Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) (3653 Views)

2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola / Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 / Wura Abiola Reacts To Buhari’s Posthumous Award On Her Late Father, MKO Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Donald95(m): 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
This Thread is not to castigate any tribe but to set set record straight as many are ignorant on how Abiola actually died and who was involved. How top Yoruba people encouraged him behind the scene and outside because of his wealth but turned against him and betrayed him as usual when the going became tough

Abiola statement that caused his arrest " "I did not vote for myself. Ndị Igbo And other sane Nigerians like them voted for me. I have already won the presidential election. You cannot re-sit for an exam you have already passed."

First let's acknowledge the Fulani Head of State

IBRAHIM BABANGIDA

Was the head of the military government from 1985 to1993. History will remember him as the prime architect of the June 12 debacle. He came up with the two parties, Social Democratic Party(SDP) and the National Republic Convection(NRC). One, a little to the left and the other a little to the right---on these platforms MKO Abiola and Basiru Tofa respectively contested.

The gap-toothed leader annulled the June 12 election on June 21, 1993, when it was clear that the winner was the late MKO Abiola and ordered a fresh election.

ERNEST SHONEKAN

After the Annulment, Yoruba jobless/homeless touts started jumping around and claiming to be aggrieved instead of strategyzing on what next to do. This made IBB to install a puppet Shonekan as head of an illegitimate contraption called Interim National Government to deceive them just as Tafawa Belewa installed Dr Moses Adekoyejo Majekodunmi to deceive SW, in the wake of the political crisis known as operation Weti that rocked the Western region during his declaration of state of emergency( the first in the history of Nigeria) in the region as their leader (Awolowo) was relaxing with watery beans in prison

betrayal

According to professor Omo Omoruyi, he ( Shonekan) gave the assurance and undertaking to Babangida that under no circumstance would he reopen the June 12 matter. Second, was that he would do everything to divide the Yoruba on the matter of June 12."

He was later booted out of office by Abacha as he had become useless in the hands of the Fulani

http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/10/june-12-special-12-judases-june-12-who-betrayed-mko-abiola-hope-93

Don't forget to visit my other history classes and expand your knowledge TAO11 mercyville GidiWoodsMan StaffofOrayan Cosbyrich Officialgarri helinues

Unbiased history
https://www.nairaland.com/5270221/history-true-cause-civil-war

This is what killed Awolowo not the lies you where told
https://www.nairaland.com/5259321/awolowo-real-cause-death-photos

This is a deep bitter history
https://www.nairaland.com/5261015/history-afonja-alaafin-aole-curse

2 Likes

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Donald95(m): 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2019

OLUSEGUN OBASANJO

Former Head of State, Olusegun Obasanjo, like Abiola, is also from Ogun state. In fact, they both(Abiola and Obasanjo) attended Baptist Boys High School

betrayal

In as much as the Yoruba Chameleon condemned the Annulment in public yet he was sworn in as President of Nigeria on may 29, 1999 he never and he never spoke or condemned the acts of the Fulani man until he left office in 2007 . Many believe that the most respected General in Yoruba land Obasanjo was afraid of Fulani Ibrahim Babangida

LAMIDI ADEDIBU, ARISEKOLA ALAO

Both were Muslims. In fact, Arisekola held the title of Aare Musulumi of Yorubaland till he died. And like Abiola, he was a businessman. However, both decided to pitch their tent with Sanni Abacha in the battle for the realization of the June 12 mandate.
Arisekola even defended Babangida on the annulment of June 12 election.
At a press conference, Although he sounded confused, had said: “Wallahi Tallahi, Billahillazi la’ila ha illahuwa, and we are in the month of Ramadan.

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Donald95(m): 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
OLADIPO DIYA

Like Obasanjo and Abiola, Lieutenant General Oladipo Diya is from Ogun State. He served as second in command to the late dictator, Sani Abacha.

