the Northerners have an attitude of I don’t care whose ox is gored, you both don’t care about the other man’s feeling and you both reason like the weak meant nothing but an object to trample on.

Like I’ve always said, if the Igbos had thesame power as the north, they will do the same thing the North is doing to Nigeria. Winner take all syndrome is a symptoms of both tribe.

I can argue that the architect of Nigeria’s misery is not only the north but the Igbos inclusive. Nigeria creation by its forebearers is a creation that has been structured not to stand the test of time. The Igbo forebearers colluded with the devil (North) thinking the latter will be eternally stupid but the North learnt every act of absolute power from the Igbos and they are able to utilize that power more because of their population advantage!

The North hold on power isn’t because they are the only devil, it’s just that they are the most opportuned devil in this entity called Nigeria. If Ironsi have been left to consolidate power during those dark ages, the Igbos might have been the image of the North in this present Nigeria.

Note: I did not bring the issue of economic prosperity, education, religion into this context!
Brilliant!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by surgical: 4:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
franklyfrank:
why don't you allow them to go since you hate them so much?
How is this hate
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by rex444(m): 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2019
LegendHer0:
I like your write up OP, and you’re simply defending your tribe and replying the hate being dished out by the un-noble statesman Junaid.

While you may be furious, let me remind you that all junaid have been doing is just a reciprocal of what the Igbos have been doing to the North.

Go online, you keep calling the whole north Cow, Terrorists, savages, backward people, hateful names, Alamjiri, etc.

In all honesty do you feel the north won’t also have the same magnitude of hate you had for them? Why are you pained when one of them dished out what you’ve been dishing out and making it seems like it’s against the norm.

Where are you OP, when Nnamdi Kanu keep calling the whole north cows? Where are the Ohaneze and your elders ? Did they caution him or did you caution him?

I chatted with a Northerner once on Facebook and that was the first one I will ever chat with. She is a student of ABU, I introduced myself and told her I’m Yoruba, she was afraid to mention her tribe when I asked her.

Her actual statement was that “Will you hate me if I tell you I’m Fulani”?

That statement melted my heart, coz she told me we constantly abuse them everytime online especially during those Fulani herdsmen atrocities.

What do you think she will feel for the southerner, love or hatred with the constant abuse? Have you forgotten there are engineers, lawyers, soldiers, entrepreneurs, etc that are from the north too?

I don’t care about you or Junaid. I’m just tryna tell you that all of us are guilty of the same offense.
actually read your write up but what I have keen interest in replying to, is , will you just hate someone because of his or her tribe without knowing that person? it's not entirely directed to you, it's directed to us all as Nigerians it's high time we wake up from the hatred our dejected elders have made us grow for one another
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by rex444(m): 5:12pm On Oct 15, 2019
wow I couldn't really read all the comments but I sure hope we still have few reasonable ones who still believe in Nigeria.... I actually believe if we put collective efforts as youths and humans of one nation with one voice we will make a difference..... this whole Igbo ,Yoruba, Hausa thing should be thrown in d deep ocean .... I do have interesting Hausa friends boys n girls , I am living with a Yoruba man in ekiti and it's been very interesting all along
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by LegendHer0: 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
rex444:
actually read your write up but what I have keen interest in replying to, is , will you just hate someone because of his or her tribe without knowing that person? it's not entirely directed to you, it's directed to us all as Nigerians it's high time we wake up from the hatred our dejected elders have made us grow for one another

Tbh, I’m also guilty of the hate, most times in response to the banters by other people and most times started by me.

I think it’s high time we the younger generation break from the shackles of the past. I know the politicians are fueling the ember of hate at the top and that trickles down to us the citizens.

Especially the southern folks, we need to start thinking right and stop swallowing our egos to forge a common alliance. A Nigeria with a divided south will NEVER make progress. As a Yoruba guy, I know we also have to bear some of the blames but I want the other folks in the south to eschew all blame game at this moment so we can all emerge and make this nation work.
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by rex444(m): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2019
LegendHer0:

Tbh, I’m also guilty of the hate, most times in response to the banters by other people and most times started by me.

