Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Christians And Muslims;do We Worship Same God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians And Muslims;do We Worship Same God? (924 Views)

School To Fire Professor For Saying Christians, Muslims Worship Same GOD / Do Christians And Muslims Worship Same God? / We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians And Muslims;do We Worship Same God? by ebbie9ja(m): 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2010
I'm confused coz sum muslims blive it but sum ain't,feel free to post ya comment, Remain blessed!
Re: Christians And Muslims;do We Worship Same God? by vescucci(m): 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2010
There's only one God. The question is not whether Christians and Muslims worship the same God. It is whether they worship God at all.
Re: Christians And Muslims;do We Worship Same God? by Mudley313: 10:37pm On Nov 09, 2010
they most definitely each worship different imaginary deities. one initially invented by ancient jewish goat-herders then upgraded by followers of an executed jewish carpenter; the other invented by a bronze age arabian peadophile. unless ofcourse god suffers from multiple personality disorder
Re: Christians And Muslims;do We Worship Same God? by benodic: 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2010
@ vescucci

There's only one God. The question is not whether Christians and Muslims worship the same God. It is whether they worship God at all.

well said. a real food for thought for all of us
Re: Christians And Muslims;do We Worship Same God? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2010
i believe that there is only one God or Allah. whether the being that created human being is called God or Allah or Chineke is a matter of language. CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS BELEIVE THAT THEY ARE WORSHIPING THE CREATOR. THE QUESTION NOW IS WHICH OF THE RELIGIONS IS THE TRUE WAY TO WORSHIP THE CREATOR? THE POSSIBILITIES ARE THAT, BOTH RELIGIONS ARE TRUE, EITHER OR NONE OF THEM IS TRUE. IT'S ONLY THE CREATOR THAT CAN SAY!
Re: Christians And Muslims;do We Worship Same God? by DevotedOne(m): 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2010
[Center]In The Name of The One And Only GOD.  The peace be upon you, everyone.[/Center]

There is but One GOD, Almighty and Sovereign, whom I Love, with all of my being.  Prophet Christ 'Isa [Jesus, PBUH] defines HIM; All Glory Be To HIM, -- in my earlier post #866, located here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-445327.864.html  [re: post #866]

PBUH: Peace be upon Him.
Re: Christians And Muslims;do We Worship Same God? by favouredjb(f): 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2010
I guess @mudley must be an atheist
Re: Christians And Muslims;do We Worship Same God? by manmustwac(m): 8:57pm On Nov 15, 2010
^^ how do you know?
Re: Christians And Muslims;do We Worship Same God? by LagosShia: 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2010
We have One and only God.He is the One who sent Jesus.

i think the question should be "do christians follow Jesus"?and the answer is no.so basically,we do have the same God but christians do not worship that One and Only God the way muslims do.there is hardly a sect of christianity that does not believe in a god with the small "g" apart from the One and Only written with the big "G".even the Jehovah's witnesses who would camouflage and tell you that they do not believe in Trinity,are binitarians.what do i mean by "binitarians"?if you go to their version of the bible known as the New World Translation of the Bible,you will find that they do regard Jesus as a "god".you can check the new world translation (John 1:1,and John 1:18).so essentially,all christians do believe in more than one God even though they will certainly deny.as for the Jehovah's Witnesses,their explanation is "god" is a title but Jehovah is one.even at that,you should ask him why does he obey and worship Jehovah?the answer is because he believe Jehovah is God.so is it allowed or logical to have another being that is "god" or with the title of God?the answer is no.you can see that in:

Deuteronomy 6:4

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one

Isaiah 43:10:

“You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.

Mark 12:29:

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

so regardless what name the supreme God has.regardless if you call Him Allah,or Jehovah or Chinekeh,the concept of a supreme Being in the bible as it is in the Quran is One God.the title is not to be shared by anyone else!

but here we have the christians believe in "thre-in-one" or what is known as "trinity" and we have the jehovah's witnesses believing in a small "god":

The New World Translation of the Jehovah's Witnesses:

John 1:1:
1 In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

John 1:18:

No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him.

if we are to examine those verses carefully,both the word "god" and "begotten" are interpolations that would not be found in the Revise Standard Version.those words were expunged in the RSV because they are additions meant to suit/adjust to the doctrines of the followers of christianity.yet still so many versions up to this day including the new world translation and the catholic bible do contain interpolations.
Re: Christians And Muslims;do We Worship Same God? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:27am On Nov 16, 2010
We all worship the one true God, whether we believe it or not. Our existence and journey through life itself is THE worship. It has nothing to do with which religious sect you or i belong to, neither does it matter whether anyone believe in the existence of God or not, meaning that even atheists are worshiping God through their own existence, because existence itself is the worship. Those who believe that being part of a particular religion is the only way to worship God are just being childish in their beliefs and can't be further from the truth.

So we really don't have to worry about whether we are worshiping or not, because that is exactly what we are doing every moment of our existence, anyway. The only thing we need to worry about is whether we are doing it properly or not, and the world we build around us tells us exactly that. So, the real question we should be asking is, "Are nigerians worshiping the right way or not"? To put it in more neutral terms, "Are nigerians living and existing the right way or not"?

The state of our nation gives us the answer to those questions, because that is our evolutionary feedback point. That is how we know whether we're on the right evolutionary path or not. What we have built with our hands will show how evolved we have become on the inside, and the true worship is reflected by our continual evolutionary development which is in turn mirrored back to us through the quality of the collective physical realities that we have created, and still creating, for ourselves. It is rather uncomplicated, really. 
ebbie9ja:

I'm confused coz sum muslims blive it but sum ain't,feel free to post ya comment, Remain blessed!

vescucci:

Re: Christians And Muslims;do We Worship Same God? by benodic: 8:07am On Nov 16, 2010
true worship is service to life. God created everything in life and It did not create any dichotomies. man did.

when you really start worshiping God in truth and in spirit you will come to a realization that you are not different from the next person. the same spirit of God that animates you is also what animates the next person.

with this realization you can no longer hate the next person because he or she shares a different belief from yours. you will be able to love all life because all life is simply a manifestation of God's love.
Re: Christians And Muslims;do We Worship Same God? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:09pm On Nov 16, 2010
That's just it, in a nutshell. We, as humans, cannot start talking of love until we have all finally transcended the artificially built and illusory dichotomies that we have allowed to separate us from one another.
benodic:

true worship is service to life. God created everything in life and It did not create any dichotomies. man did.

when you really start worshiping God in truth and in spirit you will come to a realization that you are not different from the next person. the same spirit of God that animates you is also what animates the next person.

with this realization you can no longer hate the next person because he or she shares a different belief from yours. you will be able to love all life because all life is simply a manifestation of God's love.

(1) (Reply)

Adultery / Only One Way To God / Have You Ever Had An Out-of-body Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.