Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,493 members, 7,861,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:02 PM

Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price (21675 Views)

Isa Pantami Purchases 3 Houses For His 3 Wives In Abuja - Sahara Reporter Pics) / Abike Dabiri And Isa Pantami Clash Over Ejection From Office / Isa Pantami: Boko Haram Kicks Against New Sim Card Policy, Threatens Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by picoba(m): 1:48pm On Oct 22, 2019
Is this a country?
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by hopexter(m): 1:48pm On Oct 22, 2019
Stephendeals:
shocked

When will the reduction of price be implemented? hope it is not another audio promise and directive

I need to renew my subscription soon

Why you dey hurry grin
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by MackDams(m): 1:48pm On Oct 22, 2019
se
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by MrSix: 1:51pm On Oct 22, 2019
Check my signature
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Mcuzy(m): 1:52pm On Oct 22, 2019
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by DonFreshmoney(m): 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

The federal government already subsidise their data!

Are you saying they are special citizens than most of us?
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Patosky4U: 1:54pm On Oct 22, 2019
When are we expecting this directive to be implemented!!!!!

A) eternity
B) 2020
C) anytime

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Minjim: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Different communication messages from the federal government to TELCOS!

Everybody is coming out to give directives every 1 week apart. This is a sign of a weak system!

Ipob

Are they giving conflicting directives?
The directives so far given are in our interest - but you must complain sha

2 Likes

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by MoIbrahim: 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2019
The first a government is talking for the people. The previous ones were confused by the unlimited free credit and data for dignitaries
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by sambass(m): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
NORSYK:
Commendable..... For once in APC's government they have done something noble
Done what

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2019
Until I see results!

Believe this sadistic govt at your peril!
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by hushpapi(m): 2:18pm On Oct 22, 2019
You see glo, mtn, Airtel all nah scam, no monthly data will ever get to a month. Extortion everywhere,
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by IMAliyu(m): 2:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
Who remembers when glo offered N200 for 1Gb?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Stephendeals: 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
wink grin My people say as e dey hot
hopexter:

Why you dey hurry grin
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Dotng: 2:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
oluwaseyi000:
I am in for data price reduction but this ministers need to understand they can just name or decide what price of goods and services including data will be except they will subside it like petroleum

Price is determine by market force and in the case of reapers that want to make excessive profit, competitors is what will break them with tax reduction for user-friendly company not a military style price decree

Shittu was the last market force that asked for the price of data to be increased. The present market force, Patami is asking for the price to be reduced.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by slowice(m): 2:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
Hope this guy is strong cos telcos ll want to bribe their way through this

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by hopexter(m): 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2019
Stephendeals:
wink grin My people say as e dey hot

Na so, it's it's high time it's implement cheesy
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by COMPAQ(m): 3:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
Data in Nigeria is quite cheap! I don't know where we keep getting the idea that it's expensive here. I was in Houston last week and the cheapest I could get was Mint mobile at $15 for 3Gb (N5.4k).

Granted call and text are free, but we all know that now what we really pay for is data.

https://www.mintmobile.com/plans/
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by GIFTEDPLANNERS(m): 3:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
MAKE UNA HELP LINK ME WITH EVENT JOBS O O O.

EVENT PLANNING AND EVENT MANAGEMENT
EVENT DECORATION
INTERIOR DECORATION
CAKE
CATERING
SMALL CHOPS / COCKTAIL DRINKS
USHERING / PROTOCOL PROVIDER
BOUNCERS
VIDEO AND PHOTO COVERAGE ( WITH DRONE)
PRINTING PRESS JOBS. (GIFT BAG, JOTTER, ETC)

*I PLAN WEDDING AND END OF YEAR PARTY FOR COUPLES AND SCHOOLS FREE OF CHARGE*

PLS LINK ME UP WITH YOUR FRIENDS OR GROUPS IN ANY CITY. I DELIVER MY JOBS IN ANY CITY OF CLIENTS.

08068829626...... GIFTED PLANNERS
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by greenguy: 3:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
They should first cancel all those unlimited data plans that can't stay for 3days.

