Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,906 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! (2873 Views)

UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners / Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners / Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by martinosi: 12:29pm On Nov 08, 2010
Nigerian Prisoners (727 inmates) in UK Jails to be sent Back 2 Nigeria!!!

It looks like the Policy is about to become official and not just
hear-say or speculation,

The UK govt was thinking of building prisons abroad to
house foriegn prisoners due to over-crowding, but now they are
going for "forced removal" to the prisoners home country
so that he/she shall finish their sentence back home (ie in a Naija Prison)

Nawaoooo ! Most of the 727 Prisoners from Naija in UK jails are doing
time for issues relating to Fraud, Immigration violations, mostly white collar, paper crime,

Do you think on transfer that the 9ja govt will just release them,

Lets see how this one goes as the EU are passing a law from December
that any EU country can forcefully transfer any foriegn prisoner
back to their country of Origin

Source - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1327586/Foreign-convicts-sent-home-stop-overseas-inmates-clogging-jails.html

Thousands of foreign convicts will be sent home: Cameron vows to stop overseas inmates clogging jails
By JAMES CHAPMAN
Last updated at 7:11 AM on 8th November 2010

Thousands of foreign prisoners are to be sent back to serve their sentences in their own countries.

David Cameron, who will spearhead the cost-cutting drive, plans to tear up agreements that mean convicts cannot be returned home without their consent.
As the number of foreign inmates in Britain’s jails approaches one in seven, the Prime Minister wants them sent back to serve prison terms in their countries of origin even if they insist they do not want to go, the Daily Mail has learned.

Read More from Link

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2010
Nawaoooo ! Most of the 727 Prisoners from Naija in UK jails are doing
time for issues relating to Fraud, Immigration violations, mostly white collar, paper crime,

Do you think on transfer that the 9ja govt will just release them,

It all depends on their settlement capabilities grin
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by slap1(m): 12:53pm On Nov 08, 2010
Um. . . . Where will they stay?
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by martinosi: 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2010
MrPrsdent:

It all depends on their settlement capabilities grin

Hmm you have a point there, i dont really believe that
the 9ja Govt will make them finish the sentence in Naija,

They may just "cut deals" a.k.a "settle" and just go about thier
business, although anybody that commits "Paper-Crime" will be barred
from entry to the UK after deportation, According to the EU Laws
being proposed,
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by martinosi: 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2010
slap1:

Um. . . . Where will they stay?
a

at the "rehabilitation camp with the Ex-militants" lol, just joking,

i have no clue, but as long as the UK govt does not give the 9ja Govt
any funds to take care of them, then if those deported prisoners can "settle"
the 9ja Govt will just release them, or give them probabtion to the end of the sentence,
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by ono(m): 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2010
I heard over the news that Long Term Unemployed people in the UK will now be forced to do ''30 hrs community service'' every week. Failure to do this will result to forfeiture of the normal monthly stipends to the unemployed.
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by invisible2(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2010
I know some of our forum members here who are sending contributions from foreign prisons will now rest. There is no computers at kirikiri, so folks like Buzugee, take note.
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by invisible2(m): 1:50pm On Nov 08, 2010
ono:

I heard over the news that Long Term Unemployed people in the UK will now be forced to do ''30 hrs community service'' every week. Failure to do this will result to forfeiture of the normal monthly stipends to the unemployed.
Serves them right, I wonder how somebody will leave his fathers arable lands unfarmed and go and spend time in foreign lands begging for govt stipends. Bundle them in a container and import them here ASAP.
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by DeLaRue: 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2010
yippeeee!!! great news!

hopefully, their names & photographs will be published in Nigerian newspapers to serve as a lesson to other crooks.

this could be a tangible first step towards reclaiming the good name of our country, which has been so badly sullied.

pop pop pop pop, pop pop champaigne! - to the folks abroad, this is a line in a song I heard in Nigeria few weeks ago. Seems apt.
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by invisible2(m): 1:59pm On Nov 08, 2010
We will first flog them a hundred lashes of koboko. I will be at MM airport to supervise the flogging! Bad children, spoiling our good names!
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by DeLaRue: 2:06pm On Nov 08, 2010
saying that, I expect some NLers to crawl out of the woodworks later to admonish us for supporting 'whiteys' who are deporting our 'brethrens.'

truth is, these crooks do not deserve anyone's support. They are thugs.
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by invisible2(m): 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2010
DeLaRue:

saying that, I expect some NLers to crawl out of the woodworks later to admonish us for supporting 'whiteys' who are deporting our 'brethrens.'

truth is, these crooks do not deserve anyone's support. They are thugs.

They will be here soon, giving one form of excuse or the other for committing evil, some will blame the govt, politcians and nairalanders for turning to crime. We dey see una.
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by ifyalways(f): 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2010
LMAO @ Inviscible!
But seriously,where wud they fit-in when they get back here?arent our prisons filled up already?
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by martinosi: 4:02pm On Nov 08, 2010
invisible!:

We will first flog them a hundred lashes of koboko. I will be at MM airport to supervise the flogging! Bad children, spoiling our good names!

ROFLMAO!!!,
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by hakanai(m): 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2010
Lets not forget so soon the bauchi,Anambra and other numerous successfull jail break in naija.Government should reject the offer if any,to transfer prisoners. undecided
Lastly if i was in a UK prison or some good prison out there,i will rather die than come to naija prison.As person free so, Government no care. na when dey jail you! grin wink
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by patrick89(m): 5:07pm On Nov 08, 2010
We have no space for them. Govt should apply the prerogative of mercy the moment they land.
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by oluwabamis(m): 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2010
they will meet high profile prisoners in our prisons, so let them come. I also think we should get to meet those Omo-Ale's (Bastards) who have been damaging our already bad image.
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by invisible2(m): 10:19pm On Nov 08, 2010
ifyalways:

LMAO @ Inviscible!
But seriously,where wud they fit-in when they get back here?arent our prisons filled up already?

We can convert some zoos and throw them there to stay in those empty cages meant for chimps that are long dead from hunger.
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by ono(m): 11:16pm On Nov 09, 2010
invisible!:

We can convert some zoos and throw them there to stay in those empty cages meant for chimps that are long dead from hunger.

Haha. . . .LOL!
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by Jomogbomo4: 11:41pm On Nov 09, 2010
This government should seriously plan on building bigger prisons, we'd need them in the near future!
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by invisible2(m): 11:50pm On Nov 09, 2010
haka_nai:

Lets not forget so soon the bauchi,Anambra and other numerous successfull jail break in naija.Government should reject the offer if any,to transfer prisoners. undecided
Lastly if i was in a UK prison or some good prison out there,i will rather die than come to naija prison.As person free so, Government no care. na when dey jail you! grin wink

Bros I dey suspect you o. Are your hands clean?
Re: Nigerian Prisoners (727 Inmates) In Uk Jails To Be Sent Back 2 Nigeria! by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:59pm On Nov 09, 2010
The inflow of this criminal bastards will increase the rate of crime in places like Aba and Lagos, anyway na dem dem, see you life,

(1) (Reply)

Obama or GEJ, Who Did It Better? :D *pic* / Wike, Patience Jonathan Loot, Paralyze Nddc:agency Can’t Pay Salaries / 7 Boko Haram Inmates Escape From Ekwuluobia Prison In Anambra( *picture*)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.