Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:50 AM

Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price (21682 Views)

Isa Pantami Purchases 3 Houses For His 3 Wives In Abuja - Sahara Reporter Pics) / Abike Dabiri And Isa Pantami Clash Over Ejection From Office / Isa Pantami: Boko Haram Kicks Against New Sim Card Policy, Threatens Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by byesense105: 4:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
It will never happen, the telcos operate in a free market where the forces of demand and supply determine the price of goods and services. Therefore, you cannot dictate to them what to charge, except you are willing to subsidize their services.Secondly, the revenue a telco generates may be huge, but when you hear amount spent on running cost, you will be shocked to your marrow.
If government truly wants to have a say in the price of data, they should first provide power, which amounts to almost 30% of operators running cost. then we can have this discussion again

ijustdey:

https://www.thecable.ng/communications-minister-asks-telcos-to-slash-data-price

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by LegoxMetahuman: 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2019
thelastorca:

like i said, complaints mean nothing.

google has a free app that enables people to track their data use datally
there is also glasswire
you can also configure android to give you warnings when your data usage thresold goes over a point
the complaints mean absolutley nothing imho. 90% of users are not particualrly phone literate; most do not know how to back up contacts or pictures to the cloud, or how to restrict backups for that matter. the easiest thing to do is complain.
nope

the complain means everything.
the fact that isps respond to these complains and have people's data refunded should mean something to you.
they even make adverts about it cos they themselves know it happens alot.

most people buy data based on what they use it for. they dont need to monitor. imagine someone buying 1.5gb for just nairaland and some sports and betting site on mobile phone, but still didnt last him 2days. dont you think something is wrong somewhere?

having apps that monitor data doesnt mean they wont deduct data. airtel used to double charged me on data. 2 mb gets deducted for every 1mb i used. i sent the details including the stat from different app i used in monitoring my data usage. they said they will do something about it. they didnt do jack until i exhausted the data and dumped their sim.
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:
nope

the complain means everything.
the fact that isps respond to these complains and have people's data refunded should mean something to you.
they even make adverts about it cos they themselves know it happens alot.

most people buy data based on what they use it for. they dont need to monitor. imagine someone buying 1.5gb for just nairaland and some sports and betting site on mobile phone, but still didnt last him 2days. dont you think something is wrong somewhere?

having apps that monitor data doesnt mean they wont deduct data. airtel used to double charged me on data. 2 mb gets deducted for every 1mb i used. i sent the details including the stat from different app i used in monitoring my data usage. they said they will do something about it. they didnt do jack until i exhausted the data and dumped their sim.

You can start here
https://www.howtogeek.com/140261/how-to-minimize-your-android-data-usage-and-avoid-overage-charges/

That is my mobile data on my device. I have had that device for 3 or 4 months.

Do you know how much rubbish people send on WhatsApp? Or how much you blow when you are in a YouTube rabbit hole?

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Minjim: 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

You must be ethnically dysfunctional for your comments. If you cannot read and understand!! The NCC has given a different directive on countless occasions, this is another directive as well. Makes it complicated..

Stop your foolery!
You find hard to differentiate who's boss between NCC and the Ministry of Communication.
The minister is now giving a superior directive to nullify any previous directive

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by nick50(m): 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2019
Same fg that asked telcos to charge Nigerians for ussd banking
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 22, 2019
As a developer, i spent nothing less than 15k on data....Spectranent
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by LegoxMetahuman: 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2019
thelastorca:

You can start here
https://www.howtogeek.com/140261/how-to-minimize-your-android-data-usage-and-avoid-overage-charges/

That is my mobile data on my device. I have had that device for 3 or 4 months.

Do you know how much rubbish people send on WhatsApp? Or how much you blow when you are in a YouTube rabbit hole?
im 99% sure i know more than you when it comes to this stuff.

but i will let you continue to think you do. wink

enjoy man.
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by mechanics(m): 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2019
Better, it's necessary o, my data don't even reach me for a month at all.
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
GIFTEDPLANNERS:
MAKE UNA HELP LINK ME WITH EVENT JOBS O O O.

EVENT PLANNING AND EVENT MANAGEMENT
EVENT DECORATION
INTERIOR DECORATION
CAKE
CATERING
SMALL CHOPS / COCKTAIL DRINKS
USHERING / PROTOCOL PROVIDER
BOUNCERS
VIDEO AND PHOTO COVERAGE ( WITH DRONE)
PRINTING PRESS JOBS. (GIFT BAG, JOTTER, ETC)

*I PLAN WEDDING AND END OF YEAR PARTY FOR COUPLES AND SCHOOLS FREE OF CHARGE*

PLS LINK ME UP WITH YOUR FRIENDS OR GROUPS IN ANY CITY. I DELIVER MY JOBS IN ANY CITY OF CLIENTS.

08068829626...... GIFTED PLANNERS

Try Planit and IG Ads.

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
darol4real:
As a developer, i spent nothing less than 15k on data....Spectranent

Unlimited?
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Legendguru: 6:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by JB4life: 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2019
High cost of data is DEFINITELY still the handwork of the same company from the same country killing and pursuing Nigerians from their country, MTN.
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by donval2121(m): 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2019
It's a waste if time and energy. Even if they are forced into reducing, that's when secret charges begins. No today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 22, 2019
1kBabyShoesNG:

Nooo
Unlimited?
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by yetunsbay(m): 10:47pm On Oct 22, 2019
Gudguyz:
Abi reduce the bording small...

For ur epileptic power solutions.Call & What's app Sunmax Solar.Pls click on my profile for contact details.Thanks
I need one with no monthly sub
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by 9jaRealist: 1:57am On Oct 23, 2019
ijustdey:

https://www.thecable.ng/communications-minister-asks-telcos-to-slash-data-price

Useless Minister...
Instead of wasting everyone's time issuing "directives" build (or facilitate) backbone infrastructure, and thereby LOWER costs of operators.

>
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by COMPAQ(m): 10:25pm On Oct 26, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:
what is minimum wage in houston and nigeria?
how many people depends on wireless network in houston for their data needs?

you compare things with other african countries where minimum wage is similar etc.

The one in their houses are they not also paying for it? It's not free you know! Comcast or AT&T Internet to your house will still cost you like $45 - $80 depending on the speed
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by LegoxMetahuman: 10:35pm On Oct 26, 2019
COMPAQ:

The one in their houses are they not also paying for it? It's not free you know! Comcast or AT&T Internet to your house will still cost you like $45 - $80 depending on the speed
now how much is 45=80 usd to someone earning atleast 1000usd a month?
not to forget there are cheaper internet subcriptions like google fibre etc.
what about the free wifi everywhere? from schools, to restuarants to coffee shop. you can stay online all the time without paying a dime if you are willing to inconvinient yourself.

can you say the same about nigeria? where minimum wage is 80 dollars and isp expects you to pay that exact amount for 100gb data?

like i said, dont compare apple and oranges. its like saying ferrari is faster than honda civic.
Re: Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price by eminencetoba: 10:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
Hello guys, should you know anyone who teaches the following subjects:
•Phonics
•French
•Technical Drawing
•Fine Arts
•ICT
• Music
• Yoruba
• PHE
•Arts, Commerce and Science subjects

Locations
•Lagos, Ibadan and Ogun

Renumeration:
Attractive payment.

Tell them to visit www.syllaboss.com.ng/teacher.php to submit their CV.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD / Barr. Stephanie At Commonwealth Forum With Buhari, Barrow, Aisha / Kaduna: Gunmen Steal NECO Exam Papers At GSS Unguwar Sarki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.