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by jay89(m): 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2019
With over 90% of our towers not connected to the national grid. This one is still talking about reduction in data price. Provide infrastructure and see how the price of telecommunication services will reduce by itself.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by LegoxMetahuman: 3:25pm On Oct 22, 2019
im beginning to like the pantami

this is what the big bearded terrorist could not do cos of kick backs.

i remember ncc/shittu directing isp to increase that price cos people are using it to criticize buhari.
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by LegoxMetahuman: 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
Please Data is not meant for everyone.. making data cheap would make mad people likecome write crap on Nairaland.
even if data is 1million naira per gb, those who defend politicians will always have money for the data to defend their politicians.

it is those students who dont work but need it that will suffer the consequences.
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by LegoxMetahuman: 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2019
thelastorca:
is this a populist move or does he have hard data about 'illegal data deduction'?
hard data from millions of people complaining to ncc 622 everyday about illegal deduction and crappy services. .
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by LegoxMetahuman: 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2019
COMPAQ:
Data in Nigeria is quite cheap! I don't know where we keep getting the idea that it's expensive here. I was in Houston last week and the cheapest I could get was Mint mobile at $15 for 3Gb (N5.4k).

Granted call and text are free, but we all know that now what we really pay for is data.

https://www.mintmobile.com/plans/

what is minimum wage in houston and nigeria?
how many people depends on wireless network in houston for their data needs?

you compare things with other african countries where minimum wage is similar etc.
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:
hard data from millions of people complaining to ncc 622 everyday about illegal deduction and crappy services. .

complaints on their own do not mean anything

i have multiple apps i use on my pc and phone to track my actual data use for this very reason
i have a shared internet connection at home, and i have to schedule some downloads. i have also forbidden my kids from streaming any youtube videos.
any video they want, they let me know and i download it for them to watch
it is very easy to complain about illegal deduction of data, but how many people are ACTUALLY measuring and tracking their data use?

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Owutuotuo(m): 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2019
oluwaseyi000:
I am in for data price reduction but this ministers need to understand they can just name or decide what price of goods and services including data will be except they will subside it like petroleum

Price is determine by market force and in the case of reapers that want to make excessive profit, competitors is what will break them with tax reduction for user-friendly company not a military style price decree

God bless you. You spoke my mind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by LegoxMetahuman: 3:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
thelastorca:

complaints on their own do not mean anything

i have multiple apps i use on my pc and phone to track my actual data use for this very reason
i have a shared internet connection at home, and i have to schedule some downloads. i have also forbidden my kids from streaming any youtube videos.
any video they want, they let me know and i download it for them to watch
it is very easy to complain about illegal deduction of data, but how many people are ACTUALLY measuring and tracking their data use?
because it hasnt or didnt happen to you doesnt mean it hasnt happened to others.

how many networks have you subscribed or used all their data plan to know?
millions of people that complained or still complaining cant be wrong at the same time.

go to all the network pages on twitter and see people complaining about same thing and having their data refunded after they realized they were true. but they wont fix the error that caused the data to be deducted in the first place but will just leave it till someone else complains.

now imagine those who didnt bother to complain on twitter but instead to customer care or ncc or even just subscribe again and move on.

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 22, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:
because it hasnt or didnt happen to you doesnt mean it hasnt happened to others.

how many networks have you subscribed or used all their data plan to know?
millions of people that complained or still complaining cant be wrong at the same time.

go to all the network pages on twitter and see people complaining about same thing and having their data refunded after they realized they were true. but they wont fix the error that caused the data to be deducted in the first place but will just leave it till someone else complains.

now imagine those who didnt bother to complain on twitter but instead to customer care or ncc or even just subscribe again and move on.

like i said, complaints mean nothing.

google has a free app that enables people to track their data use datally
there is also glasswire
you can also configure android to give you warnings when your data usage thresold goes over a point
the complaints mean absolutley nothing imho. 90% of users are not particualrly phone literate; most do not know how to back up contacts or pictures to the cloud, or how to restrict backups for that matter. the easiest thing to do is complain.
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by SouthSouth1914: 3:55pm On Oct 22, 2019
Minjim:

Ipob

Are they giving conflicting directives?
The directives so far given are in our interest - but you must complain sha

You must be ethnically dysfunctional for your comments. If you cannot read and understand!! The NCC has given a different directive on countless occasions, this is another directive as well. Makes it complicated..

Stop your foolery!
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by SolarHub(m): 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2019
Ok

YOU WANT TO ENJOY AT LEAST 8 HOURS ELECTRICITY DAILY WITH OUR 1KVA SOLAR SYSTEM? CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NLC Protesters Storm Lagos Secretariat In Alausa / APC Entices Voters With Bread In Ondo State / Governor Akeredolu Eating With Pupils In Classroom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.