Diya an inborn Chameleon as natural trait had promised that Abacha reign would be brief. Having put his mouth to the nectar of power, Diya started singing a different song. In fact, in the heat of the struggle for the actualization of June 12 Diya became an instant punster (na wa o); he derided agbako (woe) the coalition of democrats, known as the National Democratic Coalition(NADECO).

When he became useless in the hands of the Fulani, He started regretting his action as Abacha, his boss,later tried him for planning to topple his regime. tongue

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Donald95(m): 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
EBENEZER BABATOPE, OLU ONAGORUWA, LATEEF JAKANDE

The duo of Ebenezer Babatope and Lateef Jakande have always been staunch Awoists. They decided to serve in the Abacha cabinet at the behest of Abiola who thought Abacha would redeem his pledge of having civilians as deputy governors. However, they refused to back out of the deal when it became obvious that the game had changed.
Olu Onagoruwa was a firebrand and legal luminary. He used to be Gani Fawehinmi's ally and confidant until he decided to serve under Abacha. He was said to have decided to serve in the Abacha cabinet on the prompting of his fellow Odogbolu townsman, Oladipupo Diya. It is a sad thing that Onagoruwa would be reminded as a 'villain' of June 12 having sacrificed a lot for activism and human rights. His decision to serve in Abacha's Cabinet cost him a lot.

And he was eventually shamefully booted out of office by the dictator when the Fulani Dictator saw his uselessness

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Donald95(m): 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
Lastly

LATEEF SHOFOLAHAN

A former personal assistant to the late Kudirat Abiola, wife of Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola who was assassinated during the struggle of June 12

An inside source said that This man seeing that Kudirat maybe be a threat to the Fulani master Abacha had to organize assassins.

Although he said he doesn't have hand in it but circumstances and also their Chameleon nature points an accusing finger on him as the story says that " Shofolahan was travelling in the same car with the late Kudirat Abiola when she was shot in the forehead. Her driver too was killed but Shofolahan miraculously escaped unscathed." imagine!!!

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Oshin56(m): 1:17pm On Oct 19, 2019
Abiola caused the problem for himself by declaring himself president, which is a punishable offence under the law.

1 Like

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 19, 2019
Enough of all these tribal nonsense.

All of you can go to hell (hausa igbo Yoruba).

2 Likes

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
All these stories no concern me. I voted same abiola in the "Hope 93" as an SS 3 student not because I liked abiola but that we had no alternative that time. We shaa wanted military out of our space at all cost.

Abiola would have been the worst president in the history of Nigeria if eventually elected into the office of president that time . My uncle said he saw this man in USA during the campaign when he went there to address Nigerians resident in the USA, to seek their support.

He said while addressing them, there were 2 prostitutes on both sides of him, with each standing and wrapping their hands on his shoulders. How can such a man make a reasonable leader? Atiku would have acted just like abiola. Presidency isn't about your financial wealth but about your Christma and wealth of experience to carry people along. I hope the PDP wouldn't make same mistake of Atiku in 2023

We are far from being there in Nigeria and the time for everybody to call it quits with the united Nigeria is now. Fulanis aren't even helping the situation at all. Anyone who goes to the north would bear me witness. Their leaders aren't enterprising , only depend on allocations that come to them from Fed Govt as their main source of revenue, instead of empowering their people , both men and women and build a virile group of SMIEs they're busy amassing wealth to themselves . They have vast land yet, they're so poor. We're the world HQ of poverty today, no thanks to fulanis. Instead of turning their vast forest to a hub of modern herds, they keep disturbing other regions with a motive best known to them. There are local prisons all over north under which youths who are supposed to build the next generation of Nigerians are being indoctrinated. No wonder boko haram keeps growing wings. The earlier we break away, the better for us in the south west.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
fairfora:
All these stories no concern me. Invited same abiola in the "Hope 93" as an SS 3 student not because I liked abiola but that we had no alternative that time. We shaa wanted military out of our place at all cost.

Abiola would have been the worst president in the history of Nigeria if eventually elected into that office of president. My uncle said he saw this man in USA during the campaign when he went there to address Nigerians resident in the USA and seek their support.

