Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,445 members, 7,846,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:51 AM

"Should A Lady Pay For Lunch On A First Date"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Should A Lady Pay For Lunch On A First Date"? (492 Views)

Lunch On A Budget Of N200 / Guy Rejects Girl Who Rejected Him After First Date: She Over Reacts (pics) / Girl Gets Insulted Because She Refused To Visit A Guy On Their First Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Should A Lady Pay For Lunch On A First Date"? by SteveOfu: 1:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
I went for a meeting, actually it was an event with some top nollywood stars. While there, an argument ensued cos of a question that was asked by an actor I won't mention his name lipsrsealed, "should a lady pay for lunch on a first date"?

The normal Nigerian babe in me quietly said within "what is wrong with this guy? How can a star like him ask such a question, how much is lunch that you will allow a lady you asked out pay for"? But the Mary-jane that I know who have a different ideology and perception to life and it's happenings spoke out, "it's not a big deal! If she can, why not"!

Personally I see nothing wrong in a lady paying for lunch or dinner on a first date, it doesn't remove anything from you if you have the money. And in the same light, it doesn't reduce the man who you had lunch with.

The average Nigerian woman have this grabbing tendency, you want to grab and grab and grab! It's good but sometimes, you will be able to grab more when you learn to give also no matter how little. Relationship is not just an opportunity to to upgrade your financial status but also an opportunity to prove your worth to your partner.

Paying for lunch on a first day doesn't automatically make you a man or make the man less of a man / irresponsible but it simply proves you aren't a lecher looking for where to fill your lecherous tendencies. It is also a proof that you are a responsible individual.

Once in a while, take your man out, let him eat and you pay for it. But don't do this if buhari is still your president grin grin grin!

As for me, Buhari is still my president.

P:S - this doesn't mean you should take a woman out on a first date and expect her to pay for lunch. Oga pay, others are paying!
Re: "Should A Lady Pay For Lunch On A First Date"? by quietpoolsinn: 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2019
Splitting is allowed.
Re: "Should A Lady Pay For Lunch On A First Date"? by iRepNaija1: 2:04pm On Oct 16, 2019
If you, man or woman, asks the person out on a first date, you should pay. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: "Should A Lady Pay For Lunch On A First Date"? by pharrell8(m): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2019
shocked
Re: "Should A Lady Pay For Lunch On A First Date"? by Ekez(m): 3:35pm On Oct 16, 2019
Should a guy pay for lunch on the first date aswell. Una go come nairaland dey ask stupid question.

2 Likes

Re: "Should A Lady Pay For Lunch On A First Date"? by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
E be like say celebrities don dey open nairaland account, e mean more money to Seun pocket if them full here
Re: "Should A Lady Pay For Lunch On A First Date"? by ninetiethcrown7(m): 6:42pm On Oct 16, 2019
OP, first identify yourself because this your statement is highly conflicting and contradicting to the (f) badge you carry beside your moniker.
Re: "Should A Lady Pay For Lunch On A First Date"? by Fernandowski(m): 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2019
Met this girl 3 weeks ago

And yeah, she insisted on paying every dime

1 Like

Re: "Should A Lady Pay For Lunch On A First Date"? by Fernandowski(m): 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2019

Re: "Should A Lady Pay For Lunch On A First Date"? by Obodo999(m): 7:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
Yes, there is nothing in the Law or in the Bible which says a woman should not pay for a man.
Re: "Should A Lady Pay For Lunch On A First Date"? by SteveOfu: 7:41am On Oct 17, 2019
wink
Fernandowski:

(1) (Reply)

Rude Boy Celebrates Wife With Sweet Words On Her 31st Birthday / Broke Guy Gets Turned Down By A Lady He Proposed To / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.