I think it’s high time we the younger generation break from the shackles of the past. I know the politicians are fueling the ember of hate at the top and that trickles down to us the citizens.

Especially the southern folks, we need to start thinking right and stop swallowing our egos to forge a common alliance. A Nigeria with a divided south will NEVER make progress. As a Yoruba guy, I know we also have to bear some of the blames but I want the other folks in the south to eschew all blame game at this moment so we can all emerge and make this nation work.
that's the key word, making the nation work!!!!! yes it's already a messed up system but my boss who is one very decent Yoruba guy av seen will always say, if you can't beat them, stay on your own one day they will always find something positive to talk about you.... it only takes few voices to start a campaign of unity amongst youths of this great country and little by little we will get there ....keep up that reasonable mentality of a great Nigerian youth

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by mercyville: 6:00pm On Oct 15, 2019
Bede2u:
so when Igbos voted obj in 2003...yaradua in 2007 and GEJ in 2011 what were they doing? Destroying bridges or enthroning only Igbos to power?
You are blinded by hate for people you should love. The thing you accuse the Igbos is actually what the north is guilty of.
Since 2003 till now, the core north has ALWAYS voted Buhari. Why do you love them and hate Igbos? What did Igbos do to you.

You guys termed GEJ presidency an Igbo presidency and hated us for it. The highest position an igboman held in GEJ presidency was SGF and deputy senate President.

You hate people you should not. That's emotional

Igbos have always voted for PDP.They voted for PDP not Obasanjo.They even voted for PDP leaving out their greatest hero Ojukwu when he was on the ballot.Pls,expantiate on why you said Yorubas hate you.Yorubas should be the ones saying that Igbos hate them but they do not usually complain.They just work towards their goals.We should stop all these you hate us,we hate you stuff,The world itself is an entity where ..survival of the fittest..rules.Nobody will give you anything if you are weak and without respect for your fellow humans..

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by Bede2u(m): 6:25pm On Oct 15, 2019
mercyville:

Igbos have always voted for PDP.They voted for PDP not Obasanjo.They even voted for PDP leaving out their greatest hero Ojukwu when he was on the ballot.Pls,expantiate on why you said Yorubas hate you.Yorubas should be the ones saying that Igbos hate them but they do not usually complain.They just work towards their goals.We should stop all these you hate us,we hate you stuff,The world itself is an entity where ..survival of the fittest..rules.Nobody will give you anything if you are weak and without respect for your fellow humans..
your argument is weak and full of holes.
The dude I quoted said we don't build bridges. Haven't we built it by voting every ethnic group in Nigeria and as you said 'leaving out our greatest hero ojukwu'

Why do I say yorubas hate us? Are you kidding me? This below was in 2012 when most Igbos were not politically aware

Your people became pro GEJ in that thread because he was killing igbos

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by GMbuharii: 6:28pm On Oct 15, 2019
LegendHer0:

Well you have a point and you’re right. It’s just that the elites of both Igbo and Yoruba have been holding the majority of the population to ransom.

You would recall that the call for restructuring was mainly echoes by the SW Caucus since 1999 only for the SW to change it’s stance after forming a government with the north. The Igbos elite also before 2015 were not much of a restructuring crusaders because they were part and parcel of the PDP government. Note: keyword is restructuring and not secession.

Now is the time for the south to come together and rally around a common cause. Let us all try to shun the evils of blame game and try to forge something ahead. If we are to be right thinking intellectuals like we claimed in the south, we should have known by now that the south is the problem of the south.

If we keep maintaining the same ego fight our forebearers (Igbo, Yoruba, Southern minorities) dragged themselves into then our unborn children will also start from where we stop (Blame eachother about situations that happened several decades ago).

Naija matter don already tire me, I don’t even want restructuring again self rather than a breakup. Are other Yorubas like me (No) , but we are gradually waking up to the realities.

Ahhhhh iro ni,o..@the bolded. Ee ti gbo nipa COSEG ( COALITION OF OODUA SELF EMANCIPATION GROUP)?
That group is made up of many sw self determination groups.
They have my support just like ipob and ogele of the Niger Delta.

Oloun a gba Adura wa o...

