Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

GTB Again! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Again! (3668 Views)

How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call / Gtb Internet Banking Token Device / Questions on GTB Bank Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB Again! by madejibo: 7:07am On Nov 11, 2010
If u have been following my thread I started on GTB
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-510215.99999.html#bot
u will know I complained so bitterly about the way and manner of which GTB debited my account for naira master card without my consent. Now can you imagine they have debited my account again for the same card when I am yet to collect the first one again. Haba! Is this not 1st degree fraud. Here below is a mail I sent to GTB:
Good morning,
I got an sms alert yesterday night at 23:02 hours saying that my account has been debited by N1,000:00 (one thousand naira only) for the replacement of cashplus card with a chip and pin card.
Below is a copy of the text message:
"Transaction Notification: NGN1000.00 DR (STANDING INSTRUCTION-REPLACEMENT OF CASHPLUS WITH MC CHIP AND PIN) on 202/******/1/59/0. Your balance is NGN1059503.01".
You will recall that I was debited for the same purpose on the 31st of August 2010. Up till now I have not gone to pick up my card because personally I believe there is too may fraud on you atm . Also you will recall I complained to your bank through emails about the way and manner my account was debited.
I will want you before 12noon today (11th of Nov. 2010) to explain
1. Why am I being debited again
2. Refund me my N1000
Also I want a letter of apology signed and sent to my address before the expiration of three working days from today.

My account number is 2022****1590

Thank you
I sent this mail to GTB complaint desk this morning. The last card I was debited for on yhe 31st of august I have not gone to collect it talkless of using it and I am being debited again on the 10th of November less than 3months
Re: GTB Again! by NnamdiN: 7:25am On Nov 11, 2010
Chairman you get money oh, cool
Re: GTB Again! by martyns303(m): 9:44am On Nov 11, 2010
Ok! First of, i bank with GTB too and i was debited same 1k for the new card, it was once and not twice. So its either ur lying or ur tring to show off. And come to think of it, with an account balance like that u still would go tru all the trouble of writing all that complain over a pathetic 1K?(taking ur balance into consideration) Nah! Not too good for sum1 who's tring to show off.
Re: GTB Again! by skyangel(f): 9:57am On Nov 11, 2010
@ martyn,
why must u always think someone is lying without confirming what was said
I also got same text msg at about 11 pm yesterday,after being debited for the same card in August.
I may not know whether the op is showing off, but i can tell u categorically that i've been debited twice for the same card & whether the amoout (1k) is little or much,i'm not goint to take it from them & i'll go straight to my branch before the close of work today even if i've got billions of naira in my account,trust me, i'll bring u words when i'm back
Re: GTB Again! by martyns303(m): 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2010
^^^ ma'am ur crediting me with false statements ooo, ''always'' assuming sum1 is ''lying''. Jor ooo. caution: this one ur going to their office, make sure u'v such balance as the poster else the bank manager is going to bounce u with ur 10K acc. Balance. Kidding, let me knw hw it goes.
Re: GTB Again! by madejibo: 12:14pm On Nov 11, 2010
@martyns
So I should keep quiet because it is just 1k, maybe I should hv edited my balance but it didn't occur to me dat pple like u ll believe that I am showing off. The main reason I am on nairaland is just to butress the point that d bank has issues with service which I stated in my last thread. I don't steal money so 1k is a big deal for me o! Imagine if a thousand pple is wrongly debited do u know how much that is? Nigeria is this bad because pple don talk. I am not in town rite now so I don't hv d privilege to visit a gtb but as soon as I get to town I will go fight for my money even if it is N1
Re: GTB Again! by martyns303(m): 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2010
''ppl like me'' meaning? ''u dn't steal money'' unsinuating? Geez bro try choosing appropriate words. Good we have crusaders ''like u'', maybe ''ppl like me'' will benefit 4rm ur cause.
Re: GTB Again! by madejibo: 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2010
GTB has refunded me my 1000 naira but I still demand an explanation and an apology letter. So if I no shout my 1k would have just gone like dat. HA! GTB really disappointed
Re: GTB Again! by asamuel: 3:12am On Nov 12, 2010
@majedibo

So, finally our thread is yielding results. They must have called a serious conference over N1,000. silly bank! Imagine N1,000 from N15 million customers. That's N15 billion. That's the kind of profit GTB boasts of. Whatever happened to regulation.
Re: GTB Again! by consultmartins(m): 8:45am On Nov 12, 2010
Nigerian banks should learn from the case of Lehmann Brothers and Merrillynch that No business is too big to fail.
Re: GTB Again! by skyangel(f): 9:15am On Nov 12, 2010
martyns303:

^^^ ma'am your crediting me with false statements ooo, ''always'' assuming sum1 is ''lying''. Jor ooo. caution: this one your going to their office, make sure u'v such balance as the poster else the bank manager is going to bounce u with your 10K acc. Balance. Kidding, let me knw hw it goes.
LOL @ 10K acct. bal. u'r so funny