He said while addressing them, there were 2 prostitutes on both sides of him, with each standing by the side. How can such a man make a reasonable leader? Atiku would have acted hist like abiola.

I agree with you that Abiola would have been a bad president.

But that does not make the annulment of June 12 right, nor does it make the subsequent 5 years of millitary rule right...and by extension, it does not make the coup of 1966 right.

Let's be honest. Because of the annulment of the election in 1993, our democratic growth has been severely stunted. Lessons that should have been learned decades ago haven't been learned. And the worst of it was that it contributed to the current tribalist hate that pervades this country...especially here on this site.

Yes, Abiola was bad...as were most of the leaders of our democratic rule since 1999 .Especially the last two. But if someone organsied coup to remove them, or attempted to subvert their taking over....we should not support it.

Abiola was voted by most Nigerians. Sad they voted for such a person, but rules is rules. Welcome to democracy. If everyone votes for the Devil, and you voted against, for your own safety, accept the victory...and move on.

1 Like

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Donald95(m): 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
Oshin56:
Abiola caused the problem for himself by declaring himself president, which is a punishable offence under the law.

Said by Oshin a Yoruba man and I believe

5 Likes

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by UniQue84: 1:32pm On Oct 19, 2019
cheesy Am sitting right here watching how they are going to start clashing among each other. Am going to be enjoy this ..

Meanwhile for all your landed properties within Ibeju lekki and it's environs as well as Abuja, Then UniQue Properties (UP) got you covered... Why not own a land today now it's still very affordable in these choice locations. See signature

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by lastmessenger: 1:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
Their people their matter. Wetin Igbo man De do for that list? South has always been the problem of the south.

Meanwhile i will be visiting this thread every one one minutes to watch them butcher themselves with bad words.

Igbo vs Yoruba war must happen here. Quote me anywhere.
Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Donald95(m): 1:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
FCBboy:
Enough of all these tribal nonsense.

All of you can go to hell (hausa igbo Yoruba).

You don't Know Your history. And you are seeing my history class as tribal nonsense?? No wonder white men said that African History started 400 years ago and Many Africans swallowed it and nodded like Agama Lizard

1 Like

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by chriskosherbal(m): 1:35pm On Oct 19, 2019
I know this thread will surely generate heat.

See signature.
Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
Donald95:

You don't Know Your history. And you are seeing my history class as tribal nonsense?? No wonder white men said that African History started 400 years ago and Many Africans swallowed it and nodded like Agama Lizard
hey knucklehead
You're a well known tribal bigot on this forum, the motive of this your so called history class is to cause fight, as I said earlier I don't care the where you belong.
You can go kill yourself.

4 Likes

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Donald95(m): 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2019
chriskosherbal:
I know this thread will surely generate heat.

See signature.

Am not making it to Generate Heat, but I created this thread in other to expose some Yoruba people that are claiming Elder statesmen meanwhile the blood of innocent Abiola is aimlessly Roaming around like fulani herdsman
Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Donald95(m): 1:48pm On Oct 19, 2019
FCBboy:
hey knucklehead
You're a well known tribal bigot on this forum, the motive of this your so called history class is to cause fight, as I said earlier I don't care the where you belong.
You can go kill yourself.

Are you Ashamed of your history? Is it too bad that you can't accept?

1 Like

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2019
Donald95:

Are you Ashamed of your history? Is it too bad that you can't accept?
History should come after development.
If only you can develop your region, your region SE is the least desired zone after boko Haram ravaged NE, even the youths are running away from SE, everyday thousands of them enmass travel to other zones.
We all see what happened 3days ago, the biggest city in SE experienced a terrible fire outbreak and not even a single truck of fire men could be of help

In summary, develop your zone first before starting any fvcking history class on Nairaland, others; hausa and Yoruba should shun tribalism and Dev. Their land.