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by mercyville: 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2019
[quote author=Bede2u post=83166181] your argument is weak and full of holes.
The dude I quoted said we don't build bridges. Haven't we built it by voting every ethnic group in Nigeria and as you said 'leaving out our greatest hero ojukwu'

Why do I say yorubas hate us? Are you kidding me? This below was in 2012 when most Igbos were not politically aware

Your people became pro GEJ in that thread because he was killing igbos[/quote

Voting for PDP is not building bridges while you call those tribes bad names.If a mumu
or goat is put up for PDP,you Igbos will vote for him or it.It behoves on PDP to compensate your people with presidency but will they?
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by Southsoul: 9:54pm On Oct 15, 2019
LegendHer0:
I like your write up OP, and you’re simply defending your tribe and replying the hate being dished out by the un-noble statesman Junaid.

While you may be furious, let me remind you that all junaid have been doing is just a reciprocal of what the Igbos have been doing to the North.

Go online, you keep calling the whole north Cow, Terrorists, savages, backward people, hateful names, Alamjiri, etc.

In all honesty do you feel the north won’t also have the same magnitude of hate you had for them? Why are you pained when one of them dished out what you’ve been dishing out and making it seems like it’s against the norm.

Where are you OP, when Nnamdi Kanu keep calling the whole north cows? Where are the Ohaneze and your elders ? Did they caution him or did you caution him?

I chatted with a Northerner once on Facebook and that was the first one I will ever chat with. She is a student of ABU, I introduced myself and told her I’m Yoruba, she was afraid to mention her tribe when I asked her.

Her actual statement was that “Will you hate me if I tell you I’m Fulani”?

That statement melted my heart, coz she told me we constantly abuse them everytime online especially during those Fulani herdsmen atrocities.

What do you think she will feel for the southerner, love or hatred with the constant abuse? Have you forgotten there are engineers, lawyers, soldiers, entrepreneurs, etc that are from the north too?

I don’t care about you or Junaid. I’m just tryna tell you that all of us are guilty of the same offense.

The likes of junaid shouldn't be insulting the Igbo that are economically independent...
Unlike the parasitic & pestilence generation of Ruga Region.
They know they can't survive without lootocary from national treasury...they can't survive without nepotism... They can't survive without our oil...They can't survive without threatening the whole nation...they can't survive without deceiving to keep power...they are in pitiful state yet they won't agree or accept...they are claiming smart.
Let north sacrifice all the horses,cows,Carmel & almajiri that they can find in their region....Biafra will come to be one day...because the more you try to deny them their right,suppress them & manipulate them,the more they become stronger...
North can act like Pharaoh now...later,they will wake up from their slumber...

They call me southsoul...
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by PeaceNexus(m): 10:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
What I have always wished for Igbos is not Nigeria presidency, it is a geographic area to call their own....a place where they will make their own laws and govern themselves, a place where there will be no royal families or blue blood...where, as enshrined in their DNA, all men are equal and as such have equal opportunity to either take on the world in intelligence or perish the way of a mediocre.
Igbos are created with an insatiable spirit, always lunging to fulfill a dream and dream more. They are designed for the impossible. A people endowed with the most sophisticated and advanced mental power.

Mind you, every other tribe is endowed but where you show serious sign of superiority, people are bound to misunderstand you... Some will term you over zealous, insatiable, greedy, just name it.

In all, we all will be better off as individual federating units ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by Bede2u(m): 3:45am On Oct 16, 2019
mercyville:
oting for PDP is not building bridges while you call those tribes bad names.If a mumu
or goat is put up for PDP,you Igbos will vote for him or it.It behoves on PDP to compensate your people with presidency but will they?
another mischievous argument. In the PDP, Igbos have voted Hausa, yoruba and ijaw but the core north has only voted Buhari since 2003 and somehow it is Igbos who don't build bridges?

Nigerians are barely literate sha so I understand how and why you would make stupid statements.

What about the 2012 hate from your people? You had to skip it right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by mercyville: 10:35am On Oct 16, 2019
Bede2u:
another mischievous argument. In the PDP, Igbos have voted Hausa, yoruba and ijaw but the core north has only voted Buhari since 2003 and somehow it is Igbos who don't build bridges?