@ all, i went to my gtb branch yesterday as promised & met two other people with same complain, they asked us to fill a form & said it would be reversed,that it was an error, at about 6:30 pm, i got reversal alert.
thank God i went to fight for my 1k grin
Re: GTB Again! by madejibo: 9:29am On Nov 12, 2010
Thank God dey reversed it b4 I got back to town if not I wld have made a lot of scene and close my acct but as soon as I get to town I will surely close my acct, today its 1k tomorrow it cld be 100k. Enuff story abeg
Re: GTB Again! by martyns303(m): 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2010
good they refunded the money and i think my experience with them has been nice. @poster just make UBA aint the new bank ur switching to else u would be singing same song again
Re: GTB Again! by asamuel: 3:02pm On Nov 18, 2010
any news about this bank again? are they waking up? the last time I checked they are still sleeping.
Re: GTB Again! by kg(f): 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2010
Like I said in your previous thread almost all banks do the same. The second deduction was an error and they ought to apologise to you for that.

I love GTBank still cause compared to close to five other banks I've used UBA, Intercont., Oceanic, Union, Zenith, GTB has a far better service and above all they don't secretly steal from customers like UBA for instance. No apologies!
Re: GTB Again! by asamuel: 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2010
I think GTB steals the most. Just type GTB and fraud on your Nairaland Google browser and you will get the surprise of your life. I use Zenith and GTB and I can tell you that GTB is far worse in customer service. Look at the perrenial queue at the ATM of any GTB branch. Just go in and ask any of their customer services a question. You will see the dull response as if they've not been paid for months.
Re: GTB Again! by lelads(m): 10:18pm On Nov 19, 2010
in my own opinion, i don't think the situation is like most you think.
i could remember receiving about 5 messages of same kind like that when my atm card was about to be changed to the new mastercard but i was charged once.

so @poster, the messages may be coming as a reminder, it doesn't mean that ur a/c is debited each time you receive the message.
Re: GTB Again! by asamuel: 5:55am On Nov 20, 2010
the last time I checked GTB still steals the most from customers.
Re: GTB Again! by kabarka(m): 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2010
i use GTB and i was debited once (august)
Re: GTB Again! by asamuel: 11:45pm On Nov 21, 2010
yeah, GTB only knows how to debit, but they won't credit even when they know they are wrong
Re: GTB Again! by kabarka(m): 12:44am On Nov 22, 2010
These actually sound strange to me because customer service of the branch i use has been wonderful right from inception
Re: GTB Again! by Osama10(m): 12:57am On Nov 22, 2010
Recently, my GTB account was debited with #3385.09.

I haven't gone there yet but am just wondering why the debit because I don't have an ATM card for the account.

Am really going to find time and go there now to see what that debit was for.I purposely refused applying for the ATM card.
Re: GTB Again! by kabarka(m): 6:43am On Nov 22, 2010
when you find out,still come share with us what went wrong.
Re: GTB Again! by Bestglo(f): 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2010
lelads:

in my own opinion, i don't think the situation is like most you think.
i could remember receiving about 5 messages of same kind like that when my atm card was about to be changed to the new mastercard but i was charged once.

so @poster, the messages may be coming as a reminder, it doesn't mean that your a/c is debited each time you receive the message.
We're talking about debiting here & not just text messages, next time try to read a statement properly before posting reply
Re: GTB Again! by kabarka(m): 5:33pm On Nov 22, 2010
@Bestglo
in as much as you are right,the discussion has not turn to quarre.l
Re: GTB Again! by Bestglo(f): 11:23am On Nov 23, 2010
ok kabarka. Clap for yourself cheesy
Re: GTB Again! by jagz: 9:07pm On Nov 23, 2010
Honestly, GTbank still amazes me. They have a brand that is perceived as very strong, yet in my opinion they are an average bank. Branch network is horrible, the staff are full of 'emselves and service delivery is not impressive. One thing I give to them is their brand. Anyway, for me; off to Stanbic I go. I won't expect much from aside stability and proximity which they have really worked on.
Re: GTB Again! by Buzman: 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2010
what is a brand without service?
Re: GTB Again! by jamace(m): 10:37am On Dec 02, 2010
Why is GTB not sending sms on some transactions? A friend paid money into my accunt and there was never a sms notification of the payment. Another time, my account was debitted without notifying me too. GTB should wake up. The complaints are getting too much.
Re: GTB Again! by SolutionsAgent: 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2010
You guys are scaring me with your complains. I have always been told good things about GTB. Infact, I'm just planning to open an account with them before the end of this year. wahoo! so there is skeleton in GTB's cupboard?

This is dangerous for a well respected bank.
Re: GTB Again! by Fogman(m): 9:15am On Dec 04, 2010
Hello House, i intend getting a GTB Prepaid Visa card next week for my online purchase, pls anyone who have used this same card, could pls advice based on experience. Thanks
Re: GTB Again! by Buzman: 4:56am On Dec 08, 2010
@fogman. Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you not been reading about the card crisis at GTB in the news. Just switched from GTB to another bank.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Becoming A Distributor Of A Maggi Company Here In Nigeria / Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? / Snailry:::: Snail Farming.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.