4 Likes

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Rubbystar: 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2019
It is a sad part our history.
Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Donald95(m): 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2019
FCBboy:
History should come after development.
If only you can develop your region, your region SE is the least desired zone after boko Haram ravaged NE, even the youths are running away from SE, everyday thousands of them enmass travel to other zones.
We all see what happened 3days ago, the biggest city in SE experienced a terrible fire outbreak and not even a single truck of fire men could be of help

In summary, develop your zone first before starting any fvcking history class on Nairaland, others; hausa and Yoruba should shun tribalism and Dev. Their land.

Well Igbo people leave their land, travel abroad and other parts of the world, learn civilization and development and bring it home. Unlike one man from that your side that carried stupidity oversea and was seen in a train Eating Eba and Soup with small stool causing air pollution.

On the part of Fire, The government has failed woefully and we the people has been bravely speaking against it unlike you guys that praise government despite being submerged in water.

We are not Tribal. We say the bitter truth

3 Likes

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2019
Donald95:

Well Igbo people leave their land, travel abroad and other parts of the world, learn civilization and development and bring it home. Unlike one man from that your side that carried stupidity oversea and was seen in a train Eating Eba and Soup with small stool causing air pollution.

On the part of Fire, The government has failed woefully and we the people has been bravely speaking against it unlike you guys that praise government despite being submerged in water.

We are not Tribal. We say the bitter truth
And still your zone is least developed after NE.

Well since your people are not ready to stop mass migration, I will advice you all to respect your host.... Don't meddle into their affairs, it's none of your business.

You'all claim yorubas are betrayal, they betrayed the South.

I have a question...

When and where did the yorubas had an agreement with SE and SS?

Yoruba, igbo and the Niger Delta are three different entities.

They have every right to exercise their franchise, they have every right to choose and vote for any fvcking person.

Yorubas are independent and arguably the best tribe in Africa (at. Least the best in naija) please don't intimidate my people.

Am proudly a Yoruba man from kwara st.

4 Likes

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Xisnin(m): 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2019
fairfora:
All these stories no concern me. I voted same abiola in the "Hope 93" as an SS 3 student not because I liked abiola but that we had no alternative that time. We shaa wanted military out of our space at all cost.

My uncle said he saw this man in USA during the campaign when he went there to address Nigerians resident in the USA, to seek their support.

You are just a confused kid.
Yes. I know you are "old" because you allegedly voted for Abiola in SS3.
But any man who can't decide for himself is not yet a man. Your uncle told
you a ridiculous story and you believed him and still tell the story without a shame.

Even though you knew he would be the worst president(wow, you could even see the future), you didn't bother voting for his opponent.

See how confused your thought-process is?

SMH

4 Likes

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2019
Your people live freely on our land, eat our black Amala and ewedu, buy our land and yet you'll still come online and bash us... Who does that?

I doubt if the total number of yorubas living in SE is up to 1k, we don't give any bloody fvck about you.

The population of ibos In my hometown alone is mouthwatering... They're living freely and yet you'll still come online with your mtn 100mb to bash us? Does that make any sense?

1 Like

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Donald95(m): 2:57pm On Oct 19, 2019
FCBboy:

And still your zone is least developed after NE.

Well since your people are not ready to stop mass migration, I will advice you all to respect your host.... Don't meddle into their affairs, it's none of your business.

You'all claim yorubas are betrayal, they betrayed the South.

I have a question...

When and where did the yorubas had an agreement with SE and SS?

Yoruba, igbo and the Niger Delta are three different entities.

They have every right to exercise their franchise, they have every right to choose and vote for any fvcking person.

Yorubas are independent and arguably the best tribe in Africa (at. Least the best in naija) please don't intimidate my people.

Am proudly a Yoruba man from kwara st.

No South Eastern State is less developed including Ebonyi state get your facts right.

We don't migrate like fulani people, we go out to do business and open anywhere we land for business. An Igbo man will always travel back home every festive period Get your facts right

I never said Yoruba had agreement with Ndị Igbo

Yoruba is not independent Ask Emir of Illorin or you read my history class about Afonja

Did I stop you from voting Buhari??

