Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,475 members, 7,850,639 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:37 AM

Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets (37312 Views)

Bandits Now Rule My Constituency – Sokoto Lawmaker / 'Border Closure Exposes Nigeria's Deficiency In Local Rice Production' / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by 9jahotblog: 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2019
hollowpot15684:

Oga chew your rice before you swallow.
is it not when I chew it that I know that there are stones in it. Alot of people have confirmed it too.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by 9jahotblog: 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2019
[quote author=lakesider post=83154807][/quote] this is not the first time Nigerians have been eating stoned rice now.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by 9jahotblog: 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2019
kinguwem:
Wrong notion. Appendicitis is not caused by stones in rice but commonly by fecoliths, helminths & infections.
really, I disagree with you here.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by 9jahotblog: 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2019
Area4Area:
Can you please tell us the brand of local rice you bought and is filled with stones, let Nigerians all over the country examine your case
I don't know the brand, I only buy congos, alot of nairalanders has testified to the stoned rice too on this platform. The farmers aren't done yet in processing before let it out for sales.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by Area4Area: 12:18pm On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
is it not when I chew it that I know that there are stones in it. Alot of people have confirmed it too.
You've still not told us the brand of local rice that you bought
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by 9jahotblog: 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
GreenArrow1:

Then those nairaland person like yourself are not well informed about the different varieties of Nigerian rice available in the market. Anybody who falsely accuses our local stone-free rice brands milled by foreign and Nigerian major rice producers who have setup their highly modernized and mechanized rice processing factories in various parts of the country of poor standards is just a bare-faced liar or an ignorant loon.
ALL the brands mentioned in this article DO NOT contain stones. Period!
I have heard you here, alot of stones in the rice. You will have to washed it thoroughly before you reduced the stones from the water.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by Area4Area: 12:25pm On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
I don't know the brand, I only buy congos, alot of nairalanders has testified to the stoned rice too on this platform. The farmers aren't done yet in processing before let it out for sales.
Go on lying, most Nigerians here have testified that they eat stone free local rice, it seems you go to the market and buy cheap un-miled local rice and complaining. Even those sellers will always tell you the ones with stones that hasn't been milled and those that are stone free and already milled.
Just say your pocket determines your choice and stop sounding as if no stone free local rice in the market s.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2019
Prince081:
This is a great move. Short term pain, but medium to long term gains. Local economy and currency will be better off.
Same happened to the cement sector during OBJ and this gave birth to giants like Dangote and Lafarge cement. They meet every local demand.
how much is dangote cement now
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by GreenArrow1(m): 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
I have heard you here, alot of stones in the rice. You will have to washed it thoroughly before you reduced the stones from the water.

Well now you just sound incredibly dumb. Waste of time trying to engage with you actually. Carry on.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by EduTechTainMent: 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
Even the so called Nigeria rice are all full of Stones. They never improve on their production yield but can enforced total shut down on our land borders. The rate of appendicitis symptoms will increased tremendously in our various hospitals for this stones and tares in the rice. Very bad .

Your submission is nothing short of fallacy. You need to read up and ask questions from those who know more than you do b4 writing fallacies and showcasing your ignorance for the entire ẹ-populace to see.

Peace out
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by TemmyT002(m): 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2019
Nice development
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by EduTechTainMent: 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2019
GreenArrow1:

Well now you just sound incredibly dumb. Waste of time trying to engage with you actually. Carry on.

The matter weak me o. The worse that can happen to a man is not knowing, not asking, not making an effort to know and yet being arrogantly insistent on being right in his wrong.

To Imagine he may even own a blog (going by his moniker) grin grin

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by GreenArrow1(m): 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
EduTechTainMent:

The matter weak me o. The worse that can happen to a man is not knowing, not asking, not making an effort to know and yet being arrogantly insistent on being right in his wrong.

To Imagine he may even own a blog (going by his moniker) grin grin

It's the blog on his handle that made me to even waste my time in the first place. Just realized now that he's a simple internet troll who probably can't even afford the very rice he's clamouring for. No wonder he's talking about stones.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by ManirBK: 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2019
mistacoco2:
Immediately the boarder was closed, our greedy farmers increase the prices of local rice almost double of initial price. imagine a mudu of local rice is #600 in Niger state
A mudu of local rice is N330 in kebbi they only add N30 due to new minimum wage paid in the state but not due to boarder closure