Nigerians are barely literate sha so I understand how and why you would make stupid statements.

What about the 2012 hate from your people? You had to skip it right?

Did you even read what I posted initially?

If a Tiv,Junkun or a monkey is put up by PDP,Igbos will always vote PDP.Obasanjo(PDP) and Falae were both Yorubamen.Why did you not vote for Falae if you had wanted to build bridges or whatever?
Everybody knew Obasanjo was propped up by the oligarchy but you still went ahead to vote him.You have never been in opposition before but Yorubas have been in opposition since time immemorial but since 2015 when they got to the centre,you have called them all sorts of names like Hausa Fulani asslickers,slaves,betrayers etc.All these names that fit you more than the Yorubas,the Yorubas did not call you since you have been ruling with the North...unfortunately they had always given you the very minute crumbs.You have helped in solidifying PDP but you have been treated like a smelling rag.You have not gotten the balls to ask to be the presidential candidate of PDP in 2015..2019...but you are fighting and pushing for a Northerner in 2023...are you really slaves?
Is there something wrong that will not
make you aspire to rule through a party you helped to form and solidify even against your hero?
As for the newly formed APC...this is a party you hate so feverishly and you will like to die a sudden death but you are asking them to field an Igboman.The questions are...

Are you not voting PDP again?

Do you want APC to go into opposition?

Do you want Yorubas to go back into opposition so quickly?...it will not be hard for the Yorubas because they have mastered and perfected being in that situation even during Obasanjo..

Are you going to vote for APC if they field an Igboman?

Will you not be vindictive?....This here is a gigantic question,if I may say..

About the hate..
A monicker cannot be Yoruba people.That monicker can be Yoruba,Hausa,Igbo,Ijaw,Fulani or anybody who wants enmity between the 2 people.
This is a faceless forum.
If you said Oba Akiolu,the USA doctor and grandson...Oba Akiolu was fighting for his domain but in a way a lot of us detested...the Doctor and Grandson were still fighting against the desecration of the Oba by a lot of Igbo folks who took him to the cleaners.A Yoruba folk is even giving Grandson a hell of a time because of what he is doing.The generality of Yorubas do not hate Igbos because we were brought up not to hate people.Have you ever wondered why we do not always attack the Hausas...they are a humble people ...the masses...unlike you Igbos.Yorubas too have their faults.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by ebusmus: 12:42pm On Oct 16, 2019
We the southerners always have the mindset of blaming the north and thinking their hold on power led us to this situation. While we may be right in some cases, haven’t you thought about the fact that since 1999, southerners have been president for over 13-14years and yet Nigeria has not yet turned into an eldorado as we have always claimed?

Intelligence is not the only criteria to rule a nation like Nigeria, that is the fact that you should always hold dear to your heart henceforth!
[/quote]absolutely your're right about that,this country can never move forward with this consumption formula we practice,the constitution is the bigger evil,how can we industralize when the whole country is connected to a single national grid?,how can we get rid of illiteracy wen there's no stipulated education fund available?,how can We develop when we run a gigantic bureaucritic legislature that we spend a great percentage of our common wealth to maintain...the constitution is absolute "criminality" and the real enemy...
Re: Mohammed Junaid, The Problem Of Nigeria Are Your Brothers And You, Not Igbos by winningwinner(m): 9:07am On Dec 01, 2020
oyin44:
The truth is bitter abi...denounce biafra that is the only way..so that SE won't be kept in isolation.To be quite honest, l cannot vote an ibo's man as president.It is better for us to save the nation from impending doom.SW is better of.

You thought you have made sense, abi? Why can't you deny your existence so that people will take you serious... Whether you choose to vote an Igbo Presidency or not, Igbos will continue to control you even in your village!

You better free yourself and align with the Igbo agenda for good governance, or you are doomed forever!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of People Waiting At The Stadium For The Inauguration Of Sen. Uzodinma / Nnamdi Kanu Challenges Jubril Al-sudani To Take A Glass Of Water / LP Win Big In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.