Did I say Yoruba is worst in Africa??

Read my posts again Biko. am here to teach

2 Likes

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Donald95(m): 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2019
FCBboy:
Your people live freely on our land, eat our black Amala and ewedu, buy our land and yet you'll still come online and bash us... Who does that?

I doubt if the total number of yorubas living in SE is up to 1k, we don't give any bloody fvck about you.

The population of ibos In my hometown alone is mouthwatering... They're living freely and yet you'll still come online with your mtn 100mb to bash us? Does that make any sense?

If you want to know the importance of Presence of Great ndị Igbo And their businesses, Go to Ekiti State and Osun

1 Like

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by powerkey: 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2019
Yoruba's remains sellouts and betrayers....

History will never lie ....

If you've done any business with a Yoruba , you will know they are back stabbers..

1 Like

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2019
Donald95:

No South Eastern State is less developed including Ebonyi state get your facts right.

We don't migrate like fulani people, we go out to do business and open anywhere we land for business. An Igbo man will always travel back home every festive period Get your facts right

I never said Yoruba had agreement with Ndị Igbo

Yoruba is not independent Ask Emir of Illorin or you read my history class about Afonja

Did I stop you from voting Buhari??

Did I say Yoruba is worst in Africa??

Read my posts again Biko. am here to teach

At this juncture, I have nothing else to say.

Well, I wish you success in your Tribal bigotry project and pray it gives you and your demented family eternal life and money in good health..

Dankechion... Oloriburuku omo A'koti le ta.

1 Like

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Donald95(m): 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2019
Xisnin:

You are just a confused kid.
Yes. I know you are "old" because you allegedly voted for Abiola in SS3.
But any man who can't decide for himself is not yet a man. Your uncle told
you a ridiculous story and you believed him and still tell the story without a shame.

Even though you knew he would be the worst president(wow, you could even see the future), you didn't bother voting for his opponent.

See how confused your thought-process is?

SMH
Fairfora is a Yoruba man. What do you expect?
Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by RichBoy247: 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2019
Donald95:
This Thread is to clear the air as many are ignorant on how Abiola actually died. How top Yoruba people encouraged him behind the scene and outside because of his wealth but turned against him and betrayed him as usual when the going became tough

http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/10/june-12-special-12-judases-june-12-who-betrayed-mko-abiola-hope-93

Don't forget to visit my other history classes and expand your knowledge TAO11 mercyville GidiWoodsMan StaffofOrayan Cosbyrich Officialgarri helinues

Unbiased history
https://www.nairaland.com/5270221/history-true-cause-civil-war

This is what killed Awolowo not the lies you where told
https://www.nairaland.com/5259321/awolowo-real-cause-death-photos

This is a deep bitter history
https://www.nairaland.com/5261015/history-afonja-alaafin-aole-curse

Wetin concern you about Abiola's death? Who asked you? This nonsense that you and your fellow dreamers have posted now, gas it constructed the 2nd Niger Bridge or the East-West road? Lazy youth, go and die.

2 Likes

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Donald95(m): 3:10pm On Oct 19, 2019
FCBboy:

At this juncture, I have nothing else to say.

Well, I wish you success in your Tribal bigotry project and pray it gives you and your demented family eternal life and money in good health..

Dankechion... Oloriburuku omo A'koti le ta.

Am trying to help Abiola your own Yoruba person to rest in peace and you are castigating me.

Have you seen what makes you Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: History By Donald95: How Respected Southerners Killed Abiola (photo) by Donald95(m): 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2019
RichBoy247:

Wetin concern you about Abiola's death? Who asked you? This nonsense that you and your fellow dreamers have posted now, gas it constructed the 2nd Niger Bridge or the East-West road? Lazy youth, go and die.

Truth is bitter and must be spoken, no matter the cost

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Told Atiku If APC Had Picked Osinbajo He Would Have Declared For APC. / Angry Northerners Tearing Down Tinubu Campaign Posters In The North / Nyesom Wike, Patience Jonathan In N180bn UBEC Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.