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by bukolafakeye(m): 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2019
When I saw the word "varieties" I thought there'd be pictures, but alas! The story is Grey.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by rotimage(m): 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2019
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by mistacoco2: 1:33pm On Oct 15, 2019
ManirBK:
A mudu of local rice is N330 in kebbi they only add N30 due to new minimum wage paid in the state but not due to boarder closure
bro am sure of what am saying..Niger state to be precise
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by genesisJ: 1:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
Even the so called Nigeria rice are all full of Stones. They never improve on their production yield but can enforced total shut down on our land borders. The rate of appendicitis symptoms will increased tremendously in our various hospitals for this stones and tares in the rice. Very bad .

maybe you never see miva rice in benue there are no stones at all, just try one bag and see
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by GreenArrow1(m): 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2019
bukolafakeye:
When I saw the word "varieties" I thought there'd be pictures, but alas! The story is Grey.

Don't worry, it's because you are not around. Whenever you come back to Nigeria, ask of Nigerian packaged rice and you'll be presented with various varieties to choose from. Here are some pictures to help you.

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by nlPoster: 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2019
Looks good but pictures of the raw rice should be featured.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by nlPoster: 1:59pm On Oct 15, 2019
For those offended by the idea of stony rice:

When you buy the bagged one instead of the open rice sold in the market, it's possible you might be getting a more carefully processed item. Besides, the bagged type would have the manufacturer's infomation on it, unlike the "piecemeal" one.

And yes, obviously the stone rice would be cheaper, but sometimes you dont know exactly what you're buying especially if you aren't familiar with the product.

Same way I was amazed when people said plastic rice was a thing at some point.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by Citytrend: 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
etrouble:
I think for the first time in the history of this Buhari's administration, everyone who has even just a little sense is in support of Buhari. Though Biafran Flattinos have sworn by the graves of Emeka Ojukwu and Chinua Achebe that they will never see anything good in Buhari, these same Flattinos are in support of this policy of border closure. What this implies is that Biafran Flattinos may not really hate Buhari, may it is his policies that they hate. But then, criticism is not the same as revolting, cursing and abusing our dear Buhari. Let's criticise government responsibly and work together to move Nigeria forward.

But, wait oooo, did I just type that shit up there?
the Rice producing communities in Igbo Land will even Benefit from it
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by InvertedHammer: 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2019
/
As expected.

The prices will gradually come down. The current price increase is a knee jerk reaction.

/
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by colestephan86: 2:10pm On Oct 15, 2019
opportunes:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/border-closure-local-rice-varieties-now-rule-markets.html
What the fg want to do is to make more revenue from the festive period, the local rice has been around for a while but being rebaged as foreign rice.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by Icecream4U(m): 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2019
How much is LAKERICE now? I think I will go for it.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by hollowpot15684(m): 3:00pm On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:

So what? Pls stop complaining about the local rice and appreciate it. And if you feel the stone could prone a huge problem to the health of Nigerians, then i beg you to go open a rice factory that produces zero stone locally produced rice.

Otherwise, mechionu. Abi is this the first time you are eating stone in any food?

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by chinedumoooo: 3:02pm On Oct 15, 2019
Wantedmiller:
To be sincere...... Is a nice idea locking down the land boarders.....

But in the real Sense, how will local man feed?

December is fast approaching..... A time everything increases, can a local man be able to afford a bag of rice?

This a very big opportunity for the people in the market.......even if they buy at a lower rate they will definitely increase the price.

Government should help regulate the price.......if at all this thing will work!
We can manage just for while
There is no time appropriate for this closure.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by hollowpot15684(m): 3:04pm On Oct 15, 2019
nairalandposter:

You cant chew stones nah?

What am I missing here?

Who says you can't?
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by nlPoster: 3:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
hollowpot15684:

So what? Pls stop complaining about the local rice and appreciate it. And if you feel the stone could prone a huge problem to the health of Nigerians, then i beg you to go open a rice factory that produces zero stone locally produced rice.

Otherwise, mechionu. Abi is this the first time you are eating stone in any food?

wrong answer, wrong answer, wrong answer, wrong answer!!!!!!!!!
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by nlPoster: 3:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
hollowpot15684:

Who says you can't?

Go ahead if you feel like it.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by maasoap(m): 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:

You and your stupid claim all over the threads

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by hollowpot15684(m): 4:06pm On Oct 15, 2019
nairalandposter:

wrong answer, wrong answer, wrong answer, wrong answer!!!!!!!!!

Yeah i know, as long as it's not your opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eleka Rejects Ekiti Election Results, Heads To Tribunal / Nigeria V South Africa: The Battle For African Supremacy - BBC / Security Agencies Infiltrate Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.